Kansas CAG Thread

[quote name='Johnny 5!']I just got a Sam's Club membership and I will keep tabs on game prices when I go. I went last Saturday and didn't see anything of much interest. Got my eye on Resistance 2 CE though (can't remember the price).

I'll keep you all posted as best I can. Also, I don't mind picking up something for those that don't have Sam's Club memberships and you reimbursing me. Just let me know what to look for and your price point.[/QUOTE]

Thanks... i just checked out the sams at 95th near oak park mall couple days ago... pretty poor i was disappointed =/

The one at 135th has been better, haven't visited there in a while though.

[quote name='tripleoptic']Thanks... i just checked out the sams at 95th near oak park mall couple days ago... pretty poor i was disappointed =/

The one at 135th has been better, haven't visited there in a while though.[/QUOTE]

That's the one I visited last Saturday, I'll have to give the 135th one a look soon. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='tripleoptic']Thanks... i just checked out the sams at 95th near oak park mall couple days ago... pretty poor i was disappointed =/

The one at 135th has been better, haven't visited there in a while though.[/QUOTE]

That's the one I visited last Saturday, I'll have to give the 135th one a look soon. Thanks for the heads up!

Sam's at 95th and I-35 had some sweet deals! Picked up Resistance 2 CE for 39.xx and :ps3: Fallout 3 CE for 29.xx.

Other deals:
:ps3: Guitar Hero: Metallica 19.xx
:360::ps3: Rock Band (game only) 9.xx
:360: The Club 9.xx

There just hasn't been much around the area lately.

Though, just of note. If anyone was curious, I price-matched 3 copies of Beatles: Rock Band at the Best Buy on Metcalf last night with the Microcenter print out without any issue.

Hey was there any chance they had GH Metallica for the 360? I was waiting til it dropped below $20 to pick it up.

[quote name='Johnny 5!']Sam's at 95th and I-35 had some sweet deals! Picked up Resistance 2 CE for 39.xx and :ps3: Fallout 3 CE for 29.xx.

Other deals:
:ps3: Guitar Hero: Metallica 19.xx
:360::ps3: Rock Band (game only) 9.xx
:360: The Club 9.xx[/QUOTE]

If no one's noticed MicroCenter has been giving away a $50 gift card with any Xbox Pro or Elite you buy. I got mine at the OP MC last night and picked up some essentially free games with the gift card. They don't actually give you the gift card. They knock $50 off the price of the Xbox and make you pay for the gift card. Probably some accounting/tax thing.

Sadly their used game selection sucks even more than it used to. One of the sales guys said they've started sending the used games they get into some company that sends them the same game back only with a fresh disc/box/manual and a higher price tag.

I looked for it but didn't see it the other day. I actually went back the following day that I bought my games to pick my friend up some of the CE stuff and I didn't even see the PS3 version any more. I might have missed it though. It appeared a lot more of the PS3 stuff was marked down compared to the 360.

[quote name='pinebarrens']Hey was there any chance they had GH Metallica for the 360? I was waiting til it dropped below $20 to pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Was at Nebraska Furniture Mart today and saw they had Klonoa (Wii) and Deadly Creatures (Wii) for $9.86 each on clearance. Deadly Creatures was on the Wii shelf and Klonoa was in the clearance bin.

I haven't lived here for long so I'm going to ask, are the gaming sales around here normally this dry? Back in Tennessee I could find cheap games without looking most of the time, but here it seems kind of like nothing I want is ever discounted.

I think this past year finding great sales have dwindled, and this thread slowing down quite a bit doesn't help matters (one of the thread's main contributors moved to a different state).

Where did you find most of your gaming deals in Tennessee?

Here, I've been mainly relying on:

Target Clearances
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Microcenter
Blockbuster (their sales/stock have gone done drastically in the past couple of years)
Best Buy sales (occasionally there will be good clearances)
Sears/K-mart clearances
Pawn Shops

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I haven't lived here for long so I'm going to ask, are the gaming sales around here normally this dry? Back in Tennessee I could find cheap games without looking most of the time, but here it seems kind of like nothing I want is ever discounted.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to say there is not much around here other than the occasional YMMV sale that you happen across. I have discovered that when there is a good national deal, the stock is gone at the stores first thing. I firmly believe that there are a few EBayers or hoarders that hit the stores in a very organized fashion as soon as they open for the best deals. It's gotten to the point that I don't even bother going to Best Buy for a very good sale, even a couple hours after they open.

[quote name='rperez1025']I think this past year finding great sales have dwindled, and this thread slowing down quite a bit doesn't help matters (one of the thread's main contributors moved to a different state).

Where did you find most of your gaming deals in Tennessee?

Here, I've been mainly relying on:

Target Clearances
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Microcenter
Blockbuster (their sales/stock have gone done drastically in the past couple of years)
Best Buy sales (occasionally there will be good clearances)
Sears/K-mart clearances
Pawn Shops[/QUOTE]

I used to find all my deals at:
GameCrazy
Kmart/Sears Clearance
Movie Gallery

I never really had to buy anywhere else outside of those places. GameCrazy had such insane sales before I left Tennessee that I've had a major backlog of games up until this last month and that's what prompted me to venture outside the homestead searching for deals. Sears here doesn't sell games sadly, so I think I'm going to take a trip to Manhattan to check out the prices around there. I used to make major killings with Sears clearance because I worked at Kmart and the Employee discount made great, amazingly great game deals easy to come by.

I hadn't thought of checking pawn shops before now, though. I probably should sometime this week while I'm out. There are quite a few around here.

I'm sorry to say there is not much around here other than the occasional YMMV sale that you happen across. I have discovered that when there is a good national deal, the stock is gone at the stores first thing. I firmly believe that there are a few EBayers or hoarders that hit the stores in a very organized fashion as soon as they open for the best deals. It's gotten to the point that I don't even bother going to Best Buy for a very good sale, even a couple hours after they open.

That's exactly what happens to me! I live at Fort Riley and seriously, no matter what sale it is, I can never seem to make good enough time to the store to get anything good. It's kind of ridiculous.

[quote name='rperez1025']Was at Nebraska Furniture Mart today and saw they had Klonoa (Wii) and Deadly Creatures (Wii) for $9.86 each on clearance. Deadly Creatures was on the Wii shelf and Klonoa was in the clearance bin.[/QUOTE]

I already have Deadly Creatures but I would love to get Klonoa for that price. I will have to stop by out there.

[quote name='Collectorguy00']Anyone have any luck with the Best Buy glitch?[/QUOTE]

What glitch are you referring to? I've been out of the loop for a while.

[quote name='Johnny 5!']What glitch are you referring to? I've been out of the loop for a while.[/QUOTE]

BB was having their B2G1 sale this last week and it was discovered that if you put the most expensive game in the middle of two other games you would get the one that cost more for free. IE if you bought Rock Revolution for the 360 for $5, Borderlands for the 360 for $60 and Rock Revolution for the PS3 for $5 they would give you Borderlands for free. It only worked if they rung them up in that specific order though.

[quote name='Collectorguy00']BB was having their B2G1 sale this last week and it was discovered that if you put the most expensive game in the middle of two other games you would get the one that cost more for free. IE if you bought Rock Revolution for the 360 for $5, Borderlands for the 360 for $60 and Rock Revolution for the PS3 for $5 they would give you Borderlands for free. It only worked if they rung them up in that specific order though.[/QUOTE]

Sounds pretty dishonest to me to do that, especially if you knew about it so I would have an issue with doing that personally. Not saying you did it of course just those that did. There's a big difference between being cheap and ripping people off, sadly those lines are getting blurred :(

I haven't seen too many good deals lately although several Targets are putting Wolverine for the 360 on clearance (at $29.98 now I believe) and I'm waiting for that 14.98 price point.

I don't know, I was going to do it to get Borderlands and I wouldn't have felt bad because it was a mess up on their end. Now, the people who did it 30+ times just to turn around and sell them at full price are POS and I would agree with you in that case.

Anyways, Target has a coupon out right now that is $10 off when you buy 2 games so you can get some cheap clearance games. Which Targets do you hit up? I can let you know the prices of the games in Topeka and in Manhattan/Lawrence but I only get around to checking them every so often.

[quote name='Collectorguy00']I don't know, I was going to do it to get Borderlands and I wouldn't have felt bad because it was a mess up on their end. Now, the people who did it 30+ times just to turn around and sell them at full price are POS and I would agree with you in that case.

Anyways, Target has a coupon out right now that is $10 off when you buy 2 games so you can get some cheap clearance games. Which Targets do you hit up? I can let you know the prices of the games in Topeka and in Manhattan/Lawrence but I only get around to checking them every so often.[/QUOTE]

Mostly the Targets in Olathe and Overland Park. I'm actually in Gardner but we don't have a Target. I will have to look into that $10 coupon although I really shouldn't spend any more money on games for a while lol. Thanks for the heads up!

Just took at look at NFM's ad for this week and Brutal Legend is $25. But for some reason the ad expires on 12/30, NFM always has funky ad dates.

NFM has a New Years Day sale going on Friday from 10-2. Infamous will be $18.99 and Tekken 6 will be $27.99. Really good price for Infamous. Check the yellow ad on the website for more deals ($19.99 for Scribblenauts).

December 31 is the last post? Are the deals really that dead around here?

I haven't seen anything but some bad games at the target clearance.

[quote name='ospriteo']December 31 is the last post? Are the deals really that dead around here?

I haven't seen anything but some bad games at the target clearance.[/QUOTE]
Yep, deals are completely dead here. Only thing I've found between Riley, Junnction City, Manhattan, and Topeka is Singstar Queen (PS3) for 15 bucks at Target. there is nothing here.

I haven't found much of anything in the KC Metro area.

The only thing of note, at Microcenter last week I found several new copies of the Canadian Superman Returns DVD steelbook. They had them in the generic movie rack tagged at 9.99 each.

Picked one up for myself, nice random surprise to find.

I think they still had 4-5 copies.

I usually hit the Northland in the KC Metro area. Stopped in at the Liberty Super Target. I didn't see much in the way of games but if you're in the market for a GPS they had several on clearance some marked down to 1/2 off.

Well, I did stop by the Blockbuster on SanteFe and Mur-Len out in Olathe, where they've got a buy one get one free sale on their lawn, but about the only thing worth mentioning was Wet for 19.99.

Went into the Overland Park Best Buy off of Metcalf and they had multiple bins of PS2, PS3, PSP, DS, Wii and 360 games for 50% off the sticker price. I scored :ps3: Burnout Paradise, :ps3: Army of Two and :360: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood for $10 each.

I saw GH5, GH:Metallica, A Boy and his Blob, Riddick, Dirt 2 and others in the bins all ranging from $10-$25. I think I might have got the last Burnout and Call of Juarez as I didn't see any more in there. Might be worth a trip to see if there's anything there you all want.

[quote name='jaredstorm']How random, anyone around Wichita know of any places with grand 'ol deals?[/QUOTE]

Finally, another Wichita CAG. :applause:

Most of the posters in this thread have been located in the NE part of the state, so a lot of the finds don't apply to us. (Why, oh why, can't Wichita have a Microcenter?)

I have a tough time finding anything in Wichita beyond national deals at big-box retailers like BB. The Kmart on Kellogg used to be a gold mine for great clearances, but they've since moved almost everything in their glass case. And the selection has since been picked over.

Other than that, with the closing of Circuit City, we've pretty much lost out on a lot of good local stuff. Most of my good finds lately have been limited to online deals and trades. Sometimes I do get lucky at Toys 'R Us, though.

I live in KCMO, but I travel to Wichita every other week for work.

CD Tradepost is a great place to find some steals on used games. They have great deals, sales, and staff. The one on Central and Ridge (in the Gordman's parking lot) is the best one in the city.

You can also check their website www.cdtradepost.com to see what the stores have in stock.

For new games, you may have to stick with the big box retailers.

I didn't know that cd trade post had a website that you could use to check inventory. I am a little concerned that it knows my location without me having to type in my zip.

But yeah, I second everyone else's thoughts on lack of deals in Wichita. If only TJ Maxx sold old video games too....

I live north of the river in KC and usually check out the stores between Liberty and Zona Rosa. I haven't found much worth mentioning for several months.

I haven't found much worth mentioning for several months.

I live down in OP and work in south KC, so I'm checking all over this end of the metro all the time.

Just hasn't been anything good in a long time.

[quote name='The Tick']I live down in OP and work in south KC, so I'm checking all over this end of the metro all the time.

Just hasn't been anything good in a long time.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, the best deal I've gotten in months wasn't even game related. I found a Belkin HDTV kit on clearance down from $40 for $9.98 at Target. It came with (2) HDMI cables and some sort of electronics cleaning spray w/ cloth.

I'll see some games go on clearance at Target that I wouldn't mind having but lately they don't last past the first drop with is usually a less than impressive 15% off.

I did just think of something worth mentioning.

I'm not sure if you guys up in the north end of the metro have any GAMECOs, but it might be worth checking into if you want an early copy of Halo: Reach.

3 years ago for the launch of Halo 3 the GAMECOs in OP and Olathe broke street date a day early but were charging a $10 kicker to pick it up (so $69.99).

Not sure if they're doing it with Reach, or if $10 extra for an early copy is worth it to most, but just something to keep in mind.

They offered up the same deal for me for a few titles so I bet they'll do it again. Although paying $10 for getting it a day early seems like a bit much for me. ;)

[quote name='The Tick']I did just think of something worth mentioning.

I'm not sure if you guys up in the north end of the metro have any GAMECOs, but it might be worth checking into if you want an early copy of Halo: Reach.

3 years ago for the launch of Halo 3 the GAMECOs in OP and Olathe broke street date a day early but were charging a $10 kicker to pick it up (so $69.99).

Not sure if they're doing it with Reach, or if $10 extra for an early copy is worth it to most, but just something to keep in mind.[/QUOTE]

That sounds illegal to me, at the very least dishonest. I've purchased some reasonably good games for $10 so it is definitely not worth it to me.

I also haven't seen many deals around lately but then again I've kind of given up on shopping at B&M stores. The internet is so much more convenient :)

[quote name='The Tick']...3 years ago for the launch of Halo 3 the GAMECOs in OP and Olathe broke street date a day early but were charging a $10 kicker to pick it up (so $69.99)...[/QUOTE]

The GAMECO outside of the mall in OP is going out of business at the end of this month. There prices were absolutely absurd, so this isn't some big surprise or anything.

bread's done
Back