Katamari Origami

blandstalker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
or How I Spent My Xmas Vacation.

katamari1s.jpg

See, my mom got me one of those Origami-a-Day calendars. But I already knew most of the models. Three of the days were for something called the "tricorn", which is two back-to-back tetrahedrons with one of the vertices sunken. There's probably a fancy math term for one of these, but I'm not looking it up now.

I made one, and thought that it would be cool to make more because they could be put next to one another to form a big polyhedron. Four of them made something like a hat. I figured I could make many of these and put them together. I didn't know exactly what it would look like, but I had a plan.

A hundred sheets later, I knew what it would look like. A katamari!

For the record, it's 18 groups of 4 tricorns, each of which take 3 sheets, for a total of 216 sheets.

Here it is with Final Fantasy XII next to it for scale.

katamari2s.jpg

OOOhhhh!! That's super nice. I'd like to find a calender like the one you have. I don't know any patterns. Though I did make a lil' crab yesterday evening.

dscf1355yh1.jpg

Now you need to make tons of origami crabs and put them on the katamari, like that one level in Katamari Damacy.

I WILL NOT BE HAPPY UNTIL YOU DO.

[quote name='Strell']Now you need to make tons of origami crabs and put them on the katamari, like that one level in Katamari Damacy.[/quote]That'd be hilarious. I'll make a ton, mail them to blandstalker (because if I attempted his katamari it would be nufin' but a crumpled mess), and we could use Cosmos' young Prince to stand beside it.
smile_eager.gif

I WILL NOT BE HAPPY UNTIL YOU DO.
pfft. Your point?

I need to buy more origami paper.

I've made five crabs so far. At this rate Strell, you'll have your katamari by sometime in the year 2017.

pplanet.jpg

Not quite origami either.... but I felt like sharing anyways.
Took a bunch of little drink umbrellas and stuck them in a styrofoam ball.

[quote name='Strell']Can you live with....DOUBLE EMOTICON SADNESS?

I don't think you can.

:([/quote]GAAAAAHHH!!! Why hit me wif TWO sad faces, Strell? Fer crying out loud, I picked up a new pack of paper today. Why? Because Mr Lobster Pants wants a bunch'a paper crabbies on a katamari.

[quote name='naruto179']
Took a bunch of little drink umbrellas and stuck them in a styrofoam ball.[/quote]Very cool, naruto. What made me laugh was thinking about the two full size paper parasols I have, and how many it would take and just HOW HUGE it would be to make a ball like that out of them. Gad, that thing would be enormous.

Okay, who has a 12 foot tall styrofoam ball?

[quote name='javeryh']The internet is a weird place.[/quote]Yes.

one time, while i was running the fitting rooms at american eagle, some lady asked me for help with her son's homework..and it was doing origami, the random classes they have for kids nowadays (it was for social studies if i remember)...and i think i totally messed it up :( (he wasnt doing so hot himself!)

bread's done
Back