Kansas CAG Thread

Oak Park CC again today, got $20 because they don't have Boogie in stock.

I should have checked back on here and have them order the points cards last week. Oh well.

Wal Mart by Sprint Campus has DS Rumble Packs for $7, I think it was.
TRU by the Great Mall has Perfect Dark Zero LE 360 for $15, as well as a bunch of other clearance stuff.

[quote name='yaddam205']I am a MC employee at the OP location;

We do buy older systems, however our buy backs aren't any better then gamestop. Right now there are a bunch of used games that are not out on display so ask the guy behind the counter (either Matt or Mikah) to see if they have anything else.

Cheers.[/quote]

Good to know you then. Microcenter is one of my favorite stores. Computers are a hobby of mine. This weekend I needed to buy some slightly obscure ram for a notebook computer. I found it online for $33 and told my wife I could get at least that cheap at MS and not have to wait for shipping. Sure enough it was 25 at MC.

When you say there are more games behind the counter do you mean for every system or just the old ones?

Anyhow, please let us know when you have the good sales in the gamecenter. I got that 30 wireless controller for 30 a few months ago :).

[quote name='yaddam205']I am a MC employee at the OP location;

We do buy older systems, however our buy backs aren't any better then gamestop. Right now there are a bunch of used games that are not out on display so ask the guy behind the counter (either Matt or Mikah) to see if they have anything else.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Heh...

I'd bet I have met you on a number of occasions. I don't guess you could post a list of games that are actually worth trading in at MC? I know there are always a few of them.

Otherwise, I agree with what you posted above. The trade-in prices for classic games are in the dime-quarter range (even the "rare" ones), and ironically the sell price then gets set higher than any other game store in town.

I would be super-excited about finding some games that are worth trading in.

I don't know names, only faces. Any suggestions on games (especially recent clearance games) that are worth trading in there?

Also, do you know anything about upcoming discounts? The prices for used games are just way too high for me there (Mario Classic on gba was $50! - I mean, complete or "new" I could understand, but cart-only?!?!)

[quote name='umcthomas']
When you say there are more games behind the counter do you mean for every system or just the old ones?[/quote]

There are mostly Xbox games back there, a few 360 but they generally get pulled by employees if they are good. One thing I can say is that we generally get about 3-4 wii's a week so if your looking for one be sure to call or come in on Monday/Wed/Thur that is usualy our truck schedule.

If you looking to build a PC come see me ill be the only aussie guy there.

[quote name='yaddam205']
If you looking to build a PC come see me ill be the only aussie guy there.[/quote]
In that case, I think I bought a laser printer from you once.

I already have a Wii, but good to know b/c people always ask me.

The Sears Grand at 87th and 435 has a Xbox Harmony Remote for $80 (I only saw one left). That's a decent price for a great remote. It was on the endcap with all the bargin games that never sell. If anyone picks it up, post here so no one else goes looking for it.

T

FYI: I picked up a copy of Bioshock at CC today and the cashier said that they had sold a ton of them already. I know people are down on CC lately, but I had a gift card.

Sorry for the long absence, guys, but I have been fairly busy either being out of town or working the past couple of weeks so no updates on my end. Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things this week or the next. :)

SI

Just got back from the FYE in Independence (Noland Rd & Hwy 40). The employee putting out games said that they're phasing out their games section and that all new games excluding Wii games are 30% off. Used games are still priced as marked. She also said that some of the older games may be cheaper than marked and to take them to the register to check.

I didn't really notice anything I found interesting, but I thought someone might find the info useful.

As of earlier today, the Walmart on SM prky had ONE hd-dvd add on for the 360 for $115. I assume that the receipt could be used for the free hd-dvds from buying the thing. I would have bought it if I thought I would EVER want it. But I must wait to see what new dvd standard Star Wars is released on to commit.

ADDED TO THIS POST: I forgot to mention that the GameStops in the KC area are not doing the 30% extra on 5 or more tradeins. I was told that they are running a different promotion where you get 20 free music downloads with every 3 trades. As I explained to the employee, the deal is awful. As I explained to my wife, the deal would be great if you downloaded music all the time at full price, but I don't download music at all (I can't get past wanting to own the CD.) I ended up getting the 20% extra tradein for Halo 3. I don't usually buy games when they come out, but between Halo 3 and Bioshock, I'm being spoiled.

T

Did anyone in the area see the new Daxter PSP slim bundles at B&M stores? I was reading about the target.com price error and was going to attempt to match it at Best Buy. I'm probably going to check stores in Liberty tomorrow since I will be in that area anyways.

[quote name='CMorrigu']Didn't see it at TRU, BB, or Target in Olathe last night.[/quote]

I'll be checking the northland stores later this afternoon.

UPDATE: I went to the BB near Metro North Mall and they had about 30 of the Daxter bundles out on the floor. I got them to match the $169.99 Target price. I thought I would post this in case any of you are also looking for this.

[quote name='Chitown021']UPDATE: I went to the BB near Metro North Mall and they had about 30 of the Daxter bundles out on the floor. I got them to match the $169.99 Target price. I thought I would post this in case any of you are also looking for this.[/quote]

Thanks for letting us know. I am happy with the PSP I have though. I use it so rarely that I have no need for a newer/better one.

Anyone notice that there are rarely any good deals out here? I mean, there is no one store I think "I should go check that store out to see what's new there today." If one store would step up and sell a game a cost every couple weeks then we'd go there more often.

Made a little stop in Topeka on Tuesday (I know, I know, it's already next Monday so this is probably stale news)

Went to the Toys R Us on Wanamaker and picked up Baten Kaitos Origins for $16. Also, snagged a pull tag for Lost Magic for the DS for $10 (so $8 with discount). Unfortunately, no copies in the back so they refunded my money :(
No copies of Final Fantasy 3, but I picked that up later in the week at the 95th and Quivira TRU in KC.

At Target, people had been reporting Okami as clearanced. No luck in Topeka as it rang up for $40 there.

SI

CC in OP at 119th & Metcalf has a 33% off Clearance items sale. I picked up the following:

$ 8.68 Bomberman Act Zero 360
$11.36 Just Cause 360
$11.36 Bionicle Heroes 360
$11.36 Tony Hawk American Wasteland 360
$11.36 Condemned: Criminal Origins 360
$34.99 Super Mario Strikers Wii
$ 6.00 True Swing Golf DS
$ 8.68 Magical Starsign DS
$ 8.68 Lost Magic DS
$ 3.32 Eye Toy Operation Spy PS2
$11.36 God Hand PS2
$11.36 Superman Returns 360

Strikers was in the same box, so I had them give me the discount.

[quote name='CMorrigu']CC in OP at 119th & Metcalf has a 33% off Clearance items sale. I picked up the following:

$ 8.68 Bomberman Act Zero 360
$11.36 Just Cause 360
$11.36 Bionicle Heroes 360
$11.36 Tony Hawk American Wasteland 360
$11.36 Condemned: Criminal Origins 360
$34.99 Super Mario Strikers Wii
$ 6.00 True Swing Golf DS
$ 8.68 Magical Starsign DS
$ 8.68 Lost Magic DS
$ 3.32 Eye Toy Operation Spy PS2
$11.36 God Hand PS2
$11.36 Superman Returns 360

Strikers was in the same box, so I had them give me the discount.[/quote]

Thanks, looks like some good deals. I would take advantage, but I doubt I will get to CC for several days given my schedule.

T

[quote name='umcthomas']Thanks, looks like some good deals. I would take advantage, but I doubt I will get to CC for several days given my schedule.

T[/QUOTE]

Most of it wasn't low quantity. I think I got the last Superman, but there was plenty of other stuff in stock. The Oak Park CC didn't have this deal.

[quote name='CMorrigu']Most of it wasn't low quantity. I think I got the last Superman, but there was plenty of other stuff in stock. The Oak Park CC didn't

Funny then, as Superman was the one I was most interested in. Although, I shouldn't be buying games anyway. I have made quite the effort this year to keep my backlog to a minimum. I'm currently fininshing bioshock and want to be finished before halo 3 comes out. However, I still have FFII, FFXII, VivaPinata, PerfectDark0, and TwilightPrincess to play. Not to mention all the LiveArcade games I still need to play and the Virtual Console games I haven't even bought to play yet. So...no new games for me.

[quote name='CMorrigu']Most of it wasn't low quantity. I think I got the last Superman, but there was plenty of other stuff in stock. The Oak Park CC didn't have this deal.[/QUOTE]

WB man.

FYI Metroid Price 3 is 5 dollars off retail at Nebraska Furniture Mart in op. Some other titles too, madden 08, stuntman, MoH:Airborne, tiger woods 08 too i think, through the 15th i believe.

I may go check out that CC for Lost Magic and Magical Starsign. I was planning on hitting up the CC by Oak Park and the Sears on Metcalf today as well if I get a chance.

SI

Anyone ever know what happened with the Topeka Gamestop? It had been listing tons of old PSX RPGs and it looks like they're finally gone :(

(think "Mr Subliminal" from SNL in the 90s)
I went in there a couple of times to pry information out of them and they seemed to not know what I was talking about (liars) or maybe they really didn't know (idiots). So I'm sure someone (bastard employee) bought them all for his/her collection (ebay) rather than sharing the wealth with everyone for the betterment of gamer kind (rot in hell).

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']I may go check out that CC for Lost Magic and Magical Starsign. I was planning on hitting up the CC by Oak Park and the Sears on Metcalf today as well if I get a chance.[/QUOTE]

I just saw the Sears clearance thread, so I'm wanting to head that way, as well. There's several cheap games I'd like to pick up.

[quote name='umcthomas']Although, I shouldn't be buying games anyway. I have made quite the effort this year to keep my backlog to a minimum. So...no new games for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've got quite a backlog, myself. I just can't help it when I see good deals. There's a stack of PSP games I got recently that I haven't touched yet, plus all these new ones this week.

It's been a while since I've have some time to hit up the local stores like this but the last couple of days have been really slow at work so I've been able to take a lunch hour and do some looking around. Everything's on the Kansas side for this installment.

Again, typical disclaimers- I don't really look at stuff in ugly green boxes as I don't have a Microsoft system. I'm mainly looking for Nintendo stuff and things to fill out my PS2 collection so, of course, my definition of "nothing of note" varies from many others.

Tuesday

Toys R Us (K7ish area) - No Lost Magic. Even tho it didn't get great reviews, for some reason I've wanted it since running into the clearance and not getting it in Topeka last week. Struck out again here. Things of note that were in stock and clearanced price: Suikoden Tactics (they've had copies here for at least 3 months), Metal Gear Solid 3, and 2 copies of Rocket Slime which I strongly considered getting but it was still around $20 so I decided against.

KMart (Santa Fe) - Didn't get anything here either, but did see a couple of things that stuck out. If you can't find Baten Kaitos Origins for $15 at TRU, they have it for $20 at KMart. I also saw a couple of copies of Disgaea 2 in the little clearance display box. Also, if you're looking to fill out an "old" collection of XBox 360, there were $15 copies of stuff like Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, and Phantasy Star Universe. Don't know if there was any additional stacking discount on top of anything.

Wednesday Lunch

Circuit City (119th/Metcalf) - Nothing that I can remember right off hand. They had 2 large bins of stuff but none of what I was looking for from CC (Lost Magic, Magical Starsign). Looked fairly picked over.

Circuit City (Oak Park Mall) - Finally! Heck, more luck than I expected. They didn't have anything marked right but I decided to give a try. I saw a copy of Phoenix Wright 2 (only one, I think) for $20 so I said "what the heck" and also a copy of Magical Starsign for $30. They ring up Magical Starsign and at $8 and I was happy and then when my order rang up for only $20 as Phoenix Wright only was $10, I was thrilled. There is a second copy of Magical Starsign there, but it was hiding behind something else so you might have to dig. In fact, at both CC's, there didn't seem to be much order at all and this was to the stuff on the shelf. There were no bins at this CC and it looks like a lot of stuff is marked incorrect but that's the best kind of sale if you've done your homework. The only down note is that, while driving back, I realized I completely forgot to check for Valkyrie Profile 2, which was what I wanted to go there for in the first place.

Wednesday Night

Sears (~99th/Metcalf) - The other place I've been wanting to score big at is a Sears. There are sales on Mario&Luigi (DS), older Nintendogs versions, Mario Strikers (GC), and old Mario Party games (if you can find them). This one had none of the above, unfortunately. As people have been reporting in the Sears thread, nothing's really marked right and it's not until you put it in the system that it might come up. Unfortunately, since I didn't see the ones I set out for and there's not really a complete list, there were probably some good deals I completely overlooked. There were a pair of pretty full bins of all sorts of stuff including some good games but I'm not sure what is on clearance and what is just on "sale" for $19.99.

KMart (95th/Metcalf) - Not much here, either. It had a similar maybe even slightly larger collection of $15 and $25 XBox 360 games in the little clearance box but that's about it. Didn't really see anything of interest.

Sears (Shawnee Mission Pkwy) - I'm not sure how pricing goes on this since it's a converted KMar-- err--- Sears Grand. This store has always priced things differently from both Sears and KMart so I think it's typically a crapshoot. They did have some of the pink Sears clearance tags out (none at the above store) like the one in Independence Center has had from time to time, but nothing with an earth shattering price. However there was a pretty good selection of games that were a few bucks off and are hard to find if clearanced elsewhere so maybe it's a good place to save $5 on something you've wanted. All of the following were in the low $20 or less but not real cheap: Elite Beat Agents (really should have pulled the trigger on this), Castlevania: POR, Kirby Canvas Curse and for the GBA: Mario Tennis, Pokemon: Sapphire (yes, they still have a copy), and Final Fantasy 4. Also, they had a giant display at the front that I'm not sure how I missed when I came in, listing games at "under $20" but with no tags or anything. There were some decent finds there if they turn out to have a good price and unlike a KMart, they typically have someone back in electronics but it was getting late so I decided to pass tonight.

It was fun to get back into the swing of things. There's just not a ton out there for me to snag since older generation stuff is trickling out a slow rate, I have most of the DS stuff I want, and I don't have any next gen units yet.

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']KMart (Santa Fe) - I also saw a couple of copies of Disgaea 2 in the little clearance display box.[/QUOTE]

Any idea on price?

[quote name='sterlingice'][/U][/B]Circuit City (119th/Metcalf) - Nothing that I can remember right off hand. They had 2 large bins of stuff but none of what I was looking for from CC (Lost Magic, Magical Starsign). Looked fairly picked over.[/QUOTE]

I apologize, I should have mentioned that I found some of the other stuff on the clerance wall, not in the bin. And I found the copy of Superman 360 in the regular section. The fine print of the 33% off sale says "anything ending in .96" so everything is game. Some were mislabeled, but rang up correctly.

[quote name='sterlingice']Circuit City (Oak Park Mall) - They didn't have anything marked right but I decided to give a try. I saw a copy of Phoenix Wright 2 (only one, I think) for $20 so I said "what the heck" and also a copy of Magical Starsign for $30. They ring up Magical Starsign and at $8 and I was happy and then when my order rang up for only $20 as Phoenix Wright only was $10, I was thrilled. There were no bins at this CC and it looks like a lot of stuff is marked incorrect but that's the best kind of sale if you've done your homework. The only down note is that, while driving back, I realized I completely forgot to check for Valkyrie Profile 2, which was what I wanted to go there for in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I just checked the bins they had in the center aisle of the store - the first few are movies, then there's a games bin with more current stuff, then one with GBA, then 2 with music. I didn't think to check prices on what was on the shelf, as I didn't see the clearance sign anywhere. I may head back that way today, and perhaps hit Sears and K-mart as well.

[quote name='CMorrigu']Any idea on price?[/quote]
Whoops- just reread what I wrote and it wasn't clear. $20(ish), maybe $21- but you get the idea.

I apologize, I should have mentioned that I found some of the other stuff on the clerance wall, not in the bin. And I found the copy of Superman 360 in the regular section. The fine print of the 33% off sale says "anything ending in .96" so everything is game. Some were mislabeled, but rang up correctly.
Oh yeah, forgot about the wall. Looked over there and didn't see anything I wanted but there was a lot there. Didn't know abotu the 33% off, tho.

Wow, I just checked the bins they had in the center aisle of the store - the first few are movies, then there's a games bin with more current stuff, then one with GBA, then 2 with music. I didn't think to check prices on what was on the shelf, as I didn't see the clearance sign anywhere. I may head back that way today, and perhaps hit Sears and K-mart as well.

I must have just completely missed the bins- I was just in the games section. Anything you find of value at the Sears or KMart, I'm curious what I might have overlooked

SI

I was out at Nebraska Furniture Mart this morning helping my sister pick up a laptop for school. I picked up Elite Beat Agents for the DS for $10! This is a bargain for an awesome game. They had several copies in a rack near the registers.

[quote name='sterlingice']Oh yeah, forgot about the wall. Looked over there and didn't see anything I wanted but there was a lot there. Didn't know abotu the 33% off, tho.

I must have just completely missed the bins- I was just in the games section. Anything you find of value at the Sears or KMart, I'm curious what I might have overlooked[/QUOTE]

Went to Sears and K-Mart off Metcalf yesterday, didn't find much. Astonisha Story and Mortal Kombat Unchained for PSP at Sears, but didn't pick them up. There were some 360 games at K-Mart, but the marked prices weren't low enough for me to actually buy.

[quote name='Chitown021']I was out at Nebraska Furniture Mart this morning helping my sister pick up a laptop for school. I picked up Elite Beat Agents for the DS for $10![/QUOTE]

I may try to head out there today to grab that.

I didn't get out to Nebraska, but I hit up the Olathe K-Mart. Ended up grabbing Kameo for $15, Rogue Galaxy for $20, and Disgaea 2 for $25. Not the best deals, but RG was still $40 at BB.

Also went by BB Olathe and saw the stack of Halo 360's and Wiis.

Well, let me just start by saying that I/we saved quite a bit of money. $364, according to the receipts.

I went to the Great Mall TRU and picked up:
360 ShadowRun $35.99
360 Lost Planet $35.99
360 Call Of Duty 3 Gold $0
360 F.E.A.R. $26.99
360 Call Of Duty 2 Plat $26.99
360 Marvel UA Plat $0
360 Skate $53.99
360 R6 Vegas $53.99
360 Blue Dragon $0
360 The Outfit $17.99
360 PGR3 $17.99
DS DQ Heroes RS $0

Then I talked to some people and went over to the Oak Park TRU, where we grabbed:
PS3 Untold Legends DK $44.99
Wii MySims $44.99
Wii MySims $0
Wii Big Brain $44.99
Wii Big Brain $44.99
Wii Metroid Prime 3 $0
Wii Carnival Games $35.99
PSP Jeanne D'Arc $26.99
PS3 Genji $0
DS Picross $17.99
DS Yugioh Spirit Caller $17.99
DS Final Fantasy III $0
PSP AC Adapter $8.98
PSP Dock $1.21

And that's not mentioning the run to CC on 119th/Metcalf for:
360 PGR3 $0
360 Bionicle $12
360 Phantasy Star $12
360 ?(I forget the other title)? $12
Xbx Fable $6

I signed up for a credit card at TRU to save an extra 10% off, making this a REALLY good deal, although that card now has $600 on it (I saved an extra $60!). And yes, most of that was mine. I now have games to play for approximately the next 12 months.

The CC at 119th and Metcalf not longer has the clearance wall. It's now all in one of the aisles. They finally went back and reduced the PGR3 and Kameo prices to $19.99, and still have the 33% off clearance sale. Wii Mario Strikers is still in that same box.

Of the two TRU's, the Great Mall one is the best bet. If you can't find your 3rd game there, try the OP one. It's just harder to browse there - lots of things are in stock only behind the counter, and you have to price check since labels are often wrong or missing. I'd like to thank Jay from the OP location for being very helpful in checking prices on various titles for us as we were trying to figure out which titles we wanted to mix & match.

Average Price Per Game from TRU came out to $24.59.

[quote name='CMorrigu']Well, let me just start by saying that I/we saved quite a bit of money. $364, according to the receipts.

I went to the Great Mall TRU and picked up:
360 ShadowRun $35.99
360 Lost Planet $35.99
360 Call Of Duty 3 Gold $0
360 F.E.A.R. $26.99
360 Call Of Duty 2 Plat $26.99
360 Marvel UA Plat $0
360 Skate $53.99
360 R6 Vegas $53.99
360 Blue Dragon $0
360 The Outfit $17.99
360 PGR3 $17.99
DS DQ Heroes RS $0

Then I talked to some people and went over to the Oak Park TRU, where we grabbed:
PS3 Untold Legends DK $44.99
Wii MySims $44.99
Wii MySims $0
Wii Big Brain $44.99
Wii Big Brain $44.99
Wii Metroid Prime 3 $0
Wii Carnival Games $35.99
PSP Jeanne D'Arc $26.99
PS3 Genji $0
DS Picross $17.99
DS Yugioh Spirit Caller $17.99
DS Final Fantasy III $0
PSP AC Adapter $8.98
PSP Dock $1.21

And that's not mentioning the run to CC on 119th/Metcalf for:
360 PGR3 $0
360 Bionicle $12
360 Phantasy Star $12
360 ?(I forget the other title)? $12
Xbx Fable $6

I signed up for a credit card at TRU to save an extra 10% off, making this a REALLY good deal, although that card now has $600 on it (I saved an extra $60!). And yes, most of that was mine. I now have games to play for approximately the next 12 months.

The CC at 119th and Metcalf not longer has the clearance wall. It's now all in one of the aisles. They finally went back and reduced the PGR3 and Kameo prices to $19.99, and still have the 33% off clearance sale. Wii Mario Strikers is still in that same box.

Of the two TRU's, the Great Mall one is the best bet. If you can't find your 3rd game there, try the OP one. It's just harder to browse there - lots of things are in stock only behind the counter, and you have to price check since labels are often wrong or missing. I'd like to thank Jay from the OP location for being very helpful in checking prices on various titles for us as we were trying to figure out which titles we wanted to mix & match.

Average Price Per Game from TRU came out to $24.59.[/quote]

Wow, that's a lot of games. I hope you have some time on your hands!

is anybody planning on going to the halo 3 midnight release at best buy? also has anyone heard what they'll be giving out? the main thread doesn't have anything solid posted so I thought maybe my local cagers have had a bit more luck.

Not earthshattering, but the CC on 95th has the Halo 3 guide for sale today. It rings up for the sale price ($14.99) as well, so anyone wanting to grab it ahead of time can make a stop there. I picked it up there because I still had a $20 giftcard.

As far as BB, the only info I could get was that they would at least have some extra Legendary Editions to sell at midnight. Nothing on the giveaways though.

HALO 3 Midnight Launch at MicroCenter:

Just as heads up to people still wandering where to go for the big night.

Pre-order for $5 and get a $10 giftcard.

Halo costume contest; The best looking costume based on a character from the series will be awarded
Halo 3: Legendary Edition.

We will have bawls in coolers, multiplayer events with 3 Xbox 360's linked.

and of coruse your resident Aussie.. my self will be keeping the chumps in line. ;)

See you there!

[quote name='jdough']Can you still reserve the Legendary Edition at MC? If not, will there be extras available for purchase at midnight?[/quote]

Only the Standard edition can be reserved.

All of the Halo 3 accessoires will be out including the Halo 3 Xbox 360.

BB Olathe had Wii's in stock last night. They also had Pokemon skins for GC marked "free." And a couple H3 Legendaries left.

So, did anyone go to any of the midnight events? I had thought about it, but work and school keep me too tired to stay up. I'm just wondering what sort of things the local shops had going on. And, MC guy, what costume won the prize?

I was going to go to the best buy event but upon getting there and realizing the line was wrapped around the building I decided waiting an hour for a shirt and a hat wasn't worth it so I went to Walmart and was 10th in line at 11:30, out the door at 12:10 with limited edition in hand and a super sweet dog tag haha.

ah and I went to circuit city the next day to pick up my pre order because I wanted the wall graphic which is amazing by the way, just like a fathead, and bought a legendary edition. so now i have limited and legendary....oober nerdz

I read about the Movie Gallery/Hollywood Video store closings in another thread. Are any of the stores in the KC metro area going to close? I've got one up near me here in the Northland I might have to check out.

[quote name='Chitown021']I read about the Movie Gallery/Hollywood Video store closings in another thread. Are any of the stores in the KC metro area going to close? I've got one up near me here in the Northland I might have to check out.[/quote]

I checked out one store in my area and all the games are marked down 20%. The selection was pretty terrible though.

bread's done
Back