K-Mart Entertainment Guide Coupons - PS3 Resistance & Motorstorm for $19.99

Cap'n_RDM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
While searching for clearance titles at K-mart today, I picked up their K-Mart Entertainment Guide. It contains the following coupons which are valid from 08/01/08-08/31/08:

$20 off :ps3::ps2::360::wii: Guitar Hero Aerosmith: Walk This Way Bundle
$10 off :ps3: Resistance: Fall of Man (making this $19.99 once it drops to the GH price next week!!!!!)
$10 off :ps3: Motorstorm (making it $19.99 as well once the price drops)
$10 off :ps3::ps2::360::wii::ds: Kung Fu Panda
$10 off :ps3::ps2::360::wii: Guitar Hero Aerosmith: Walk This Way Software
$10 off :wii::ds: Little League World Series '08
$10 off :ds: Imagine or Petz Titles
$10 off :ds: My Fashion Studio
$5 off :ps2: God of War II
$5 off :ps2: Ratchet Deadlocked
$5 off :psp: Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
$5 off :psp: Socom Fireteam Bravo 2

Kmart-01_r1.jpg

Kmart-02_r1_r1.jpg

Mods - If there is a better place for this please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped my local K-Mart and they did not have any of the Game Guide Books. They did however have plenty of Resistance and Motorstorm. For those who were lucky enough to find the guide what does the front of it look like?

got the 2nd to last copy of motorstorm & resistance, both non GH releases. I live in beaumont, CA if anybody wants to know.

one kmart here has a whole stack of entertainment guides with coupons...ANother kmart has about 10 copies each of Motorstorm and Resistance not GH
The front of the Entertainement Guide with the coupons has Lego Batman and Robin on the front. send me a SASE I have a couple extra copies I can pull the coupons out of.

I picked up the second to last copy of Resistance at the Kmart at East Sahara in Vegas.

the Entertainment Guides are next to the registers in the electronic section

I went into KMart yesterday to pick Resistance up - coupon book is still sitting right there! They haven't updated the sticker prices with their games yet but they are updated in their system. I bought two Resistance games (one for my brother) each for 19.99. Great bargain!

I found the guide it had lego batman on the cover they were still shrink wrapped in bundles next to the counter I had the retarded guy there open one for me. I just picked a resistance, motor storm didn't look like my thang. Resistance was still marked 59.99! so $40 off is a sweet deal.

Got 2 copies of Resistance (1 for me and 1 for my brother). The first K-mart I went to did not have the Entertainment Guides but the second one did. Had no problems buying both copies at the same time with 2 separate coupons (does need to be separate transactions though).

[quote name='gleditts']Does anyone know how much Warhawk with headset is at Kmart?[/QUOTE]

It was $49.99 when the cashier scanned it yesterday.

Scored one of the 5 remaining yesterday. My wife went on the 31st not knowing the coupon began on Aug. 1st, so the coupon rang up not valid until Aug. 1st. I was worried that copies wouldn't be on shelves because the K-Mart is on the other side of town. Thanks again to all the CAG's who contributed to this info. It is much sweeter to pay $20 for games than $30.:D

Thanks op, picked up a copy of Resistance. I grabbed 3 entertainment guides so I still have 3 motorstorm and 2 resistance coupon if anyone needs them.

Thanks for the heads up on this one. I got the second to last Resistance at our Kmart but they had no Motorstorm. The checkout dude wondered out loud if Kmart new what they were doing when they dropped the price with the coupon in the book. Oh well, good news for us!

For once, a K-Maret deal pulled through for me. The coupon books were on the counter next to the register, and they had at least 3 copies of every game (only there for Resistance, though), with no newly printed/etc red cases. I really don't care all that much, but if I have the option, I'd prefer the original.

Thanks for the info, OP. I was considering spending $30 on Resistance, but $20 is definitely the perfect price. Any VA CAGS on here, I was at the K-Mart on Hull St and Genito in Midlothian.

Hey does anyone here have extra coupons? I've searched around 3 or 4 Kmarts in the Orange County area and I haven't found a single one that has the books. If you could PM me I can give you my address. I can mail back postage too if you would like to be compensated. Please and thank you in advance.

got the deal as well! the cashier straight up lied to me saying that they were out of the Resistance game and that they havent had them in a while. well, i kinda felt that he was lying and sure enough when i checked the case, a fresh copy of the game just mine for the taking. he prolly wanted this last copy coz i think he took it personal since i gave him 22 bucks and he didnt give me my change. lol i dint really care coz 22 bucks for an awesome game is a blessing... it wouldve made the deal sweeter if i put the guy in his place but i was just in such a good mood that i let it slide...

[quote name='gotenex']It was $49.99 when the cashier scanned it yesterday.[/quote]

check best buy for that Warhawk + bluetooth bundle. i went to my local best buy on Maryland Prkwy in Vegas and they had those priced at $29.99. it looks like they just put the "greatest hits" red sticker on the box. i picked one up yesterday and they had 3 left. great deal IMO.

I picked up my copy of Resistance on Monday since my K-mart only had one copy at the time (original package, even without the "9.5 out of 10"). Today, I swung by and did the return/rebuy to use the coupon.

Hey gang, got a few more books if anyone needs any. I just PM'd everyone on my waiting list, so anyone else, send me a PM, I've got another 4 to spare, and I' might be able to get a few more.

Also, as fyi, don't just check the entertainment department, I found most of my stash up in Customer service for coupon books.

Thanks for the tip OP...!

My copy of Motorstorm, and the other that was there, was shrinkwrapped.....seemed odd, but looked professionally done. Given how much of a mess a Kmart employee would have had with it.

Also picked up a copy of the original Prom Night and a Tobe Hooper movie called Massacre for $4.50...! Double discs too!!!

Thanks to the OP for pointing this deal out. I managed to snag the final copy of Resistance from my Kmart a couple days ago.

If anyone wants any of the coupons (other than the Resistance one), let me know via PM and I'll mail you my remaining coupons via SASE.

Wow I just checked my copy of resistance and it's a copy without the 9.5 out of 10 or whatever too. My Kmart's a wasteland XD Good thing I got the last copy though, they prolly wouldn't have ordered any more at that rate lol

[quote name='falcinator']Thanks for the tip OP...!

My copy of Motorstorm, and the other that was there, was shrinkwrapped.....seemed odd, but looked professionally done. Given how much of a mess a Kmart employee would have had with it.

Also picked up a copy of the original Prom Night and a Tobe Hooper movie called Massacre for $4.50...! Double discs too!!![/quote]

Wow! I just opened my copy of Motorstorm and a Sony Branded DVD R was in the case rather than the game itself. I immediately called the store and the manager told me they don't shrinkwrap games if there's a problem with them being opened, and that they HAVE indeed had this situation occur frequently in the past. He told me they had previously issued returns but now their claims loss department told them for the customer to contact the manufacturer directly. I told him there was another copy in the same condition on the shelf as of yesterday when I purchased and he relcutlantly agreed to go back and check that copy for a blank disc.

I am waiting impatiently on the phone with Sony now.....

just got back from big k~ found both coupon and the game.

the game rang up $59.99. I told the cashier she needs to have the manager come and update the price. The cashier was scared to call the manager b/c this manager supposedly is real anal about things. But I insisted to have the manager called over.

Well, she did call but the manager did not even bother coming to the CS area. The manager called and said the price that rang up is the price and nothing she can do about it.

The CS personal tried to help but could not update the price w/o the manager so I bought game anyway and will go back some other time when that lazy ass manager is not around.

Went to my north Kmart who had a ton of the coupon books but only Motorstorm on Friday night then ran by my south Kmart who had two copies of Resistance but no coupon books or Motorstorm.

Oh Kmart, you so crazy.

i just got back from Kmart with my copy of Resistance. Has this been ringing up for you guys @ 29.99 cuz mine rang up @ 59.99. I bought it anyway because I was in a hurry. Could it be a case of that store not updating their pricing? I'll probably take it back with ads from every store showing it for 20 bucks for an adjustment...any advice?

My store had signs up stating that Resistance was 29.99 from ~ 7/24 through 8/1. I bought my copy on 8/1 and the total came to 20.99 after tax. I guess your Kmart might not have gotten the memo about Resistance becoming a GH title as of last week.

a bit long but here goes..

went to the store this morning after calling 3 times (1 they hangd up, 2 my cell died, 3 got through) to make sure they had copies of resistance, which they did.

after the associate got the game and rang it out take a guess at the price(it wasnt GH pice, CAM dont these stores upated the prices).

i pointed it out to him to which he repelied cant do any thing even though i showed him the guide and said sony doesnt have GH games at full price and every other store in the area had it @ 29.99.

He couldnt do anything, so being upset i left the coupon behind to which he told me to take it with me even though there was 30 books on the desk and by the game case.

went to the service desk and asked to speak to a manager about the price.

he said he couldnt do anything but when i showed him the guide and said the priced dropped this past tueday(which it did). he went into the back and a few minutes later he said it should now ring up right. it did i used a coupon from a different book so i got it for $21 & change w/tax.

Funny is that this store is natorious for almost never giving out price adjustments.

Dont fuck with me big K dont fuck with "The Game Genie":lol::lol::lol:

Well I made it to K-Mart today, picked up a handful of the Entertainment Guides. Went to pick up Resistance, and there wasn't even a spot for either Resistance or Motorstorm behind the glass. Browsed around, and found neither anywhere in sight. But if anyone is looking for extra coupons.. :D

[quote name='Halo05']My store had signs up stating that Resistance was 29.99 from ~ 7/24 through 8/1. I bought my copy on 8/1 and the total came to 20.99 after tax. I guess your Kmart might not have gotten the memo about Resistance becoming a GH title as of last week.[/quote]

why did you have to do that..:lol:

wait you had only one day to use the coupon, the fuck ?

money down says they wont get/release the GH covers/GH pricing until after the coupon expiration date.

fuck Krapmart

The Kmart I bought my copy of Resistance from had a little sign with the new greatest hit prices for Resistance, Motostorm and I think Ninja Gaiden too.

[quote name='VaRIABLE SoUL']check best buy for that Warhawk + bluetooth bundle. i went to my local best buy on Maryland Prkwy in Vegas and they had those priced at $29.99. it looks like they just put the "greatest hits" red sticker on the box. i picked one up yesterday and they had 3 left. great deal IMO.[/QUOTE]

I checked one of the BB's near me and they didn't have any left, or maybe I didn't look hard enough. I don't feel like hunting this one down... between Resistance and Motorstorm from this deal and the B1G1 TRU glitch, I'm good for a while. But yeah, that is a good deal though, thanks for the tip.

[quote name='thabizzle']i just got back from Kmart with my copy of Resistance. Has this been ringing up for you guys @ 29.99 cuz mine rang up @ 59.99. I bought it anyway because I was in a hurry. Could it be a case of that store not updating their pricing? I'll probably take it back with ads from every store showing it for 20 bucks for an adjustment...any advice?[/quote]
The problem with these stores is that they're not activating their price drops. Every day the stores get PLCs (price list changes) that are to be activated and marked on the counters .... the problem is that the store will either not do them (as in thabizzle's problem here) or they activate and don't change the prices on the counter.

This is an issue that stems from the top and "the big red K" needs to chop the head off this beast and get new upper management who can crack the whip on these shlubs running these stores and make them accountable.

Whoever else is having the problem of the price ringing up, tell them that the PLC was pushed down last week. If that doesn't get you anywhere, ask for the corporate number so that you can explain the situation (since the price drop is not only company wide, but industry wide).

As a quick FYI, my wife works for K-Mart as a UPM (unit and pricing manager) and it's her job to update these prices. She kicks ass at what she does but only works one day a week at it so many of the lazy-asses at her store just save up their changes for her (can't do 5 days of changes in one day). And yes, her store did have them marked correctly.

For people in the Pittsburgh Area, the Bridgeville Kmart had a stack about two inches thick sitting on the counter in electronics section.

[quote name='falcinator']Wow! I just opened my copy of Motorstorm and a Sony Branded DVD R was in the case rather than the game itself. I immediately called the store and the manager told me they don't shrinkwrap games if there's a problem with them being opened, and that they HAVE indeed had this situation occur frequently in the past. He told me they had previously issued returns but now their claims loss department told them for the customer to contact the manufacturer directly. I told him there was another copy in the same condition on the shelf as of yesterday when I purchased and he relcutlantly agreed to go back and check that copy for a blank disc.

I am waiting impatiently on the phone with Sony now.....[/QUOTE]

I learned this lesson the hard way with Half-Life 2 at Circuit City. I have since taught myself to check to make sure it's the foil type wrapping and NOT shrinkwrap. Shrinkwrap = some ghetto asswipe, Foil = real game, not returned.

I hope you can get it squared away. I have no idea why they have you calling Sony, as it's clearly Kmart's fault and not Sony's... Kmart accepted the return. I would return it to another Kmart, as defective.

of course my kmart had the coupons and a copy of resistance.. But of course it was marked at 59.99. Complain to the man in the electronics department showing them their own catalog that showed Resistance as a Greatest Hit but he didnt know what a Greatest Hit was so he asked some other lady who was a total bi*ch to me saying that if the register was ringing up as $59.99 then that was the price I was goin to pay.. I gave up on those 2 low lifes and went to customer service and talked to the manager there who did what he could but still said that the game was $59.99 because the PLC was not adjusted yet. He said the game should ring up cheaper because i showed him the catalog that had Resistance as a Greatest Hit and he agreed with me. He said the PLCs should be adjusted today but they werent and to come back Thursday. Guh.. On a brighter note I complained about the one lady there who was very rude. He told me they had complaints about her already and he would have a talk with her *aka firing hopefully*

man fuck kmart... i had to wait for 30 minutes for someone to finally help me. I asked 3 employees for help and all they did was ask for assistance over the pa system. I got so fed up with waiting that by the time i got help and found out that the game was coming up at 59.99 I just threw it back and left.

Thanks OP. Picked up the last copy of Resistance and the next to last copy of Motorstorm at the Des Plaines, IL store. Both games actually rang up as $59.99 but I nicely told the employee that these should be $29.99. She pulled a sheet out from under the counter (I'm guessing its for pricing updates) to check if either game was cheaper now and she updated the price of both games to $29.99. Had a hard time finding the Entertainment guide at first but if anyone is wondering, its in the electronics department by the cash wrap in a small box with some other clearance games. After coupons I got both games for just under $44.

[quote name='themidnighter23']man fuck kmart... i had to wait for 30 minutes for someone to finally help me. I asked 3 employees for help and all they did was ask for assistance over the pa system. I got so fed up with waiting that by the time i got help and found out that the game was coming up at 59.99 I just threw it back and left.[/quote]

yeah...i went to 2 different k-marts (Jax, FL) over the weekend and there were NO employees to be found to open the glass case at either location. i had to search up and down the aisles and finally found some lady stocking shelves to get somebody over the pa system after 15-20 minutes.
anyways...the first k-mart had stacks of coupon books, but no Resistance. at the 2nd k-mart again they had stacks of coupons and about 3-4 copies of resistance. the game was priced at $59.99, but rang up as $29.99. total was 21.39 after coupon.

[quote name='Advocatus']I learned this lesson the hard way with Half-Life 2 at Circuit City. I have since taught myself to check to make sure it's the foil type wrapping and NOT shrinkwrap. Shrinkwrap = some ghetto asswipe, Foil = real game, not returned.

I hope you can get it squared away. I have no idea why they have you calling Sony, as it's clearly Kmart's fault and not Sony's... Kmart accepted the return. I would return it to another Kmart, as defective.[/quote]

Thanks for the support...! The manager was nothing short of insulting, acknowledging the problem had happened in the past at that location, all the while not being concerned at all that it was HIS store that inevitably sold the faulty product. I had to spend 45 minutes on the phone, mostly on hold, with Sony, before they gave me the proper return information, all the while Kmart skirted the issue when I called back, and he told me, after a ten minute wait mind you, that the other shrinkwrapped copy, as he said, did in fact have a game inside the box.

Kmart service is pretty much ghetto. I don't know how they even stay manage to stay in business with the people they hire for these stores. They are no help at all.

lessons learned from this bull malarky

1. fuck kmart until they have $1 layaways
2. Get A Manager...
3. ladies shouldnt work electronics..I KEED, I KEED

Got my copy today of Resistance today (last one), thanks to a kind member in here who sent me a coupon!

And God damn, K-Mart electronics department workers know less than nothing about anything.

There are two Kmarts in my area (near Baltimore). The first one had no Resistance.. The second one had ONE copy of Resistance and it wasn't the "Greatest Hits" packaging. It rang up at 59.99 and the cashier would not price adjust. I found the manager and she too refused. Unreal. Not to mention both stores are dreary and tired, and I usually never go into an Kmarts.

This latest go-round only confirms my feelings for this chain of stores.

But I will try again as the electronics clerk at the first Kmart told me they should get more copies of Resistance in soon.

Of course I never would have known about this 10 dollar off coupon if it weren't for you wonderful CAG'ers. I have been waiting for a good price on Resistance, and I really enjoy coming across posts like this one.

Thanks guys

bread's done
Back