Kansas CAG Thread

[quote name='schuerm26']The GAMECO outside of the mall in OP is going out of business at the end of this month. There prices were absolutely absurd, so this isn't some big surprise or anything.[/QUOTE]

Do you know if they are doing any sales to get rid of the games? And are you talking about that one by Babies/TRU? Cause if it is, I'm not shocked. They had a lousy selection and bad prices. Only Gameco I think is left is the one in the Great Mall.

[quote name='schuerm26']The GAMECO outside of the mall in OP is going out of business at the end of this month. There prices were absolutely absurd, so this isn't some big surprise or anything.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='4thHorseman']I'm not shocked. They had a lousy selection and bad prices. Only Gameco I think is left is the one in the Great Mall.[/QUOTE]

I'm on board with you two, that companies business strategy has always been terrible. Other than Olathe there's one down in Pittsburg KS. Wonder how long they will last.

On some actual deal related news, I picked up a cherry used copy of Crackdown 2 at the Olathe Half Price Books last night for $20.
There was a good looking copy of Read Dead Redemption for 360 for $30, and a pretty decent looking Alan Wake CE for $44 when I left if anyone's interested.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/vgm/1945101850.html

AMECO at 11736 W 95TH ST 913-894-8898, Across from Oak Park Mall in front of Toys R Us is CLOSING SEPT. 30th. 2010,
Everything is 25%-50% OFF. GAMES, ACCESSORIES, SYTEMS, EVERYTHING MUST GO!!!!!!!!

SYTEMS & ACCESSORIES 25% OFF

GAME & MOVIE SOFTWARE AS FOLLOWS
XBOX 360 25% OFF
PS3 25% OFF
Wii 25% OFF
DS, DS LITE, DSi 25% OFF
PSP 25% OFF
PS2 50% OFF
XBOX ORIG 50% OFF
SEGA GENESIS 50% OFF
NES 25% OFF
SNES 25% OFF
N64 25% OFF
DVD 25% OFF
BLU RAY 25% OFF
HD DVD 50% OFF
GAMEBOY 25% OFF
GAMEBOY ADVANCE 25% OFF
PS1 25% OFF
SHELVES, COUNTERS, DISPLAY CASES, WIRE RACKS, DESK, SHRINK WRAP MACHINES, OPEN SIGN,

PEPSI AND COCA COLA COOLERS NOT FOR SALE( I DO NOT OWN THEM)

Problem is that even 50% off at Gameco barely gets it to where the normal price should have been.

[quote name='The Tick']I'm on board with you two, that companies business strategy has always been terrible. Other than Olathe there's one down in Pittsburg KS. Wonder how long they will last.

On some actual deal related news, I picked up a cherry used copy of Crackdown 2 at the Olathe Half Price Books last night for $20.
There was a good looking copy of Read Dead Redemption for 360 for $30, and a pretty decent looking Alan Wake CE for $44 when I left if anyone's interested.[/QUOTE]

Ha. I was there the other day and saw all three of those. Almost bought the Crackdown 2 but decided not to because I didn't really care for the demo.

Wow that's a pretty solid deal! I'm going to have to give Half Price Books a look more often.

[quote name='The Tick']...On some actual deal related news, I picked up a cherry used copy of Crackdown 2 at the Olathe Half Price Books last night for $20.There was a good looking copy of Read Dead Redemption for 360 for $30, and a pretty decent looking Alan Wake CE for $44 when I left if anyone's interested.[/QUOTE]

Manhattan CAG here.

Have to second CD Tradepost for games, blu-rays, etc. What's great is that they can ship an item to your house for $2 from any of their stores, and then they give you a $2 voucher code for your next purchase. Plus you get store credit on everything you buy if you're an all access member. Granted it's only like 5% per item, but I've racked up $40 a few times.

Otherwise had a lot of luck with Craigslist. There's often lots of soldiers who are getting deployed and need their games gone fast. I remember picking up Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV Liberty City Stories (both for PS3) about a month after release for $20 a piece from a guy. For those that feel I was taking advantage, I didn't haggle. That's the price the guy offered.

Last edited by a moderator:
KC CAGs

I saw at Kmart at 95th an Metcalf they have a new Guitar Hero World Tour Bundle (Game, Wireless Guitar, Mic, Wireless Drums) for PS3 clearanced for $50. They had one left. Not a bad deal if you are looking to pick up cheap instruments for PS3.

Of course, with RB 3 coming out on Tuesday, you might defer to all the newer instruments. Looks sweet, but the pro stuff costs a lot

->Ryu4096

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it; however, Play'nTrade (in Belton) fixes the RROD for $40. That's the good news. The bad news is that mine RRing'd again 14 days after the 30 repair warranty expired.

So...this time I fixed it with some youtube instructions and a $3 tube of thermal gel from Radio Shack (I already had the torx screwdrivers). The Play n Trade fix will work, but not necessarily for a long time.

I'm just too cheap to upgrade to a slim yet. Maybe on the next RROD.

I also have to recommend CD Tradepost for DVD and Blu-Ray sales (mainly because I work there, if you live in Topeka, come to the Wanamaker store sometime and say hi). If you have an All Access card, you qualify for B2G1 on all DVDs, Blu Rays, and music CDs quite often (we've been doing it for the last few months, not sure what the All Access deal will be for February yet).

Also, the Wanamaker store got robbed recently. If you have any game systems or PS3 games to get rid of, bring them in.

[/unpaidadvertisement]

[quote name='umcthomas']I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it; however, Play'nTrade (in Belton) fixes the RROD for $40. That's the good news. The bad news is that mine RRing'd again 14 days after the 30 repair warranty expired.

So...this time I fixed it with some youtube instructions and a $3 tube of thermal gel from Radio Shack (I already had the torx screwdrivers). The Play n Trade fix will work, but not necessarily for a long time.

I'm just too cheap to upgrade to a slim yet. Maybe on the next RROD.[/QUOTE]

Woah. There is a Play n Trade in Belton now? Where is it located? I only know the main road with the blockbuster, gamestop and vintage stock.

[quote name='Luriden']I also have to recommend CD Tradepost for DVD and Blu-Ray sales (mainly because I work there, if you live in Topeka, come to the Wanamaker store sometime and say hi). If you have an All Access card, you qualify for B2G1 on all DVDs, Blu Rays, and music CDs quite often (we've been doing it for the last few months, not sure what the All Access deal will be for February yet).

Also, the Wanamaker store got robbed recently. If you have any game systems or PS3 games to get rid of, bring them in.

[/unpaidadvertisement][/QUOTE]

CD Tradepost was always a mixed bag - you never knew what you might find but I got some great treasures at the couple in Lawrence. I wish they had them in Indy, where I am now.

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']CD Tradepost was always a mixed bag - you never knew what you might find but I got some great treasures at the couple in Lawrence. I wish they had them in Indy, where I am now.

SI[/QUOTE]

The CD Tradepost in Wichita (Central and Ridge Location) is incredible. The manager there is always great and helps you find what you are looking for. I got Grand Turismo 5 for 35.99 there (no discount).

Plus the All Access card has amazing deals.

Oh, the people who worked there were pretty cool. I was meaning the stock was a mixed bag. It's a college town and subject to seasonal whims- low stock early in the year after people got their financial aid. And then higher throughout the semester as people sold off media for beer money. But if you were patient, you could get some good stuff.

SI

Heads-up if any of you KC gents are interested.
The Target off 119th and Strang Line in Olathe had 2 copies of the Starcraft 2: CE on clearance. Just just hit, so they were sitting around $70.

A lot better then ebay prices.

I used to find all kinds of great deals at Target but in the past year or so it seems like everything disappears before it can drop below the 15% mark in the electronics section. Either that or the stores aren't letting it sit there as long as they used to.

Yeah i been going to CD tradepost for years, untill just recently (year) i found a place called Buy Backs in wichita, kansas. And damn they have awesome deals on Blurays and games.

The more stock they have, the better the price. Like if they have 5 copies of INCEPTION on bluray, the 5th copie will be 4 dollars cheaper. excellent way to move stock. :) games are same way!

[quote name='schuerm26']does cd tradepost sell strategy guides?[/QUOTE]
I don't think so. I have never seen any when I visited their locations.

[quote name='big_erk']Where are all of the Kansas City CAGs?[/QUOTE]

One right here...

There haven't been many recent CAG worthy deals in the metro area for awhile. At least none that I've seen.

Well the only other older used game shop is gone too mojo or maybe has one location now. I think most all of Gameco's shops are gone at least.

[quote name='Sarang01']Well the only other older used game shop is gone too mojo or maybe has one location now. I think most all of Gameco's shops are gone at least.[/QUOTE]

only gameco left is on N. Oak up in the Northland. Maybe the Paola one but no clue. Way to far of a drive for me.

The N. Oak one still has ridiculous prices. Wouldn't be shocked if they were gone very soon also.

Not sure if anyone has been following the Target PSN+ thread but I was able to get this deal at Chouteau Target off of I-35 in the northland. I grabbed a couple of the 1 year PSN + cards, took them up to the front checkout, showed them the ad, and they adjusted the price.

I doubt its much of a secret nor do I really expect some awesome deals since its pretty easy to box video games up and move them to another location but Best Buy is closing a store in the Northland. The one on Barry Road. (aka the Best Buy next to old Metro North Mall.)

I'm rather surprised to see it go... It was/is a far better store than the one in Liberty and/or the one close to Zona Rosa/Board Walk. Its also one of the original Best Buy stores. Number 37. (Liberty is 768 and the Zona Rosa one is in the mid 1500's.)

Anyhow, the store is closed right now but opening on Thursday (10 AM) to start selling stuff off.

Again... Not really expecting anything great game wise but hopefully I'm wrong. :)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I doubt its much of a secret nor do I really expect some awesome deals since its pretty easy to box video games up and move them to another location but Best Buy is closing a store in the Northland. The one on Barry Road. (aka the Best Buy next to old Metro North Mall.)

I'm rather surprised to see it go... It was/is a far better store than the one in Liberty and/or the one close to Zona Rosa/Board Walk. Its also one of the original Best Buy stores. Number 37. (Liberty is 768 and the Zona Rosa one is in the mid 1500's.)

Anyhow, the store is closed right now but opening on Thursday (10 AM) to start selling stuff off.

Again... Not really expecting anything great game wise but hopefully I'm wrong. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got an e-mail about it the other day. It said they would have deep discounts on open box merchandise beginning on Thursday. I would imagine they can just transfer all of the new stuff to the other stores but have to sell off all of the floor units and maybe like open box return items from Christmas. I was thinking about swinging by after work and checking it out. I would love to find a good deal on a new desktop tower.

[quote name='Chitown021']Yeah, I got an e-mail about it the other day. It said they would have deep discounts on open box merchandise beginning on Thursday. I would imagine they can just transfer all of the new stuff to the other stores but have to sell off all of the floor units and maybe like open box return items from Christmas. I was thinking about swinging by after work and checking it out. I would love to find a good deal on a new desktop tower.[/QUOTE]

Let me (us) know what you find today when you go... (like if they do have video games on discount) I'm just not going to be able to make it today.

If anyone goes by that Best Buy sale this afternoon and wants to either post or PM what's going on I would appreciate it. I am planning on stopping by there after work but won't get there until around 6. I'm primarily hunting for a computer. If the discounts or the selection if crappy then it would save me a trip.

Yeah, I don't go to Gameco. There is a Vintage Stock in Zona Rosa though.

No way, this is news to me about that Best Buy across the street from Metro North Mall?! Might have to see if they're even still open.

The Toys 'R Us next door to it screwed me over so many times over the years with poor service that I've been shopping at that Best Buy.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Yeah, I don't go to Gameco. There is a Vintage Stock in Zona Rosa though.

No way, this is news to me about that Best Buy across the street from Metro North Mall?! Might have to see if they're even still open.

The Toys 'R Us next door to it screwed me over so many times over the years with poor service that I've been shopping at that Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

I think Best Buy is completely closed now. If I remember right the e-mail I got said they were going to start clearing out all inventory and would close on Feb 15th or whenever they sold everything off. Whichever came first.

There is a new game store named Gamers Paradise on State Line & 76th St. It's the same shopping center with HyVee and BlockBuster. Well, except BlockBuster is gone now.

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']There is a new game store named Gamers Paradise on State Line & 76th St. It's the same shopping center with HyVee and BlockBuster. Well, except BlockBuster is gone now.[/QUOTE]

You been in? If so what are prices like? Hopefully not like GameCo or that other game store that is in Independence and Lees Summit.

[quote name='mojo_12345']are there no ks cag's repoting in anymore.
i could use some help from any wichits cag's if possible.
thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

This thread has been dead for awhile. I live in Kansas City but haven't really run across any really great deals in awhile.

The Wal-Mart off of Boardwalk (in the Northland next to Zona Rosa) had three PS4s and a few XBones this morning.  (One of the XBones was a Titanfall Bundle)

Well I think we need to restart this thread when St.Louis CAG's are putting up posts.  My KC pride always flares up when I see some STL messages.

edit:  Any luck on garage sales around lately?

I'm on board with you two, that companies business strategy has always been terrible. Other than Olathe there's one down in Pittsburg KS. Wonder how long they will last.

There was a good looking copy of Read Dead Redemption for 360 for $30, and a pretty decent looking Alan Wake CE for $44 when I left if anyone's interested.
The Pittsburg store screwed me over when I was a kid, They are the store that taught me that trading is bad for the gamer... SCREW GAMECO... I live in Indiana now, but go back to Fort Scott afew times a year and remember that store every time.

bread's done
Back