Kansas CAG Thread

[quote name='pinebarrens']I checked out the TRU on bannister that is closing hoping to find some 360 accessories for sale, but everything was gone.[/QUOTE]

That's a shame. I found some deals there awhile after the TRU sale started and was hoping to do the same this time. Thanks for the info...

Just a heads up for anyone around Kansas City: The Shawnee Target (on Shawnee Mission Parkway) has 2 copies of Guitar Hero left at $60.

T

Pretty much every Blockbuster with a GameRush recieved shipments of 360's this morning. If they are out, they will recieve another next Tuesday.

Which is why I have a 360 in my basement now

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Not much going on in here, huh?[/QUOTE]

It is KC after all. :lol:

Just look at this as your opportunity to:

Finish side quests on FF games, or finish that Jak II you bought and never played more than a few hours of.

Have some fun trying to play a dvd using the regular PS2 controller.

Play a CD on your PS2 for the first time ever.

See if you can play old mortal combat games with a dance dance pad.

Turn off you lights, play with a laser pointer until your eyes hurt and pretend your playing the Virtual Boy.

Put on a mitten and try to play games, you could pretend your playing with the powerglove, but you more likely to play well with the mittens.

OK, I'm done being snarky now.

Cheers,
T

[quote name='umcthomas']It is KC after all. :lol:

Just look at this as your opportunity to:

Finish side quests on FF games, or finish that Jak II you bought and never played more than a few hours of.

Have some fun trying to play a dvd using the regular PS2 controller.

Play a CD on your PS2 for the first time ever.

See if you can play old mortal combat games with a dance dance pad.

Turn off you lights, play with a laser pointer until your eyes hurt and pretend your playing the Virtual Boy.

Put on a mitten and try to play games, you could pretend your playing with the powerglove, but you more likely to play well with the mittens.

OK, I'm done being snarky now.

Cheers,
T[/QUOTE]
Or make up new endings to well-known films, example, the alternative ending of The Passion of the Christ:

"Behold, he is calling Elijah. Let us see whether He comes to take him down.."
A bright flash of lightening glitters in the sky as a Delorean appears, hovering above the cross. The soldiers scatter in terror for fear the great and mighty metalic lord haveth come down from Heaven to smite them. The door opens upward as a wide-haired figure sticks his head out of the vehicle.
"Marty! Jesus is in bad shape."
"Don't worry Doc, I'll swoop down on my hoverboard and save him."
*Cue Back to the Future suspence theme*
"Hang on there Jesus, I'll have you out of this in no time"
Marty uses a crowbar to pry the nails from Jesus's wrists and feet.
"Get down closer Doc, we gotta get inside!"
The Delorean sweeps lower and Marty places Jesus in the rear seat.
"Fire it up doc lets get out of here...Back to the Future!"
The Delorean raises once again up into the air, the engine guns as the car disappears in another flash of light leaving tracks of fire.

Seconds later another flash of light appears as an object falls from the sky onto the ground below. The door on the side opens as two figures step from the phone booth.
"Whoa Bill, where the hell is Jesus, we need him for our next oral history report."
"Bogus Ted, we totally came too late..."

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Not much going on in here, huh?[/QUOTE]

Of course not. Be quiet! whispers KCAG deals to subbie and guardian and masha. Shhh. ;-P

;) [quote name='umcthomas']It is KC after all. :lol:[/QUOTE]Well, yeah. :lol:[quote name='guardian_owl']Or make up new endings to well-known films, example, the alternative ending of The Passion of the Christ ... [/QUOTE]:rofl:

[quote name='guardian_owl']Or make up new endings to well-known films, example, the alternative ending of The Passion of the Christ:[/QUOTE]

Great stuff :D

SI

[font=&quot]Speaking of Bill and Ted, I would like to let you all know that Bill and Ted is actually the Precursor legacy for The Matrix movies. In both movies:

1) Keanu Reaves is chosen because he will have an effect on the future of the world.

2) There is a strange guy (Rufus/Morpheus) who helps guide Keanu to his destiny.

3) You can travel using pay phones.

4) Those who want to stop you are machines (remember the bogus journey)

Ultimately it all points to Bill and Ted being one of the earlier iterations of the matrix. I guess that means that Bill was changed into Trinity in the new universe.

T
[/font]

How bout we do something real good.

The former Replay in Overland Park, now Game Xchange has some good deals. I got Vectorman and Super Wrestlemania for $3, might check the place out.

Maybe we can all imagine a 360, wait, I dont need to.

[quote name='OzCatter']How bout we do something real good.

The former Replay in Overland Park, now Game Xchange has some good deals. I got Vectorman and Super Wrestlemania for $3, might check the place out.

Maybe we can all imagine a 360, wait, I dont need to.[/QUOTE]

Last time I was there the only thing I wanted was FLOW and I wasn't too sure about that. I do have high hope for that store seeing how it's next to a Chipotle I go to on my way home from work somtimes.

I was wondering if any of the CAG's in the KS/MO area would like to meet at a Barnes N' Noble, Rainy Day Books, library or whatever to learn Korean. The cost is free for the site to teach it costs nothing last I checked and it seems pretty solid.
Anyone interested? I was planning on making it like Saturday or Sunday since I have work and I'm sure some other CAG's do too.

Sorry, I don't want to learn Korean.

Just another heads up. The Shawnee Mission Parkway Target now has SIX guitar hero bundles for $60 apiece, cheapest price around that I know of. Pretty fun too.

T

You know "Magna Carta" originated from Korea as well as the fact there are some other Korean games that seem to stand out. "Arcturus: The Curse and Loss Of Divinity", "Astonishia Story R", "Astonishia Story", "Rhapsody Of Zephyr" and "Tempest" to name some.

[FONT=&quot]I'm not saying it's not worthwhile, just that I'm not interested. I don't have time to learn it, and if I did, Spanish or Chinese would be of more use to me right now.

T[/FONT]

FYI, the K-mart at i435 and 87th in Kansas is being remodeled into a Sears Grand. They have 20% of marked price of all video games.

T

I went to both of those KMarts and they really don't have anything good. Let's keep an eye out for when it goes up to 30, 40, and 50 percent off.

Don't I know it. The Kmart by me is turning into a sears grand. They have 20% off all games, but nothing I want in stock. I guess it would be nice to own Jak and Daxter Precursor to play again, especially since they seem to have it in the origial case (not greatest hits).

Also, the fancy 60 Guitar Hero I'm always trying to get you all to buy at Target has gone up to $70, not such a good deal anymore.

The Target in Lawrence has a copy of Trace Memory for $7.48 on that clearance endcap that's an aisle or three past electronics. Unfortunately not much else of interest there but I couldn't resist on that one.

(They had 3 but I picked up one for myself and one for trade ;) )

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']The Target in Lawrence has a copy of Trace Memory for $7.48 on that clearance endcap that's an aisle or three past electronics. Unfortunately not much else of interest there but I couldn't resist on that one.

(They had 3 but I picked up one for myself and one for trade ;) )

SI[/quote]
Trace Memory is still there as of about 2:00 PM today and there is also one Xbox 360 core in stock.

In May I FINALLY get to go back to the meca of B&M cheap stores, Frys! Going to be loading up on crazy amounts of cheapness for trade, woohoo!!1! Perhaps once the date nears I can take some requests.....

Games are now 40% off at the two kmarts turning into sears grands. They don't have much though, mostly crap......

[quote name='umcthomas'][FONT=&quot]I'm not saying it's not worthwhile, just that I'm not interested. I don't have time to learn it, and if I did, Spanish or Chinese would be of more use to me right now.

T[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Chinese? What are you doing?

[quote name='Sarang01']Chinese? What are you doing?[/quote]

One of my freinds married a girl from China. They like to invite people to go with them on trips to visit her parents. My freinds who have gone with them says it's helpful to know some basic Chineese so you don't have to rely on having one of them around for everything.

T

Here is your deal. The Kmart on 436 and 87th in KS is one of the ones turning into a Sears grand. The games have all been moved up front and a big 50% of games sign is on the stand. The difference now is that all thier games are on the shelf (even new ones). I didn't see anything I wanted, but if you want to look through them you might find something you want.
T

[quote name='Sarang01']Thomas any 360 games? I'm interested in PDZ CE as well as RR6.[/quote]

Sorry, no 360 games left. The games are now 60% off so you can imagine the quality of games that are left.

T

[quote name='pinebarrens']Yeah there haven't really been any deals around here at all..............[/quote]

Gotta love the summer slowness

Hello Kansas people. I saw this in the other thread and figured i would post.
[quote name='sterlingice']Thanks much to the OP. On Friday evening, about 6pm, I went to the Overland Park or maybe it was Olathe (you know, Southwest Kansas City), KS CC- not the mall one at 95th and Quivira but the one down at 122nd and Metcalf. Bumped into a friendly CAG there who was looking for some of the more obscure stuff and having some luck. Always enjoyable to run into nice and friendly CAG.
SI[/quote]

I stopped by that Circuit City Saturday morning and picked up 2 DS games, they had quite a few ATV Quad Frenzy, Madded 05 and 06, Tiger Woods 05, Texas Hold Em and 1 Star Wars left. The believe the GBA games were pretty much gone, i wasn't really looking for thoes so i could be wrong.

I went to the Circuit City by Oak Park mall during lunch on friday and they had a TON of GBA/DS games. I ended up buying only one game. I went back after work and everything was gone....... I would say that the store pulled all of the games untill the 2nd. I dont think it was a hoarder seeing as though they probalby would have went to the other CC to.

So FYI the Oak Park CC might have a lot of games come the 2nd or the 4th.

[quote name='ospriteo']Hello Kansas people. I saw this in the other thread and figured i would post.

I stopped by that Circuit City Saturday morning and picked up 2 DS games, they had quite a few ATV Quad Frenzy, Madded 05 and 06, Tiger Woods 05, Texas Hold Em and 1 Star Wars left. The believe the GBA games were pretty much gone, i wasn't really looking for thoes so i could be wrong.

I went to the Circuit City by Oak Park mall during lunch on friday and they had a TON of GBA/DS games. I ended up buying only one game. I went back after work and everything was gone....... I would say that the store pulled all of the games untill the 2nd. I dont think it was a hoarder seeing as though they probalby would have went to the other CC to.

So FYI the Oak Park CC might have a lot of games come the 2nd or the 4th.[/quote]

Yeah, I think that someone has been buying up all the deals out here. During the big CC sale a while back, I only found one copy if one of the "good" sale games at the store, and that one was misplaced (my wife saw it). Everything else had been bought up even though I went on the first morning. I know some people buy early so they can pricematch, but I doubt there are enough CAGs out here to clear out stores unless they are buying multiple copies. Of course, it may not be a CAG, but it seems to be the same story at all the stores around here lately.

FYI - I got the last copy of Infected for PSP for $10 at the Target on Shawnee Mission Prkwy. There might be similar YMMV deals at the other big targets. It was buried on one of the end cap clearance sections among old pc games.

T

Gameco on 95th Street next to TRU is running a buy 2 get 1 free deal. It's not advertised in the store, but the kid behind the counter said so.

Circuit City on 95th st. has 11 copies of Total Overdose marked at $3.96. If you take some of these to Blockbuster they'll give you $10 apiece for them. Don't try to buy more than 3 copies from mr bigeyes though. You might be able to get away with it from some other employee.

It's been awhile, but does anyone know if there are any of those Total Overdoses left at the 95th st Circuit City? Haven't had a chance to get over there yet.

Ok, havent seen any movement in this thread so time to update with what I've seen in the past week inbetween the 60+ hours of work I've put in :(

Kansas and Kansas City area stuff below. Keep in mind, I'm a Nintendo person mostly so there may be some good PS2 or XBox stuff that I'm missing.

1) Independence, MO CompUSA that's going out of business is pretty picked over. Games are 20% off and I picked up LotR: The Third Age for $15 - 20% off earlier this week.

2) Sears at Independence Center - big bin of games, not much that interested me but there's some decent stuff if you haven't gotten in on some other deals. Metroid Prime 2 for $10, POP: Two Thrones for $15 iirc.

3) Circuit City at Indepenence Center - still has a decent sized bin from the clearance from a while back but it's pretty picked over. Don't remember much that was in there, tho I do remember there was a copy of Suikoden Tactics that I was thinking about for the PS2 I'll eventually get.

4) KMart out in Independence - Nothing marked clearance. Couldn't find an associate to scan stuff in the protective displays. Had copies of some stuff that's clearanced elsewhere like GBA Zelda II.

4) Mission, KS Sears Essentials (used to be KMart)- The clearance stuff isn't marked up but shows up in their computer and there was a decent bit of it since it's not marked. Picked up Kirby and Amazing Mirror for GBA for $7 and Metroid Pinball for $10. Still copies of each of those. Price checked a copy of Pokemon Sapphire since it's clearanced at KMart but not at Sears- showed up as $40 so nothing doing there.

5) KMart on Metcalf and 95th-ish. Pretty picked over. Got the only copy of Donkey Konga with drums for $15 last week. Not much there but I remember something like 2 or 3 copies of Dark Stalkers for PSP. Didn't that used to be fairly sought after but isn't any more?

6) Finally, I got to end my day on a good note that made my day perk up at the Lawrence, KS Target. Geist for $6.xx and, best of all, Western Digital external MyBook 120 GB hard drive for $70. Still 1 of each left. The clearanced games are somewhat underwhelming and hard to find. If you've been there, you've see that they mix their greatest hits and clearance games in the endcap in the games section as well as sometimes placing clearance games on one of the endcaps a couple more aisles down.

Hopefully that'll get the ball rolling in the thread with some reports and thoughts. Oh, and anyone who knows anywhere that has a discount GBA Player would be greatly appreciated ;)

SI

On Labor Day, I also had the fun of working but afterwards dropped into a couple of places in the SE KC area. The data's a little late but better late than never.

1) I went to the Olathe, KS KMart on Santa Fe. Picked up copies of Mario Golf ($8) and Mario Tennis ($15) as well as the old e-reader Mario Party ($2) card set. I didn't see any more copies of Mario Golf, however, there was another of Mario Tennis but it was in the case. They have the typical KMart clearance box out on the counter in electronics but there was also some stuff in the case. As the electronics guy kept running around the understaffed-looking store, I didn't get to peruse everything in the cases so there might be some hidden goodies there.

2) Went to the Olathe, KS Toys R Us- the one down by the Great Mall. Nothing too exciting that I remember. If you don't have it yet, there were at least 10 copies of Baten Kaitos for $10 with the soundtrack, just sitting out on the floor.

3) On the way back from the KMart, ran across the Blockbuster with the GameRush and stopped in on a whim. Walked out with a new copy of WarioWare: Twisted for $10. There was another copy still there if anyone's interested.

SI

Thanks for the info!

That Kmart on Santa Fe is great. I went in there a couple of months ago with the Kmart clearance list. The guy working in electronics was shocked when games tagged at $35 rang up at $3 over and over.

bread's done
Back