June @Gamer $5 DA2, $10 R3, $5 Deadliest Warrior, $20 SCV, $30 SSX, $10 MLB11(used)

mgorsi

CAGiversary!
Thanks to loxthefox for posting these on May @Gamer Thread. (I think it deserved its own thread)

Cover - Call of Duty Black Ops 2

All Coupons are Valid from 06/05/12 THRU 07/14/12

$30 off SSX ($59.99 sale price, $29.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$20 off Soul Calibur V ($39.99 sale price, $19.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

$20 off Resistance 3 ($29.99 MSRP, $9.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Resista...?id=1218348182395&skuId=2674157&st=resistance 3&lp=2&cp=1

$15 off Dragon Age II ($19.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dragon+...52.p?id=1218279827966&skuId=1685052&st=dragon age 2&lp=2&cp=1

$20 off Deadliest Warrior ($24.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$40 off Triton AX headset - after coupon (AX 720 $90) (AX Pro $130) - tip- These might go on sale throughout June, so I'd wait for it, if not buy it on last week.

$20 off MLB 11 The Show (used) - ($10 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/MLB+11:...26411.p?id=1218347234963&skuId=2726411&st=MLB 11 the show&lp=1&cp=1

$10 off 1 used game $29.99 and up

Can be stacked on games on Sale!!

Thanks to Enuf for the following information from @gamer May issue -

MAGAZINE DETAILS

***You DO NOT have to be "UNLOCKED"($15 PAID MEMBERSHIP) to use the coupons & it's NOT tied to your RZ account just buy the mag and use the coupons***

Mag Prices - $5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months of coupons overlaps)
$15 also covers BB unlocked bonuses(10% off used + 10% extra trade-in)

SUBSCRIBING - (In-Store vs Online)
In-Store - You get the current months mag for FREE JUST HAVE THEM SCAN IT when you bring the subscription receipt($15) from the gaming pre-order kiosk. Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep MAY allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail. It's usually 6-8 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

Online - You pay the $15 subscription price just as you do in-store but you don't get the free instant copy(EVEN IF YOU GO IN-STORE AFTER DOING IT ONLINE) & it's usually 4-6 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

New Digital Mag/Coupon FAQ
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...al/ba-p/501887

Complete BB Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ'S + Details
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/?gamersClub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...11/td-p/320180

You will now start earning RZ points for trade-ins as well starting 3/1
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...ns/td-p/452753

BestBuy Trade-in Estimator
http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...c=799007770206

These coupon threads have a far more extensive OP's & should answer most general questions about Gamers club & the coupons overall
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320226
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=316177

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely hoping to get SSX :360: and DA2 :360: because I loved the first DA and thought the demo for 2 was fun. Even hearing the backlash (and really thinking it can't be that much worse than the entirety of the ME series) I think I'm definitely in for $5. Kind of interested to try SSX as well, despite the flaws. Seems like $10 is a good price. I've always been up and down on fighting games and the SC series, so I don't know if I'll pick that up, have to research a little more. Same with DW.

Is there any way to check if the store has the games, or would calling (I know it's unreliable anyway) be the only way?

Honestly, this is the best month of coupons I've personally used. I got screwed out of $15 Ico, I was moving and my mag hadn't shown up yet and the guy wouldn't let me have a coupon before I left. Outside of that, I can't recall actually using any others. I could be wrong.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Definitely hoping to get SSX :360: and DA2 :360: because I loved the first DA and thought the demo for 2 was fun. Even hearing the backlash (and really thinking it can't be that much worse than the entirety of the ME series) I think I'm definitely in for $5. Kind of interested to try SSX as well, despite the flaws. Seems like $10 is a good price. I've always been up and down on fighting games and the SC series, so I don't know if I'll pick that up, have to research a little more. Same with DW.

Is there any way to check if the store has the games, or would calling (I know it's unreliable anyway) be the only way?[/QUOTE]

Check online. Go to the page of the game you want to check and click the store availability/pick up option. Enter your zip code and it'll show you if the stores near you have it. I'm sure it's not 100% but it's gotta be close.

Saint'sRow911;9732583]Check online. Go to the page of the game you want to check and click the store availability/pick up option. Enter your zip code and it'll show you if the stores near you have it. I'm sure it's not 100% but it's gotta be close.[/QUOTE]Another thing to note is that if a store says "Not Available" said:
at most two[/U] copies.

Picked up the last copy of SSX for PS3 at my local store tonight- I've used almost every coupon from this month's mag. Best Buy has really stepped it up in the games department

[quote name='themidgardknight']Wow, I'm having the same exact issue. Ordered in April, never received a single issue. This sucks.[/QUOTE]

after not receiving a magazine in the mail for about 3 months, i finally contacted CS from @gamer and they extended my subscription by 5 months. so i was pretty happy about that.

edit: the reason i waited so long was that my local BB would just give me a copy every month. finally decided to do something and contact CS, maybe took two days or so to get back to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DCpinoy']after not receiving a magazine in the mail for about 3 months, i finally contacted CS from @gamer and they extended my subscription by 5 months. so i was pretty happy about that.[/QUOTE]

Well that's great news! I literally just emailed Best Buy and @gamer's customer service to get something done about it. Thanks for the info though!

I just checked my sub status and I'm on print. I'm glad I verified my account and got a mag in-store because I haven't even got my current issue in the mail yet.

Damn. I guess I'll have to drive an hour to Best Buy sometime this week. I used a free Redbox rental on SSX and loved it, so $15 is a price I'll bite at.
I really should sub to the magazine but with me getting ready to leave the country for a year, it seems like it would be a waste.

Hell, I'll probably trade in my Dragon Age 2 for $4 and grab a new copy for $5. I bought it from Blockbuster a while back and it didn't have a valid online pass or the extra content in it.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Ive never received a magazine. Ordered the first week of April.[/QUOTE]

Did you sign up on the site (atgamermagazine.com) or through a store? Did you sign up for the physical (print) or digital version of @Gamer? I'm assuming you signed up for RZ Gamers Club Unlocked. Yes?

Didn't get a magazine when I suscribed to Gamers Club unlocked a few weeks ago. Could I go in and show them my receipt and get one for free?

i thought best buy had some decent deals towards the beginning of the month, it seems they have kicked it in high gear towards the end.

these are some great deals! :applause:

just picked up :360: SSX for $10. Unfortunately I wont probably play it for a while since Dawnguard was just released today.

[quote name='KENFL0']Didn't get a magazine when I suscribed to Gamers Club unlocked a few weeks ago. Could I go in and show them my receipt and get one for free?[/QUOTE]
you should be able to, just go to the gaming area and expain the situation. Let them know when you signed up that you didnt recieve your first issue on the spot and that you found out you should have recieved your first issue in store. BE POLITE ;)

Some wannabe hero at the Kings Plaza Brooklyn location just refused to sell me SSX because I wasn't a reward zone member, despite having the coupon. OP needs to change his info.

[quote name='DJ Freebase']Some dumb animal at the Kings Plaza Brooklyn location refused to sell me SSX because I wasn't a reward zone member, despite having the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Wow that's dumb but you could of just signed up for the free reward zone card unless you meant the gamers club unlocked

[quote name='DJ Freebase']Some wannabe hero at the Kings Plaza Brooklyn location just refused to sell me SSX because I wasn't a reward zone member, despite having the coupon. OP needs to change his info.[/QUOTE]

Don't hate on the guy for doing his job properly. The coupon's only instruction to the customer is that you have to be a reward zone member.
Did he at least offer to sign you up?

Edit: OP's info is partially correct. You do not have to be an RZ Gamers Club Unlocked member and the coupons aren't tied specifically to your account, but you are supposed to be a Gamers Club (Free or Unlocked) member and your card should be scanned.

Its not the fact he "did his job properly" that bothers me, its the tone with which they do it. Hence me changing my wording about said employee... I was quite bothered by their lack of manners. Also, spending the money to park in that abomination of a shopping center only to be turned down, and for Sears to not have what I needed. Typical of KP.

Was able to pick up a copy of SSX and SCV at best buy today, cashier didnt even take my coupons. Might have 2 purchase another copy of each to flip

[quote name='KENFL0']Wow that's dumb but you could of just signed up for the free reward zone card unless you meant the gamers club unlocked[/QUOTE]

I did suggest that... he said I need to buy the magazine AND the PAID RZ membership to use the coupon.

[quote name='DJ Freebase']I did suggest that... he said I need to buy the magazine AND the PAID RZ membership to use the coupon.[/QUOTE]

The back of the coupon states right at the top that the customer "must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club member to redeem coupon". That doesn't imply you must be GCU. That would mean anyone who is a basic, free RZ member and bought the magazine for $5 off the stand wouldn't be allowed to use the coupons which is complete BS.

Get the manager next time or call up corporate/customer service and let them know how you were treated.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Yo my nyc brotha !!!!! East 86 and lexington has ssx for ps3[/QUOTE]

True. I was just there around 2:30. Plenty of copies. SSX ps3 are at the top behind some other game.

[quote name='Dund3r']The back of the coupon states right at the top that the customer "must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club member to redeem coupon". That doesn't imply you must be GCU. That would mean anyone who is a basic, free RZ member and bought the magazine for $5 off the stand wouldn't be allowed to use the coupons which is complete BS.

Get the manager next time or call up corporate/customer service and let them know how you were treated.[/QUOTE]
Just a reminder to folks that the (free) Reward Zone, the (free) Rewards Zone Gamers Club and the (paid) Rewards Zone Gamers Club Unlocked memberships are three different things. Some BB employees (even gaming reps) think the (free) Rewards Zone Gamers Club membership IS the (paid) Rewards Zone Gamers Club Unlocked. As Dund3r stated above the coupon states "must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club member to redeem coupon" which is free. To my knowledge, you must have a (free) Reward Zone account to sign up for the (free) Rewards Zone Gamers Club membership.

Bottom line, we all know the coupons will work without ANY memberships at all, but if the cashier enforces the T&Cs on the coupon you at least need to sign up for the (free) Reward Zone account and the (free) Rewards Zone Gamers Club membership.

[quote name='captaintek3304']going on 3.5ish months with no magazine. I contacted @gamer through their email, they told me to email best buy. I emailed best buy through the address @gamer gave me, and they told me to contact @gamer, giving me the email address i already tried. Is there a number i can call to get some answers?[/quote] 1-800-678-3643

[quote name='captaintek3304']ive never received a magazine. Ordered the first week of april.[/quote]^^^

Have a quick question: can I use in-store pickup right now to make sure that they hold the games and then just sign up for RZ/GCU when I get there and use the coupons when I pick them up? Anyone else ever done this?

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Have a quick question: can I use in-store pickup right now to make sure that they hold the games and then just sign up for RZ/GCU when I get there and use the coupons when I pick them up? Anyone else ever done this?[/QUOTE] sorry won't work that way. You can return and rebuy but you'll have to wait a few hours after pickup

Mass Effect 1 is $8 on the website. The store locator says that a Best Buy I went to has it, but it apparantly doesn't. This ain't right...

[quote name='shadowkast']sorry won't work that way. You can return and rebuy but you'll have to wait a few hours after pickup[/QUOTE]

Darn, okay, I'll just have to take my chances then.

$8 is the outlet center price and they aren't obligated to match it in store via bb store policy. wonder how much it is in store though.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Mass Effect 1 is $8 on the website. The store locator says that a Best Buy I went to has it, but it apparantly doesn't. This ain't right...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Have a quick question: can I use in-store pickup right now to make sure that they hold the games and then just sign up for RZ/GCU when I get there and use the coupons when I pick them up? Anyone else ever done this?[/QUOTE]

Must be ymmv, I did this a few months back with Batman AC when it was $10 after coupon.

[quote name='The Dude 419']Must be ymmv, I did this a few months back with Batman AC when it was $10 after coupon.[/QUOTE]
If they know what they're doing they'll just do a return/rebuy at the new price.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but the SCV coupon works on the CE. My store was out of the standard edition so the associate said he'd let me use the coupon on the CE even though we didn't think it would work without an override.

Turns out it deducted $20 no problem so the cost was $39.99 ($59.99-$20 = $39.99). I told him I wasn't really interested in paying $40 for the CE when standard was $9.99 so he said he would ask the manager if they could take $10 more off which was approved. That is extrememly YMMV but the $39.99 price is not.

I don't know how many times I have to say this, but if you order online to reserve a copy in-store just don't finish the transaction!

Just cancel it and re-ring it at the CS desk so you don't have to wait the 1-2 hour restriction.

If they ask you, just say that you want to change your form of payment/or that you want to apply coupons.

I hope I make it to Best Buy before the weekend. They are calling for 108 degree temps here and I don't want to even leave the house then, let alone drive an hour to Best Buy.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I hope I make it to Best Buy before the weekend. They are calling for 108 degree temps here and I don't want to even leave the house then, let alone drive an hour to Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

I trade you your temperatures for our fire

anybody have any idea when we might find out what the july @gamer coupons will be? and when does the magazine usually show up in stores?

[quote name='tham1988']anybody have any idea when we might find out what the july @gamer coupons will be? and when does the magazine usually show up in stores?[/QUOTE]

This issue doesn't expire until July 14th, so the next issue should be out in-stores on July 15th. We usually get an idea of the contents/coupons about a week or so before the next issue comes out...

[quote name='tham1988']anybody have any idea when we might find out what the july @gamer coupons will be? and when does the magazine usually show up in stores?[/QUOTE]

Not sure. But apparently Julys issue has been mailed out already. According to the site mine has been shipped.

bread's done
Back