Just a heads up! Game Crazy classic plastic coming soon 3 FOR $10

xrickyb86x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I totally forgot to post this last week. Anyway, we got signage for the classic plastic sale but the new signage is "3 for $10" not $15 anymore. NO START DATE YET so bare with me until I (or someone else) gets the final info.

3 for $10 on all gb, gbc, nes, snes, n64, saturn, psone, and dreamcast games.

[quote name='MightySlacker']Now the only problem for me is making an attack plan - got a lot of possible stores to hit, and a lot of other CAGers in the area.

Got a question though - is the b2g1 free on everything 4.99 and under only apply to ps2/xbx/gcn stuff, or is it for classic stuff too? Ive gotten conflicting answers.

Dave[/quote]

From what i've seen the B2G1 is only on PS2/xbx/gcn stuff

It's a shame... the first couple times this ran, it was great... I was able to pick up bunches of interesting and fun (not really valuable, but who cares) stuff... then everything just dried up. There's three GameCrazy loctions near me, yet all three of them offer anemic at best selections. (Either that, or I've just too many games for my own good).

[quote name='cag1000']Is getting a list of these 150 Xbox game price drops possible for anyone working there?[/quote]

I saw it, all the drops were shitty. The only decent ones to 4.99 were Midnight Club 2, Serious Sam 2 and Phantom Dust.

The 4.99 B2G1 is free for ALL SYSTEMS. Originally it was GC/XB/PS2, but they changed it a week or two ago. If the guy says he can't do it, ask him to try to do it any way, it should let him.

Awesome - I can get a good lot of NES games then that way, as well as older GB stuff.

I have 7 stores on the hit list tomorrow, gonna be a long day

Dave

My store has been getting a few gems over the past few weeks this should be fun. If you're in the Greater Cincinnati Area stop by the Forest Park store, Google the address: 11550 winton Road Cincinnati OH 45240.

Grandia 2 ( w/case)
Shaq Fu

Just to name a few.

[quote name='warmlonelyplanet']The Game Crazy near the Hollywood Fred Meyer is completely cleaned out. There was nothing of value when I stopped by yesterday.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip. Guess I don't need to see that one. I went there 2 sales ago (Classic sale like in July or August I think) and they had FF7 in case, but the discs were scratched. Looking back, maybe I should have picked it up anyways for $5.

I just got back picked up:

Shenmu
Record of Lodoss War (guy said that was a $20 game before the sale)
Sonic Adventure
Jet Grind Radio
Pilotwings (snes)
Mega Man 3 (NES)

I went to this store since they had decent amount of dreamcast stuff, which is what I was aiming for. The nes, snes, genesis, and psone have been picked clean of good stuff. Mega Man unfortunately wasn't in the greatest condition, with some cracks in the case. As I was checking out, the guy said he couldn't believe that I didn't have their mvp card. I passed on the offer, even when he pulled out a black label FF7. I can't stand buying those things and I've noticed that I hardly use them since I usually wait for new copies to drop in price.

[quote name='brianmoy']Thanks for the tip. Guess I don't need to see that one. I went there 2 sales ago (Classic sale like in July or August I think) and they had FF7 in case, but the discs were scratched. Looking back, maybe I should have picked it up anyways for $5.[/quote]

I hit up that store back then, too. I just managed to get a lot of good GB and GBC games. I also got RPG Maker for PS1 complete and in very good cond, which I thought was worth it.

For this sale, the only good one I saw is the one on NE 102nd near Fred Meyer's. They had a disc only copy of Legend of Mana, along with some other RPGs. I'm a stickler on conditions for PS1 and SNES games and it was pretty scratched up, so I didn't get it. Both of the stores on 82nd were cleaned out.

Just got back with:

Banjo-Tooie
Kirby 64
Final Fantasy VIII (NON-GH)
Pokemon Gold
Kirby's Dream Land
Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

All for $20 + tax, Thanks OP

P.S. My Gamecrazy only got 3 for $15 signs, and was under the impression that 3 for $15 was the deal, but my stuff rang up at 3 for $10. Hope that helps.

The Phoenix area sucks. None of the stores are doing it today, I checked with about 4 stores and called another 6. And had stores call other stores. They said they have the signs but they were not told to get started on the sale yet.

The employees at my local store didn't even know the deal started today. Then they said all they had was some N64 carts, possibly not even realizing what is and isn't CP. One of the morons working there even thought it would be funny to comment that they buy all the good shit anyways. Well, gee, thanks for the tip, I won't waste my time stopping by again. :applause:

kspiff

come in to my store we got plenty plus we will print you out a list of every Classic plasitc game we have in stock. If you haven't noticed my stores are trying to get rid of the section so thats why it from 3 for 15 to 3 for 10. We will help you as much as possible to get these old games off our hands. I can't say that we have some of the rarest games at my store but we have about 1500 PS1 games and about 500 nintendo games (NES, SNES, N64)

Game Crazy 135794 Forest Park
11550 Winton Road
Cincinnati OH, 45240

google it : http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...cinnati+oh+45240&ie=UTF8&z=15&om=1&iwloc=addr

Plus if you stop by say HI to our camper we just got our first one today for the PS3

[quote name='M1C13']come in to my store we got plenty plus we will print you out a list of every Classic plasitc game we have in stock. If you haven't noticed my stores are trying to get rid of the section so thats why it from 3 for 15 to 3 for 10. We will help you as much as possible to get these old games off our hands. I can't say that we have some of the rarest games at my store but we have about 1500 PS1 games and about 500 nintendo games (NES, SNES, N64)

Game Crazy 135794 Forest Park
11550 Winton Road
Cincinnati OH, 45240

google it : http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...cinnati+oh+45240&ie=UTF8&z=15&om=1&iwloc=addr

Plus if you stop by say HI to our camper we just got our first one today for the PS3[/QUOTE]

I'm in Columbus - do you transfer to other stores?

[quote name='eshbums']I'm in Columbus - do you transfer to other stores?[/QUOTE]
yeah we you would have to talk to the store manager and they sould be able to get you what you want. We do more transfers during the Classic plastic time more than any other.

Heh, a little too far to drive for classic plastic. Maybe I'll try GC again in a few days once they are briefed on the sale. I'll probably skip it, though, they never have anything complete anyways and I don't really collect bare carts and discs.

Wha? Your first PS3 camper? I've got to paste that comment in at another message board I frequent. Somebody there insisted that every place was disallowing campers before the night before. Myself, I think if they try to restrict people that way, there will be violence. :bomb:

kspiff

Im much too tired to list everything after the 14 hour day I put in, but I'll post some totals and times and some random thoughts:

Austintown, OH - 11:01 AM - $30.55
Mentor, OH - 2:44 PM - $130.87
Willoughby, OH - 3:38 PM - $76.43
Cleveland, OH (clifton blvd) - 5:41 PM- $97.45
Cleveland, OH (lorain ave) - 6:19 PM - $10.74
Cleveland, OH (kinsman rd) - $0.00. This is because I WAS LOST IN THE GHETTO IN THE fuckING DARK. GODDAMN MAPQUEST.
Maple Heights, OH - 8:05 PM - $36.48

Random Thoughts:

1 - Before any of you bitches start mouthing, a majority of this wasn't even classic plastic, it was $4 and $8 GBA games that were still sitting there from the drop. I was shocked to find what I did

2 - I wasn't to impressed with the quality this go around - lots of disc only stuff and scruffy looking carts

3 - Austintown almost fucked my day up royally. Last week when all employees were doing inventory, we had a BIG DISCUSSION about the sale starting today. "Ben" then showed me his Legend of Mana in his hold box. He then PRINTED ME AN INVENTORY LIST. LATER THAT NIGHT, I CALLED WTH SOME HOLDS and he said everything would be taken care of. I called last night because I had a guide for him and asked if everything WAS PULLED FOR TOMORROW, he said YES. Fast forward to this morning - NOTHING IS PULLED. Ben says "Not like anyone was going to buy any of them" I say "Why the fuck would I give you a list a week in advance if it wasnt going to get used". 30 minutes later, he is about to give me a total of $140.xx but he answers the phone, and is giving the "this dudes crazy" signs. He gets off and says "Some crazy dude thinks classic plastic starts today". I spend a few minutes trying to figure out the joke, and ask him whats up. HE HAS NO IDEA OF THE SALE DESPITE SHOWING ME HIS HOLDS, AND TALKING TO ME ABOUT IT THE NIGHT BEFORE. I'm about to go ballistic as I say "Why the fuck would I be buying all this stuff if the sale hadnt started". He calss DM Rich, who says "I HAVENT HEARD ABOUT IT, CHECK SOME HOTMAILS, CONFERENCE CALL GOTTA GO." After him printing out a months worth of hotmails he finds it. This wasted an hour of my time and frosts my balls for the rest of the day.

4 - Every Gamecrazy today got free copies of Magical Starsign and Children of Mana is a plasric baggie, sans case. i was 0 for 6 in convincing employees to gimme one. If the not for resale thingy is on the label and not a sticker, these are potential collectors items.

5 - Botticus, you done fucked up. The first thing I saw when I went to Mentor was a brand spankin new Mega Man Zero 2, even correctly marked at 7.99. I told you they had some and you said they didnt anymore. Never trust anyone on the other end of a phone line.

6 - Every store I went to had at least one copy of Mario Power Tennis for GCN, I think 26.99. Decent price for the game.

7 - Maple Heights, and I imagine Lorain and Kinsman were wiped out. THis is due to someone who I will only refer to as Daniel. If Daniel wants to post, he is more than welcome. I saw your receipts at Maple, and it was pretty impressive. I'd get the guys there to refer to you as a CAGer instead of an Ebayer, there's less negative context.

8 - As Im sorting through all sorts of crap, I don't think my best deals came from Gamecrazy stores - rather a chain called "The Exchange". I love the plcase because they carry used guides for decent prices and have some decent old stuff. At the Mentor store, I got 30+ NES games in great shape for $1 a piece. Nothing earth shattering, but some good games like Bump N Jump and Crash N the Boys. Also got a nice Vandal hearts for $10. At the Solon branch I was pissed about missing Kinsman and my lackluster scores my last few stops. Got a mint Marvel Super Heroes (PS1) for $5, and thought I hit gold with a mint SFIII: Double Impact for $5 (got it confused with 3rd strike). Still nice way to end the night.

9 - Clifton Ave has one cute girl, and one girl that just thinks she's cute because she's "alternative". If I wasn't in a rush I'd have told her the difference.

10 - If you want to lose a few brain cells, listen in on a conference call. fucking retards.

The two games that came in from Nintendo were for the manager and since they never get Free stuff from anybody I don't think they were going to give up those to easy.

I don't see why employees don't know about sales and especially DMs I mean you get 10 different pieces of paperwork and then a week before you get 50 different signs and handouts. At my store we were ready for the CAGers and "collectors", I mean we don't have Secret of Mana but at least we know about our store.

[quote name='M1C13']The two games that came in from Nintendo were for the manager and since they never get Free stuff from anybody I don't think they were going to give up those to easy.

I don't see why employees don't know about sales and especially DMs I mean you get 10 different pieces of paperwork and then a week before you get 50 different signs and handouts. At my store we were ready for the CAGers and "collectors", I mean we don't have Secret of Mana but at least we know about our store.[/QUOTE]

The guy ringing me up was really nice, but he didn't have anything indicating it was a 3 for $10 sale. Looking back...I might have figured it out, but let me know if this sounds right...

I was trading in a bunch of games before I started looking around, and so he already had my account pulled up when he started ringing me up, and PS1 games were just giving my regular discount, and plastic games were $5 each. Last time I ran into this problem, they rang it up without my customer information and it worked fine. Could it be that the MVP discount was overriding the 3 for $10 sale?

[quote name='crazyj']are GBA games part of this deal?[/quote]

Not in the one on Valley Blvd. El Monte or was it south El Monte. I dont know. But not there.

Grabbed Soul Calibur, DOA2, and Daytona USA for 10 bucks, all marked 12.99 each. Not too bad Gamecrazy...

Picked up Quest 64, Quake 1 and Quake 2 for $10 at GC today.

Also, my GC said that they are running a B1G1 free on all new Xbox, PS2 and GC games $18.99 or less from 11/24-11/26. The GC employee even showed me their hotmail print out to confirm.

Sux that it's during black friday weekend.

I went to one Game Crazy today and spent $134.14 after tax. I think I made out pretty good:

PSX
Parappa the Rappa (complete, been looking for this forever, nice to get it for $3.33 instead of the insane Ebay prices. I was shocked when he pulled this out and it wasn't disc-only.)
Medievil (disc-only)
Medievil 2 (disc-only)
Point Blank 3 (disc-only)

N64
Castlevania
Space Invaders

SNES
Contra III (Employee was mad I got this since he didn't see it or would have bought it. Lord knows all the good classic plastic he kept for himself, but before the sale started I know they had a bunch of good N64 games including Mario RPG, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Smash Bros.)
Donkey Kong Country 2
Super Metroid
Legend of Zelda

NES
Addams Family
Mega Man 3
Blue Marlin
Maniac Mansion

Gameboy/GBC
Kirby's Dream Land
Contra: Alien Wars
Castlevania Adventure
Zelda Oracle of Seasons
Zelda DX
Daedalian Opus
Dragon's Lair
Dragon Warrior Monsters
Crazy Castle 3
Legend of the River King
Legend of the River King 2
Ren & Stimpy
Operation C
Spider-Man
Monopoly
Mario's Picross
Power Quest
Mega Man 2
Tamagotchi
Quest
Jeopardy
Micky Mouse Magic Wand
Monster Rancher Explorer
Monster Rancher Battles
Mickey's Racing Adventure

Most of these will be up for trade now or after I play them, except for the PSX games and a couple of the GB games which are going in my permanent collection.

Wow, nice haul there. Went to 3 stores, didn't do too well...I was looking only for Dreamcast games, and they was slim pickins'... Other than some ancient sports games and the 18 copies of Space Channel 5 (every store had at least 5 copies), they had very little. I grabbed:

Legacy Of Kain:Soul Reaver
Carrier
Nightmare Creatures II

LOK:Soul Reaver was kinda my "big score", I guess... :)

aggggggggh, the GC in Henrico, VA had jack shit. There were NES, SNES, Genny, and N64 games thrown into a bin at the front of the store. Judging by what was at the top there was no use looking like a douche and digging any further. No disc-based games were displayed at all.

Oh well, they've been good to me in the past.

Went back to GC today and was somewhat disappointed. No real CP at my store to speak of. I may go back for the BF B1G1 but the pickings for that will be slim.

No PS3 campers over there yet. :roll:

kspiff

11 Stores Hit, total spent approx $1100(other items too)

SNES:

Zelda: Link to the Past (x3)
Super Mario World (x5)
Wario's Woods (x2)
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario Kart
Donkey Kong Country
DK COuntry 3
Kirby's Avalanche
Aero The Acrobat 2
Castlevania IV
Bonkers
Itchy & Scratchy Game
Yoshi's Safari
SUper Ghouls & Ghosts
Wanderer's From Y;s III
Illusion of Gaia
StarFox

Gameboy Color:

Pokemon Gold (x8)
Pokemon Crystal (x4)
Zelda DX (x3)
Zelda Oracle Seasons (x4)
Zelda Oracle Ages (x4)
Mario Golf (x3)
Donkey Kong Land III (x2)
Dragon Warrior III (x2)
Wario Land 3 (x2)
Harvest Moon GBC (x2)
Dragon Warrior I & II
Super Mario Land 2
Tetris DX
4 in 1 Pack Volume II
Wizards & Warriors X
Paperboy
Pokemon Blue
Pokemon Red
Worms Armageddon

NES

Bubble Bobble (x2)
Adventures of Lolo
Battletoads
Kirby's Adventure
Final Fantasy

N64 (HOLY SHIT!)

Super Smash Bros (x7)
Zelda Ocarina of Time (x7)
NamcoMuseum (x6)
Banjo Kazooie (x6)
Star Fox 64 (x6)
Goldeneye (x5)
Mario Tennis (x4)
Diddy Kong Racing (x4)
Mario 64 (x3)
Mario Kart 64 (x3)
Kirby 64 (x3)
The Next Tetris (x2)
Mickey's Speedway (x2)
Chameleon Twist (x2)
Paper Mario (x2)
Pokemon Puzzle Lg (x2)
Zelda Majoras Mask (x2)
Banjo Tooie (x2)
Mario Party (x2)
Mortal Kombat 4 (x2)
MOrtal Kombat Triology (x2)
Superman 64 (x2)
Cruisin' Exotica (x2)
Dr Mario 64
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rocket Robot on Wheels
Pilotwings 64
Mario Party 3
HErcules
NFL Blitz 2001
Wheel of Fortune
Blues Brothers 2000
Wetrix
Doom 64
Polaris SnoCross
Donald Duck
Earthworm Jim 3D
Quest 64
Spiderman
Rampage 2
Tetrisphere
Paperboy
Bomberman 2nd Attack
Tonic Trouble
Rush 2049
Scooby Doo
Mario Golf
Snowboard Kids 2
Rayman 2
Vigilante 8 2nd Offense
Resident Evil 2
Aidyn Chronicles
Mischief Makers

PS1

Final Fantasy VII Complete GH
Final Fantasy VIII Complete GH
Final Fantasy IX COmplete GH
FF VIII (Discs Only)
Hoshigami (DO)
FF Anthology (DO)
Herc's ADventures (DO)
G Darius (DO)
Front Mission 3 (DO)
FF Chronicles (DO)
FF Origins (do)
Einhander (DO)
Diablo (DO)
Devil Dice (DO)
Saga Frontier 2 (DO)
Chocobo Racing (DO)
Alundra 2 (Comp)
Aces of the Air
Time Crisis (DO)
Vampire Hunter D
FF Tactics (do)
Medievil
Pitfall 3D
Monsters Inc
Area 51
Vagrant Story
Beyond the Beyond
Saga Frontier (do)
Metal Gear Solid (x3)
Parasite Eve (x4)
Goofy's Fun House
Jade Cocoon
Oddworld I
Allied General
Spider Man II
Shipwrecked
Strikers 1945
Time Crisis
Power Rangers Time Force
Doom Longbox
Mega Man Legends 2
Medievil II
102 Dalmatians
Crash Bandicoot Collection
Inuyasha
Worms Armageddon
Spot Goes to Hollywood
Batman Beyond
Capcom SNK Pro
Hot Wheels Turbo Racing
Tomba (no manual)
Point Blank
RE 2
RE 3
Legend of Dragoon
Clock Tower II (DO)
Dragon Valor
Galerians
Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden (NEW)

Dreamcast

TimeStalkers
Toy Commander
Dead of Alive 2
Alone in the Dark II
Frogger II
Spec Ops II

Sega Genesis

Ghengis Khan II

Austintown - $30.55

Final Fantasy Tactics (disc)
Alundra (discs)
Power Stone (disc)
Power Stone (complete)
Power Stone 2 (disc)
Warsong
Kirby 64
Yoshi Story
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros x 2
Felix the Cat

Mentor - $130.87

Sonic Adventure (disc) (only $1.59)
Growlanser Generations (complete)
Whiteout (complete $6.39 - traded in for $22 at SYG)
Ultimate Muscle GCN (new)
Fatal Frame II ps2 (new)
Dual Hearts (new)
.hack Quarantine (new)
Game and Watch 4 (new)
Mega Man Battle Network 1 (new)
Mega Man Zero 2 (new)
Digimon BattleSpirit 2 (new) x 2
Pokemon Gold
Zelda Oracle Seasons
Zelda Oracle Ages
Zelda DX
Record of Lodoss War (rental disc only)
Mario Kart 64
Paper Mario
Bomberman 64
Quest 64
Pokemon E-Reader cards x 4

Willioughby - $76.43
Lady Sia (new)
007: EoN GBA (new)
Backyard Hockey (new)
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party
Super Smash Bros
Pokemon Gold
Pokemon Silver
Pokemon Crystal
Castlevania Legends (never even heard of this game before I saw it)
Metroid II
Zelda DX
Fatal Frame II PS2 (new)
Need for Speed MW Black (traded in for $22 at SYG)

Clifton Blvd - $97.45
Sonic Battle GBA (cart only)
Karaoke Revolution 1 PS2 (complete)
Gundam Battle Assault 3 (traded for $30 to SYG)
Tetris Worlds (new)
Mega Man Battle Network (new)
Justice League Chronicles (new)
D&D Eye of the Beholder (new)
Digimon BattleSpirit 2 (new)
Banjo: Grunty's Revenge (new)
ATV Quad Power Racing (new)
Lady Sia (new)
Brother Bear (new)
Metal Slug Advance (new)
Backyard Hockey (new)
Soldier of Fortune DC (disc)
Revelations: Demon Slayer
Golden Eye 64

Lorain Ave - $10.74
Mario 64 x 2
Resident Evil 2 n64

Maple Heights - $36.48
Bomberman Hero
Goldeneye 64
Kirby's Adventure
Stella Deus (new)
Mario Advance 4 E-Rerader cards x 4

I'm broke. I have a ton of destickering, goo goneing, nail polish removering, etc.

I just noticed that the mentor guy did the 20% off 18.99 on even GBA stuff. That hotmail didnt specify, but the signage says ps2/gcn/xbx.

I have to sell some of this shit before B1G1 - that was the damn sale I was waiting for in the first place.

Dave

[quote name='briansraregames']11 Stores Hit, total spent approx $1100(other items too)
[/quote]

Do you go to the Indianapolis stores? Cause if so, I think I know where all the good games go whenever I don't get there first thing in the morning when they have a sale. Only store I went to this time was the one in Plainfield, since the one on 38th St. by the empty TRU building went out of business.

[quote name='Rictor']Do you go to the Indianapolis stores? Cause if so, I think I know where all the good games go whenever I don't get there first thing in the morning when they have a sale. Only store I went to this time was the one in Plainfield, since the one on 38th St. by the empty TRU building went out of business.[/quote]

Not guilty on this charge, the northern end of the state is my domain.

[quote name='m_d_amore']well i got shot down the guy said it doesnt start til the 19th.[/quote]

...and you were flat out lied to.

I think that the coupon code is:

+CGCPV3F10

But I'm not 100% in that.

I only bothered to drive to a couple stores, but found some decent stuff:

SNES
Mario RPG
Contra 3
DKC 2
DKC 3

PS1
Thunder Force V

GB
Super Mario Land 2
Final Fantasy Legend
Final Fantasy Legend II
Kid Icarus

N64
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Golf
Killer Instinct Gold

I just got a new copy of Botkai but I saw a new Lady Sia and a copy of Castlevania: Circle Of the Moon used with box for 13.99.

[quote name='briansraregames']11 Stores Hit, total spent approx $1100(other items too)
[/quote]

HOLY fuck!!!!!! Nice list.

[quote name='briansraregames']...and you were flat out lied to.

I think that the coupon code is:

+CGCPV3F10

But I'm not 100% in that.[/QUOTE]
had the flyer in hand showing it to him he said the flyer might be old.I showed him the the sale ends in december he calls his manager and the manager tells him its the 19th. he showed me the barcode 4 the promo but said he couldnt use it . he was being a dick. not much selection woulda put up more of a stink but this is the only GC in the area. i did end up getting 3 "classic" games for under 10.

Quick question do they jack up the price on games to go with the promo? like buyy 3 2 dollar game for 10?

[/quote]

Man, I thought I bought a lot at the last sale...

I gotta go check today...

Went to 4 GC stores today and found squat for CP. Nothing good at all. One store had a bunch of good GB games but the fool working there said the GBC games are CP and the GB games are not? WTF is that?

I did find a couple of sealed GBA games at decent prices though ($4 for Punch King, $8 for RCR EX), and a couple more games at a stop by Sears on the way.

kspiff

[quote name='briansraregames']11 Stores Hit, total spent approx $1100([/quote]

I think they new about you when they named the place.;)

[quote name='FlyMaggot']I think they new about you when they named the place.;)[/quote]

Eh, it's not crazy to spend $1100 on games he's going to sell for $5k in his Ebay store.

I spent $10 at M1C13's store today.

Picked up:

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (GEN)
Ninja Gaiden II (NES)
Indiana Jones (N64)

I probably wouldn't have bought anything if it weren't for that Moonwalker. I've been looking for a cheap copy of this game for a long time.

[quote name='Rictor']Eh, it's not crazy to spend $1100 on games he's going to sell for $5k in his Ebay store.[/quote]

I didnt mean it in a bad way. Hell, if I had the money and the time I would do the same.

bread's done
Back