Kansas CAG Thread

[quote name='Chitown021']I wish. That is going to be one awesome game! GO MIZZOU![/quote]

Sorry, but Reesing is gonna tear you guys up!

[quote name='pinebarrens']Sorry, but Reesing is gonna tear you guys up![/quote]
Not to turn this thread into a MU-KU thread but.... Mizzou is the first real team KU will play. Sure Reesing has lit it up against I-AA cupcakes but that's just fattened them up prime for a Mizzou Thanksgiving feast!

Yeah, well I guess you guys will be our next cupcake. I better stop before this gets ugly. Feel free to jump in at any time, Sterling.

[quote name='pinebarrens']Yeah, well I guess you guys will be our next cupcake. I better stop before this gets ugly. Feel free to jump in at any time, Sterling.[/quote]

LOL this is the most action this thread has had in awhile:lol:

Go Mizzou! I have 2 degrees from them and my wife has one. Of course she is now in grad schook at KU so we are turing into a house divided.

t

go JAYHAWKS I had tickets lol but uh yeah got rid of them.. cough $$ cough plus I'll be in Wichita =)

Chase Daniel and Reesing are both gonna light it up I think, but the 2AA cupcakes? We've played a similar schedule, but either way for any team to stay undefeated is a tough task within a BCS conference.

If anyone is desparate for a Wii, the TRU in Columbia (exit 124 off I70) has them. I was there around 5 tonight and the guy said they just opened a fresh box of them. I don't know how many that means they have but it's likely they'll still have some tomorrow (Monday).

Another luke warm deal: The Sears on 87th and 435 has 20 GB hhd (360) for $80. Also, they still have silver and blue faceplates for dirt cheap.

T

[quote name='Chitown021']Were those copies of EBA in a rack near the register? I picked one up a couple months ago. I'm surprised they still have them.[/quote]

These were on a rack near in the middle of the video game section but sounds a lot like what you were talking about.

SI

[quote name='pinebarrens']Yeah, well I guess you guys will be our next cupcake. I better stop before this gets ugly. Feel free to jump in at any time, Sterling.[/quote]
Sorry, missed me cue

I'd love to start trash talking but frankly I think this game is too much of a coin flip to get too noisy about it. Also, there's the whole element of this season being basically a dream with its surreal quality and I don't really want to rock that boat. I'm just enoying the ride :D

I do already have my Border Wa--- uh, Border Showdown (lame) shirt from HyVee so that gives me 3 KU football t-shirts (Tangerine Bowl forever!) which I think is 3 more than anyone else in Lawrence had until about a month ago.

But to keep with the spirit of things, Mizzou sucks ;)

SI

Hey all. So far I'm enjoing the Mizzou-KU game (14-0 at the moment)

Anyhow, I was driving down Shawnee Mission Parkway just west of Quivira and I see a Grand Opening for a new Vintage Stock. I stopped in and I think the prices are a little higher (if that's possible). I had a funny conversation with the clerk. I bought a "Trouble with Tribbles" game for $2 and the clerk told me they are the exlusive sellers of that game and they have lot of them in storage (much like tribbles).

MIZZOU!!!

mizzou-logo.jpg

[quote name='sterlingice']Congrats to Mizzou. Now you'd better go take care of business this week so we can get our Fiesta Bowl bid

SI[/quote]

LOL that's right KU has to root for Mizzou this week so they can get a BCS bowl. I'm really worried about the Big 12 championship game. My fear is no matter who won they would expend so much energy and emotion they'd get beat in the championship game.

I hope it's not a repeat of 1998 when Kansas State blew a chance at the national championship by losing to Texas A&M in the Big 12 Champ game.

In CAG news I noticed many of the clearance games at Target survived (very surprising) BF to get knocked down 50%. Of note I saw several copies of Rogue Galaxy down to $19.98. I'm hoping they'll hit 75% next week.

[quote name='Chitown021']LOL that's right KU has to root for Mizzou this week so they can get a BCS bowl. I'm really worried about the Big 12 championship game. My fear is no matter who won they would expend so much energy and emotion they'd get beat in the championship game.

I hope it's not a repeat of 1998 when Kansas State blew a chance at the national championship by losing to Texas A&M in the Big 12 Champ game.[/quote]
I was thinking pretty much along the same lines on both counts. This was the big game for both teams. And I remember back in 98 when KState could taste the title game, only they forgot to show up and against a worse team than Mizzou will be playing this week. Then again, opening up as a 3 point underdog should give Pinkel a lot of motivation for the team.

SI

glad you guys are good sports. Did you hear that about 100 plus cars all from KU (either w/ KU stickers, parking permits etc) were vandalized? Side mirrors smashed. That pissed me off..

Chase Daniel was too damn good though props to him. Hope we get a BCS bowl.. sigh

[quote name='aznguyen316']glad you guys are good sports. Did you hear that about 100 plus cars all from KU (either w/ KU stickers, parking permits etc) were vandalized? Side mirrors smashed. That pissed me off..

Chase Daniel was too damn good though props to him. Hope we get a BCS bowl.. sigh[/quote]

Win or lose I always hate to hear about dumbass fans that go overboard.

[quote name='aznguyen316']glad you guys are good sports. Did you hear that about 100 plus cars all from KU (either w/ KU stickers, parking permits etc) were vandalized? Side mirrors smashed. That pissed me off..

Chase Daniel was too damn good though props to him. Hope we get a BCS bowl.. sigh[/quote]

I'm sorry dude. The fans at Mizzou have been awful for as long as I can remember (I lived in a dorm with a view of the stadium).

Anyhow, anyone know the best place to sell an original PSP with all the fixin's around here. It's got all the extras someone could want, 2 games, scratch free screen, etc. I would put it up for trade or on ebay but there is too much of a chance of being scammed, so I'm going local. If I can't figure out a way to get rid of it by the time Gamestop has another $20 extra for systems, it's going to them. That is unless one of you knows a better store/place to take it.

[quote name='umcthomas']I'm sorry dude. The fans at Mizzou have been awful for as long as I can remember (I lived in a dorm with a view of the stadium).

Anyhow, anyone know the best place to sell an original PSP with all the fixin's around here. It's got all the extras someone could want, 2 games, scratch free screen, etc. I would put it up for trade or on ebay but there is too much of a chance of being scammed, so I'm going local. If I can't figure out a way to get rid of it by the time Gamestop has another $20 extra for systems, it's going to them. That is unless one of you knows a better store/place to take it.[/quote]

I would go ahead and sell it on ebay if I were you. Just make sure you sell to someone with plenty of feedback and a confirmed address and you'll be fine. Gamestop will rip you off.

If anyone is interested the Blue Ridge Walmart in KC/Independence had several copies of Grim Grimoire and Rogue Galaxy for $19.82 each. For some reason, they're still in the glass case though.

EDIT: Went back to grab some eggnog and checked on Shining Force EXA. Although it's marked $49.88, it rings up $19.82. I snagged one, but it looked like there were still several other copies.

[quote name='pinebarrens']I would go ahead and sell it on ebay if I were you. Just make sure you sell to someone with plenty of feedback and a confirmed address and you'll be fine. Gamestop will rip you off.[/quote]

That would be nice but, unlike buying, you can't choose the person you sell to.

On the big Target thread, someone mentioned Mario Strikers and Baseball for Gamecube hitting the clearance racks. Has anyone seen this around town?

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']On the big Target thread, someone mentioned Mario Strikers and Baseball for Gamecube hitting the clearance racks. Has anyone seen this around town?

SI[/QUOTE]

Nice to see those on clearance. I'll be on a lookout for them and update the thread if I see anything.

Also, looks like Final Fantasy V is making its way to the clearance racks, as well. And I've been wanting that- the only time I played was about 10 years ago with a bad fan translation on an emulator that I just had to give up on after a while.

SI

Well, I've checked the Targets at Oak Park Mall and 119th and Metcalf and no Mario Strikers or Baseball. The Target at Oak Park had quite a few games on clearance (in the corner). Perfect Dark Zero and NBA Street Homecourt were $20.98.

I was at the best buy on Quivira and there was only one GameCube left! Better hurry, it's only marked at the retail $99.99.

No deals to report from my shopping. If you want rockband, they have several that the same best buy.

Greetings! I'm on the Missouri side of Kansas City visiting relatives. Can anyone suggest a hot spot for some clearance deals? I'm mainly looking for 360 related items. I found a couple of live cards for $10 each in Independence. Anything else to be found out there?

Thanks!

[quote name='Brainwave0']Greetings! I'm on the Missouri side of Kansas City visiting relatives. Can anyone suggest a hot spot for some clearance deals? I'm mainly looking for 360 related items. I found a couple of live cards for $10 each in Independence. Anything else to be found out there?

Thanks![/quote]
I haven't lived over on that side for years. There is a new Vintage Stock in Independence I believe. Deals aren't good, but it's fun to look around the store. Half Price Books sometimes has games, but again prices aren't that great. The end caps at target are always worth a look though.

[quote name='sterlingice']Hope everyone is staying safe today

SI[/quote]

Hell, all that hype and almost nothing. All of the trees are coated with ice but the streets were just wet on my way into work. Of course half of the people at my office called in because of the "weather" even though almost all of the roads were fine.

Has anyone here taken advantage of or tried to take advantage of the "flippable" games at BB or GR? I successfully PMed a couple copies of MM for the 360 at Sears then traded them in at the GR store closest to me. I turned $10 cash into almost $60 GR credit.

I haven't really seen any other deals worth mentioning in my area. I was watching several games in the clearance rack at my local Target but it looks like all but Tony Hawk got gobbled up by Christmas shoppers before they hit the CAG sweet spot prices of 75% off.

[quote name='xfacta82']does gamerush have a deal going on now for their trade in games?...like trade in 3 get an extra 20 or something?[/quote]

Not that I know of. Last week CC was selling Monster Madness for the 360 for $8. The trade in value at BB/GR was $28.50. I went to Sears (they have a 110% price match guarantee), PMed the price using the ad, got two copies of the game, and traded them in at the GR near me. I was able to turn about $10 into almost $60 in credit. I think there were a few others from the CC sale that could be flipped as well but the sale ended yesterday.

Happy New Year everyone! This thread has been quiet for way too long. I haven't found any really spectacular deals lately but thought I would mention that he Circuit City in Liberty has a PS3 60GB system on sale for $449.00. I haven't seen very many of these laying around. I thought I would mention it in case anyone out there is looking for one. I usually only see the 80GB & 40GB units.

I may have to call them tomorrow. I've been in the market for one, but the whole not having PS2 play was kinda eh for me as I wanna play God of War 2 real bad, but I may have to check this out.

[quote name='OzCatter']I may have to call them tomorrow. I've been in the market for one, but the whole not having PS2 play was kinda eh for me as I wanna play God of War 2 real bad, but I may have to check this out.[/quote]

Hopefully it will still be there for you. I was there on New Year's night at about 6:00PM. They had a whole stack of the 40/80 GB systems in another isle. The 60GB unit was sitting on a shelf by itself in one of the gaming isles close to the entrance. It had a black & white paper printout on it that said it was a 60GB unit for the sale price of $449.00

I would say you have a good chance of finding it as that Circuit City store is new and I've yet to see more than 3 or 4 cars in the parking lot at one time.

[quote name='Chitown021']Hopefully it will still be there for you. I was there on New Year's night at about 6:00PM. They had a whole stack of the 40/80 GB systems in another isle. The 60GB unit was sitting on a shelf by itself in one of the gaming isles close to the entrance. It had a black & white paper printout on it that said it was a 60GB unit for the sale price of $449.00

I would say you have a good chance of finding it as that Circuit City store is new and I've yet to see more than 3 or 4 cars in the parking lot at one time.[/quote]

I hope to find a 40/60 at a best buy someday to use giftcards on. I'll probably have to wait for a used on from gamestop someday.

T

Man, I have just been getting killed with work the past 3 or 4 weeks so there has been no time to go looking for games. The one time I did, tho, I lucked out- got the last copy of :gba: Final Fantasy V at the CC by Metro North Mall for $9 after looking for it for quite a while. I also picked up :ds: Lunar Knights for $16 but I haven't gotten into it yet and that might have been an overpay.

SI

I've havnen't been looking for deals much. I'm enjoying my gamepass right now instead. However, I think I'm geting GHIII (360) soon. I want rock band but I don't what to store it so I think it's out.

T

[quote name='sterlingice']Man, I have just been getting killed with work the past 3 or 4 weeks so there has been no time to go looking for games. The one time I did, tho, I lucked out- got the last copy of :gba: Final Fantasy V at the CC by Metro North Mall for $9 after looking for it for quite a while. I also picked up :ds: Lunar Knights for $16 but I haven't gotten into it yet and that might have been an overpay.

SI[/quote]

Hey quit raiding the stores in my neck of the woods. Stay south where you belong! ;)

j/k. That's the area I usually check. I haven't had a chance to get out these past two weeks either. I was hoping to snag PaRappa for the PSP but haven't been able to look for it.

Was on call on the weekend before New Years and was working up in North KC so I popped up to Metro North and lucked out. Really happy because I had been looking pretty hard for Final Fantasy V :)

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']Was on call on the weekend before New Years and was working up in North KC so I popped up to Metro North and lucked out. Really happy because I had been looking pretty hard for Final Fantasy V :)

SI[/quote]

I will usually try and hit up a few stores near Oak Park Mall when we go out south to visit the in-laws.

This past week I found a couple copies of Ghost Squad for the Wii at the Target closest to me (Chouteau & I-35). I read in the Target thread that some people were able to get it cheap because it scans "out of the system"

I took it to the register, and they asked me how much it was. I told them I wasn't sure since I found it on a clearance endcap. They did a price check and said it was $29.99 so I put it back. :cry:

This morning I saw CC had the 4GB Sandisk Ultra II Memory Stick Duo marked down from $89.99 to $52.99. This was at the Liberty MO store so I don't know if it's chain wide or just that location.

I managed to snag a clearance copy of Parappa for the PSP at the Circuit City near Metro North Mall (found it buried with all the reg priced games on the rack).

I also saw an open box copy of Guitar Hero II for the 360. The tag said it the regular price was $75 but it was marked down to $25 (guitar included). If it was the PS2 version I would've snagged it but I don't own a 360. I figured I would mention it for any KC area CAGs that might be interested in that game. They have it sitting on the "open box item" table just to the right of the entrance as you walk in.

NFM has some decent deals on video games this past weekend. Wondering if anyone posts NFM ads anymore or if they even are listed..

saw bioshock for 40, uh CoD4 for 40, some older games are discounted to 20-30 bucks.. so yeah. pretty interesting I thought.

today's ad for nebraska has burnout for $48.99 if anyone's interested.

Hey all, I'm a Kansas CAGer that's been lurking around here for a long time. Moved up to the KC area a few months ago, and thought I'd finally introduce myself on here.

Looking forward to help out with the deal finding.

bread's done
Back