JR.com BD Sets $5.00 + Shipping

Static-Jak

CAGiversary!
Yep, my orders both got cancelled, and my credit card fully charged. Paid through Amazon Payments, so already fired off some emails for refunds....

[quote name='Stele']No, your card wasn't. They simply put an authorization on your card and most credit card companies don't catch up on unbilled balances for the weekend until Tuesday. American Express being one exception.[/QUOTE]
All I know is there's a charge under my transactions for 6/7. If I went to pay my bill right now, I'd be paying that off. That to me is called being charged.

I finally got my cancellation notices, but Amazon still has an open order. Hopefully they process refunds promptly.

[quote name='bizman316']Seems to me that there was more than one person complaining. I guess counting past 1 isn't your strong point though.[/QUOTE]

well we have lots of people talking about it... several people saying their order was canceled (not a complaint).. couple people talking about how their credit card was charged. Complaints but nice sound complaints and not whiny..

I see one complaint from someone whining like a 3 year old... hmmm yup bizman316...

So I count 1 complaint or 4-5 posts about the same complaint from the same person.

charges went from pending to posted today so i fired off emails to amazon and JR.com...rather annoying that it actually posted...now i wonder how long it may take to get a refund

[quote name='Jedi1979']charges went from pending to posted today so i fired off emails to amazon and JR.com...rather annoying that it actually posted...now i wonder how long it may take to get a refund[/QUOTE]

yeap got charges on my credit card they said ALLOW up to 14 days for a refund .. WTF

if they post the charge they should be forced to ship it

i wrote a letter to amazon payments to see what they have to say

LOL look at their feedback 12% neg now..

I think i will leave Neg feedback as well... Not cause they did not ship the items out its because they knew they would not ship the items out YET still charge the credit card to tie up my funds

going to more feedback it seems your going to have to contact amazon about this cause JR is very slow in giving refunds ..

Well, I wrote a letter to JR basically stating that they should please ship the item because I have already been charged.

I'm hoping I get someone who will reinstate the order to be shipped. Though, doubtful. If that doesn't work, I'll fill an A to Z claim for my refund.

Have any of you actually tried calling J&R and saying all of this? I mean it states clear as day that they don't charge until they ship, so if you got charged the items should be shipped.

[quote name='Afflicted']well we have lots of people talking about it... several people saying their order was canceled (not a complaint).. couple people talking about how their credit card was charged. Complaints but nice sound complaints and not whiny..

I see one complaint from someone whining like a 3 year old... hmmm yup bizman316...

So I count 1 complaint or 4-5 posts about the same complaint from the same person.[/QUOTE]

lol. I guess reading isn't your strong point either. Here is a response from another user that said almost the exact same thing I did. This isn't his original post but if you really want you can search for it. Also there is another user that said similar things that I did. Also if you could read properly then you would see that I never said that I was upset because the order was cancelled. In fact I stated multiple times that it is understandable. I only talked about customer service in my posts.

KingofOldSchool
user_offline.gif

CAGiversary!
XBL: pearljamownzyou

Marketplace: (4) 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEH
This could be the dumbest counter-argument I've ever heard.

Way to take my point and try and twist it.

Expecting them to lose hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on merchandise because of a pricing error is ridiculous. They apologized and offered free shipping on an order, which they didn't need to do. They dont need to go beyond canceling your order, yet they did and a few people who feel entitled still complain about it.

I'll take the same route as you though since it's obviously too hard to understand where I'm coming from. Imagine you're a store and you have a relatively large pricing mistake and a bunch of people try to capitalize. Are you going to take the hit and give them their stuff anyways? Doubt it.

Also, if you read their terms of service, pretty much guaranteed to be a line in there covering this exact case. Stop trying to act like you were somehow screwed throughout all of this.

1. I wasn't twisting anything. I made something called a counter-point. You said that I knew it was a price error. You're right, but what if someone who wasn't savvy to that saw the price and decided to order it? That's bad customer service just to say "Well even though our site said it was this much, it's actually higher. So either pay the higher price or GTFO." That's not something that would make a first time shopper want to try and do business with them again.

2. I never said I expected them to ship them out. Not ONCE. Even from the beginning I, like everyone else, expected the orders to be canceled. All I was doing was agreeing that people do have a legit reason to be annoyed with the blind eye approach.

3. I never claimed to be screwed. However, like I just mentioned, it is poor customer service to make such drastic fuck ups on their online prices, only for them to turn around and say "Yeah you ordered them for that price, but we didn't mean to list it for that much, so you get nothing." That is the only time I've ever placed an order with them. For me I don't care one way or another, but someone else might be annoyed with what they did. Instead of saying "Tough shit", they could have said "We made an error, we had to cancel your order. However, due to any problem this may have caused you and because we value your business, we are offering you a $10 discount towards anything in the store over $30."

That would solve two things.

1. They are making it up to the customers that got an order canceled due to the store's error.

2. It gets the store business by offering the customers a reason to give them money.

[quote name='bizman316']lol. I guess reading isn't your strong point either. Here is a response from another user that said almost the exact same thing I did. This isn't his original post but if you really want you can search for it. Also there is another user that said similar things that I did. Also if you could read properly then you would see that I never said that I was upset because the order was cancelled. In fact I stated multiple times that it is understandable. I only talked about customer service in my posts.
[/QUOTE]

Ya know what I find funny about your posts... that you attacked me for a post that was about someone else attacking you.... maybe this is an example of the pot calling the kettle black... maybe your problem is what you accuse me of... lack of reading comprehension...

anyway lets look back through the posts....

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Jesus fucking christ. Glad I don't have a store and have to deal with all the entitled assholes.[/QUOTE]

guy attacking people complaining in the posts...

[quote name='Afflicted']yeah would be a total bitch to deal with the "1" person in this thread that's complaining...[/QUOTE]

me calling the guy complaining about the posts a whiny bitch...

[quote name='bizman316']Seems to me that there was more than one person complaining. I guess counting past 1 isn't your strong point though.[/QUOTE]

you attacking me for calling the other guy a whiny bitch for complaining about you.

Yup I don't get it but it is what it is.

[quote name='Afflicted']Ya know what I find funny about your posts... that you attacked me for a post that was about someone else attacking you.... maybe this is an example of the pot calling the kettle black... maybe your problem is what you accuse me of... lack of reading comprehension...

anyway lets look back through the posts....

guy attacking people complaining in the posts...

me calling the guy complaining about the posts a whiny bitch...

you attacking me for calling the other guy a whiny bitch for complaining about you.

Yup I don't get it but it is what it is.[/QUOTE]

haha touche sir. To be honest I did misunderstand what you meant. I thought that you were agreeing with that person about a person complaining when I wasn't complaining about the orders being cancelled and a pain in the ass customer. When you said "1" person I thought you meant the person that the other guy was referring to so if you truely were sticking up for me then my bad. I wish you would have said something earlier haha.

[quote name='Jodou']All I know is there's a charge under my transactions for 6/7. If I went to pay my bill right now, I'd be paying that off. That to me is called being charged.[/QUOTE]

Why would you pay off a charge that you just made? That makes little sense and sounds like you're just looking for a reason to complain. You only have to pay off your last statement balance in order to avoid interest. You would only have to worry about this incorrect change next statement. By then, I'm sure it would be corrected and no longer be an issue.

It still amazes me how entitled some people get. When this thread popped up, did people honestly think J&R was going to take an ass raping over this mistake?

Well, J&R will never see my business after such piss-poor practices. It's clear to me that they had no intention of refunding me, so I fired off an email to Amazon instead. What a fraudulent company; definitely leaving negative feedback.[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Why would you pay off a charge that you just made? That makes little sense and sounds like you're just looking for a reason to complain. You only have to pay off your last statement balance in order to avoid interest. You would only have to worry about this incorrect change next statement. By then, I'm sure it would be corrected and no longer be an issue.

It still amazes me how entitled some people get. When this thread popped up, did people honestly think J&R was going to take an ass raping over this mistake?[/QUOTE]
Lol, k. Price mistakes do not justify fraudulent practices.

Honestly I expected the cancellation; I'm okay with that. Charging me with no intention of sending me anything, even with intent to refund in 14 days (which is crap turnaround time) is wrong.

http://www.jr.com/information/help.jsp

While we make every effort to ensure the product information and pricing on JR.com is accurate and current, there may be instances where inaccurate or incomplete data is displayed. In the event item data is incorrect, such as listed with an incorrect price, availability, or with incorrect information, JR.com shall have the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any orders placed for that item. In the event an item is mispriced, JR.com, at our discretion, will do one of the following:
If an item is priced higher than the stated amount, we will either contact you for instructions or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. If we cancel your order after your payment has been processed, we will issue you a full refund.
We reserve the right to correct errors and/or update the content on our website at any time without notice.
And where does J&R state they don't charge till they ship? Are people just referencing Amazon's practice? Because I think, since it was sold by J&R on Amazon, that policy doesn't apply. I searched the J&R help page, but don't see anything indicating you won't be charged before shipping the item, and the fact that they write "if we cancel you order after your payment has been processed" sounds an awful lot like that's the standard way they do things.

I'm wondering how many of you that 'will never do business with such a fraudulent company again' have ever done business with (or heard of them) before. (I almost bought some movies from them during a BF two years ago, but Amazon matched it so I canceled. And I remember the funds being drawn out by J&R at that time, too, because I was short on cash for all the BF deals, and it made it worse - but I didn't consider it fraudulent...)

I am really amazed that people think they are owed more because of this. You can call it 'bad customer service' all you want - this was not a case of bad customer service. Probably the worst thing happening is some people are out $20 until they refund them. Nobody said "GTFO NEVER BUY FROM US AGAIN!" People had some orders canceled, and rightly so, and J&R were full within the rights to do so, AND are within their rights to not offer you some amazing deal because they made a mistake.

well amazon doesnt really seem to care people selling though them does this to people ... got this back from amazon

am very sorry for the frustration this matter has caused. I've checked your order, # and I can confirm that the order has been canceled by J&R Music and Computer World. It seems that this order has been canceled due to a pricing error on the J&R Music and Computer World website.

Unfortunately, our A-Z Guarantee claim process does not guarantee pricing errors. You will need to contact J&R Music and Computer World regarding your pricing error and refunds. Since these items are shipped and sold by the seller they will need to initiate the refund. If your seller is unclear how to initiate a refund, you may want to send them this link:

To contact the seller:

1. Go to the Amazon Payments website at https://payments.amazon.com/
2. Click the "Your Account" link at the top of the website, and sign in when prompted.
3. Under "Action," click "Details" for the appropriate order.
4. On the order summary page, click "Problem with this order?"
5. Click the "Contact Seller" button.

We do want to make sure that your order works out. If you don't receive a reply from your seller within 3 business days, you may want to consider using our online A-to-z Guarantee to file a claim for full reimbursement of your order cost, including shipping. Please follow the steps below to file a claim.

Guarantee claims usually take 1-2 weeks to process. We'll send you an e-mail notification when processing is complete. If you have any further questions, please contact us again by visiting the following link to ensure that we receive your message:

seems amazon doesnt know what they are doing either cause in the first part they say

Unfortunately, our A-Z Guarantee claim process does not guarantee pricing errors

Then they say

We do want to make sure that your order works out. If you don't receive a reply from your seller within 3 business days, you may want to consider using our online A-to-z Guarantee

Ummm i thought you just said a-z guarantee claimes does not do pricing errors

Lol, we'll see what Amazon says to my inquiry, but if it comes to it I'll just dispute the charge and be done with it.

Completely inexcusable that the consumer should need to initiate a claim for a canceled order.

There is no point in complaining. We all knew it was a price error. They charged my credit card and all I am concerned about it is a refund. I do not feel the need to call them, it will be processed in time. We all took a risk. Like I said before, no harm, no foul.

[quote name='thebob101']There is no point in complaining. We all knew it was a price error. They charged my credit card and all I am concerned about it is a refund. I do not feel the need to call them, it will be processed in time. We all took a risk. Like I said before, no harm, no foul.[/QUOTE]

But if they said they don't charge until it ships, none of us should have money taken out of our bank accounts. If they charged us without shipping, that should be worth calling and complaining over because that is freakin' shady as hell.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']http://www.jr.com/information/help.jsp

And where does J&R state they don't charge till they ship? Are people just referencing Amazon's practice? Because I think, since it was sold by J&R on Amazon, that policy doesn't apply. I searched the J&R help page, but don't see anything indicating you won't be charged before shipping the item, and the fact that they write "if we cancel you order after your payment has been processed" sounds an awful lot like that's the standard way they do things.
[/QUOTE]

Just as a side note...The company I work for is a very large seller on the Amazon Marketplace and Amazon requires us to not charge until we ship also. So that isn't just an Amazon thing.

Yeah, I was fine with them cancelling. I mean, I'd have really liked to get that sort of insane deal, but when it comes down to it, I was expecting it to be cancelled. The problem I have is their charging me for the orders. It bothers me when a company can be so damn quick to take my money but then drag their feet on giving it back. What's worse, though, is that I actually got a refund for ONE of them on Monday... but I've received nothing else for the other three... not even any notification that they intend to refund.

This thread is funny... why is there so much bitching? Just file the complaint or send an email and you'll receive a refund at some point. Maybe the system was messed up when they had to take down products from the system and alter things quickly to prevent more people from trying to take advantage of pricing errors? Either way, you're only talking what? $10-$20? If you can't live your life for 2 weeks without $10-$20 or whatever, maybe you shouldn't be ordering stuff?

Anyway, I'm sure their refund policy and everything else is in the fine print that most people never read.

[quote name='Amazon']Hello,

I am sorry for the frustration this matter has caused.

You did the right thing by contacting J&R Music and Computer World, regarding your refund. Since these items are shipped and sold by the seller they will need to initiate the refund.[/quote]So basically I'm being sent in circles (even though I suspect the J&R rep was an idiot) and the only notifications I have from J&R are cancellations.

Terrible.

[quote name='Retom7']This thread is funny... why is there so much bitching? Just file the complaint or send an email and you'll receive a refund at some point. Maybe the system was messed up when they had to take down products from the system and alter things quickly to prevent more people from trying to take advantage of pricing errors? Either way, you're only talking what? $10-$20? If you can't live your life for 2 weeks without $10-$20 or whatever, maybe you shouldn't be ordering stuff?

Anyway, I'm sure their refund policy and everything else is in the fine print that most people never read.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, for the most part... Part of our response is probably largely due to our being used to a certain level of customer service and a certain manner of business (Amazon, GS, etc.) and when we run into something so different, we buck. It's like having to go into a store and pay full price for something... it just seems very, very... wrong.

I think most everyone here is disappointed, though not suprised, that the orders were cancelled. I think what's making it more sour is that the order page said we wouldn't be charged and we were.

And, for what it's worth... "If you can't live your life for 2 weeks without $10-$20 or whatever, maybe you shouldn't be ordering stuff?" is just asinine. That's like you going to a thread where CAGs are trying to get an extra 2% off of an order and telling them "If you afford to buy it without that 2%..."

I think you're just missing the point. I could give you $100 and it wouldn't cripple me. In the long run, it would just be absorbed into my financial history and I wouldn't even feel it. But I'm still not giving you $100.

[quote name='bitzer']And, for what it's worth... "If you can't live your life for 2 weeks without $10-$20 or whatever, maybe you shouldn't be ordering stuff?" is just asinine. That's like you going to a thread where CAGs are trying to get an extra 2% off of an order and telling them "If you afford to buy it without that 2%..."[/QUOTE]
Those people still live with mommy.

But seriously, I run a tight ship and pay off my credit card the day my statement is prepared. I shouldn't have to worry about an erroneous charge like this IMO.

[quote name='Jodou']So basically I'm being sent in circles (even though I suspect the J&R rep was an idiot) and the only notifications I have from J&R are cancellations.

Terrible.[/QUOTE]

got off the phone to one of the higher ups on amazon (at least that is what they told me)

They said they are mostly wipping their hands of anything to do with these orders... amazon does not want to hear the complants and can do nothing about it... we will ONLY get the money back once JR desides to process the REFUNDS

o well guess i just push the issue to the BBB now and tell everyone else to do the same... and about the person saying Who cares you dont have the money for 2 weeks..

Give me 5,000 bucks for free with no interest for 2 weeks so i can then go blow it anyway i want ... good luck finding anyone willing to loan you 5,000+ for 2 weeks interest free

Also love how JR refuses to answer any of their emails now

[quote name='slidecage']got off the phone to one of the higher ups on amazon (at least that is what they told me)

They said they are mostly wipping their hands of anything to do with these orders... amazon does not want to hear the complants and can do nothing about it... we will ONLY get the money back once JR desides to process the REFUNDS

o well guess i just push the issue to the BBB now and tell everyone else to do the same... and about the person saying Who cares you dont have the money for 2 weeks..

Give me 5,000 bucks for free with no interest for 2 weeks so i can then go blow it anyway i want ... good luck finding anyone willing to loan you 5,000+ for 2 weeks interest free

Also love how JR refuses to answer any of their emails now[/QUOTE]

in all honesty... complaining to the BBB is just a waste of your time. They're a useless organization. They have no power and can accomplish nothing.

[quote name='toogood']Just got an email stating that they're processing my refunds.[/QUOTE]
Did you have to email them or was it automatic? I've been meaning to fire one off to them.

[quote name='Jodou']Did you have to email them or was it automatic? I've been meaning to fire one off to them.[/QUOTE]

I emailed them the day they canceled my orders, but never received a reply. I'm not sure if these refunds were due to the email or not.

Cool, cuz when I first contacted them the dude told me Amazon was responsible for refunds. Guess I'll wait patiently.

Lol, and then I get an email from Amazon telling me I've been refunded for one of the orders. Now I don't know who to believe lol. W/e, least they're making good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a little late to reply, but didn't realize the 'not charge until shipping ' was on the order page and is a policy of amazon sellers as well as amazon. So yeah, agreed that it's not right. It really doesn't make a difference because if you had received a product you wouldn't have that money right now anyway (unless you turned to sell of really fast), but doesn't make it okay for them to say one thing and do another. I've never seen a deal from them I couldn't find elsewhere or live without, so in he long run, doubt they are losing much business from cags.

yea, this whole thread is really just turning out to be sad.

Frankly, everyone knew that these orders were going to be cancelled. $5k interest free for two weeks is not equivalent to $5 interest free for two weeks. It's not a good comparison. Sorry to single that out, but it was the most recent one I read. There were plenty of other bad comparisons made.

Is JR.com handling this well? Doesn't sound like it. But really, I'm inclined to agree with the sentiment of "if a $10 charge is going to break you, maybe you shouldn't be spending your money on blu-ray movies". If it is that big of a deal, and you think JR is taking too long, I agree, calling the BBB probably isn't going to accomplish a whole lot for you personally. Perhaps try calling your credit card company.

UPDATE:

So far I have only been credited on 2 of the 5 orders I placed(ordered one box set per order) I have sent some e-mail through Amazon to JR.com 2 days ago with no replies yet from them. What worries me is checking their Amazon.com seller feedback it just seems they just quit replying to e-mails about this manner all together.

So JR makes a mistake in prices, absolutely everyone knows it, and is trying to screw them out of really cheap blurays and that's okay. But they get charged and don't get their money back fast enough and all hell breaks loose. Not too fun when people screw you over, is it?

Well, I've sent 3 seperate emails to JR about a refund for my 2 orders, and still no response. According to Amazon's A to Z Payments page, I have to wait until the 20th to dispute the charges. Any chance JR will pony up the refund before they're forced to? Unlikely, I believe.....

Now, after I talked to a rep on the phone, I feel slightly better... She said the refund process should be getting started now, and to call back by Friday if nothing's changed. And she mentioned that the emails I sent through Amazon never reached them, so take that process for what it's worth.

[quote name='opterasis']So JR makes a mistake in prices, absolutely everyone knows it, and is trying to screw them out of really cheap blurays and that's okay. But they get charged and don't get their money back fast enough and all hell breaks loose. Not too fun when people screw you over, is it?[/QUOTE]
LOL. Yeah, what we did was immoral and indicative of us trying to screw a company over. Placing an order for a product they chose to list for sale.

And one more update:

Seems like my refund is coming along nicely, got confirmation from Amazon that JR is refunding the entire amount of both orders. If you're having problems via email, give them a call - 1-800-426-6027. Worked for me!

I see nothing wrong with people placing an order for a price mistake, but everyone know it would 99 percent chance be cancelled and while most don't charge until they ship that is the chance everyone took. I ordered a box set but i wouldn't have worried if I was charged because that money was earmarked for it anyways so i didn't count on having it anyways. If 5 or 10 bucks really puts you that far behind then honestly you probably shouldn't take a chance like this

[quote name='dmdragon'] [...] If 5 or 10 bucks really puts you that far behind then honestly you probably shouldn't take a chance like this[/QUOTE]

I was going to respond to this but was struck with the strangest sense of Déjà vu... :whistle2:s

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']LOL. Yeah, what we did was immoral and indicative of us trying to screw a company over. Placing an order for a product they chose to list for sale.[/QUOTE]

You must have terribad reading comprehension. "Pricing mistake". Mistake being the key word. It was an accident. I know it, you know it, your uncle Frank knows it. There's no need for everyone to act like a victim when they knew what was going on. You will all get refunded, it will happen, there's no need to act butthurt about having to wait a week or so.

[quote name='opterasis']You must have terribad reading comprehension. "Pricing mistake". Mistake being the key word. It was an accident. I know it, you know it, your uncle Frank knows it. There's no need for everyone to act like a victim when they knew what was going on. You will all get refunded, it will happen, there's no need to act butthurt about having to wait a week or so.[/QUOTE]
It's not up for discussion. Their policy states they will not charge the consumer until the product ships. No product was shipped yet we were all charged. They broke the agreement.

End of story.

[quote name='opterasis']You must have terribad reading comprehension. "Pricing mistake". Mistake being the key word. It was an accident. I know it, you know it, your uncle Frank knows it. There's no need for everyone to act like a victim when they knew what was going on. You will all get refunded, it will happen, there's no need to act butthurt about having to wait a week or so.[/QUOTE]

LOL whatever.

[quote name='Jodou']It's not up for discussion. Their policy states they will not charge the consumer until the product ships. No product was shipped yet we were all charged. They broke the agreement.

End of story.[/QUOTE]

I think this has been addressed before. I can't find anywhere in the policy that says they don't charge until it ships. Just because other retailers do that doesn't mean they have to. If it is in there then please forgive me, but I couldn't find it for the life of me

[quote name='dmdragon']I think this has been addressed before. I can't find anywhere in the policy that says they don't charge until it ships. Just because other retailers do that doesn't mean they have to. If it is in there then please forgive me, but I couldn't find it for the life of me[/QUOTE]
It's apparently somewhere at the point of sale page. I found nothing in the policy, and actually the policy indicates otherwise.

bread's done
Back