Kansas CAG Thread

For anyone that's interested the Wal-Mart in the northland (at the corner of Antioch and 72nd St) had a CRAPLOAD of Wiimotes, and nunchucks. There were about 30 of each hanging on peg hooks near the game case.

Was at Oak Park Mall in OP today. Picked up Golden Sun :gba: used for $5 and :ds: Scurge: Hive new for $15 at the Gamestop there.

What's it like where people have a nice FYE? The game section in Oak Park is just bereft of good stuff. Nothing like finding copies of Metroid Prime 2 for $50 these days...

SI

The Target by Oak Park mall had some PSP games for 4.98 on the clearance endcap. The only games i can remember were Madden and some Hockey game, but they had other titles as well.

Went to the Target in Lawrence tonight and saw they had created a new clearance endcap for games. Saw a copy of Killer 7 for 3.XX and a bunch of stuff for 9.XX like Metroid Prime 2 and Killzone. There was one copy of Gunpey but it was ringing up at 14.XX rather than 7.XX. No other Nintendo handheld stuff. About a million copies of Tony Hawk Project 8 with the skateboard but didn't check the price on it.

SI

Been on the road the last couple of days so here are some reports...

Yesterday (and today, for that matter, but these were from last night), I was up in St Jo. First stopped by the KMart where I had hit the motherlode a while back but haven't seen much since. There weren't any games under $10, those looked like they had get picked over as soon as they drop. However, there was some collection filling stuff for $14-$16. Things that caught my eye were copies of Sigma Star Saga, Final Fantasy IV, Romancing Saga, Timesplitters 3, Gran Turismo 4- that sort of thing, if you missed out on certain games originally. I picked up the only copy of Radiata Stories I found ($14). Again, nothing really cheap but a few things that could be had for not too much.

Today found me in Topeka. My favorite TRU, the one there on Wannamaker, had some stuff in a bin but not much of interest. There were some tags out with some stuff for cheap (for instance, Meteos for $7.50) but I didn't get anything and I can't confirm they actually had them in stock. That store is usually pretty good about only having pull tags for inventory. They've also gone to putting some additional game tags they don't have room for into binders on the floor.

Then I tried the Target right there. Picked up Gunpey for the DS ($7.XX), and a GBA triple pack with Millipede and two others for 2.XX. Those were the only copies of those, tho. There were a couple of copies of FF1/2 for 14.XX and some of the Tony Hawk Project 8 skateboard sets at 22.XX. Also a copy of Killzone for 9.XX.

SI

There was some mention in one of the threads about Dragon Quest Rocket Slime being hard to find in Best Buy at the $25 price. A friend of mine bought a copy yesterday, with gamer gift card, and the total was $21.XX after tax.

I don't think it's that hard to find, but if it is, there's an opportunity as there were at least 4 more copies there.

SI

I was at Wally World this afternoon and in the clearance isle they had several brand new Sony PSP ac adapters marked down to $4. I know it's not huge on the PSP accessory list but seeing as normal retail is over $20 it's a pretty good deal.

This was the Wal-Mart in the northland (Gladstone) at 72nd st and Antioch Rd (across the street from Hy-Vee).

I scoped out the Toys R Us near 169 and Barry Rd in the northland this evening. They had a few discounted games. Most notable was Metroid Pinball for the DS and I'm not sure if this is rare or not but they had Yatzee/Boggle/Monopoly for $9.99 brand new. Nothing really great but I thought I would pass it along.

Was out in Independence, over at 470/70 and checked out a couple of stores there. This was one of those days when you just kindof strike out :(

Circuit City didn't have anything readily apparent- then again, they're not in a clearance cycle right now. Every video game area there seems so small now since they've got a little of everything.

The Sears right there also had nothing. As mentioned in the Sears thread, a lot of stuff has been labeled with generic tags and marked back up in price. I didn't see much point to price checking but if someone's feeling lucky, go for it- there's 3 or 4 of those display boxes filled with games. Still, nothing like the giant bins of games they used to have there.

SI

The Target in Independence had about 15 of the $4.98 Wipeout Pure's for PSP as of last week. I forgot to post about it. It was in the normal display case, not on an endcap or anything. Top row if I remember correctly.

Yeah, they are finally starting to clearence a lot of stuff that is video game related, they havent for a long time.

BTW, can you guys watch out for a Saturn for me and Jump Ultimate Stars?

It's been reported elsewhere that Circuit City will be closing 7 stores in the states. I wonder if any of them will be in the KC metro area. I know we have the one up north by Metro North mall and if I'm not mistaken there's another out in Overland Park. That could lead to some great clearance deals...

[quote name='sterlingice']
Yesterday (and today, for that matter, but these were from last night), I was up in St Jo. First stopped by the KMart where I had hit the motherlode a while back but haven't seen much since. There weren't any games under $10, those looked like they had get picked over as soon as they drop. However, there was some collection filling stuff for $14-$16. Things that caught my eye were copies of Sigma Star Saga, Final Fantasy IV, Romancing Saga, Timesplitters 3, Gran Turismo 4- that sort of thing, if you missed out on certain games originally. I picked up the only copy of Radiata Stories I found ($14). Again, nothing really cheap but a few things that could be had for not too much.[/QUOTE]

That would be me picking over the north & south K-Marts. No one ever visits either store up here, so whenever there is a new price reduction there's always something worth picking up. If you're needing anything IM me and I'll keep an eye out for it.

[quote name='markingsmart']That would be me picking over the north & south K-Marts. No one ever visits either store up here, so whenever there is a new price reduction there's always something worth picking up. If you're needing anything IM me and I'll keep an eye out for it.[/quote]

Well, you know how it is with CAG'ing- a lot of it is the thrill of the hunt :)

The only KMart game I've wanted more than just a passing fancy but never found was Minish Cap. Or the Game Boy Player but that doesn't count...

SI

Well, unfortunately, this doesn't really help anyone here but I'm in Colorado Springs so I figured I'd fill people in on what I've found here. Maybe I'll crosspost in the Colorado thread but I still have a couple of stores to visit here ;)

Sunday, my plane arrived and I decided to take the long trip back from the airport to my hotel. I was driving north on Powers since it ran me parallel to the mountains and I could see the scenery go by.

There I ran across a KMart with ancient pricing. Stuff that dates back to like 8 months ago. I picked up a Time Crisis with Guncon but it was $18. Also, I got Ice Climbers for GBA was still $6, saw Minish Cap $21 (didn't buy), and Gunstar Heroes for GBA $10. Those are not bump back up prices like we're starting to see now. They aren't the really low prices from about 3 months ago. These were the prices from this past summer/fall- so they're just a bit behind the times. There was a really nice person who price checked about 10 things for me and they had a ton of old stuff but it wasn't at very good prices. Shame. Whenever they decide to catch back up with the rest of the world, someone's going to get some good deals.

Then I went up the street to the Target on Powers and didn't even see any orange tagged games. Blech.

Today, I got a chance to head up to Briargate Mall. They have a KMart actually built into the mall. They had limited clearance stuff kindof like the crappy box of stuff they always have at the Metcalf store in OP. Sure, it's well marked but there was nothing there.

Also in the mall, they had a Sears and I price checked a few things. I got Xenosaga 1 for $15- not super cheap but I had been looking for it for a while. Same with Metal Gear Solid 3, which was $10. Multiple copies of both there. Also checked on Jak 3- rang up $20, one of the Ratchet and Clank for $20, and they had a Game Boy Player which I've really been wanting for a while but it was $60.

There was also a Babbages in the mall. It's been forever since I've seen one. It looked pretty much like any old EBGames/Gamestop.

Then I went back south on Academy and saw a Circuit City and Comp USA right next to each other. Nothing at all at either. Then there was an Ultimate Electronics and a few of those had video games- I don't remember the one in KC ever having them before it closed tho- this one was all tv's and entertainment center stuff. No games at all.

So, anyways, I've mostly struck out but I've gotten some stuff and there's some intrinsic fun in CAG'ing in a new place. There are a couple of Gamecrazy's here I'm wanting to check out since we don't even have any in Kansas and maybe a couple of other stores if I have time.

SI

So, what's crazier than going out trying to snag CAG deals in the middle of blowing snow? Well, how about trying to go up a mountain a couple of hours prior in the same weather with the roads starting to freeze over. So, after that fun of going back down the hills at about 5mph, I try my luck on the south side of Colorado Springs.

First up, I hit the Gamecrazy just south of MLK on Academy. I had been really looking forward to hitting them since I keep reading about great deals there and we just don't have any in Kansas. Unfortunately, was quite disappointed. Kindof like a small EB/GS without much in the way of vintage games.

Then I head up Academy to the Target there. Lots of clearance stuff including some stuff I've never seen before. I picked up X-Men Legends :gc: non-GH version for $5. There was still another one or two there. Als for $5, they had copies of DBZ Budokai for Gamecube and DBZ Sagas for XBox. There was one copy of Gunpey for the DS for $7. Also, some random stuff like that PS2 golf game for $35, a Wii and Zelda branded backpack for $20, and some DS stylus packs for $5. Lastly, there was some decent software there like Pirates, city of Villains, and Paint Shop Pro X but they were a little higher than I was looking to pay.

I couldn't find the Toys R Us that was supposed to be somewhere in the same area so I was getting a bit discouraged. Finally, I see the other Gamecrazy a little further up on Academy and decide to stop in. I saw signs for the aforementioned 3 for $10 classic plastic sale and I knew I had made the right choice. Also, thankfully there was a patient guy working there- actually got to talking to him for about a half hour after buying some stuff, good guy.

The selection wasn't the greatest as apparently there is a guy who comes in from time to time and buys up all the rare stuff *cough*ebayer?*cough*. But I was able to fill some holes in my collection for a little over $3 apiece. The one downside is that very few of the games came with manuals or boxes or anything, but, still, I Was happy.

Here's the damage:
NES: Gradius, Baseball Simulator 1.000, Bases Loaded 3, Bionic Commando
SNES: Super Game Boy
N64: Zelda: OOT, Turok
DC: Shenmue, Space Channel 5, Timestalkers (complete), Resident Evil 3
PSX: FF Origins (complete), Syphon Filter 3 (complete), Guardians Crusade, and Crash Bandicoot 2

Sure, it's not all gold but quite a few of those were games I had been looking for and didn't want to pay "vintage store" prices while some of the others were just good finds. They actually had quite a bit of older stuff there, but it looked pretty picked over. They have a giant bin of CDs in slim CD cases and there are probably some gems there I just didn't see. Plus, there is a lot of old stuff in the cases as well, just waiting to be snagged on the cheap.

Anyways, it's definitely time to stop with the game buying as I have no idea how I'm getting this in the suitcase to get home (clothes? who needs em?) and I've spent quite a bit too much on this trip already.

SI

I just posted this in the K-Mart thread, but I'll post here in case anyone doesn't check that forum.

Just hit up my Big K in Wichita (off Kellogg). Not a lot of available titles left without the red stickers and stickered-over UPCs, but in the cases, I did manage to find:

Rainbow 6: Lockdown (PS2) - $2
Eye Toy Antigrav with Eye Toy (PS2) - $5
Polarium (DS) - $3
Metroid Pinball (DS) - $3.50
True Swing Golf (DS) - $3.50

I only bought one copy og each for myself. I didn't see anymore R6's at that price, but I did leave at least one Polarium, one Metroid Pinball and one True Swing Golf. Also, I price-checked Advance Wars DS and it rang up $34.99, so it definitely is YMMV. And Eye Toy Play 2 rang up at $50, so that one's YMMV too.

If there hadn't been any of those damn red stickers, I would have made out like a bandit. I wanted their last copy of Shadow of Rome, but I wasn't going to pay $30. And I also saw Hanuting Ground for $15 as well and non-GH copies of Tales of Symphonia for the GC.

hello KS caggers i'm giving you the first try. someone at my work has a psp and wants me to try and trade it for him. he is looking for a wii with a couple of games wii play and one other game not sure what the other game(s) is but right now he just wants me to get it out there.
what he has to trade is

psp boxed complete w/receipt an 3yr warranty
soft case and strap
2 umd protectors
headphone ear buds w/remote
sound grip w/speaker and case
fight night 3
need for speed carbon own the city
killzone: liberation
umd carry case (holds 8)
32mb memory stick
the incredibles (movie)

One more for Wichitans. Target at Greenwich and 21st:

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 (PS2) - $4.98
Metroid Prime 2 (Cube) - $4.98

Snagged one of each on 2/24. There were three more copies of Metroid and about 10-12 copies of THUG 2. Gettem while they're hot.

Scoped out the Target on Choteau Trfy and the other by Metro North Mall this morning. No games at either of them in the clearance section. The only thing I saw video game related was two of those Wii Zelda backpacks for $9.98.

I'm sure some of you have read the Best Buy clearance thread. Has anyone hit any of the Kansas City area stores to see if there are any of these titles left? I'm hoping to hit the Metro North location tomorrow and scope it out. From what I've read most people are planning to pick up the games today or tomorrow then have the difference refunded after the prices drop on Monday.

I really dislike BB but I hope they pull the same stuff Target does with their clearance and as much as I like TRU, I wish they would do the same every time they had a clearance. That way there's not a ton of pre-buying and pricematching.

Depending on when I get off of work, I'll try to check out a couple of BB's around town Monday to see if there is anything.

SI

FYI- checked out the BB's at 115th and Metcalf and 119th and I-35 down in OP/Lenexa/Whatever for my lunch break (~11:30) and they had a couple of handfulls of junk and not much else. They had updated the tags but there just wasn't much there to begin with. I talked to a guy at the 115th/Metcalf store and he said they had very little of the stuff on the list to begin with. The 119th store had about 5 copies of MGS 3 for $10 but that's all that really jumped out, oh and about 5 copies of one of the crap $2 games for XBox- Marc Ecko's Getting Up, iirc.

Didn't even bother with Lawrence since it's such a hoarder's haven. Wish I had to work in Topeka today, there's an off chance they had some stuff but I'm sure it's gone now.

SI

I'm going to check out the topeka store today after work.. not going to expect much but will at least take a look.

Lawrence was TOTALLY cleaned out by 11am Monday. By the time I got there, all i could find was a copy of SRS: Street Racing Syndicate for the Cube. Probably not even worth the 1.99--but i bought it anyway. There was also three different groups of people walking around with printed lists. Total bust.

Looking at the CompUSA store locator posted in the CompUSA thread, we're going to lose the CompUSA in OP :(

Might be some good clearance opportunities like when the one in Independence closed.

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']Like I said, Lawrence BB is about the worst place in the world for hoarders. Not even worth trying but glad you could verify :)

SI[/QUOTE]

At the last big BB clearance I showed up the day of at 10:05 a.m. on 95th Street. There were two guys dressed in business clothes and a cart full of games. They were both talking to others who were clearly at the other BB's in town ("Yes, Paper Mario is for GAMECUBE". It's across from the Gameboy games. Be sure and check behind all the PS2 games just in case" etc. etc.). Somehow I gathered that they worked for one of the local game stores (likely Gameco). I don't remember what made me think that so maybe I'm wrong - probably just bitter...

I have done my share of traveling myself and have to say KC is one of the harder places to find the really hot deals. I haven't determined for myself what the cause is, but doing so much traveling, have you had the same experience? I go to Texas and Minnesota fairly frequently and am blown away by the deals that are still sitting out there untouched on shelves. Back in KC...tumbleweeds and wind whistling as I wander through BB or Target looking for a deal.

[quote name='chosen1s']At the last big BB clearance I showed up the day of at 10:05 a.m. on 95th Street. There were two guys dressed in business clothes and a cart full of games. They were both talking to others who were clearly at the other BB's in town ("Yes, Paper Mario is for GAMECUBE". It's across from the Gameboy games. Be sure and check behind all the PS2 games just in case" etc. etc.). Somehow I gathered that they worked for one of the local game stores (likely Gameco). I don't remember what made me think that so maybe I'm wrong - probably just bitter...[/quote]

I agree with you as well. I am amazed at how quicly any and all cheap games disappear in the KC stores. The funny thing is that whoever is doing it is probably reading this form right now. I just don't buy games anymore, really. I rent from BB with my monthly coupon. I predict that I will buy one game this whole year.

I have a feeling the reason I struck out at my store (Liberty) is due to it's age. I think that location has only been open for about a year or two tops. They probably didn't have hardly any of the clearance games to begin with.

BTW I don't know if anyone has hit the Gamerush stores but they're having a 50% off new games sale. Not nearly as great as the BB deal but worth a look. The GR near Antioch Mall as of yesterday had a couple of endcaps full of the sale games. When I was there it looked like they may be in the process of labeling more games and pulling a bunch of DVD's.

[quote name='chosen1s']I have done my share of traveling myself and have to say KC is one of the harder places to find the really hot deals. I haven't determined for myself what the cause is, but doing so much traveling, have you had the same experience? I go to Texas and Minnesota fairly frequently and am blown away by the deals that are still sitting out there untouched on shelves. Back in KC...tumbleweeds and wind whistling as I wander through BB or Target looking for a deal.[/quote]
I dunno, really. I don't have all that many points of comparison. I know when I've gone to Iowa City, it's like Lawrence- it's a midwest college town with very little to find. Columbia, Mo is the same way- it's just the way it is. When there are more people just trying to make ends meet, there are more people who can spend lots of time to make a little money.

Kansas City is another matter- comparing it to Lawrence or Columbia is hardly a fair test as they're very different cities. In the recent post about Colorado Springs- fairly large, 500Kish, I got lucky at one place but it was mostly bereft of anything else (scored a little at KMart but it was all months old prices so the deals weren't great). Des Moines- I've been to a couple of times and had pretty good luck there. Houston- I've always been out towards a rich, suburb-y part so it's like trying to find stuff in OP- it's difficult because there's a huge density of people the store is servicing.

Ultimately, when looking for stores, it's all a numbers game, right? You saw who was scoring in the BB thread (excluding early buyer price matchers): Utah, somewhere in South Carolina, etc- places that didn't have huge population density but have just enough people to sustain a store. KC has their box stores stacked in the suburbs so you can pretty much draw on a map, before looking, where everything will be: one in OP/Lenexa/Leawood, one in Lee's Summit, one in Independence, and one up north somewhere- and that's how it is with most stores, a couple (Target, WalMart) have more, but most have that many or fewer so we're talking 1 per 500K people or more, in general.

Also, in a perfect world, the stores would be in areas of lower traffic- you don't want people "not in the know" randomly picking up great deals, not knowing how good of a deal they stumbled upon. Again, there are not a lot of those around town- most have closed up shop or there were just never ones to begin with. Everything sprouted up around the richer suburbs. So, I think if you put these factors together, those work against the KC area in terms of finding deals.

In the area, Topeka has kindof always been a favorite- it's not a college town and it's only 1 store per 150K tho they only have a TRU, KMart, BB, and Target as the CC closed up shop and they never had a CompUSA that I could remember. St Jo, too. But like anything on CAG, it's hit and miss and those areas are a long way to drive to come up empty.

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']I dunno, really. I don't have all that many points of comparison. I know when I've gone to Iowa City, it's like Lawrence- it's a midwest college town with very little to find. Columbia, Mo is the same way- it's just the way it is. When there are more people just trying to make ends meet, there are more people who can spend lots of time to make a little money.

Kansas City is another matter- comparing it to Lawrence or Columbia is hardly a fair test as they're very different cities. In the recent post about Colorado Springs- fairly large, 500Kish, I got lucky at one place but it was mostly bereft of anything else (scored a little at KMart but it was all months old prices so the deals weren't great). Des Moines- I've been to a couple of times and had pretty good luck there. Houston- I've always been out towards a rich, suburb-y part so it's like trying to find stuff in OP- it's difficult because there's a huge density of people the store is servicing.

Ultimately, when looking for stores, it's all a numbers game, right? You saw who was scoring in the BB thread (excluding early buyer price matchers): Utah, somewhere in South Carolina, etc- places that didn't have huge population density but have just enough people to sustain a store. KC has their box stores stacked in the suburbs so you can pretty much draw on a map, before looking, where everything will be: one in OP/Lenexa/Leawood, one in Lee's Summit, one in Independence, and one up north somewhere- and that's how it is with most stores, a couple (Target, WalMart) have more, but most have that many or fewer so we're talking 1 per 500K people or more, in general.

Also, in a perfect world, the stores would be in areas of lower traffic- you don't want people "not in the know" randomly picking up great deals, not knowing how good of a deal they stumbled upon. Again, there are not a lot of those around town- most have closed up shop or there were just never ones to begin with. Everything sprouted up around the richer suburbs. So, I think if you put these factors together, those work against the KC area in terms of finding deals.

In the area, Topeka has kindof always been a favorite- it's not a college town and it's only 1 store per 150K tho they only have a TRU, KMart, BB, and Target as the CC closed up shop and they never had a CompUSA that I could remember. St Jo, too. But like anything on CAG, it's hit and miss and those areas are a long way to drive to come up empty.

SI[/QUOTE]

I noticed similar when I lived in Minneapolis. It was the stores in the scarier parts of town that you wonder how they even stay in business because the store is dirty and there are never very many people in there when you go. I think you hit the nail on the head for the KC area - there just aren't a lot of those types of places that fly under the radar. Every Best Buy/Target/CC (that I can think of anyway) are spread out and located smack in the middle of the commerce magnet for several suburbs that you're competing with a large group of people who may or may not even know about xyz deal.

The highlight of my old sales territory was going into smaller Missouri towns and finding these unbelievable deals. Or driving home from KC to Texas and stopping in on several small towns in-between. The good ole' days... :)

Dang. I was going to check CompUSA today but just promised the g/f I would meet her for dinner (opposite direction)...

I haven't seen much there anyway. I've been in and out every couple of months for the last year and not much there to begin with at all...

There wasn't anything worth picking up at the Independence CompUSA until the last couple of days when games were 60 or 70 percent off. They raised the prices on so much of their stuff throughout the store, then people saw the big yellow sign that says 30% off and they go bonkers. Their price on floor sample digital cameras was more than a brand new one online.

However, I did manager to grab a couple of PSP games before they shut their doors. I think i paid $8 for Exit and $4 for The Con.

If anyone swings by be sure to report although its probably just best for scoping at the moment.

[quote name='bstan21']There wasn't anything worth picking up at the Independence CompUSA until the last couple of days when games were 60 or 70 percent off. They raised the prices on so much of their stuff throughout the store, then people saw the big yellow sign that says 30% off and they go bonkers. Their price on floor sample digital cameras was more than a brand new one online.

However, I did manager to grab a couple of PSP games before they shut their doors. I think i paid $8 for Exit and $4 for The Con.

If anyone swings by be sure to report although its probably just best for scoping at the moment.[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that when a store goes out of business, they have until a specific date to sell as much merchandise as they want. At a certain date, they sell the entire store and inventory off to liquidators. Those guys hire sign-holders, etc. to stand on the corners with the "10%-Off BLOWOUT!!!!" signs. It's the liquidators who, once they officially own the merchandise, re-establish (= raise) the prices at the level they prefer and do their systematic mark-down.

Like I said, I haven't seen much of anything that I'm terribly excited about at the OP CompUSA since the blowout sale first hit almost a year ago. Once the PSP's and the SP's were gobbled up (by someone who just couldn't wait long enough for them to drop to a reasonable CAG price) I haven't seen anything worth mentioning since. That actually applies to any of the CompUSA stores I have been in since then come to think of it...

Good info, thanks. Makes sense since the liquidation tags are always uniform at every store that seems to go out of business.

So this CompUSA has been in the process of closing for a year?

As of yesterday Comp USA was at 10% off games and accessories. When I asked someone there when the next drop would be, he said he didn't know. He acted like they would sell everything they had at 10% off and that maybe there wouldn't be any more drops (meaning this particular fellow was an idiot;) ).

He's not an idiot, I'm convinced that's what the liquidators instruct employees to say. Out of probably 10 liquidations I've been to in the last 5 years, 10 out of 10 have given me that same line...

At the one in Independence, there was a day of the week that was for clearancing out each department. At that store, all of the game price drops happened on Wednesday.

SI

My boyfriend snagged Tales of Legendia, Grandia III, and Contact for $16.96 each at the Circuit City off Barry Rd. [I asked him if there was anything else he thought I might like, but he said that he wanted to get out of there ASAP because some old man saw him straightening the clearance bin (mild OCD) and assumed he worked there and kept asking him questions.]

Anywho, the point of the post was if anyone's interested, as of roughly 4:30 yesterday they still had copies of Legendia and Grandia. They also had more Contact. It was marked at the clearance price, but still on the shelf.

I just snagged Wario Ware: Touched! at the Topeka TRU Friday for 19.99. They still have tons of slips if anyone wants to make the trip.

I have no idea why this game is fetching such high prices on Ebay. TRU was literally the first place i'd looked since noticing that is was "worth" something.

Went to the Circuit City near Oak Park today. Snagged the last copy of Xenosaga III for $17 so now I have all 3 of those :)

They had 3 or 4 copies of Rocket Slime but after my binge last month, I'm strictly limiting my game buying so I didn't check what the price was. They weren't in the clearance bin but it was the other game I was going to check.

Also in the bin, didn't see Tales of Legendia or Grandia III. Speaking of which, yeah, the big bin is back but this time with the label "16.98 or under". Now, I don't like it as it's not as great a price point, but it makes a lot more sense for business and allows some of us to get in on games (like Xenosaga III) that we'd pay extra for rather than the insane hoardes of ebayers who don't see something like this worth going after.

For the DS, I saw Meteos, Mech Assault, Lost Magic, Metroid Pinball, and Scourge: Hive, but we're talking max of 3 copies of each so they may be gone. Also, lots of PSP that I didn't sift through, quite a few X360 sports games, as well as a decent chunk of GC, PS2, and XBox.

SI

Funny, I was in there last night and saw your copy of Xenosaga III.:) Did you like how I hid it under all those other games for you? I was looking for Grandia III, but didn't see it.

[quote name='sterlingice']Went to the Circuit City near Oak Park today. Snagged the last copy of Xenosaga III for $17 so now I have all 3 of those :)

They had 3 or 4 copies of Rocket Slime but after my binge last month, I'm strictly limiting my game buying so I didn't check what the price was. They weren't in the clearance bin but it was the other game I was going to check.

Also in the bin, didn't see Tales of Legendia or Grandia III. Speaking of which, yeah, the big bin is back but this time with the label "16.98 or under". Now, I don't like it as it's not as great a price point, but it makes a lot more sense for business and allows some of us to get in on games (like Xenosaga III) that we'd pay extra for rather than the insane hoardes of ebayers who don't see something like this worth going after.

For the DS, I saw Meteos, Mech Assault, Lost Magic, Metroid Pinball, and Scourge: Hive, but we're talking max of 3 copies of each so they may be gone. Also, lots of PSP that I didn't sift through, quite a few X360 sports games, as well as a decent chunk of GC, PS2, and XBox.

SI[/quote]

[quote name='pinebarrens']Funny, I was in there last night and saw your copy of Xenosaga III.:) Did you like how I hid it under all those other games for you? I was looking for Grandia III, but didn't see it.[/quote]

It was greatly appreciated :bouncy:

Perhaps that's something I should start doing in the future- basically, when I find some games that I think others might like but I already have or don't have an interest in, just kindof move them off to the side a little and post about it here so we can "share the wealth" a little

SI

bread's done
Back