Join the CAG Steam Community!

[quote name='red flare graf']Is that an advertisement for your Britney Spears fan community? I added you, either way. ;)[/quote]

did not recieve.

I can't find an answer anywhere so I'm hoping this thread can help. I have Steam and HL 2 on my laptop, but it doesn't run very well. My family got a new PC that can run it well but I don't know if it's possible to get Steam and redownload HL 2 on it. If that is possible, how to game saves work? Are they tied to my account or to the computer?

[quote name='mrchainsaw']I can't find an answer anywhere so I'm hoping this thread can help. I have Steam and HL 2 on my laptop, but it doesn't run very well. My family got a new PC that can run it well but I don't know if it's possible to get Steam and redownload HL 2 on it. If that is possible, how to game saves work? Are they tied to my account or to the computer?[/quote]

If you download steam to the computer you can re play it on that computer as long as your logged into steam.

your saved would be lost, but Im not sure, you could maybe with a USB transfer the files from you laptop to the save folder in the desktop.

Ive never actually tried that though, but I dont see why it wouldnt work.

[quote name='p00ndawg']If you download steam to the computer you can re play it on that computer as long as your logged into steam.

your saved would be lost, but Im not sure, you could maybe with a USB transfer the files from you laptop to the save folder in the desktop.

Ive never actually tried that though, but I dont see why it wouldnt work.[/quote] OK, I think I'll try that out.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']I can't find an answer anywhere so I'm hoping this thread can help. I have Steam and HL 2 on my laptop, but it doesn't run very well. My family got a new PC that can run it well but I don't know if it's possible to get Steam and redownload HL 2 on it. If that is possible, how to game saves work? Are they tied to my account or to the computer?[/quote]

Oh yea, you can transfer everything to the other computer. One thing you might want to do is create a back-up data disc of HL2 though, since it most likely has self-updated if you auto-log onto steam when you boot up your comp.

Just go to your games through steam, right-click on HL2 and select backup game files. If you have any other games you'd want to back-up you can select them there and I believe it also gives you an option for splittin up the files so you can burn them onto cd's/dvd's then install them later on after you setup steam on the other computer. Just use your same log-in info and your set.

As for your save files, follow the Directories like this: Drive you installed Steam on > Program Files > Steam > SteamApps > Your e-mail log-in > half-life 2 > hl2 > SAVE

Copy all those files to the other save folder on the other computer and you should be good.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Oh yea, you can transfer everything to the other computer. One thing you might want to do is create a back-up data disc of HL2 though, since it most likely has self-updated if you auto-log onto steam when you boot up your comp.

Just go to your games through steam, right-click on HL2 and select backup game files. If you have any other games you'd want to back-up you can select them there and I believe it also gives you an option for splittin up the files so you can burn them onto cd's/dvd's then install them later on after you setup steam on the other computer. Just use your same log-in info and your set.

As for your save files, follow the Directories like this: Drive you installed Steam on > Program Files > Steam > SteamApps > Your e-mail log-in > half-life 2 > hl2 > SAVE

Copy all those files to the other save folder on the other computer and you should be good.[/quote]

wow, did not know this.

:applause:

steam is probably the only form of DRM I approve, because its actually useful.

[quote name='p00ndawg']wow, did not know this.

:applause:

steam is probably the only form of DRM I approve, because its actually useful.[/quote]
Thank ya.

Yea, Steam has it's ups and downs, but it's pros heavily outweigh whatever cons might pop up.

I'm just glad on-line play is free :D

Pretty much the reason I know how to get through everything is because I'm a CS Source addict :p

Heck, if you know what your doing you can go to bananafps.com and change some stuff. Like the radio icon that appears over the heads of people when they talk, your HUD (that displays HP, Ammo, etc.), your Main Menu (You can even add intro music!), etc..
There's a lot of stuff to discover :mrgreen:

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Thank ya.

Yea, Steam has it's ups and downs, but it's pros heavily outweigh whatever cons might pop up.

I'm just glad on-line play is free :D

Pretty much the reason I know how to get through everything is because I'm a CS Source addict :p

Heck, if you know what your doing you can go to bananafps.com and change some stuff. Like the radio icon that appears over the heads of people when they talk, your HUD (that displays HP, Ammo, etc.), your Main Menu (You can even add intro music!), etc..
There's a lot of stuff to discover :mrgreen:[/quote]

oh yea I know some of that stuff, putting mods on your guns.:bouncy:

[quote name='Gamehead']Add me to the group please. I have been playing pretty regularly. It would be nice to play with the same people, instead of jumping from server to server.[/quote]
Yea, it's usually better to play with people you know or are familiar with, since a lot of people (and I mean A LOT) on Steam can be total pricks

CAGFrag - Pirates, Vikings and Knights II Beta 2.0

shieldchargecliffsm.jpg

Time: Friday 7:00 PM - ??:??
;Saterday ??:?? - ??:??

(check the Steam Community page for the exact time since I've forgotton what the timezone Steam is set to on there schedualer).

Server IP: TBD*
Password: TBD

Come join the party and rollick with fellow CAGs in the hilariously fun PVKII mod. If you have never played PVK or PVKII before, you're in for a treat!

Grab the mod at: http://www.pvkii.com/
Remember you'll need to have a Source SDK enabled game to play the mod (CS:S, HL2, DOD:S, etc.)

*If you would like to donate/share a server for the event please PM me on the CAG forum. Thanks!

Hope to see y'all later!

-PJ

[quote name='p00ndawg']tried this and deleted the mod, crazy lag.[/quote]

If you means in terms of low FPS then yes, the mod can be a little demanding especially with all the bloom and high res textures.

But I'm running on an old x850xt and it runs like butter at 1680x1050 widescreen.

If you mean in terms of latency then I don't know, I personally didn't find the servers to be laggy at all (playing on the Dallas servers).

A really fun mod, if you can get a good organized team with voIP, playing booty mode is a blast!

:)

[quote name='Pookymeister']if anyone ever needs a ringer for a CS:S match/scrim - PM me ;p[/quote]
Hit me up, let's go pug ;O

I'mma go play some CS Source right now actually so I sent you a friend invite :D

Event starting in about 10 minutes!

Server: TrinityGamer.com Dallas 04
Server IP: 70.85.234.203:27015

Ahh poop

Seems no one was interested at all playing the mod. Everyone else was busy playing TF2 and CS:S :(

One mod that I would like to find people to play with is the Zombie Panic! just because it's Zombies vs. humans. the game starts with one zombie versus humans and every human that gets killed turns into a zombie. it's pretty imbalanced (zombies completely overpowered just like in real life).

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kenkaze

As a side note, I used to be able to see everyone on my friends window when i opened it (clicked the plus sign). I could then easily see what servers people were on. Now I can't and i don't see a similarly easy way to see server details for where people are playing....Is this a new change, or some option on my end I need to fix?

[quote name='humidore']As a side note, I used to be able to see everyone on my friends window when i opened it (clicked the plus sign). I could then easily see what servers people were on. Now I can't and i don't see a similarly easy way to see server details for where people are playing....Is this a new change, or some option on my end I need to fix?[/quote]

Well, it seems that we have too many people to be displayed on the friends list now.. But when I click "View all members" at the very bottom, it pops up a window where I can easily join anyone. Not sure if you see that.

Hope I got everyone an invite that needed one. If anyone else needs an invite, send me a pm or post here after this message.

bread's done
Back