Kansas CAG Thread

[quote name='pinebarrens']I checked out one store in my area and all the games are marked down 20%. The selection was pretty terrible though.[/quote]

Which store was that?

[quote name='umcthomas']So, did anyone go to any of the midnight events? I had thought about it, but work and school keep me too tired to stay up. I'm just wondering what sort of things the local shops had going on. And, MC guy, what costume won the prize?[/quote]

Some kid, with a full Master Chief outfit featuring a magnetic back for his gun, and the halo theme song streating from speakers in his outfit.

No competition really.

If anyone is looking for Elite Beat Agents, the Sears at Independence Center has a bin with a sign that says Everything in this Bin $3.97. Four copies of EBA are in there (even though it's marked $23.98). There were also some PSP accessories, some gameboy to gamecube connectors, Mario Tennis for GBA, some random PSP games, and a copy of Tales of Phantasia.

There was nothing in the bin I wanted/needed, so I didn't price check anything. But there were two employees looking through it while I was there. They were discussing how they could do some cheap Christmas shopping with some of that stuff.

[quote name='sheepboy_1923']If anyone is looking for Elite Beat Agents, the Sears at Independence Center has a bin with a sign that says Everything in this Bin $3.97. Four copies of EBA are in there (even though it's marked $23.98). There were also some PSP accessories, some gameboy to gamecube connectors, Mario Tennis for GBA, some random PSP games, and a copy of Tales of Phantasia.

There was nothing in the bin I wanted/needed, so I didn't price check anything. But there were two employees looking through it while I was there. They were discussing how they could do some cheap Christmas shopping with some of that stuff.[/quote]

If you try to buy EBA from the bin they'll probably shut you down. I found 2 copies of Ratchet & Clank for the PSP in the "All games $19.99 and under bin". I took it over to the register and it rang up $39.99. I told him I found it in the bin (the game did not have a price tag) and I wanted it for the $19.99 price. He called the manager and the manager told me it was a mistake, it was too new to be that cheap, and he put it in the glass case.

I think someone tried to get some really cheap games at Sears grand over in Lenxa. I was in the mens clothing and found about 5 games shoved to the back of a slacks rack. Mostly PSP games. I just walked them over to electronics but no one seemed concerned so I left them on the counter.

*update* I am now more sure the games ended up there from an effort to steal them. I was in the store today and some employees were discussing how to plug a gap between the game area and the rest of the store. I hope this helps, stealing games just increases the prices for the rest of us.

Anyone tried to do anything at Micro Center on Metcalf? There's a thread about a lot of tradein shenanigans you can do and I was wondering how the one in KC is handling this stuff

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']Anyone tried to do anything at Micro Center on Metcalf? There's a thread about a lot of tradein shenanigans you can do and I was wondering how the one in KC is handling this stuff

SI[/quote]

Well I work there, what's your query?

[quote name='sterlingice']Anyone tried to do anything at Micro Center on Metcalf? There's a thread about a lot of tradein shenanigans you can do and I was wondering how the one in KC is handling this stuff

SI[/quote]

I went and traded in a few games, but was denied getting more than 1 $25 bonus credit coupon. It isn't really worth it.

[quote name='yaddam205']Well I work there, what's your query?[/quote]

So...I bought some computer stuffs at MC yesterday (~$60 worth) and as usualy they already had my address once my credit card was scaned. They guy asked to see my card and then asked to see my ID. First time I've had to go through all that out there. Have there been some problems lately, are they getting ready for the Christmas scams, or did the checker just not like me?

I'm always slightly dissappointed in the game section out there. Ever since I got the $30 wireless controller for 360 I expect to find similarly great deals. The prices on some of the used games are a little high too. Still, MC will always get my computer parts business and I will always check out the games before I leave the store.

T

Went to Sears at the Independece Center remembering the EBA thing, found they had one copy left, took it up to the counter and no problems at all. $4.28 with tax(darn 7.725% tax for this new arena in Indep is kinda stupid but it should be cool)

Not much, Ape Escape Acadamy was in there, and some 360 faceplates, the silver one the Wooden one, and a Viva Pinata one

Some GBA-GC cords, 3rd party remotes for the PS2

Well, here we go again. I went out to the 2 local TRU's trying to find anything interesting in stock that I didn't pick up last time. Particularly, I wanted the Orange Box. Neither of them had it, or much of anything else I wanted immediately. I was bummed.

So we headed over to Best Buy, and I saw a shelf full of Orange Boxes... And I was thinking, "Doesn't BB price match? I wonder..." So I asked the nearest blue shirt about it, and they told me that they would surely match it if they could quickly look up the deal online or if I had the ad. Score.

So I grabbed:
PSP Final Fantasy Tactics The War of the Lions $39.99
PSP Final Fantasy $29.99
PSP Dead Head Fred $0.01
360 Stranglehold CE $69.99
360 The Orange Box $59.99
360 Eternal Sonata $0.01

Not bad. Had to check out at the Customer Service desk, and have the person warn me that they want the ad in-hand to price match, instead of having to look it up online. Either way, I got the deal and a MUCH better selection to choose from.

And then headed over to GameStop, where I saw Untold Legends: Dark Kingdoms new for $19.99. We also hit Circuit City, but I didn't see much besides the Buy 1 Get 1 BluRay deal that I decided to pass on for now.

Hey all, if anybody sees a Wii in the KC area at a store could you either post here or PM me please! Bonner Springs Wal Mart had 29 of them but they were all gone by the time I got wind of it. Thanks!

[quote name='rdwd39']Hey all, if anybody sees a Wii in the KC area at a store could you either post here or PM me please! Bonner Springs Wal Mart had 29 of them but they were all gone by the time I got wind of it. Thanks![/quote]

try calling the umkc campus bookstore.

T

Called and she said I was put on the waiting list, I was about tenth in line and she didn't know if they were going to get anymore before Christmas. Thanks for the help so far guys, keep it up!

[quote name='rdwd39']Hey all, if anybody sees a Wii in the KC area at a store could you either post here or PM me please! Bonner Springs Wal Mart had 29 of them but they were all gone by the time I got wind of it. Thanks![/quote]

Damn I wish I had known you were looking last week. The Target off of Chouteau and I-35 had about 12 of them for a couple days in the case. If I see anymore I'll let you know.

Did anyone get in on the Blockbuster 5 for $25 coupon error in the KC area? I went to try at the GameRush store near Antioch Center but was too late (couldn't go until almost 6:00PM).

[quote name='rdwd39']Called and she said I was put on the waiting list, I was about tenth in line and she didn't know if they were going to get anymore before Christmas. Thanks for the help so far guys, keep it up![/quote]

The put me on that "wait list" and it only took a day or two before there was one available. Call back every week and ask. I was told that many college students reserve them then don't pick it up because they are too poor. I take night classes there and asked/bought one when I went to get books for the summer session.

Also, I have seen stacks of them sitting on WalMart shelves in small rural towns. If you happen to have a need to drive out of town then call ahead to some of the WalMarts and ask about stock.

T

I got one! I wound up scoring one on Craigs list. Here's my "haul"

Wii Console with cables, box, papers
3 wii motes
2 chucks
1 classic controller
zelda twilight princess
mario party 8
8 VC games

all for $350, I think that was a pretty good deal. I definitely need to pick up some component cables to compliment my new HD. Any suggestions there, or any other essentials I need to pick up? I'm so glad I got one, my girlfriend always gives me a hard time about playing too many video games but I brought it home tonight and we've been playing for a few hours and she loves it! Thanks again for all the help fellow cagers!!! Oh and one more question...was anyone able to score the 3 saw's for $22 or however much it was. There was a deal posted about it in the dvd forum. Just curious.

Just so everyone knows, the BB on 95th is accepting price matches on the buy 2 get 1 free from TRU. I had the ad, so I would reccommend picking that up, as it is right next door. I would have no problem getting the games at TRU but they don't ever have stuff when it comes out. As it is, I scored Orange Box (360), Big Brain Academy (Wii), and Tiger Woods 08 (Wii).

The TRU match at BB seem good. I've done some math and think that it would be much cheaper for me to use GamePass so I'm going to go that route for a while. Anyone have any experience with GamePAss?

Oh, I forgot to specify that the Oak Park Mall BB is where I got my TRU Price Match.

I had a GamePass for a couple months, and enjoyed it. The best thing is to get it at one near your home and/or one that you pass by regularly. I had up to I think 4 different games in the same day, just because it was so close and I could. They had plenty of games from each console, so that was nice. It's better for the short-term kind of games - either a try it before you purchase, a short game you can beat in a day or two, a game you're getting just for the points, an online event game (tournament, etc), or one to play when friends/relatives drop by for the weekend. If you're going to play a game long term, you may as well just buy it and use the GamePass for the others.

I've been buying so many games lately that it's just not worth it to have the GamePass - I have plenty of variety to keep me busy for awhile. But I do think it is a great deal. If you were to buy/trade as many games as you can play on it, you'd spend much more.

[quote name='CMorrigu']But I do think it is a great deal. If you were to buy/trade as many games as you can play on it, you'd spend much more.[/quote]
Thanks, I bit the bullet and got it today. When I drove by BB I decided that if they had Beautiful Katamri then I would go ahead. I liked the first game in the series but can't justify buying this one, geting my fill for a few days and then selling it the next week (can we say bioshock boys and girls?) They had one copy left.

I also have an unoffical and no time limit contest to beat CheapyD's Gamerscore. I'm happy everytime he says he likes a ps3 or wii game b/c that means he will be playing that instead of the 360. At the rate I am gaining, I should catch up to him within the next 2 years.

edit: It seems that the rental was a good call. I've already finished the main quest of Katimari and have only a slight desire to play anymore.

T

[quote name='umcthomas']Thanks, I bit the bullet and got it today.

I also have an unoffical and no time limit contest to beat CheapyD's Gamerscore.
edit: It seems that the renal was a good call. I've already finished the main quest of Katimari and have only a slight desire to play anymore.[/QUOTE]

Glad it's working out for you. I have the same experience with Katamari - play for an hour or two, then I'm done with it.

If you want to get your gamerscore up, just gamepass those old sports games with the easy points, suffer through King Kong, etc. You can double your score in a weekend that way.

[quote name='CMorrigu']Glad it's working out for you. I have the same experience with Katamari - play for an hour or two, then I'm done with it.

If you want to get your gamerscore up, just gamepass those old sports games with the easy points, suffer through King Kong, etc. You can double your score in a weekend that way.[/quote]
I tried King Kong once (used to be blocbuster online gave free in-store game rental coupons) and it was such a bad game I couldn't finish playing it. Although I probably will for the points someday (just not someday soon). I more or less work on a school schedule so I have plenty of time for my point nerdom in the summer.

Thanks for the Xbox Live invite. You are officially my first friend list friend. If others from KS/MO want to add me then I might just punch in my xbox live gold subscription that I bought a month ago and play online.

T

RDW39: I sent you a friend request b/c of your gamertag, I just meant to send a message to see if I could send a friend request, but thems the breaks. I should ask you whether you are a hitman from mizzou or you are a hitman after mizzou.

RDW39: I sent you a friend request b/c of your gamertag, I just meant to send a message to see if I could send a friend request, but thems the breaks. I should ask you whether you are a hitman from mizzou or you are a hitman after mizzou.

[/quote]

Well, I went to Mizzou the past two years but now live in Kansas City and go to UMKC. I assume you ask because you are a jayhawk fan? If so, then I cannot be your friend....haha, that would be lame. I actually bought my wii from a guy that lived in Lawrence and attended there, oh and my advisor here at UMKC is Mike Mangioni's (sp?) daughter. Weird when I went in her office and she had a pic of herself hugging him. :)

I assume you ask because you are a jayhawk fan? If so, then I cannot be your friend....

Actually, the "umc" in "umcthomas" stands for university of Missouri - Columbia. I got an undergraduate and graduate degree from Mizzou. My wife got her undergraduate from Mizzou but is at KU for graduate school now. I'm kicking it over at UMKC for a second graduate degree during the evening as well.

[quote name='umcthomas']I tried King Kong once (used to be blocbuster online gave free in-store game rental coupons) and it was such a bad game I couldn't finish playing it. Although I probably will for the points someday (just not someday soon). I more or less work on a school schedule so I have plenty of time for my point nerdom in the summer.

Thanks for the Xbox Live invite. You are officially my first friend list friend. If others from KS/MO want to add me then I might just punch in my xbox live gold subscription that I bought a month ago and play online. [/QUOTE]

It's pretty bad, but very easy as long as you can stomach it. I think it took me two afternoons to make my way to the end. I almost stopped several times because it was painful.

Amazing, you should cultivate more friends on Live - it adds to the experience. I started with just RL friends, but have started adding more from various places and it is amazing how different it is to come online to 20 people playing various games. Not to mention, getting invites to multi various games at random times.

See you online.

[quote name='CMorrigu']
Amazing, you should cultivate more friends on Live - it adds to the experience. I started with just RL friends, but have started adding more from various places and it is amazing how different it is to come online to 20 people playing various games. Not to mention, getting invites to multi various games at random times.
[/quote]
Fair enough. I'll put in my subscription this weekend.

If anyone else would like to request for my friends list, go ahead.

edit: ** i'm now fully subscribed to xbox live.

[quote name='umcthomas']Fair enough. I'll put in my subscription this weekend.[/QUOTE]

I can also recommend LAG, XMG, and LeMed if you're looking for more players. Those sites generally have someone playing something at all hours.

Hey folks,

There is a thread about best buy's clearance onthe turtle beach Ear Force X2 wireless headphones. The Best Buy on Quivira has one left at $32. It's marked 70 and is in a separate place from the new X3s but it rings up at $32. There might be more in the back of the store since only 2 can fiton the shelf at a time. I got one of the two on display.

They do not have the 360 game stick that is being clearanced though.

T

Nothing too exciting here: The best buy on Metcalf has the MadCatz arcade stick thing (360) for 9.99 on clearance. They have at least 2 left as of this morning. They ARE marked as 9.99 so who knows how long theywill last. Personally, I feel this is the price they should have been all along. I picked one up so the Mrs. has something to give me for Christmas.

T

[quote name='umcthomas']Nothing too exciting here: The bust buy on Metcalf has the MadCatz arcade stick thing (360) for 9.99 on clearance. They have at least 2 left as of this morning. They ARE marked as 9.99 so who knows how long theywill last. Personally, I feel this is the price they should have been all along. I picked one up so the Mrs. has something to give me for Christmas.[/QUOTE]

Figures, the one BB we didn't hit last night. I'll have to stop by there after work and pick it up if it's still there. I haven't seen any other notable deals lately.

just thought I'd mention, TRU is still doing pre orders for mario galaxy so we can take advantage of the $25 giftcard. Also, they have the motorola coaches headset at Marshalls on 91st and Metcalf for $12. Seemed like a good price but I think I remember some bad things being said about it.

My wife and I were shopping at the Lawrence Target yesterday and there were a couple of clearance endcaps and they actually had games for the first time in forever. They typically have a clearance endcap and a value games endcap but they've actually started marking some of their value games down with orange tags (for instance, Mario Sunshine was $13.97). Not much good on the clearance endcap, as per usual.

SI

[quote name='umcthomas']The best buy on Metcalf has the MadCatz arcade stick thing (360) for 9.99 on clearance.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed the next-to-last one after work Fri. Wow, Time Pilot is an easy 130 points. Astropop is a bit more difficult. I didn't try the joystick yet, but it didn't feel too great when I tested it out unplugged. And the whole thing had a nice thick layer of dust on the packaging. Think it'd been in the warehouse for awhile?

I was in KC yesterday and popped into the Target on 135th and State Line. They had some original Xbox games on clearance for $4.98. Here's what I remember seeing:
Tony Hawk AW
COD Special Edition (was that COD2 or 3?)
Godfather
Midnight Club (Dub ed., I think)
50 cent bulletproof
NBA 07

Nothing huge or earth shattering, but I was at Nebraska Furniture Mart yesterday and picked up Elite Beat Agents, Sly 2 (GH), and Wild Arms 3 all for $10 or less and there were still copies sitting around.

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']Nothing huge or earth shattering, but I was at Nebraska Furniture Mart yesterday and picked up Elite Beat Agents, Sly 2 (GH), and Wild Arms 3 all for $10 or less and there were still copies sitting around.

SI[/quote]

Were those copies of EBA in a rack near the register? I picked one up a couple months ago. I'm surprised they still have them.

If you preordered super mario galaxy and would like to play the game I would reccommend getting to Toys R Us fast. The guy I talked to at my store (95th st) said they don't know who's pre order belongs to who so they were just selling the game to whoever was there. I got there at about 11 and there was 10 or so soccer moms without preorders that were able to get copies. Just a heads up, oh and gamestop said assassins creed would be available tomorrow.

[quote name='pinebarrens']Anyone have any extra tickets to the KU-MU game next Saturday?[/quote]

I wish. That is going to be one awesome game! GO MIZZOU!

bread's done
Back