JR.com BD Sets $5.00 + Shipping

Static-Jak

CAGiversary!
[quote name='Brian9824']Hell if anyone actually gets a dexter set they don't want if they go thru let me know[/QUOTE]
Hell if anyone gets some extra punctuation to give this guy if they don't need it let him know

;)

[quote name='grilledwitonions']hell if anyone gets some extra punctuation to give this guy if they don't need it let him know

;)[/quote]

, , .

WOW, if you guys actually get these sets I'd be really jealous. I've considered getting the Star Trek set on Amazon for $27, but $5 plus shipping is nuts.

[quote name='ZForce915']WOW, if you guys actually get these sets I'd be really jealous. I've considered getting the Star Trek set on Amazon for $27, but $5 plus shipping is nuts.[/QUOTE]

i dont see it for 27 on amazon.

whenever you use paypal it charges instantly, regardless if a retailer doesn't charge until shipping. i'd be pretty amazed if even one order is honored.

[quote name='erectiontown']whenever you use paypal it charges instantly, regardless if a retailer doesn't charge until shipping. i'd be pretty amazed if even one order is honored.[/QUOTE]
Have faith and you will be disappointed:drool:

[quote name='ZForce915']WOW, if you guys actually get these sets I'd be really jealous. I've considered getting the Star Trek set on Amazon for $27, but $5 plus shipping is nuts.[/QUOTE]

what you linked to was Star Trek: Motion Picture Trilogy what was 5 bucks was Season 1 , 2 and 3 into a package

unless the Trilogy was another set they were selling

I would rather have season 1 2 and 3 for 5 before 3 movies :)

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']So, I had a couple of the sets still in my cart from yesterday and strangely enough, I can still buy them using the Amazon checkout for $10.[/QUOTE]

i wonder if there were more glitches on different items on amazon yesterday.. i have prime and ordered a dog toy at 7am this morning with next day shipping and order still says SHIPPING SOON

like they are going though each other very closely for some reason (or it shipped and they didnt update it)

Man my dog is going to be sad if their toy didnt ship today :)

I just got a couple of e-mails from JR.com about my Star Trek sets being cancelled. They did say I could call-in another order and get free shipping on another item for my trouble if I wanted.

EDIT:
I now think all my orders have been cancelled, as I just got like four more e-mails in the last minute or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I got the cancellation e-mail for all of my items to. I also got an offer for free shipping. This is worthless because their prices really aren't that good so they gave a crappy discount. They should give some type of discount off of an item of your choice. I understand why the order was cancelled but they really should do something nicer than free shipping. I mean most good sites offer that anyways (amazon, deepdiscount etc.). Oh well, I'll never shop with them again anyways.

[quote name='bizman316']Yeah I got the cancellation e-mail for all of my items to. I also got an offer for free shipping. This is worthless because their prices really aren't that good so they gave a crappy discount. They should give some type of discount off of an item of your choice. I understand why the order was cancelled but they really should do something nicer than free shipping. I mean most good sites offer that anyways (amazon, deepdiscount etc.). Oh well, I'll never shop with them again anyways.[/QUOTE]

yea will never deal with the company again... then again would never deal with them in the first place but 250 sets for 5 bucks you deal with them :)

still didnt get my email.. COME ON JR I WANT MY CANCELL EMAIL :)

If your product was a Music or Movie title, please be aware it is our policy to cancel
that portion of the order that we cannot obtain in a short period of time. If we do
not have a music or movie title in our vast inventory, we order it from a
distributor. If our distributor is out of stock, we then order it from a
back-up distributor. If all sources are out of stock, it is our experience
that the title is currently unavailable. We cancel that title as a convenience to
you so that you are free to look elsewhere for it.
Nothing about we screwed up and had the wrong price listed though. Oh well back to my Toysrus orders.

[quote name='bizman316']Yeah I got the cancellation e-mail for all of my items to. I also got an offer for free shipping. This is worthless because their prices really aren't that good so they gave a crappy discount. They should give some type of discount off of an item of your choice. I understand why the order was cancelled but they really should do something nicer than free shipping. I mean most good sites offer that anyways (amazon, deepdiscount etc.). Oh well, I'll never shop with them again anyways.[/QUOTE]

They don't owe you anything. It was a pricing mistake and you all knew it, but ordered anyways in hopes you'd get stuff ridiculously cheap. Be glad they said they'd give you free shipping on your next order since they aren't obligated to do anything.

Is it nice that Amazon or few other sites give you a discount or some form of credit when they have pricing mistakes and cancel orders? Yes, it is, but stop acting like you're entitled to it.

Its called good customer service. They made the mistake. No one made a mistake in ordering the item. Like I said cancelling the order is understandable but again as a buisness owner you want to keep your customers happy so they continue their business. So since the business made a mistake they should do something for the customer because the customer didn't do anything wrong or make a mistake. Yes it doesn't have to happen but good buisnesses do this.

[quote name='SEH']They don't owe you anything. It was a pricing mistake and you all knew it, but ordered anyways in hopes you'd get stuff ridiculously cheap. Be glad they said they'd give you free shipping on your next order since they aren't obligated to do anything.

Is it nice that Amazon or few other sites give you a discount or some form of credit when they have pricing mistakes and cancel orders? Yes, it is, but stop acting like you're entitled to it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SEH']They don't owe you anything. It was a pricing mistake and you all knew it, but ordered anyways in hopes you'd get stuff ridiculously cheap. Be glad they said they'd give you free shipping on your next order since they aren't obligated to do anything.

Is it nice that Amazon or few other sites give you a discount or some form of credit when they have pricing mistakes and cancel orders? Yes, it is, but stop acting like you're entitled to it.[/QUOTE]

So if you went to buy something that said that it was x amount, then when you went to pay, they say that it wasn't meant to be that amount and you have to pay some higher price. Would you be okay with that? Somehow I doubt it.

[quote name='bizman316']Its called good customer service. They made the mistake. No one made a mistake in ordering the item. Like I said cancelling the order is understandable but again as a buisness owner you want to keep your customers happy so they continue their business. So since the business made a mistake they should do something for the customer because the customer didn't do anything wrong or make a mistake. Yes it doesn't have to happen but good buisnesses do this.[/QUOTE]

Apologizing and offering free shipping IS good customer service.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']So if you went to buy something that said that it was x amount, then when you went to pay, they say that it wasn't meant to be that amount and you have to pay some higher price. Would you be okay with that? Somehow I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

There's a difference. You all KNEW it was a huge price mistake. Stop trying to act like you're just an innocent customer.

Both of my orders were canceled as well. I checked out via amazon payment and they already charged my credit card for the 2 orders. The cancel email didn't mention anything about issuing a refund though.

[quote name='SEH']Apologizing and offering free shipping IS good customer service.

There's a difference. You all KNEW it was a huge price mistake. Stop trying to act like you're just an innocent customer.[/QUOTE]

The free shipping doesn't include about 2/3rds of the items they sell on their website including movies. I ordered movies wouldn't I want free shipping on movies then? I think so.

Also by your reasoning since it was their mistake they shouldn't have to pay for it because it was an accidental pricing error. Well if I went into a J&R store (if there is one) and accidently broke something then the store wouldn't expect me to pay for it nor would I have to since I just accidently made a mistake. I'm pretty sure J&R would want me to pay for my mistake. If a customer would have to pay for a mistake then so should the business.

Well, my card was definitely charged via Amazon Payments and I've got no cancellation email nor a canceled status when viewing the order. Tracking information comes up blank, so if I don't hear something soon they'll be hearing from me.

No, your card wasn't. They simply put an authorization on your card and most credit card companies don't catch up on unbilled balances for the weekend until Tuesday. American Express being one exception.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Jesus fucking christ. Glad I don't have a store and have to deal with all the entitled assholes.[/QUOTE]

yeah would be a total bitch to deal with the "1" person in this thread that's complaining...

[quote name='SEH']Apologizing and offering free shipping IS good customer service.

There's a difference. You all KNEW it was a huge price mistake. Stop trying to act like you're just an innocent customer.[/QUOTE]

So if some innocent, unsuspecting person came along and saw the price, would it be okay for them to not be okay with it?

[quote name='bizman316']The free shipping doesn't include about 2/3rds of the items they sell on their website including movies. I ordered movies wouldn't I want free shipping on movies then? I think so.

Also by your reasoning since it was their mistake they shouldn't have to pay for it because it was an accidental pricing error. Well if I went into a J&R store (if there is one) and accidently broke something then the store wouldn't expect me to pay for it nor would I have to since I just accidently made a mistake. I'm pretty sure J&R would want me to pay for my mistake. If a customer would have to pay for a mistake then so should the business.[/QUOTE]

Your logic is somewhat flawed. The mistake you are describing is actually a problem that would cost that business money if they were to let you not pay for an item you broke. There mistake is not going to cost you anything assuming they are refunding you your money.

That being said, as a customer if you want them to "pay" for their mistake, do it by not giving them business anymore and in turn have them lose revenue they would have gained having you as a customer.

[quote name='bizman316']The free shipping doesn't include about 2/3rds of the items they sell on their website including movies. I ordered movies wouldn't I want free shipping on movies then? I think so.

Also by your reasoning since it was their mistake they shouldn't have to pay for it because it was an accidental pricing error. Well if I went into a J&R store (if there is one) and accidently broke something then the store wouldn't expect me to pay for it nor would I have to since I just accidently made a mistake. I'm pretty sure J&R would want me to pay for my mistake. If a customer would have to pay for a mistake then so should the business.[/QUOTE]

This could be the dumbest counter-argument I've ever heard.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']So if some innocent, unsuspecting person came along and saw the price, would it be okay for them to not be okay with it?[/QUOTE]

Way to take my point and try and twist it.

Expecting them to lose hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on merchandise because of a pricing error is ridiculous. They apologized and offered free shipping on an order, which they didn't need to do. They dont need to go beyond canceling your order, yet they did and a few people who feel entitled still complain about it.

I'll take the same route as you though since it's obviously too hard to understand where I'm coming from. Imagine you're a store and you have a relatively large pricing mistake and a bunch of people try to capitalize. Are you going to take the hit and give them their stuff anyways? Doubt it.

Also, if you read their terms of service, pretty much guaranteed to be a line in there covering this exact case. Stop trying to act like you were somehow screwed throughout all of this.

[quote name='Stele']No, your card wasn't. They simply put an authorization on your card and most credit card companies don't catch up on unbilled balances for the weekend until Tuesday. American Express being one exception.[/QUOTE]

Oh, my card was charged alright. I check my account activities online. There "pending charge" which is a hold or authorization and then there's a charge with a transaction number. They charged my card with a posted date of 6/7/10, but then canceled my orders.

Do you know how to read. I said multiple times that it is understandable that they cancelled the orders. The obvious reason is because they would lose so much money. I didn't think I had to spell it out for you. It was just obvious. So I wasn't expecting them to lose money. I was expecting them to cancel the orders as I said already twice.

I was saying that even though it was a mistake that it would be nice to do something nice for you customers. The free shipping really wasn't nice because there was barely anything on their site that the free shipping included which you failed to mention even though I stated it above.

Also where am I acting like I was screwed. Copy and paste the text. I was talking about good customer service throughout my responses.

Also I do know the counter arguement was flawed. I was simply trying to show that if it was in the best interest for the buisness or company to get over on the customer they would to milk every penny out of you that they can. I know buisnesses are in it to make money but they also should have good customer service and that isn't really bad customer service but it most certainly isn't good. You took what I said and made it way worse that it was. So how was I twisting it. You were twisting my words not the other way around. I was just trying to make a point even if it was flawed. I didn't mean my example was how buisnesses should and always do work.

[quote name='SEH']This could be the dumbest counter-argument I've ever heard.

Expecting them to lose hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on merchandise because of a pricing error is ridiculous. They apologized and offered free shipping on an order, which they didn't need to do. They dont need to go beyond canceling your order, yet they did and a few people who feel entitled still complain about it.

I'll take the same route as you though since it's obviously too hard to understand where I'm coming from. Imagine you're a store and you have a relatively large pricing mistake and a bunch of people try to capitalize. Are you going to take the hit and give them their stuff anyways? Doubt it.

Also, if you read their terms of service, pretty much guaranteed to be a line in there covering this exact case. Stop trying to act like you were somehow screwed throughout all of this.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Afflicted']yeah would be a total bitch to deal with the "1" person in this thread that's complaining...[/QUOTE]

Seems to me that there was more than one person complaining. I guess counting past 1 isn't your strong point though.

[quote name='SEH']This could be the dumbest counter-argument I've ever heard.

Also, if you read their terms of service, pretty much guaranteed to be a line in there covering this exact case. Stop trying to act like you were somehow screwed throughout all of this.[/QUOTE]

1. I wasn't twisting anything. I made something called a counter-point. You said that I knew it was a price error. You're right, but what if someone who wasn't savvy to that saw the price and decided to order it? That's bad customer service just to say "Well even though our site said it was this much, it's actually higher. So either pay the higher price or GTFO." That's not something that would make a first time shopper want to try and do business with them again.

2. I never said I expected them to ship them out. Not ONCE. Even from the beginning I, like everyone else, expected the orders to be canceled. All I was doing was agreeing that people do have a legit reason to be annoyed with the blind eye approach.

3. I never claimed to be screwed. However, like I just mentioned, it is poor customer service to make such drastic fuck ups on their online prices, only for them to turn around and say "Yeah you ordered them for that price, but we didn't mean to list it for that much, so you get nothing." That is the only time I've ever placed an order with them. For me I don't care one way or another, but someone else might be annoyed with what they did. Instead of saying "Tough shit", they could have said "We made an error, we had to cancel your order. However, due to any problem this may have caused you and because we value your business, we are offering you a $10 discount towards anything in the store over $30."

That would solve two things.

1. They are making it up to the customers that got an order canceled due to the store's error.

2. It gets the store business by offering the customers a reason to give them money.

[quote name='toogood']Oh, my card was charged alright. I check my account activities online. There "pending charge" which is a hold or authorization and then there's a charge with a transaction number. They charged my card with a posted date of 6/7/10, but then canceled my orders.[/QUOTE]

All the charges that were "Pending" yesterday for all my cancelled orders have now been moved to the "Posted" section in my on-line banking statment.

bread's done
Back