June @Gamer $5 DA2, $10 R3, $5 Deadliest Warrior, $20 SCV, $30 SSX, $10 MLB11(used)

mgorsi

CAGiversary!
Thanks to loxthefox for posting these on May @Gamer Thread. (I think it deserved its own thread)

Cover - Call of Duty Black Ops 2

All Coupons are Valid from 06/05/12 THRU 07/14/12

$30 off SSX ($59.99 sale price, $29.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$20 off Soul Calibur V ($39.99 sale price, $19.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

$20 off Resistance 3 ($29.99 MSRP, $9.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Resista...?id=1218348182395&skuId=2674157&st=resistance 3&lp=2&cp=1

$15 off Dragon Age II ($19.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dragon+...52.p?id=1218279827966&skuId=1685052&st=dragon age 2&lp=2&cp=1

$20 off Deadliest Warrior ($24.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$40 off Triton AX headset - after coupon (AX 720 $90) (AX Pro $130) - tip- These might go on sale throughout June, so I'd wait for it, if not buy it on last week.

$20 off MLB 11 The Show (used) - ($10 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/MLB+11:...26411.p?id=1218347234963&skuId=2726411&st=MLB 11 the show&lp=1&cp=1

$10 off 1 used game $29.99 and up

Can be stacked on games on Sale!!

Thanks to Enuf for the following information from @gamer May issue -

MAGAZINE DETAILS

***You DO NOT have to be "UNLOCKED"($15 PAID MEMBERSHIP) to use the coupons & it's NOT tied to your RZ account just buy the mag and use the coupons***

Mag Prices - $5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months of coupons overlaps)
$15 also covers BB unlocked bonuses(10% off used + 10% extra trade-in)

SUBSCRIBING - (In-Store vs Online)
In-Store - You get the current months mag for FREE JUST HAVE THEM SCAN IT when you bring the subscription receipt($15) from the gaming pre-order kiosk. Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep MAY allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail. It's usually 6-8 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

Online - You pay the $15 subscription price just as you do in-store but you don't get the free instant copy(EVEN IF YOU GO IN-STORE AFTER DOING IT ONLINE) & it's usually 4-6 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

New Digital Mag/Coupon FAQ
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...al/ba-p/501887

Complete BB Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ'S + Details
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/?gamersClub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...11/td-p/320180

You will now start earning RZ points for trade-ins as well starting 3/1
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...ns/td-p/452753

BestBuy Trade-in Estimator
http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...c=799007770206

These coupon threads have a far more extensive OP's & should answer most general questions about Gamers club & the coupons overall
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320226
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=316177

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='brewtownska']To make sure I don't miss out on a $5 Dragon Age II, I picked it up on my way home from work yesterday on PS3. I did notice in the fine print on the back that the Online Pass included EXPIRES 3/??/2012. So I wonder...does it TRULY expire then, or will it still work now? Some codes say they expire but never do. If it does expire, will we need to BUY an online pass to play? I assume that would be another $10. Just food for thought. Hopefully EA would issue a new code for those of us buying it brand new now, but no way to know for sure.[/QUOTE]
For Mass Effect 2 during the March coupon, the Cerberus Network code expired in January, but still worked. I'm going to assume same situation here.

[quote name='Kanjishin']I was in my best buy last night and saw the new mag on the rack and was debating spending $5 for it instead of waiting for it in the mail:roll:[/QUOTE]Be sure to vote for getting access to store "house" coupons when you haven't received your mag in time for a sale. The link is in the blue section of the May @gamer OP. I'm trying to get the @gamer process as simple & easy as possible by having more than 1 way to ensure we get the deals.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320226

[quote name='VarsityTurtle']I bought SSX at 39.99 a week or two after it was released and was very happy with my purchase. Kudos to all of you who were able to hold out for an amazing deal![/QUOTE]Hopefully, you purchased at BB so you have at least 30 days to match(45 days if RZ silver) 60 days to price match starts in about 2 weeks. Use this to get games day 1 & get the cheaper prices too.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I keep almost all of my games as well. The majority of my games aren't even open.[/QUOTE]I'm in the same boat but I do take advantage of chances to sell a game for higher value then I paid & rebuy it again for a even bigger discount. Let's just take DA2 for example, the MSRP is $20 so the most I'd be able to get is $15 so by buying 2 copies for $10. I can then sell the 2nd one for $15 tax free on CL & it pays for both copies. If you consistantly do this you'll end up with 3-5 games for every $60 you spend & compare that to people who get 1 game for every $60 spent & you can see how fast your backlog will increase but you'll still have alot more $ in your pocket.

[quote name='Enuf']I buy alot of games so I think big picture to get the most out of my purchases...even though you don't think DA2 was worth $20 you would think it unwise for someone to spend $20 on it, play it for 2-3 weeks then sell/trade it for $35-$45 to the masses who do think it's worth more than $10 and then wait for the GOTY to hit $20 and rebuy then? Even if you don't trade games in if you have a game that's been played & you're completely done with it & for whatever reason there's a chance for you to get $45 cash or credit you still won't get rid of it? Then what you do with your old games?[/QUOTE]

If you are actually going to play a game immediately, and you know that it's a game you won't want to keep a copy of in your permanent library, then absolutely, the price is irrelevant as long as you'll be able to get your money back out of it after completing it.

However, the majority of CAGs (or so it seems) typically report having large backlogs, so the chances seem best that a great number of us on this site would not be taking that approach. Certainly most CAGs don't have backlogs of over 2000 games like I do, but hearing numbers like 100-250 is not uncommon when the topic comes up. If you have a large backlog, and you know you won't be playing a game until months or years later, then it only makes sense to set your hard price at which it's worth it and simply sit on it until it hits that price.

To answer your question about my old games:
Once I complete a game I decide whether it was so awesome that I'll want to play it again in a few years (thus going into my permanent library), or else 90% of the time, if I feel like I'm done with it and won't ever need it again, I sell it on eBay. Because at that point, it's probably the next generation of consoles already, and I'll get maybe $3-8 for it. But in the case of a $5 game, I'll probably be able to get most of my $5 back when I sell it on eBay 3-5 years from now. The 'true' cost of the game is just the DLCs, because obviously I'll never get that money back, but ~$10 is not a bad final cost for locking up the game in my library for whenever I get around to it. When I consider all the hours I should reasonably expect to get out of an RPG when I do finally play it, I feel like I'll have gotten my $10 worth out of it.

My backlog used to be over 3000 games, but the past 18 months I've been charging through quite a few. The only reason it got so large is that I wasn't able to play games much for about a decade (due to personal hardships which are irrelevant here) but I really didn't want to miss out on those games so I basically bought all of them up so that someday when I got my life straightened out, I'd be able to catch up. And that time is here, so I've been catching up and enjoying it quite a lot.

For about the past 6-7 years I've been buying an average of 5 games a week, mostly super-cheap, waiting for deals on every game because it didn't matter when I got it, it'd be several years before I played it. This past December, I finally caught up with buying all the games I wanted, and suddenly found myself out of games to buy. I've only bought an average of 1 game every 6 weeks since Dec, and it felt really bizarre not buying games every week, like something was missing from my life LOL.

I've now completed all of my 2nd-gen games (sold all of them except my 6 faves), and I'm halfway thru my 3rd-gen games (finished all the Atari 7800 & Sega Master; still working on a couple hundred NES games). I've completed maybe 2 dozen current-gen games alongside those, as well. Although, I've been playing Tiger Woods 12 for the last 250 gaming hours now, with about another 250 hours still to go before I complete it. My other hobby is travel, which cuts into gaming time. In a no-travel week I can get in maybe 25-28 hours of gaming; during a week when I travel, it can be zero to 8 hours. My goal is to be caught up with my whole backlog & ready to actually play new releases at release within 3-4 years.

Hmmm, want to sign up for this but don't want to go through the hassle for return/rebuy. Anyone ever use store pickup as a hold? Considering it to make sure I get my copy.

With the 100% trade in bonus I think I'm going to snag Soul Calibur and Dragon Age 2. Screw waiting on Soul Calibur, $20 is a great price.

WOW! This is so AWESOME! I remember all the times I wanted to use coupons on games that were on sale at Best Buy and the coupons said "No valid with any other coupon or offer and something about sale prices." In other words, you had to be lucky enough to see Best Buy do a permaneant price drop on a game to use a coupon on it. Now, you can use a coupon during a temporary price drop. This is SO SWEET!!! SCV is so MINE! And I'll probably get DA2 and SSX for the fun of it. Maybe MLB 11... Maybe.

Wow...usually the magazines you subscribe to come to you the month before the date printed. Its not that hard to publish a bunch of ads with a page of coupons dudes. :applause:

Yeah, can't wait for SCV. Already picked up the guide from GS for $10. I'm quite impressed by the guide, at least it's presentation.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I remember hearing the coupons aren't active til the 5th, so you still got Monday if it's true. Can anyone who has or has seen the coupons confirm?

This is where I got the info from:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9666367&postcount=525[/QUOTE]

New issue not going on-sale/arriving to subscribers until 6/5 due to some content that won't be announced until E3 (starts 6/5).

Anyone signing up for the first time should wait until 6/5 so the new issue (June) will be free for them when they sign up for Unlocked.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Who wants to bet that Dragon Age 3 is announced at E3, and that is the reason for the DA2 coupon?[/QUOTE]

I own DA ultimate. Is there a lot of DLC for DA2? Why isn't there a DA2 ultimate?

[quote name='Dark Rider']Who wants to bet that Dragon Age 3 is announced at E3, and that is the reason for the DA2 coupon?[/QUOTE]
I dont think one has anything to do with the other

[quote name='Romeo']I own DA ultimate. Is there a lot of DLC for DA2? Why isn't there a DA2 ultimate?[/QUOTE]

There isn't much dlc for DA2. It got beat up by fans pretty badly.

Signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked during my trade-in today (100% trade-in bonus). The store did not even have copies of the new Gamer magazine (June). Told me to just stop in and they will give me one on my next visit.

Like many, I am holding out hope for a $40 SSX sale.

[quote name='dc delta90']New issue not going on-sale/arriving to subscribers until 6/5 due to some content that won't be announced until E3 (starts 6/5).

Anyone signing up for the first time should wait until 6/5 so the new issue (June) will be free for them when they sign up for Unlocked.[/QUOTE]
thanks for the info. I was wondering what the heck was going on.

Even accused my fiancee and dog of conspiracy. :p

Alright, signed up for Unlocked today and the game department clerk picked up a June @Gamer copy in the back for me. Could not have been a nicer employee.

Laundered some GameStop credit today, thanks to the contributors on the weekly ad thread.
Thanksmart (DS) $4.99 - $5 doubled to $10 at BB
Price of Persia (PS3) $4.99 - $5 doubled to $10 at BB
Endwar (DS) $1.99 - $3 doubled to $6 at BB
Front Mission Evolved (PS3) $8.99 - $8 doubled to $16 at BB
Sega Superstars (DS) $1.99 - more than double at BB
Beastly Frantic Foto (DS) $3.99 - nearly doubles

[quote name='Romeo']I own DA ultimate. Is there a lot of DLC for DA2? Why isn't there a DA2 ultimate?[/QUOTE]

Da2 didn't sell well, they cancelled all future dlc plans, the dlc's already released are all you going to get

Wish I knew about the magazine not being out yet when I went to Bestbuy today, but it was not that far out of the way anyway.

Thus far there ain't shit that I've seen on Spike's coverage of E3 that I would give a rat's ass about, so hopefully BB is sending the copies of the magazine out SOON.

I went to my Best Buy today to check stock on DAII, and they already had the June issue out on the shelf. I didn't see anything spoilerish about E3 in it, so I don't think that is the hold up. Coupons didn't start until tomorrow.

Belgarath the Ancient One

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thus far there ain't shit that I've seen on Spike's coverage of E3 that I would give a rat's ass about, so hopefully BB is sending the copies of the magazine out SOON.[/QUOTE]

If it was dates for the post office, Ur is probably been sitting at your nearest plant until tomorrow. Would explain why some people already got theirs, as a few always slip through. Or else the shipments are staggered

You should have received an issue in-store instead of 'weighting'[quote name='Foxconn Worker']so i just applied for the gamers unlocked the employee said the magazine will be out on june 5th cant weight for the dragon age 2[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shadowkast']You should have received an issue in-store instead of 'weighting'[/QUOTE]

I bet if he had scene them he wood have grabbed won.

I saw the magazine out at the store today.

I also got my issue in the mail today.

Like mostly everyone else... I'm waiting on SSX sale price. Please make it happen BB.

Edit:
Might be dumb logic on my part, but looking at the trade in price of SSX makes me feel that a sale is on the way. We shall see. Until then, I'll rate this thread.

[quote name='gamingdroid']I signed up for Gamers Unlocked 2-weeks ago in-store, but didn't get a mag. How can I get the coupon for DA2?[/QUOTE]

Talk to the store where you signed up, most stores will let you use the coupons until you get your first magazine. Some stores will do this, others won't.

Definitely go with the suggestion by howyoudoin.

It definitely doesn't help if you ask nicely... especially since I'm assuming you will be doing quite a bit of game shopping there for now.

Edit: Ask rudely! No I'm kidding. BIG TYPO.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aircobra']So, you should ask rudely?[/QUOTE]
Yeah sure why not? :lol:

But in all seriousness, sorry for the typo guys. I suggest just being friendly and nice about it.

I'm on great terms with 3 stores, and those guys will more than help me look for titles and provide the price match when needed.

And for those that don't know... but if you purchased any of those BB steelbook Blu-ray movies last week, go in and get a PM. They are $5 cheaper this week. I bought 5 last week, and got back $25+tax. Good deal.

[quote name='howyoudoin']Talk to the store where you signed up, most stores will let you use the coupons until you get your first magazine. Some stores will do this, others won't.[/QUOTE]

yeah, that is ymmv on the stores letting u use it

Got my Magazine in the mail today, probably gonna grab a copy of Deadliest Warrior, will have to think about Resistance and SSX while waiting and seeing if they do go on sale or not.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Got my Magazine in the mail today, probably gonna grab a copy of Deadliest Warrior, will have to think about Resistance and SSX while waiting and seeing if they do go on sale or not.[/QUOTE]
I received the magazine today and went to BestBuy...Resistance 3 is $30 so $15.74 for that and DA2.

i still have not received my coupon, might pick up MLB 11 The Show used if i can still find it when i get my coupons

No magazine for me in the mail today as of yet. Oh well. Not like I need anymore games to play, but I just wanna burn up the last $3 something in credit I have n be done with BB till the next "OMG $5 game" or recent game for $10 after coupon dealie.

Ok so I decide to check at the @Gamer Magazine website to see when my subscription ended. The thing is it states it will expire on July 1, 2014 BUT my RZ account says my Unlocked status expires on September 23, 2012. I wonder if it will auto-renew on 9/23/12. I do not want a gap in my Unlocked for the $20 deals they are having but if I have a Mag subscription till 7/1/14 I SHOULD have unlocked till then right?

I wonder if the free upgrade they gave is going to existing mag subscribers will mess things up when Unlocked memberships start to expire.

bread's done
Back