Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days - Out Now

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
kane-lynch-2-dog-days-20091215084210892_640w.jpg

I had no hype whatsoever for Kane and Lynch 2. After playing the demo, I can't wait. If you haven't played the demo yet, text the phrase "dogdays" to 72579. The demo is 1.4gb and includes a single player mode, an arcade mode and three multiplayer modes over XBox Live. I can't wait for this game now. Hopefully this will be the engine that powers the new Hitman game as well.

The camera might get a little disorienting for some, but it felt right for me. I also love how
it blurs out the face when you shoot a civilian
. The "buffering" screen instead of loading screen is a nice touch as well and gives it the documentary feel that they were going for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure you send a text with STOP to the same text address, otherwise you won't opt out for whatever text spam they might send you.

Thanks for the advice shrike.

And this game is so great looking. I played it at E3 and was surprised how cool it looked. Awesome that they are putting the entire E3 demo out.

Can't believe Kirby beat this game for best graphics in most online sites.

I'm buying this for the multiplayer alone. K&L1 had one of the best multiplayer modes this generation.

[quote name='Chuplayer']It won't be Kane and Lynch if somebody doesn't get fired. Who is it going to be this time?[/QUOTE]

Haha. If the end result is anything half as great as Giant Bomb then we all win.

The demo has some real potential. The feeling is pretty good and the angle of the camera makes you feel like its a real TV show but there is something missing... I need to play a bit more but its leaning towards being enough to convince me to buy.

Wow, you would think they would have fixed the inconsistent cover that was problematic in the first game. Even when you're behind cover on some surfaces, like concrete walls, you can still get shot. Regardless, its the first time I've tried MP and I'm sucked in! Fragile Alliance is awesome fun. I may just get it for that.

I tried texting and it said "Sorry there are no more codes available". Then I tried logging into the site and now it wants me to sign up for a Square Enix site to see if I can be one of the "lucky winners".

WTF, do you want me to play your damn game or not?

[quote name='dastly75']Played the demo, think I'll pass. Singularity is much more enticing.[/QUOTE]

Singularity is riddled with bugs. Here's what happened to me. Had a fun new one today, too.. I aged one of the enemies and blew him up.. when I did, his limbs were scattered, but his torso remained in the place that I blew him up at. His limbs had long lines connecting back to his torso. His body never disappeared, it just stayed stretched out like that too.

It's kind of a fun game, I had way more fun with the K&L demo, but to each their own. I haven't tried Singularity's multiplayer yet, though.

Hell yeah. I cant wait for this game. I was one of the few that actually really like the first game.

played the demo yesterday.. the camera at first is a little funny but its something i could get used to

im def picking this up when it drop

Awesome demo. I played the single and multiplayer modes last night. I love the camera style, it really makes the game feel very unique. I like the first game too, but had a big problem with the controls. I didn't feel the same with this game. I thought the controls were very well done. This is a day one pre-order for me.

I tried texting the number and it said "No more codes were available" which is some shit. I hated the first Kane and Lynch like many others, but have heard good things about this sequel. It's stupid that this isn't already on the marketplace because if the sequel is good you'd think they would want to get as many people aboard the demo as possible. I won't buy this game until I play it, these contests for demo codes are so stupid.

I really like the camera and the multiplayer is fun. Love how they have the videos at the beginning to explain how it works, though I was still pretty lost once we started.

[quote name='Sigma']I tried texting the number and it said "No more codes were available" which is some shit. I hated the first Kane and Lynch like many others, but have heard good things about this sequel. It's stupid that this isn't already on the marketplace because if the sequel is good you'd think they would want to get as many people aboard the demo as possible. I won't buy this game until I play it, these contests for demo codes are so stupid.[/QUOTE]

Well since the demo will go out to everyone before the game comes out anyway, that shouldn't be a problem for you.

After playing a few hours of multiplayer and going through the single-player portion, I think this is definitely better than the first game. Still, there's something imprecise about the shooting and cover that I don't like. Also running into some dumb AI. It seems like every other enemy is intent on taking cover on the wrong side of things, leaving him wide open to be shot.

Well I finally played the thing thanks to a fellow CAG, and I'm loving it.

Single player is definitely a step up from the original, the Collateral/Miami Vice Michael Mann handheld camera style really works and adds intensity and chaos to the shootouts. It's hilarious playing as the bald, tubby guy in a wife-beater that is Lynch (I wonder if you get to go on psychotic kill rampages at any point in the game).

Multiplayer is also fun, strangely everyone seems to be playing Undercover cop, which is mostly the same as fragile alliance except with FA, you might get nobody turning on you, but in Cop mode, you know somebody is going to turn on you at some point, so you need to watch your back. I like how at the start it shows everybody's "reputation" for loyalty, so you can make a mental note who to keep an eye on. There was one guy who had a ranking of "Scum" (lol) and let's just say that his reputation was no lie. So yeah this is a really enjoyable form of multiplayer, but of course you're going to get the occasional douchebag who starts shooting at everyone right from the start, but once you weed out the idiots and get a good friend list of players, this can be a lot of fun. I'm getting this Day One!

I have an extra demo code I'd like to give away somebody here that wants one, so just post here and I'll send it to you via PM. No newbies or lurkers.

If you didn't get a code, the demo is available for everyone now (Gold members only for the first week I assume). Single player wasn't that exciting. The camera is interesting, but made me sick more than anything else. The fragile alliance multiplayer mode is pretty fun though.

the demo is dope. i loved K&L1 and i love how this game looks. pre ordering very soon from amazon to get my gun unlock and graphic novel and $10 off future purchase. i also have $30 in amazon credit so 30 bones for K&L2 for me not bad at all.

This the first time I've ever had to think twice that a scene was actually rendered. The graphics are utterly AMAZING. I didn't think much of the first game other than it was worth beating as I bought a copy after the MP scene was long dead but this one is probably going to be a day one purchase. I just wish I could find more matches so I can get the hang of DA. I just got screwed out of over a mil by the last surviving member of my crew and couldn't disable his getaway van fast enough to get even. ;\

I havent been able to wait long enough to play one. But the game is sweet as hell, day 1 purchase from me.

I loved the first one and I am sure to love this one.

I liked the cinematic stuff and the style, but the gameplay is balls. Guns are very inaccurate and getting knocked down is annoying.

I was pleasantly surprised by this demo. I did not like the first game. Good to see there stepping up to plate with the money they made.

Don't think I'll be buying it day one, but definitely somewhere down the line when it hits 30 bones.

I played the demo and found it unnecessarily hard. I was playing on normal and died 3 times in the chinese restaurant. Also it played like the Army of two: 40th day demo.

[quote name='gbpackers94']I played the demo and found it unnecessarily hard. I was playing on normal and died 3 times in the chinese restaurant. Also it played like the Army of two: 40th day demo.[/QUOTE]

yup, agreed.

Kane and Lynch 2 didn't get a special edition because it didn't sell enough copies for the sequel to get one. Plus the overall mediocre reviews perhaps as well?

Had to readjust my post now since it got relocated...

[quote name='bardockkun']Kane and Lynch 2 didn't get a special edition because it didn't sell enough copies for the sequel to get one. Plus the overall mediocre reviews perhaps as well?[/QUOTE]
to bad the mediocre reviews didn't stop the movie from being made

K and L one was a average SP action game with a very unique and fun MP. The game was slightly above average at best and the scores support this. It was ruined by the internets ability to over react to everything to child like levels.

That guy loosing his job (which was never confirmed) because he didnt want to change the score was one thing and didnt really have anything to do with the game itself.

This 2nd one seems like more of the same...a slightly above average at best SP with a cool spin the on MP. Day 1 buy for me because I loved both of them.

The movie will probably be a generic action movie no different than the other hundred that came out. What I dont understand is 90% of people didnt even like K and L (most because they sheep on the bandwagon of instant hate when that guy got fired, doubt they even played the game) but when the movie was announced they still complained about it.

The movie will be fine...and Jamie Foxx is better than 99% of any other actor that has been in a video game based movie. Which is a good thing, lets hope that a movie based off a game can continue to attract better talent in the future.

Just a heads up, this thing is getting panned.. Destructoid gave it a 1/10 (they gave Deadly Premonition a 10/10, so..), Eurogamer gave it a 4/10, giantbomb gave it a 2/5, IGN gave it a 7/10.. and I'm hearing it's only 3 and a half hours long!

Still excited to play it, though, it's on the way from Gamefly

bread's done
Back