Kansas CAG Thread

Stopped by Nebraska Furniture Mart and they had a Manager's Special where Metal Gear Solid 4 is $29.99. The sale ends on 12-07. I was very tempted but I still haven't played 2 or 3 yet.

[quote name='rperez1025']Stopped by Nebraska Furniture Mart and they had a Manager's Special where Metal Gear Solid 4 is $29.99. The sale ends on 12-07. I was very tempted but I still haven't played 2 or 3 yet.[/quote]

Ten Bucks off is not a bad find for this area.:bouncy:

The Blockbuster on 87th in Lenexa has Mass Effect NEW for $20. Maybe I'm behind the times, but I didn't know it sold that low for new yet.

T

For any local CAGs that might be following the RB2 bundle TRU madness I can confirm as of 10:30AM that the TRU by Metro North Mall was honoring the price in the ad. They ran out of the PS3 version but I was able to get it PMed at Wal-Mart. In case anyone was looking to pick one up.

I don't know if this will be helpful to anyone, but my local Walmart (Blue Ridge/Hwy 40) price matched the NFM 12 days ad and gave me GTA IV for $19.99.

Just wanted to pass that along. Happy holidays! :)

If you're looking for GTA 4, you can get it used for 15 bucks, and get another game free with it at blockbuster. Some places are sold out of em though, and others have tons

yep, tried that already but apparently both my Blockbusters are franchise stores so they rung up at $35. I'll just have to wait for a sale on a new copy I guess. Shame the NFM ad is only for the Xbox360 version or I might have tried that.

I don't know if anyone's still looking for a 60 gb ps3, but if you are, there's one at Mission Pawn on Lamar.

(It's a little price-y. I think it was $400 or $425.)

Anyone been to the new Play N Trade in Kansas City yet? It's closer to Kansas and would take me a good 45 mins to drive there. Wondering if it would be worth the trip.

[quote name='controlcommerce']Anyone been to the new Play N Trade in Kansas City yet? It's closer to Kansas and would take me a good 45 mins to drive there. Wondering if it would be worth the trip.[/quote]

Wow, I'm actually interested in that also. I'm tired of only having two shit option available (GS and CD Tradepost) and this would be a nice addition!

[quote name='controlcommerce']Anyone been to the new Play N Trade in Kansas City yet? It's closer to Kansas and would take me a good 45 mins to drive there. Wondering if it would be worth the trip.[/quote]

Is it in Johnson County?

13163 Stateline Road, , Kansas City, Missouri, 64145

It's pretty close to Olathe. From Indepedence it's around a 40 min drive. That's why I'm wondering if it's worth the trip.

Also Collectorguy00, check out the Vintage Stocks in Liberty, Blue Springs or Independence. They are cool if you like classics (NES, Genesis, SNES, ect). No hidden gems though. They know what they have.

The Sears at Metcalf South (95th and Metcalf) has one more copy of the Singstar bundle (PS3, volume 1, with 2 mics). It is clearance priced at $9.97. FYI, it's on the bottom shelf of the system display case behind the PS2 Singstar bundles.

I checked out Play N Trade. Nice little store. They have a tiny retro collection (mostly Atari) in a glass case near the back. Otherwise, they had a decent selection of current games both new and used. I picked up a new copy a SMT: Digital Devil Saga for $29.99 ($5 less than Gamestop's current used price).

Hey, I'm hunting down the best deal for Halo 3- anyone see any clearanced Legendary packs left? They tend to be cheaper than the actual game.

Argh. I went there to find that game a couple weeks ago and it wasn't there.:bomb:

[quote name='chuckx47']The Sears at Metcalf South (95th and Metcalf) has one more copy of the Singstar bundle (PS3, volume 1, with 2 mics). It is clearance priced at $9.97. FYI, it's on the bottom shelf of the system display case behind the PS2 Singstar bundles.

I checked out Play N Trade. Nice little store. They have a tiny retro collection (mostly Atari) in a glass case near the back. Otherwise, they had a decent selection of current games both new and used. I picked up a new copy a SMT: Digital Devil Saga for $29.99 ($5 less than Gamestop's current used price).[/quote]

[quote name='pinebarrens']Argh. I went there to find that game a couple weeks ago and it wasn't there.:bomb:[/quote]

I was really close to missing it myself. Only after looking closely did I notice that the packages in the back were a different color (red vs. blue). An employee had to open up the case before I could verify what it was.

I had to travel to Jefferson City this morning for training. I might have to hit some stores either here or Columbia on my way home if I have time to check for deals.

I don't know if any of you guys are DVD collectors, buy FYI the Borders off I-35 and Strang Line has a copy of the MST3K 20th Anniversary collector's tin in the DVD set cases.

Price was $50-$60, can't remember off-hand. Either way, better than the $100 prices on eBay.

Plus Borders tends to do the 10/25/40% off 1 item coupons a lot.

Also if anyone spots another one of those clearance PS3 Singstars let me know. Been hunting for one of those too.

[quote name='controlcommerce']13163 Stateline Road, , Kansas City, Missouri, 64145

It's pretty close to Olathe. From Indepedence it's around a 40 min drive. That's why I'm wondering if it's worth the trip.

Also Collectorguy00, check out the Vintage Stocks in Liberty, Blue Springs or Independence. They are cool if you like classics (NES, Genesis, SNES, ect). No hidden gems though. They know what they have.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget the Vintage Stocks off 93rd & Metcalf and 135th and Antioch in OP, and the one off Shawnee Mission Parkway and I-435 in Shawnee.

[quote name='The Tick']
Also if anyone spots another one of those clearance PS3 Singstars let me know. Been hunting for one of those too.[/quote]
Nobody has chimed in saying they picked it up. The last one on the shelf that I saw at Metcalf South may still be there.

Don't know if this is that great of a deal but the Target at The Legends had DMC4 clearanced for $14.99 yesterday. Only one left and it was on the endcap at Electronics and not in the aisle where the other clearance games were.

In case any of you KC CAGs are looking for a Wii and don't mind driving 120 miles, Circuit City in Columbia has, as of 5 pm today (friday), about 20 Wiis and they're 10% off. The store is right off of I-70, exit 124.

For the KC Folks.

Not sure if this has been posted but I was looking at Craigslist and saw this.

Play N Trade Video Games is having GRAND OPENING 13th, 14th and 15th so come on in and celebrate with us.
13163 state line next to Planet Sub

Hah. This sucks. I knew I should have pre-ordered the CE version of Street Fighter IV, now I can't even find the damn thing anywhere. Trooloo fruity loops!

Edit: Never mind. I went to BB whom I called earlier and told me that they didn't have the CE in stock but what do you know when I got there, there were two CE copies right on the shelf. Bah. That's the last time I'm going to believe an employee over the phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been bouncing around the KC metropolitan area trying to take advantage of the BB $20 off coupon for select PC titles.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216440

In particular, I was interested in the Orange Box and Crysis. At this point, I believe the Olathe BB is the only location in the area that still has either in stock (1 of each was on the shelf when I left).

The other locations I checked have them "on order", but there's no guarantee that they will be in before the coupon expires.

The Sears Grand on 87th St. and 435 is going out of business (and it hasn't been a Sears Grand converted from K-mart for that long, either). Electronics are 10% while games are at 20%. They had a pretty decent selection of games, too. One copy of Madworld for Wii if anyone is interested. Also had one Xbox Elite for $320. If you pick that up please post so others will know it is spoken for, thanks.

[quote name='rperez1025']The Sears Grand on 87th St. and 435 is going out of business (and it hasn't been a Sears Grand converted from K-mart for that long, either). Electronics are 10% while games are at 20%. They had a pretty decent selection of games, too. One copy of Madworld for Wii if anyone is interested. Also had one Xbox Elite for $320. If you pick that up please post so others will know it is spoken for, thanks.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. This thread has been quiet for way too long..

That sucks. Yet another empty retail space.

[quote name='rperez1025']The Sears Grand on 87th St. and 435 is going out of business (and it hasn't been a Sears Grand converted from K-mart for that long, either). Electronics are 10% while games are at 20%. They had a pretty decent selection of games, too. One copy of Madworld for Wii if anyone is interested. Also had one Xbox Elite for $320. If you pick that up please post so others will know it is spoken for, thanks.[/quote]

Hey, I don't know if any of you guys are looking for one. But the Oak Park Toys R Us on 95th and Quivira had 4 Hori EX2 Arcade Sticks on the shelf last night. Priced at their standard retail of 59.99.
I know good arcade sticks are a hot commodity right now, and the EX2 is going between 75-100 on Ebay.

Good stick, easily modible if you want to put in better parts.

Just got back from Nebraska Furniture Mart today (went to the Legends' Gamestop Gamer's Day Sale) and saw a few items on sale:

These items were on sale through 04/05

Bioshock (PS3) - $24.99
Mirror's Edge (360) - $24.99 (PS3 version was $29.99)

Again, both Bioshock and Mirror's Edge go off of their "Manager's Special" sale today.

On sale through 04/11:

Puzzle Quest: Galactrix (DS) - $19.99
Madworld (Wii) - $38.99
Seinfeld DVD Season Sets - $12.48 each season
Left For Dead (360) - $39.99 (I think)

Too Human was on closeout for $14.98 as well.

There were a couple of other things but I don't remember them. I lucked out today, been eying the last copy of The World Ends With You which was on closeout for $34.99 but the pricetag never dropped. Finally checked the price in the computer and it was down to $9.89. Woo Hoo!

Heads up if anyone wants to check it out, but based on the discussion in the main deals forum Gamestop has been getting in some of the MadCatz SFIV tournament sticks.

Their website shows Lawrence has one in stock for the 360: Link

Just thought I'd pass on the info, although you might be chasing a ghost.

The TRU near Oak Park Mall has six or seven copies of :ps2: Gun for $5. Picked up a copy for myself. Most reviews seem to say it's worth a rental, and at that price it's cheaper to just buy it.

If anyone is looking for Animal Crossing for the Wii bundled with Wii speak check out the Best Buy near Metro North Mall. They had a couple copies on their 1/2 off game rack. Didn't see much else worth noting this weekend although I haven't had much time to look since we've been cooped up painting most of the weekend.

Not sure if it's really a deal, but Blockbuster on 135th and Quivira has God Of War 2 for 2.99. It doesn't come with the box and is also probably missing the bonus disc though.

The Bestbuy in Manhattan has some games for 50% off, some I seen were Tales Of Vesperia(360), Endwar bundle(PS3) and Warhawk bundle(PS3). They also had other games for all three current gen systems and for the PS2. The BB in Lawrence is having a 25% off sale with some CE for each system. Saints Row 2 CE for both systems, seen some RE4 for both and some others.

I was in Lawrence a couple days ago (I feel dirty about this because I'm a 2 time Mizzou graduate) and I found a couple interesting things. There was a game store in a basement just off Mass street across from a book store (I want to say it was called Game Guy, or something like that). The prices were not bad considering it looked to be a local operation. I fully suport local stores that appear to be fair in pricing (i.e., a little more expencive than a chain store is ok with me, a lot more expensive is not). They had a used Halo Wars for $40, might still be there too.

Also, I went into the multi-level antique store on Mass (the one that used to have the toy store in the second story) and I saw quite a few video games out there. Most notably in booth 150, which had several Atari and NES cartriges. A few other booths had video games for various systems, but the prices seemed way off on many of them.

Not sure if this is a good deal or not but since nobody has posted here in a week this is what you guys get

The Walmart in Bonner springs by K7 had a bunch of guitar hero 3 guitar and game bundles for the PS3 and Xbox 360 for $30. They also had a few guitar only boxes. They were in the clearance between the health/beauty and the seasonal/garden center area.

Did everyone move out of Kansas?

I was at the Sams club at 95th street and they had xbox 360 GHWT complete band sets for $85. There were at least two left.

Last edited by a moderator:
There just hasn't been any crazy finds around here lately.

Though keep an eye on the area Best Buys, they've been doing the manager's clearance again.
Oak Park Best Buy had some $4.99 LOTR Online CE's. I also picked up a Kingdom Hearts 2 for $5 and Super Dodgeball Brawlers for DS for the same. Haven't had a chance to check Olathe or Metcalf to see what they have, if any.

Yeah it's pretty slim pickin's around here. One of the Targets up north has a pile of NCAA Football 2009's for $7.98 on the PS3. That's about the best deal I've seen lately. I'll have to check out Best Buy sometime soon. I usually hit the one in Liberty and sometimes the new one off I-29 when we go to Zona Rosa for my son's haircuts.

Is there any interest in starting a Vintage Stock Trade-in value thread?

I got $21 trade for a Wii GH:WT guitar and was hoping there were some other items worth trading in.

Huge tent sale running B2G1 free deal on all their games. Pretty much all used. Spotted a couple of new hopefully mislabeled since new prices suck.

I really only look for PS3 games but I did notice, a ton of console games there from all kinds.

PS3 a few noteworthy:
Infamous
Killzone2
Resistance2
PoP
Motostorm PR
bunch of others.

every once in a while ill print out a free 1 day pass to sams and check their prices.

they discount stuff pretty nicely if it doesnt sell.... havent been buy for a couple weeks, just FYI ive seen some good deals.

[quote name='tripleoptic']every once in a while ill print out a free 1 day pass to sams and check their prices.

they discount stuff pretty nicely if it doesnt sell.... havent been buy for a couple weeks, just FYI ive seen some good deals.[/QUOTE]

I just got a Sam's Club membership and I will keep tabs on game prices when I go. I went last Saturday and didn't see anything of much interest. Got my eye on Resistance 2 CE though (can't remember the price).

I'll keep you all posted as best I can. Also, I don't mind picking up something for those that don't have Sam's Club memberships and you reimbursing me. Just let me know what to look for and your price point.

bread's done
Back