KB Toys Closing Inventory Sales::: Full list of Closing Stores, is yours on it??

jt2k3

CAGiversary!
Hey guys... we got the bad news today :( . This is the full list of KB Toys that are closing. Between now and February 11th, Inventory Closing Sales SHOULD be starting at these stores. From first hand experience, one that closed around here went up to 90% off selected games, i could have gotten Metroid Prime for 3.59 new. Definitly look around at these places and keep calling to see if/when the sales are starting. The stores will only be open for another month or so.

SALES MOST LIKELY WONT BE ANNOUNCED FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS!" Thanks daphatty :)

We sold out the inventories to a liquidator, so the sales should be sweet... and cheap ass :D Enjoy guys.
:p :oops: :cry:
http://www.kbtinfo.com/GOBStoreList012804.pdf

[quote name='Yo Mama']I went to the KB Toys in Stonestown Galleria, in northern California. Consoles were 10% off; I think everything else, including games, was 20% off. They only had XBox consoles left. The store was already disintegrating into a mess.

The liquidator person was on-site when I was there, but she wouldn't tell me the future clearance dates, no matter how nicely I asked.[/quote]

Do you know if it was all games that are 20% off, or was it just certain games? I'm going to Stonestown on Saturday, might as well swing by KB to see if any other sales have started.

I stopped at the Livonia, MI KB Toys store today. They had big signs saying everything must go and that 20-40% would be taken off of the lowest ticketed prices. Unfortunately, all they had left were Game Boy Advance games. I love my GBA, but I'm not really looking for any games for the system right now.

I checked out the KB in Lafayette, LA. 20%-40% off everything. Games, of course, are 20%. I'll go back in a week or two, but I did get a Goldmember action figure for like $3.

I checked the one in Harvard Square, Boston, MA yesterday. They said their clearance wouldn't be for about a week or so. I'll keep the Boston CAG's informed (If there is any...)

When does this sale officially begin im interested in the one in Kings Plaza Brooklyn but i dont wanna travel down there for nothing. When are the official markdowns?? Can anyone check?

By the time the really good sales begin, I imagine most of the better games will be long gone. They'll probably start off at 20% and then in a few weeks raise it to 40% and then later 60 or 80%. By the time it gets to that point all the good games will be gone. If you are eyeing a certain game you'd better get it now as it may not be there later.

yeah, the 20% has been going forever. my sister got Dark Cloud 2 for me for $33 and change with the 20% off, but then while visiting my grandma's house in NC, the KB there had it for $15, so i got the difference. but the thing was, he gave me the difference before the 20% off, so instead of $33-$16, he gave me $42-16, almost $27. i was pretty happy. i gave the difference to my sister though.

[quote name='video_gamer324']I think this might be a long shot, but if you bought a game now for 20% off and it went down to 80% off later, could you get the difference?[/quote]

I think all sales are final, so no

[quote name='video_gamer324']I think this might be a long shot, but if you bought a game now for 20% off and it went down to 80% off later, could you get the difference?[/quote]

The company is going out of buiseness... not giving out cash.

Pasadena CA (Paseo Colorado) has started the big sell-off. Everything in-store is 20% off. Some of the green-tagged games from the $9-$14-$19 sale are still there, so I imagine the sale will be on top of those prices.

No KB deal for meeeh :(

2 stores close only 20% off is REALLY $uck... I can get most of the games cheaper compare to the 20% off close out sale.

[quote name='XCutioner93'][quote name='Yo Mama']I went to the KB Toys in Stonestown Galleria, in northern California. Consoles were 10% off; I think everything else, including games, was 20% off. They only had XBox consoles left. The store was already disintegrating into a mess.

The liquidator person was on-site when I was there, but she wouldn't tell me the future clearance dates, no matter how nicely I asked.[/quote]

Do you know if it was all games that are 20% off, or was it just certain games? I'm going to Stonestown on Saturday, might as well swing by KB to see if any other sales have started.[/quote]
Went there tonight. The lady working there said all games and accessories were 10% off, but it came out to 20% off when I got Sonic Heroes. I hope it goes down in a few weeks.

[quote name='Uncle Fuz'][quote name='XCutioner93'][quote name='Yo Mama']I went to the KB Toys in Stonestown Galleria, in northern California. Consoles were 10% off; I think everything else, including games, was 20% off. They only had XBox consoles left. The store was already disintegrating into a mess.

Do you know if it was all games that are 20% off, or was it just certain games? I'm going to Stonestown on Saturday, might as well swing by KB to see if any other sales have started.[/quote]
Went there tonight. The lady working there said all games and accessories were 10% off, but it came out to 20% off when I got Sonic Heroes. I hope it goes down in a few weeks.[/quote]

what a coincidence...
she same same thing to me too :wink:

In washington state at my local kaybee in puyallup south hill they had everything marked 20% off on games but not on gba games and some of the games were marked up like tekken tag tournament GH to 22.xx it made no sense how they do business.

[quote name='gamefreak117'][quote name='Uncle Fuz'][quote name='XCutioner93'][quote name='Yo Mama']I went to the KB Toys in Stonestown Galleria, in northern California. Consoles were 10% off; I think everything else, including games, was 20% off. They only had XBox consoles left. The store was already disintegrating into a mess.

Went there tonight. The lady working there said all games and accessories were 10% off, but it came out to 20% off when I got Sonic Heroes. I hope it goes down in a few weeks.[/quote]

what a coincidence...
she same same thing to me too :wink:[/quote]

I'm glad to hear that a sale was going on in Stonestown. I'm going there tomorrow, so hopefully there will be some good stuff left.

I think everyone by now realizes you cant wait too long when the word of these thigns comes out. most people are happy with a 20% discount so you never see anything worth buying buy the time they get down to 50 or 80%.

the KB in Kokomo Indiana (Markland Mall) has everything 20% off.

there were no Microsoft Xbox Controllers left, but there were quite a few generics.

There were no Xbox consoles or PS2 consoles left, but there were GameCube consoles, maybe 10 of them left. There were PS2 and GCN Controllers and there was a decent amount of games for all the consoles.

I didnt check the GBA systems so i dont know if there are any of them left or not.

There were tons of GBA games, as well as Psx games.

this was about 8pm 1/30/04

Well I am definitely going to go check out the mall of millenia here in Orlando. Think there is any chance of them having any nintendo gamecube wavebirds left for a decent price?

In WDM, IA at Valley West Mall, all games and toys are 20% off and game systems are 15% off. They still had GC, GBA, PS2, PSone and XBox systems left I believe.

The Jefferson Point KB in Fort Wayne is closing. The list said that and I talked with an employee at the other one who comfirmed it. Glad to see other Hoosiers on the boards.

just bought me a Gameboy Player for 39.99!!!!!! much cheaper than it's original...49.99.....i was gonna get one anyways..and this sale helped!!!!

oh yeah.....Raleigh, North Carolina at Triangle Town Center..they have 20% of all games...no more game systems are left, there are lots of gameboy games all in a confusing mess. Few Xbox, PS2, and GC games...

Just reporting back from the KB in Jacksonville, NC. Sales are at 20% (candy at 30%) everything in store, the SPs seem to be selling very well at 79.99 so if anyone wants some from the store I suggest you go now...especially if you have the $10 off coupon from Nintendo and snag it for even less.

Also the website itself seem to be having some good deals.

http://www.kbtoys.com/Results.html/N/3060/Nf/variant_price|LTEQ+20/place/agwm/ls/vgames

If they are selling through inventory by a liquidator, then there really won't be anything to check out at least 2 months into their control. They want the best return on the money they dished out for kb's inventory.

Just called the three closest KBToys near me in Washington, here is what I found out for the CAG around here...ToyWorks (KBtoys at the Supermall, Auburn, WA) - 20% off everything, no consoles left except gba's...KBtoys (at the Supermall, yes they have two, Auburn, WA) - 20% off everything, no consoles left except PS1's...KBtoys at SeaTac Mall, Federal Way, WA - 10-30% off no consoles except Dreamcast. All stores said they did not know when the next percent will take place but are planning to stay open until Mid-March. Any other WA CAG's who can hit the other closures please post so that I save myself the long drives...Thanks :*)

"Any other WA CAG's who can hit the other closures please post so that I save myself the long drives...Thanks :*) "

I live in puyallup so if I get my lazy ass up to the south hill mall tomorrow I'll let you know what the sale is like up there.

[quote name='KingKhoiCorp']just bought me a Gameboy Player for 39.99!!!!!! much cheaper than it's original...49.99.....i was gonna get one anyways..and this sale helped!!!!

oh yeah.....Raleigh, North Carolina at Triangle Town Center..they have 20% of all games...no more game systems are left, there are lots of gameboy games all in a confusing mess. Few Xbox, PS2, and GC games...[/quote]

thanks, now I know not to go there. They have not had much for a while

It's not shown on the original list posted, but Cheapass Gamers in the upstate SC area may be interested to know that the KB Toys in the Anderson mall is also closing down. As of Saturday, everything was marked down 20%. They had a few GBA SPs in stock for $80, and some GB Players for $40. A decent selection of games are still available, too.

I stopped by the KB at West Valley Mall near Tracy, CA yesterday and they had a whole lot of signs up stating they were closing and "everything must go". Deals weren't all that great though; 20%-40% off they're lowest ticketed price, but most of their games were regular price. I guess they weren't part of the $19.99 and under sale some KB's had; still some decent discounts though. Picked up Otogi for $31.99 and Hitman 2 for $15.99.

Heh, and I thought it was hilarious when this girl in line in front of me actually asked the guy for a job application...apparently the 30 or so "closing" signs they had up weren't enough!:)

[quote name='mikeb512']Heh, and I thought it was hilarious when this girl in line in front of me actually asked the guy for a job application...apparently the 30 or so "closing" signs they had up weren't enough!:)[/quote]

XD

At the KBTOYS in brooklyn (Kings Plaza) pretty much the entire store including all games were 20% off....but to make sure you didn't get too good a deal, all the green SPECIAL stickers had been covered up with marker so all games were up to their regular ripoff prices. Didn't see any worthwhile deals there.....

Weird that there are so many cheapasses from the same general Indiana area in the past few posts. I'm in Muncie but from Ft. Wayne. Games at the mall here were 20% last time I checked. They still had a fairly good selection.

To all the West San Fernando CAGs I wouldn't hold my breath waiting to hit up the KBs when they reach 80% off or whatever. I went to the KB on Victory and Tampa and they had everything 20% but they basically didn't have very many games left. Atleast not games worth owning. The KB at the Topanga mall had a sale of 10% off, 20% on selected items. They have more a selection with some decent titles left but not as good a sale. Maybe you could hold off on that one for a while.

The KB in Naugatuck, CT had a pretty good selection of games, but not much worth picking up untill the discount gets higher. I did get Megaman Xtreme for GBC and Breath of FIre 2 for GBA for 10 dollars each though

Anyone been to the Austin store in Lakeline? Just wondering if someone can save me a trip up there.

Yay,Sacramento's KB is going down,that place never made any good business anyways,I go to Florin Mall like 3 times a month and KB is always empty except for the tiny 3 year old girls that look at the dolls.Anyone know if they started going on sale yet?

bread's done
Back