Kansas CAG Thread

[quote name='pinebarrens']Gameco on 95th Street next to TRU is running a buy 2 get 1 free deal. It's not advertised in the store, but the kid behind the counter said so.[/QUOTE]

Bleh they usually overcharge.

Yeah, Gameco totally sucks. I agree. All those places around there suck though. GameXchange sucks too. I was just pointing out that they had a buy 2 get 1 sale which is okay to look at when gamestop isn't running anything.

Lawrence, KS Target didn't have much except some PC games I didn't look too closely at. They had about 5 copies of Ridge Racer for the DS but I'm just not that excited about it. Disappointed to not see KH: Chain of Memories or Minish Cap :(

EDIT: Wait, did see Tales of Phantasia for, I think, $15. It was over on the GH endcap where they mix stuff in, not one of the clearance endcaps. There were also copies of Mega Man Anniversary Collection for Gamecube and a couple of others on that shelf. Nothing really exciting as I already have ToP and MMAC but decent stuff if you don't already have them.

SI

Is the KC area K-Marts totally sold out on Shadow Hearts: Covenant? I've been looking for it for a while, but since I'm stuck out here in Manhattan I haven't had much of a chance to get back in town and go through anything.

Belgand, didn't see it but wasn't looking for it when I went yesterday but I didn't see the update to this thread until just now so I'm not much help in that regard.

1) KMart on Santa Fe in Lenexa (Olathe?) (9.12) - Found a copy of Ridge Racer DS for $2. Wasn't really looking for it but for $2, maybe it's time to try another racer to wash NFSMW out of my mouth for the DS. Didn't see any other copies. Also, there was a Platinum Hits KOTOR which I picked up for $4, also the only copy. In the case, picked up an EyeToy Groove with the EyeToy included marked for $15, but it rang up for $5- there was another copy in the case but you have to try and find someone to let you into it which can be a challenge there. Still, 3 games for less than $12 and this is quickly becoming one of my favorite stores :)

2) Oak Park Circuit City (9.13) - Wanted a second set of bongos for the copy of Donkey Konga I picked up last week so spent some time anguishing over which game to get. Ended up deciding on the only copy they had of Donkey Konga 2 with bongos for $20. They had 2 copies of Jungle Beat with bongos for that price still, tho, if anyone's interested.

SI

Hey Sterling....how about letting me know when they update the price drops at the Sante Fe Kmart. The had a bunch of stuff that wasn't updated when I went up there the other day.

Lately, I've been trying to post whenever I drop by any spot and check for prices but I only have so much time in a week when I can actually go check :)

SI

Went again to the Santa Fe KMart in Lenexa. Picked up a copy of Pokemon Sapphire. It was tagged $10 but rung up at $17. However, a really nice cashier changed it. I swear that copy was not there either of the other two times I've checked recently so either someone has returned something or they restocked or it was hiding really good- not out towards the front of the case where it was today. Also saw about 6 copies of Mark of Kri there but they were marked something like $25, still had a couple of copies of Polarium for ~$20, a copy of Advent Rising for XBox for $5 (I think that was new) and a smattering of other stuff I don't remember.

SI

I went to the Kmart on Metcalf and their Donkey Konga bongos were still $38. Have you checked the bongos on Santa Fe? Did they still have those 3 copies of simpsons road rage for xbox?

Was at the Best Buy @ 119th & I-35 today and saw a few $10 DS titles. Mr. Driller, Dig Dug, Urbz (Sims), Pac Man World 3 & Pac N Roll.

[quote name='pinebarrens']I went to the Kmart on Metcalf and their Donkey Konga bongos were still $38. Have you checked the bongos on Santa Fe? Did they still have those 3 copies of simpsons road rage for xbox?[/quote]

Don't know about Simpsons. Checked the bongos a week and a half or two weeks ago and they rang up as something high so I passed on them.

Have some info about St Jo from last night but I'll have to post that tonight as I need to get to work.

SI

Ok, I think I'll pass on posting in the regular threads for these two (KMart, Target) as they're filling up with hoarders and just stick with updates here in the KS thread. Granted, these were in St Joseph but that's right across the border, so close enough, right? :)

So, I was up in St Jo for work and right down the street from where I had to work was the North Belt Highway KMart. It's so nice to go to the places like St Jo and Topeka because KC has a nasty set of hoarders. I get wanting a copy for yourself or for trade, but it's rare to see much from clearances as everything gets ravaged. There they had a nice employee who was patient and helped my get into all of the cases where they had the clearance stuff all bunched together in the bottom of each case. As for my haul, I got one of each of the following (most of which is on my trade list, tho I'll start playing a couple of those soon):
:ds: Tiger Woods 2005 ($3)
:gba: Super Mario Advance 4, Series 1&2 cards (60c each)
:gba: Metroid NES, Ice Climbers NES
:gc: Metroid Prime GH ($2)
:xbox: Soul Calibur 2 PH ($2)
:ps2: Enter the Matrix GH ($2)
So, all in all, 8 things for under $20- great haul by my estimation. Beyond that, they had a copy of Wind Waker (GH) for $8, multiple copies of Metroid Prime ($2), another copy of Enter the Matrix for the PS2 ($2), and more copies of those NES Classics (tho those were the only two). There was a pretty good selection of stuff that wasn't marked down very much and in the $20 range like Mark of Kri and Drill Dozer. There were no copies of Minish Cap, Sonic Advance, Pokemon, Time Crisis, or Taiko that I saw as I was kindof keeping an eye out for those either for personal use or to report back to the board.

Next up was the Target right up the road from that. Unlike Lawrence where clearance stuff is kindof just thrown on a nearby endcap and rarely lasts more than a couple of days, this one was crazily well organized. There was an entire clearance game endcap over by the music section. I didn't get anything for myself as I didn't see anything I really wanted that I didn't have. What I remember from there is a copy of Mega Man Collection (GH) for Gamecube but not much else for that system (notice I always check N stuff and remember it best since that's what I have). For the DS, there were lots of copies of Drill Spirits, Urbz, and Ridge Racer. For the PSP, they had multiple copies of a pair of baseball games (I forget which). For the GBA, there was a copy of Tales of Phantasia and a bunch of Anime themed games like Shaman King. For the PS2 and XBox, there was a lot of collection filling pedestrian stuff like GH games.

And, of a non-bargain nature, I was thrilled to death when I went to the Best Buy right next to the Target. Sure, it cost me $30, but I finally managed to track down a copy of Orbital's :gba: Racing Gears Advance.

SI

Short bump- picked up Battalion Wars for $15 at the Sears Grand on Shawnee Mission Parkway, near I-35. They still haven't marked anything down there. Noticed a copy of Metroid Pinball there but that's about it. Didn't look at anything Sony or Microsoft as I never bothered to print out a list.

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']Short bump- picked up Battalion Wars for $15 at the Sears Grand on Shawnee Mission Parkway, near I-35. They still haven't marked anything down there. Noticed a copy of Metroid Pinball there but that's about it. Didn't look at anything Sony or Microsoft as I never bothered to print out a list.

SI[/QUOTE]

Thanks I didn't think they had anything left there so perhaps I'll go to pick up a few PSP cheapys if I can think of anything I really care about. Was MMX and MM:pU there?

Lawrence, KS Target

I got :xbox: Dead to Rights for $2.45.

They had about 20 copies of Max Payne 2 :)ps2: I think) for $3.48

Tales of Phantasia 7.48

and a ton of some basketball game on clearance. My memory is terrible. I will probably go back today to edit this for real.

Again, not quite Kansas but KC, went to the Toys R Us in Independence last night. Picked up :gba: Fire Emblem: SS for $15. Not much of note there, tho they do have quite a bit of the stuff that was on clearance. I know a few people have still been looking for Psychonauts for Xbox and they had maybe 2 or 3 copies of that for ~$10. I saw they already had copies of the Players Choice versions of Pokemon: FR/LG- don't know if they were at the PC price yet, tho.

SI

Was up north yesterday and stopped at the Target on Chouteau. I asked one of the guys working there for orange tagged games but he said they didn't have any. They did have the obligatory cheap shelf but it was kindof hidden away from the games section. I don't really have a mental list of the Target clearance stuff so I don't know if they didn't have any clearance games or, more likely, they had some but they weren't marked. I did price check a NES GBA Zelda II which rang up at $10 so I passed- not sure if that helps anyone in their determination of the former vs the latter of the previous thought, tho.

I did pick up a GBA Game Shark orange tagged to $4.98 and there was a second one there for anyone interested.

Also, does anyone know if that CompUSA that was closing out towards Independence has finally closed? If not, what % they are on for stuff?

SI

^ No it didn't. I was just there yesterday. Games are at 30% off and have all been moved to the front by the registers. I mostly noted PS2 and PSP stuff since thats what I have and they don't have a ton that beats other prices elsewhere or with the GGC. They did have a ton of Gamecubes by the last register for 30% off.

I did notice all guides were 70% off.

I forgot to mention that I asked for their PSP display sign and the nice manager gave it to me. Its just cardboard but its damn cool.

More % prices that I remembered...
Hard Drives - 60 off
TV - 30 off but their stock is dwindling.
PS2 FF with Hard Drive...$40 I believe. They also had a ps1 LCD screen but I don't remember how much it was...I Do remember it wasn't a great deal.

They have Harmony remotes for 30 or 40 off right now, might wait till those drop and make a jump on one.

I was browsing TRU earlier tonight and I found 4-5 copies of Phoenix Wright on the shelf. I take a look at the price and I saw 19.99. :whistle2:k This seemed kind of fishy, but I only took note of the price and thought maybe a price change was about to occur so I could GGC it at BB. I will confirm this next week when I get a chance to go there again.

I was going to post this on a main thread but I'm sure it was more regional

I'll second this last post. I was out at the Olathe, KS TRU, working on one of their computers on Friday, and checked out their games after I was done. They had 8-10 copies of Phoenix Wright with a shelf tag of $20. They also had a bin of DK games complete with Bongos marked for $20- at least 5 copies each of Donkey Konga, Donkey Konga 2, and Jungle Beat.

SI

Considering that TRU has a 10% off coupon on their ad this week for "anything," it could curve tax and then some to make the deal better. And there is the DS Lite bundle* that TRU has for ~$160 -10% and then "no reciept" return the games to Walmart for other games. The value of Over the Hedge at Walmart is $30 so it could be replaced for another game.

*Comes with either a black or pink DS Lite, a nintendo gamer Kit, Over the Hedge DS and Shrek Superslam DS

Been a little slow lately but I was at the Olathe, KS TRU today- picked up Brain Age, Big Brain Academy, and Shadow of the Colossus for B2G1. They had a lot of stuff there but some new stuff like Contact wasn't there yet. I noticed the new Nintendogs, Clubhouse Games, and Rocket Slime so if it's a week or two old, they pretty much have it.

The Santa Fe KMart has been ravaged by someone. Not much left there.

4 or 5 copies of Odama at the Lawrence Target but they're at $25 as of this evening so not really worth it yet.

SI

[quote name='mojo_12345']block buster in wichita on west cenrtal buy 2 get 1 free for ps2,GC,and XBOX.
all used games are 6.99[/QUOTE]

Wow, $14 for any 3 used games on PS2/GC/XBX, that's not bad.

Picked up Odama at the Lawerence, KS Target for $12 this past week. A bunch of "eh" XBox games for $10-$20 there, too. Can't recall too much- lots of sports and Max Payne 2 were the only two that came to mind.

SI

The MicroCenter in OP now has one of the fancy gaming sections. It looks impressive and they carry a lot of accessories for your systems, but I didn't spend enough time there to notice any good deals. If you are ever in Micro Center (and who isn't) check it out.

The OP Micro Center's game center now has the $100 mail in rebate for xbox 360s. this is likely the best price you will see for a couple years.

T

[quote name='sterlingice']Picked up Odama at the Lawerence, KS Target for $12 this past week. [/QUOTE]

Damn. Anybody seen this price any closer to the Missouri side? My Target still has them marked $35.

Went back to the motherlode KMart in St Jo from the above post as I had to work in both Chilicothe and Hiawatha, KS yesterday but nothing really left there- just the usual KMart stuff that's left now with $20 Mark of Kri's and Polariums. Really wishing I had picked up more when I had the chance way back when. Live and learn, I guess.

At the end of my day, back in KC, I went to the TRU on the north side by the airport on Broadway. They had the new clearance games in a bin towards the back. I sifted through that entire thing and picked up :ps2: Arc the Lad: End of Darkness and :gc: NBA Street Vol 3 both in the $7 range. No luck on any of the Gamecube stuff (Fire Emblem, F-Zero, RE4) except Baten Kaitos- there were a couple of copies but no soundtrack. Quite a bit of PSP, actually, tho the only thing that stood out to me was POP. No Katamari or Ratchet and Clank for PS2 either. A few copies of Budokai- different versions for different systems.

I didn't really notice many games of note but this sale is a little light on big titles. They did have Psychonauts but they weren't marked with orange tags like everything else but they were in the clearance bin. They had quite a few copies of Donkey Konga 1/2 but they also didn't have tags and I've seen in the TRU thread, those are supposed to be clearanced, too. Since it was so late, I didn't price check as they were getting ready to close. Lots of stuff like Spiderman 2, sports games, and other fluff like Ghost Recon 2 and movie games (Constantine for $3.50, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) and Trivial Pursuit.

SI

I think I'll have to pass on the camping. I don't really want to throw down $300 at the moment (because I know if I got it, I'd have to get Zelda)- it's just not in the budget. I prefer to bleed that money away $10 at a time... speaking of which:

Checked the MicroCenter as the new ad came today. Snagged a $25 CF card for my camera that was 1 gig but nothing of note in the games section. They're pretty much a store that hangs onto stuff far too long before dropping. Then again, it seems like many others drop prices way too quickly on many things. A balancing act, I guess. The new gaming section is decent looking but nothing special. Then again, I suppose we're kindof about prices so this is getting off topic.

On my way down Metcalf, checked the KMart at 95th- they still have their sad little clearance box out but there's nothing new. Same old, same old- ~$20 copies of Polarium, Metroid Pinball, Darkstalkers, Brave Fencer Musashi- pretty much what's been there for months.

Then I headed down 95th to the TRU at Quivira. They didn't have a bin but they had updated most of their signs to have the right prices. That said, you had to hunt a bit. Snagged the last copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. Didn't see anything else of interest. However, I think they were still going through the lists and marking stuff so it's not quite up and running yet.

SI

(Woot, first post on the boards.)

Personally, I'ma go to Best Buy, out by Oak Park Mall. That store's said to have 87 Wii's. I'ma start camping 'round 11:00 PM, probally. Late enough so my day isn't taken up, late enough that I'm guarenteed one.

EDIT: By the way, at the Game Stop around there, I saw a brand spakin' new copy of Fire Emblem for $17. :] I about creamed myself.

[quote name='Duane Cunningham']Yo, Oz! Representing the COL on CAG, eh? Sai-Rad and I are probably going to hit the 24 hour Wal-Mart in Shawnee unless something better comes up.[/quote]

I saw you guys got em too.

Lucky you got them though, I had my preordered at got at midnight, but had a bitch of a time finding Zelda, had to hang with some guys that were first at the Best Buy in Methdependence

Since it's been a slow couple of weeks, just figured I'd bump this and pass along the sentiments that hopefully everyone is staying safe and warm with the weather out there.

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']I don't suppose we could get an update to this thread title to include Kansas City? Maybe get a few more people active in it?

SI[/quote]

Good idea I tried to start a KC thread and it didn't go very well.

It's just one of those things- you need enough users to keep a thread active and there just isn't a large enough KC contingent here, I don't believe. This way, we can put together KC, Topeka, Wichita, and everywhere else in the state as, if you think about it, there are probably less stores in the entire state plus both sides of the stateline in KC than in some of the major cities like Chicago or Houston.

BTW, if you got the Castlevania DS preorder- they had those in at the Lawrence EBGames on Monday. Actually, it was pretty cool- I went in there on Saturday to preorder and they were still taking orders and I got it on Monday. Everyone who preordered got one as they said they had 19 preorders and 19 bonus packs.

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']It's just one of those things- you need enough users to keep a thread active and there just isn't a large enough KC contingent here, I don't believe. This way, we can put together KC, Topeka, Wichita, and everywhere else in the state as, if you think about it, there are probably less stores in the entire state plus both sides of the stateline in KC than in some of the major cities like Chicago or Houston.

BTW, if you got the Castlevania DS preorder- they had those in at the Lawrence EBGames on Monday. Actually, it was pretty cool- I went in there on Saturday to preorder and they were still taking orders and I got it on Monday. Everyone who preordered got one as they said they had 19 preorders and 19 bonus packs.

SI[/quote]

Good point. I hope we can keep this thread active so we can share deals in our neck of the woods.

Walmart on Shawnee Mission Parkway has marked down all of their normally $20 PS2, Xbox, DS, and GBA games to $10. Highlights below:

PS2
American Wasteland
GTA: LCS
Jaws
Jak 3
Sly 3
Jak X
CoD:BR1
Pop: 2 thrones
Ratchet Deadlocked

Xbox
Black