Just a heads up! Game Crazy classic plastic coming soon 3 FOR $10

xrickyb86x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I totally forgot to post this last week. Anyway, we got signage for the classic plastic sale but the new signage is "3 for $10" not $15 anymore. NO START DATE YET so bare with me until I (or someone else) gets the final info.

3 for $10 on all gb, gbc, nes, snes, n64, saturn, psone, and dreamcast games.

[quote name='anderton']Don't do this. Game Crazy ordering is literally run by one guy and it could take weeks or months before you ever see your games, if you ever see them at all.[/quote]
"literally run by one guy"? Do you even know what the hell you're talking about?

The special ordering is like this: You pay $6 S&H. At the end of the day, when the computers send info to corporate (and corporate sends down price drops, news, etc), the request goes to the special order division of GameCrazy. It's NOT run by one person as I get calls from Special Orders all the time. I've talked with at least fifteen different people. They'll go through the database, call the store that has it, and the store manager ships it out to the other store.

However, the rarer games (such as Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on DC.. or anything, for that matter) are on a "can not find" list. The store should have it below the computer. Basically, all of the rarer games cannot be special ordered. The computer will allow it, the employee will guarentee it, but you'll be put on an indefinite wait. But for games out now that aren't extremely rare, you can. Hell, someone came through not too long ago and special ordered Air Force Delta Storm. Came the next week. It's usually a minimum of two weeks before anything arrives at the store.

DOA2 and Soul Calibur could definately be special ordered, but if you SO MvsC2, you'll never see it because it won't be in any store.

Thanks for the kind correction, Scorch. I've been told by employees that it was, in fact, run by one person, and I had heard the same on this board. So I was wrong. So they were wrong. So what are you going to do?

I've special ordered once and it turned out fine, but it wasn't a particularly rare game and I found a copy in better condition not too long later (DDS1, took a week).

Sorry for jumping and sorta berating. I'm just angry that people get all these fucked up thoughts/stories told to them that make them hate GC. There's a lot of crooked stores out there, apparently. When the SO people call, they make sure that it's either a sealed copy if it's new or a complete copy if it's used. If they say that it's just disc only, they won't take it unless they can't find it at any other store.

If you SO'ed from GC and everything arrived fine, why are you bashing it?

I'm not bashing it, I'm telling you that's what I've heard about SO'ing from multiple sources. I much prefer Game Crazy over GS/EB.

I'll note that my DDS1 didn't come with instructions, though.

hmm interesting that you say classic plastic is still going..........i have one sort of near that i've never been to.

[quote name='Scorch']"literally run by one guy"? Do you even know what the hell you're talking about?

The special ordering is like this: You pay $6 S&H. At the end of the day, when the computers send info to corporate (and corporate sends down price drops, news, etc), the request goes to the special order division of GameCrazy. It's NOT run by one person as I get calls from Special Orders all the time. I've talked with at least fifteen different people. They'll go through the database, call the store that has it, and the store manager ships it out to the other store.

However, the rarer games (such as Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on DC.. or anything, for that matter) are on a "can not find" list. The store should have it below the computer. Basically, all of the rarer games cannot be special ordered. The computer will allow it, the employee will guarentee it, but you'll be put on an indefinite wait. But for games out now that aren't extremely rare, you can. Hell, someone came through not too long ago and special ordered Air Force Delta Storm. Came the next week. It's usually a minimum of two weeks before anything arrives at the store.

DOA2 and Soul Calibur could definately be special ordered, but if you SO MvsC2, you'll never see it because it won't be in any store.[/quote] Thanks for all the info Scorch. I went and ordered MvC, DoA 2, and SC. It's good to hear they try to get you a complete copy too, I forgot to ask about that while I was there. Is there any way to find what's on the "can not find" list online? I don't want to call every time I'm curious.

I really like Game Crazy, They may not always have the best selection, and you may be able to get used games cheaper in some cases, but its the only place to get used classics, and they always have the best trade in value. (on average, 20% higher then EB or GS)

I like GC also. But I do have one problem with them. Why can't you order online? They don't have anywhere near the stores that GS/EB have. Online ordering would help them raise their sales without having more locations and also provide competition for GS/EB.

[quote name='Whambamm']I'm pretty sure the 3 for $10 promotion ended on 1/31. At least it did at my local stores.[/QUOTE]

3 for 10 still going on at the one by my house...at least as of yesterday.

Classic Plastic is still working in NW Indiana/Chicago Southside as of today, plus my Special Order PS2 Futurama came in today, and it was BRAND NEW! I'm a happy camper.

It's still running here. They still have the 3 for $10 signs at the registers. Didn't find anything I wanted at the two GameCrazys I visited this weekend, though.

At this point, it's been such a success at clearing out inventory, I doubt it'll end. If it does, it'll start a month later.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']Thanks for all the info Scorch. I went and ordered MvC, DoA 2, and SC. It's good to hear they try to get you a complete copy too, I forgot to ask about that while I was there. Is there any way to find what's on the "can not find" list online? I don't want to call every time I'm curious.[/quote]

MvC is on the can not find list. The list isn't online. Ask the store to check their special order or communications binder, it's in there. They add things occasionally.

Who knows, you may luck out and they may find a MvC. Never know 'til you try. I've seen and heard of much weirder things happening.

Wow, my stores stopped the classic plastic sale last week. All 3 stores by me stopped last week....so maybe its now ymmv or maybe I'm just the only unlucky one.

[quote name='Prepster']Wow, my stores stopped the classic plastic sale last week. All 3 stores by me stopped last week....so maybe its now ymmv or maybe I'm just the only unlucky one.[/quote]

Im unlucky too. :cry:

I'm suprised...not really...that this is still going on. If anything I've found way too much. Though I'm still sad for finding a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 for Dreamcast. Sad due to the fact that the game doesn't work. I don't know why specifically...it looks clean on the underside yet my DC won't read it. Oh well...anyhow, hope all have had good finds during classic plastic because I know I did.

[quote name='Scorch']At this point, it's been such a success at clearing out inventory, I doubt it'll end. If it does, it'll start a month later.

MvC is on the can not find list. The list isn't online. Ask the store to check their special order or communications binder, it's in there. They add things occasionally.

Who knows, you may luck out and they may find a MvC. Never know 'til you try. I've seen and heard of much weirder things happening.[/quote] I asked the employee about MvC and he's like "well it doesn't say I can't order it". How long do I have to wait for it until they can give up and give me my refund?

at the gamecrazy i work at,the sale is still on.it was supposed to end on the 31st of last month,but the bar code for it is still working,so we kept the sign up,and are still selling 3 for $10.its just too bad are store has been already picked over by myself and others.

My stores have been pretty picked over, so it was only a chance that I was going in there today. I was actually going in to compare prices on some xbox games that I was thinking about picking up at the eb/ gs B2G1 xbox game deal. I checked over by the psx/ n64 and found a few gems. Dragon Warrior VII (marked $12.99), Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete (marked $12.99), and Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete (marked $24.99). I wasn't sure if I should pick up eternal blue or not since I have a loose copy, but I did. I like having a complete copy. Getting these three games for $10 was nice. The guy there didn't even know they were down in the case.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']I asked the employee about MvC and he's like "well it doesn't say I can't order it". How long do I have to wait for it until they can give up and give me my refund?[/quote]
Nothing pops up that says you can't order it. You can take orders on that, Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden 2 all the live-long-fucking-day and nothing will pop up. It's a seperate binder, the paperwork on the 'can not find' list usually comes in once every other week on a Saturday or sometime.

Regarding "giving up" - they won't. It'll keep searching and searching and searching. You can go in and request a refund at any point.

My local store's been pretty picked over, but the other night, some guy traded in a ton of PS1 games.. like RE, RE2, RE3, etc.. and a TON of Nintendo games including the old Turtles games.. so my advice to you guys is if there's something you want, go in to the store and add it to your wishlist.

So there's still, occasionally, a good deal to be had.

[quote name='Scorch']Nothing pops up that says you can't order it. You can take orders on that, Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden 2 all the live-long-fucking-day and nothing will pop up. It's a seperate binder, the paperwork on the 'can not find' list usually comes in once every other week on a Saturday or sometime.

Regarding "giving up" - they won't. It'll keep searching and searching and searching. You can go in and request a refund at any point.

My local store's been pretty picked over, but the other night, some guy traded in a ton of PS1 games.. like RE, RE2, RE3, etc.. and a TON of Nintendo games including the old Turtles games.. so my advice to you guys is if there's something you want, go in to the store and add it to your wishlist.

So there's still, occasionally, a good deal to be had.[/quote] The guy was looking at the binder when he said it. He said he couldn't order MvC 2 but it didn't mention not being able to order MvC.

[quote name='RandyTsai']gamecrazy has a bunch of markdowns today. there was around 10 pages.[/QUOTE]
actually there were exactly 20 pages. Nothing too special....

Low and behold as this sale still continues. I'm suprised I'm still finding anything worth mentioning. Well I got 9 games and what I got was:

Super Mario All Stars (Cart Only)
WU-Tang Shaolin Style (Disc Only)
Digimon Digital Card Battle (Disc Only)
Elemental Gimmick Gear (Disc Only)
Suikoden (Cracked Jewel Case, No Manual)
Dino Crisis (Complete missing Demo though)
Dragon Warrior (NES Cart Only)
Zelda II (NES Cart Only)
Castlevania II (NES Cart Only)

Anyone also happen to know if Suikoden is only one disc?!

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Low and behold as this sale still continues. I'm suprised I'm still finding anything worth mentioning. Well I got 9 games and what I got was:

Super Mario All Stars (Cart Only)
WU-Tang Shaolin Style (Disc Only)
Digimon Digital Card Battle (Disc Only)
Elemental Gimmick Gear (Disc Only)
Suikoden (Cracked Jewel Case, No Manual)
Dino Crisis (Complete missing Demo though)
Dragon Warrior (NES Cart Only)
Zelda II (NES Cart Only)
Castlevania II (NES Cart Only)

Anyone also happen to know if Suikoden is only one disc?![/quote]

Yes, one disc only. Good pick ups. My GC has been pretty much cleaned out, but I've been getting lucky in other cases. Picked up 2 copies of Shadow Hearts within one week for 7 each.

I had some decent pick ups today as part of this promotion:

All complete for $20 total:

Shadow Madness (PS1)
No One Can Stop Mr. Domino (PS1)
Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat (PS1)
Landstalker (GEN)
Spot Goes to Hollywood (Saturn)
Tomb Raider (Saturn)

I'm a little pissed at myself for passing up a copy of Lunar: SSC (PS1) because it only had 3 discs rather than 4. Now that I think about it, I'm guessing the 4th disc is probably a soundtrack or demo disc.

bread's done
Back