Just got my Halo 3 Beta key!

[quote name='Michaellvortega']I notice people are still standbying :([/QUOTE]
Just got of match like that. I really hope people aren't stupid enough to cheat during the beta.

[quote name='zewone']Just got of match like that. I really hope people aren't stupid enough to cheat during the beta.[/quote]

I hope they are. I hope people find every way possible to break/ruin halo games in the beta. this means that bungie will be able to work on solving these problems to make the final product more fun for the rest of us.

[quote name='zewone']Just got of match like that. I really hope people aren't stupid enough to cheat during the beta.[/QUOTE]

It's good in some ways, since they might be able to see what people are doing and fix it before the actual game is released.

That being said, online cheaters are the biggest losers on the planet and should be beaten within an inch of their life.

[quote name='Mister Switch']I hope they are. I hope people find every way possible to break/ruin halo games in the beta. this means that bungie will be able to work on solving these problems to make the final product more fun for the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

What he said.

[quote name='Mister Switch']I hope they are. I hope people find every way possible to break/ruin halo games in the beta. this means that bungie will be able to work on solving these problems to make the final product more fun for the rest of us.[/quote]

yep, just what I was thinking =P. Come on hackers, bring down everything you got plix!

I'll definitely be up this time tomorrow to download the beta as soon as it drops. The servers will be SLAMMED in the afternoon, so I want to get it before the kiddies get home from school.

Heh, I just opened bungie.net and noticed I had an private message sitting in my inbox. Was a four day old invitation to Halo 3 Friend & Family Public Beta, lol. I'm so totally observant to private messages on various sites without e-mail alerts. ~_~

Guess I'll get a few games in today before the onslaught starts tomorrow if I'm able to get it downloaded today.

[quote name='Draekon']Heh, I just opened bungie.net and noticed I had an private message sitting in my inbox. Was a four day old invitation to Halo 3 Friend & Family Public Beta, lol. I'm so totally observant to private messages on various sites without e-mail alerts. ~_~

Guess I'll get a few games in today before the onslaught starts tomorrow if I'm able to get it downloaded today.[/quote]

I'd cry. You missed out on some probably really good games before the sh!t hits the fan with everyone rushing to play the game and play like pricks/be really annoying because it's only a beta and won't stay on their "record."

[quote name='velvet396']I'd cry. You missed out on some probably really good games before the sh!t hits the fan with everyone rushing to play the game and play like pricks/be really annoying because it's only a beta and won't stay on their "record."[/quote]

Probably, which is a little disappointing but I don't mind too much. I'll probably be able to get a group of friends together to join up with me in Matchmaking after it starts tomorrow, so I don't think it should be too bad for me. Though I guess it would help if I knew the other 90% of the people on my friends list thanks to that damnable Kameo Guide... ~_~

[quote name='Michaellvortega']I'm betting the halo3.com emails go out late and crackdown players will have the opportunity to DL slighty ahead of the winners.[/quote]which IMO is gay.

I was disappointed Wombat and CheapyD where not (or didn't) get Friends and Family codes out to people here as a contest or something. Especially to the big halo fans.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']I'm betting the halo3.com emails go out late and crackdown players will have the opportunity to DL slighty ahead of the winners.[/quote]

well look how *cough* smoothly the rule of 3 signup went. it was a joke. i'm guessing distribution of the beta itself will be equaly laughable.

Halo 3 hacked, new gameplay elements found.

Some modders have been looking through the Halo 3 beta map files and seem to be finding many amazing things. They find leads to a new ''Infection'' gametype, tons of references to sandbox items leading some to believe of a map editor, commands to give out to AI I'm guessing, and mentions of hornets, choppers, and more. Now these are just rumors and no photo evidence has been shared.

Some other commands were found as well

Equipment:
tripmine_picked_up
powerdrain_picked_up
bubbleshield_picked_up
gravlift_picked_up
invincibility_picked_up
invisibility_picked_up
jammer_picked_up
instacover_picked_up
smoke_picked_up

Chopper vehicle:
chopper_enter
chopper_flip
chopper_board

Random crap:
how_to_quit_for_dummies
hey_retards_use_start_to_quit

Hold ... to ride in Pelican.
Hold ... to operate Pelican turret.
Hold ... to ride in Phantom.
Hold ... to drive Shadow.
Hold ... to ride in Shadow.
Hold ... to operate Shadow turret.
Press ... to flip Shadow.

Picked up a Flamethrower

Picked up a Fuel Rod Cannon

Picked up an Energy Sword

Picked up a Plasma Turret

Picked up a Claymore Grenade

Hold ... to ride in Phantom

Hold ... to drive Shadow

Hold ... to use Covenant gun tower

[edit] Found proof: http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=59697

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=10843183

I was waiting for people to find that kinda stuff. I'm think Halo 3 is going to be larger scale then I anticipated. I really feel bad for shadowrun considering poeple are going to skip it in wait for Halo 3.

How will those who got in during the Rule of 3 thing be able to download? Via hotmail? bungie.net? live marketplace downloads?

Anybody know?

[quote name='rywateska']How will those who got in during the Rule of 3 thing be able to download? Via hotmail? bungie.net? live marketplace downloads?

Anybody know?[/quote]

I don't know, but my guess is that we get emails with codes and we redeem them.

If you won a H3 beta key you will be contacted via the email that you provided and where congratulated/confirmed, Hopefully sometime early tomorrow. Make sure to setup your spam filter correctly if you have one, replacement keys will not be given.

Ok so someone please clear this up for me. Does the Beta launch at 12:01 AM PST or 5:00 AM PST?

I swear the counter at Bungie.net has been fluxuating......

Need to know so I can decide whether or not I want to go to classes tomorrow. 12:01 AM launch = go to class, 5:00 AM class = no go.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Ok so someone please clear this up for me. Does the Beta launch at 12:01 AM PST or 5:00 AM PST?

I swear the counter at Bungie.net has been fluxuating......

Need to know so I can decide whether or not I want to go to classes tomorrow. 12:01 AM launch = go to class, 5:00 AM class = no go.[/QUOTE]
5AM from the countdown. It's been that way since Friday, so I think that's what it is.

[quote name='zewone']5AM from the countdown. It's been that way since Friday, so I think that's what it is.[/QUOTE]

Daaaaaaaaaamn. Maybe I'll just wake up at 5 AM, download it, play for a couple hours, then head to class. *sigh* It's too bad my sleep schedule is so messed up I usually go to bed at around 5 am.

My plans for tomorrow.

Wake up at 8:00 Am

Eat cereal while the beta is downloading

Begin playing and feel my ass grow.

No work tomorrow WOOOO!

The beta just went from 500 people to 26,000 in about 15 minutes. Bungie must have released some more codes, or an event is going on.

[quote name='zewone']The beta just went from 500 people to 26,000 in about 15 minutes. Bungie must have released some more codes, or an event is going on.[/quote]

The halo 3 beta launch party event thingy is going on right now

(yes....seriously...in hollywood even)

Shit, I was hoping to get up and dl at 4EST, play till school, come home and play, for the next 3 weeks. I thought it was midnight PST

no Rule of 3 was the 2nd contest. I got in the first and got my code exactly at 12:07
I'm just happy I won't ahve to compete with crazy bandwidth to download the game since the crackdown one isn't up yet.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Are you guys getting the codes on bungie.net mail or your gamertag linked email address?[/QUOTE]
I'm no Halo fan, so I don't know if you mean that you can get an @bungie.net addy or not. But I pretty much use one email address for the majority of my business on the web, so if I ever registered on Bungie's site, it should be the same one registered with Microsoft. Though incidentally, my MS Password account name is an email address I don't currently use, though all correspondence with that account goes to my current addy.

Won the halo3.com thing, haven't received a code through my MS-linked email/gamertag. Checked my Bungie username on bungie.net (I just registered like 3 days ago), nothing there either.

I hope this code isn't tagged onto the gamertag, I already have Crackdown and I could get this other code to someone who doesn't already have Crackdown..

naw the code is tagged to the thing you registered on. Kind of hard to matchmake for skirmishes at the moment. Easy in the Slayer mode though.

But it's been pretty fun so far. a good amount of new toys to play with at least in deathmatch.

[quote name='Zoglog']naw the code is tagged to the thing you registered on. Kind of hard to matchmake for skirmishes at the moment. Easy in the Slayer mode though.

But it's been pretty fun so far. a good amount of new toys to play with at least in deathmatch.[/quote]

So you can jsut go on right now if you won through rule of three?

I got in through Rule of 3 and also got it at 12:07am. The invite was in my junk folder though (it was from bungie.net, not Microsoft).

[quote name='Scorch']Won the halo3.com thing, haven't received a code through my MS-linked email/gamertag. Checked my Bungie username on bungie.net (I just registered like 3 days ago), nothing there either.

I hope this code isn't tagged onto the gamertag, I already have Crackdown and I could get this other code to someone who doesn't already have Crackdown..[/quote]

You should check your junk/spam mail just in case. I'm hearing quite a few people had theirs in there.

bread's done
Back