Just a heads up! Game Crazy classic plastic coming soon 3 FOR $10

xrickyb86x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I totally forgot to post this last week. Anyway, we got signage for the classic plastic sale but the new signage is "3 for $10" not $15 anymore. NO START DATE YET so bare with me until I (or someone else) gets the final info.

3 for $10 on all gb, gbc, nes, snes, n64, saturn, psone, and dreamcast games.

Just got back from hitting 4 Gamecrazy's. I wasn't expecting much but, I came back with a few games. Lots of love for my N64 now...that's for sure.

Dreamcast-
Mortal Kombat GOLD (Disc Only)

PS1-
Fatal Fury Wild Ambition (Disc Only)
Parasite Eve (Disc Only)
Fear Effect (Disc Only)
Chrono Cross (Greatest Hits, Mint)
Front Mission 3 (Disc Only)
Kartia (Disc Only)

N64-
Castlevania Legacy of Darkness (Cart Only)
Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards (Cart Only)
Harvest Moon 64 (Cart Only)
Super Smash Brothers (Cart Only)
Mario Party (Cart Only)
Super Mario 64 (Cart Only)
Star Fox 64 (Cart Only)

SNES-
Wanders From Ys III

Wow the GC near me sucked. I decided on getting about 6 games: MGS, Fear Effect, Fear Effect 2: RH, Misadventures of Tron Bonne, Xenogears and Dino Crisis. Turns out FE 2: RH was missing and Xenogears was only disc 2. So I picked up Dino Crisis, MGS and Tron Bonne. Sad part is they had the atrocious Hollywood video label on the disc of Tron Bonne and FE 2...

[quote name='GundamFan']Wow the GC near me sucked. I decided on getting about 6 games: MGS, Fear Effect, Fear Effect 2: RH, Misadventures of Tron Bonne, Xenogears and Dino Crisis. Turns out FE 2: RH was missing and Xenogears was only disc 2. So I picked up Dino Crisis, MGS and Tron Bonne. Sad part is they had the atrocious Hollywood video label on the disc of Tron Bonne and FE 2...[/quote]

I feel you...I would have gotten Fear Effect 2: RH if it wasn't missing a disc or two. Too bad about the Hollywood video labels though. Only 2 out of the 4 I checked actually knew that this sale was going on. The guy at one of the stores said, "They need to tell me when sales are going on". Isn't it his job to be updated on such things as this???

Finally, most stores know this is going on here, was able to pick up PS1 Lunar Eternal Blue, PS1 Inayusha, and Micro Machines for Genesis. I'll have to hit some more this weekend.

Fear Effect with only disk 2? I hope they stopped bothering to try and sell it... Thankfully, I was able to buy that at an EB of all places a few weeks ago for $4 or so.

Went back tonight and had my receipt fixed...all dropped down to $3.33

N64:
Battletanx
Golden Eye
Bomberman
Excitebike 64
Jet Force Gemini
Donkey Kong 64

NES
Hogan's Alley
Jeopardy

SNES
Super Star Wars
Super Empire Strikes Back
Starfox

Genesis
McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure

PS1
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
T.R.A.G.

Oddity - went to check the condition of Alundra, and found 3 discs inside. I dont knoiw how or why, since the store inventory said they only had one and they were all in the same sleeve, but I guess now I have 3 beat up disc only copies of alundra (hopefully they take kindly to resurfacing)

Dave

Went to 2 more GCs, got GBA Double Dragon for $8 at one store and actually found enough CP to warrant a buy at the other:

Super GameBoy
GBC Crystalis
GBC Commander Keen

Looking back I probably should have just taken both Super GBs they had and skipped Keen. They had a complete DC Sonic Shuffle I might have bought but the disc was nowhere to be found. Also a complete PS1 RPG Maker which was just too scratched to bother with.

I have to give props to one of the stores now, though, for actually having a printed CP stock list. :applause:

kspiff

I just printed a new stock list yesterday for my store, I got tired of people asking for games we didn't have, Plus they gave us a nice new shiny binder to put it in so now ours will be updated weekly.

Just picked up the following GBA games:
FF Tactics
Mario Tennis
Yugi-oh GX
Wario Ware
DOGS
Megaman battle network 6

Not bad for a $20 pickup.

[quote name='Daring']Just picked up the following GBA games:
FF Tactics
Mario Tennis
Yugi-oh GX
Wario Ware
DOGS
Megaman battle network 6

Not bad for a $20 pickup.[/quote]

What store let you do 3 for $10 on GBA?

Sacramento, CA.
I ask the sales clerk whether GBA is part of the classic plastic sale because it is a generation behind. He looked it up on his computer and said that it is part of the 3 for 10 sale. They still have a ton more gba games but I don't see anything else I want.

[quote name='Daring']Sacramento, CA.
I ask the sales clerk whether GBA is part of the classic plastic sale because it is a generation behind. He looked it up on his computer and said that it is part of the 3 for 10 sale. They still have a ton more gba games but I don't see anything else I want.[/QUOTE]
This sounds awesome, but highly YMMV. Do you have a scan of the receipt for entertainment value?

Here's a scan of my receipt

Orignial used prices was:
Yugi-oh GX - $24.99
Mario Tennis - $24.99
Final Fantasy Tactics - $24.99
Dogz - $12.99
Megaman BN 6 - $24.99
Warioware - $24.99

Im gonna try to get soem GBA games for cheap. Would be a good way to pick up FF3+4 advance and some other classics

Every place I went explicitly said no GBA games. I could barely get most of them to let me have regular GB because the ad only listed GB Color (then again these were the stores where the employees didn't even know CP was on again).

Went to 2 more GC stores yesterday. Got:

$4 sealed GBA Lady Sia

DC 18 Wheeler (complete)
DC Pod Speedzone (complete)
GB Castlevania II
GB Kirby Pinball Land
GB Mega Man
GB Mega Man II
GBC Lufia
GBC Magical Drop
GBC Zelda Oracle of (forget which one)
N64 Kirby Crystal Shards
N64 Zelda Majora's Mask
PS1 Mega Man X6 (complete)

There must have been one more but I foget what it was. I should have snagged all the Super Game Boys and a few other carts (some dupes) from a couple of the stores, but didn't have enough cash on hand.

So all in all, I got a Super GB, 1 PS1 game, 2 DC games, and a lot of fodder for selling / trading. Not bad, considering that I didn't really expect to find anything I would want to keep.

kspiff

I finally picked up Sonic Adventure 2 for Dreamcast... I thought I had at least. They didn't let me even see the disk and of course like a dumbass I just took the bag of games they handed me. Get home "Sonic Adventure 2, The Trial" is what the disk says... gee, that looks like the same exact same demo disk I have with my Phantasy Star Online.

I have been hitting up the GCs around me for months, and they have been picked clean. (I lost my PS1 games when I moved; I think they are in a box in the basement, but I haven't been able to find them.)

I've been trying to find ANY PS1 games (I have been trying to take on the Chrysler Building again in PE1), but all the GCs around here have been cleaned out by sales past.

Which leads me to my question: Do the GCs restock? I am surprised by what everyone else here has found; none of my stores have anything with Square in the title! Anything better than Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kai (however it is spelled) was bought up long ago...

[quote name='PlumeNoir']I have been hitting up the GCs around me for months, and they have been picked clean. (I lost my PS1 games when I moved; I think they are in a box in the basement, but I haven't been able to find them.)

I've been trying to find ANY PS1 games (I have been trying to take on the Chrysler Building again in PE1), but all the GCs around here have been cleaned out by sales past.

Which leads me to my question: Do the GCs restock? I am surprised by what everyone else here has found; none of my stores have anything with Square in the title! Anything better than Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kai (however it is spelled) was bought up long ago...[/quote]

They still take stuff in because I have seen all these lists during the last sale, and some of the stuff I got this time around, I would have bought previously if it had been there. One store had just sold Secret of Mana and Mario All Stars for SNES.

[quote name='Daring']Here's a scan of my receipt

[/QUOTE]
Congrats on that, man. I'd definitely go back and try to find more GBA games that might be worth it at that price.

On a side note, I saw Phantasy Star Collection for $5 used at a couple of Gamecrazies. That' a killer deal, especially if you can't find it new at any GCs.

[quote name='nwaugh']Congrats on that, man. I'd definitely go back and try to find more GBA games that might be worth it at that price.

On a side note, I saw Phantasy Star Collection for $5 used at a couple of Gamecrazies. That' a killer deal, especially if you can't find it new at any GCs.[/quote]

None of them would do GBA. Even the ones that said it wasn't going on or was 3 for $15... they wouldn't allow those games to walk out of the store at that price.

Thanks for the heads up on this, OP. I picked up a few for my collection, nothing flashy but stuff I had been wanting.

Simpson't: Bart's Nightmare - Genesis
Zombie's ate my Neighbors - Genesis
Bionic Commando - NES
Medal of Honor - PSOne
Ape Escape - PSOne
Contra: Legacy of War - PSOne

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']None of them would do GBA. Even the ones that said it wasn't going on or was 3 for $15... they wouldn't allow those games to walk out of the store at that price.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I know. I'm a Classic Plastic veteran! (haha) I'm just saying that he should pillage that one particular store if they're letting GBA games go 3 for $10.

Not that anyone cares, but here's my final tally:

NES
Ninja Gaiden II
Palamedes

SNES
Blackthorne
Illusion of Gaia
Pinball Dreams
Utopia

N64
Bust a Move 2
Mace
Yoshi's Story

GB
Castlevania Adventure
Crystal Quest
Darkwing Duck
Ducktales
Earthworm Jim
Harvest Moon
Kirby's Dream Land
Super RC Pro-Am

GBC
Conker's Pocket Tales
Harvest Moon 3
Heroes of Might and Magic
Lufia: The Legend Returns
Pocket Bomberman
Prince of Persia
Warioland 2
Warioland 3

Gen
Shinobi III
Toe Jam and Earl
Vectorman 2

Game Gear
Dracula (I know, I know - I'm collecting Game Gear games)

Dreamcast
Ecco Defender of the future (complete)
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (complete)
Soul Calibur (complete)

PS1
Legend of Dragoon (complete)
Oddworld (complete)

While once good, these sales are becoming meaningless. The price is right, but none of the stores around me ever get anything new in. To be honest, they'd have to do a 3 for $3 sale to make it worth purchasing any of the stuff they have left.

I picked up some good deals within the past month or so:

Donkey Kong 64
Dragon Warrior I & II (GBC)
Dragon Warrior III (GBC)
Mario Kart 64
Resident Evil 2 (N64)
Star Fox 64
Super Mario Kart
Vagrant Story
Wild Arms 2
Yoshi's Island (SNES)
Zelda: Link to the Past (SNES)
Zelda: Majora's Mask

And, the best of all: R.B.I. Baseball

I dont frequent my only local GC anymore. Last time I checked the first day on a 'classic plastic' and they told me they hadn't heard anything and couldnt honor it. Didn't argue it. Went back the next day fairly early and there are signs up everywhere and every game worth more than $5 was magically gone.

So I rarely step foot in there anymore.

If you guys want in, better hurry, it only runs through the end of the month (but don't be suprised if they extend it).

..and starting the last week of January, MVPs get 20% off used and 20% more when you trade-in.

[quote name='Scorch']
..and starting the last week of January, MVPs get 20% off used and 20% more when you trade-in.[/quote]

Permanently or is this a week-long deal? Talk about finally getting your money's worth.

[quote name='Scorch']If you guys want in, better hurry, it only runs through the end of the month (but don't be suprised if they extend it).

..and starting the last week of January, MVPs get 20% off used and 20% more when you trade-in.[/quote]

But the last time I was at my local GC, they wouldn't stack the MVP discount on top of the "3 for" deals.

[quote name='mogamer']But the last time I was at my local GC, they wouldn't stack the MVP discount on top of the "3 for" deals.[/quote]

Yes, they don't stack. I think he was just mentioning it as another reason to stop in the store.

[quote name='bigscoot4269']what dreamcast games are u guys looking for i can get any game[/quote]

Heh, Marvel vs. Capcom 2. I'll take 10 copies, please. :p

The MVP won't stack with the 3 for 10, no, but it does work with the $4.99 B2G1. The reason it won't work is because the coupon requires all games to be 3.33. The 20% is only running until somewhere around V-Day. It'll be nice. Any used 360 game that's full price (49.99 used) will be 39.99.

The good thing about the 20% off is that there will be no employee competency test to get it to work, it'll automatically apply 20% for the week or so.. i'll post the official dates once I find them out.

The last sale that was decent i got alot of DC games..since then they only had Ps1 games with no covers SNES carts that were mediocre as well as other cart console games that were also swimming in mediocrity.

[quote name='Scorch']The MVP won't stack with the 3 for 10, no, but it does work with the $4.99 B2G1. The reason it won't work is because the coupon requires all games to be 3.33. The 20% is only running until somewhere around V-Day. It'll be nice. Any used 360 game that's full price (49.99 used) will be 39.99.

The good thing about the 20% off is that there will be no employee competency test to get it to work, it'll automatically apply 20% for the week or so.. i'll post the official dates once I find them out.[/quote]

Thanks for the update. I'll renew my MVP (it did pretty much nothing for me the first year I had it, and it's been in limbo for about two years since) next time I'm over there.

[quote name='anderton']Thanks for the update. I'll renew my MVP (it did pretty much nothing for me the first year I had it, and it's been in limbo for about two years since) next time I'm over there.[/quote]

Was this ever confirmed?

just wondering, does GC take older than ps2 accessories / systems? i'm doubting the manager at the one i usually go to because he's always a dick when i go. i figure they sell the accessories...why not take them in?

they take tons of older accessories, most gc managers are dix, go when he's not working! thats what i do in buffalo! good luck!

[quote name='anderton']Was this ever confirmed?[/quote]

The 20%? Still don't have a start date, but yes, it's coming within the next week or two, as I said, i'll make a thread when it officially starts

[quote name='GameReeper']they take tons of older accessories, most gc managers are dix, go when he's not working! thats what i do in buffalo! good luck![/quote]

i think i might call his district manager. this guy has given me a problem the past 5 times i've gone. :\ lied to me about 3 for $10 (the store 15 min away is always helpful and knows what's up) and only tends to customers who want madden for 360 or some shit. ugh. plus i've seen him walk outside and talk on his phone while he's working!! what a crappy manager.

Here's what I've picked up at various stores (all cart only):

NES:
Bigfoot
Guerrilla War
Iron Tank

Genesis:
Gauntlet IV
Shining In The Darkness

Game Boy:
Aerostar
The Final Fantasy Legend
Gradius: The Interstellar Assault
Mickey Mouse Magic Wands!
TaleSpin

Game Boy Color:
3D Ultra Pinball: Thrillride
Disney's The Little Mermaid II: Pinball Frenzy (I collect pinball video games and needed this one. Kinda surprised the clerk didn't say anything.)
Dragon Warrior III

I thought I had posted in this thread earlier, but I guess not so it probably is in some other thread on accident.

Anyway, I have a question about Gamecrazy. I just got off the phone with them asking if they had Dead or Alive 2, Soul Calibur, or Marvel vs. Capcom 2 all for Dreamcast. They said no but that they can order a copy from another location for $6 per game. I can also use the classic plastic promotion to buy all three for $10, so could I get all three for a total of $28 (10+18)? I want to make sure before I drive there.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']I thought I had posted in this thread earlier, but I guess not so it probably is in some other thread on accident.

Anyway, I have a question about Gamecrazy. I just got off the phone with them asking if they had Dead or Alive 2, Soul Calibur, or Marvel vs. Capcom 2 all for Dreamcast. They said no but that they can order a copy from another location for $6 per game. I can also use the classic plastic promotion to buy all three for $10, so could I get all three for a total of $28 (10+18)? I want to make sure before I drive there.[/quote]

Don't do this. Game Crazy ordering is literally run by one guy and it could take weeks or months before you ever see your games, if you ever see them at all.

bread's done
Back