KB Toys Closing Inventory Sales::: Full list of Closing Stores, is yours on it??

jt2k3

CAGiversary!
Hey guys... we got the bad news today :( . This is the full list of KB Toys that are closing. Between now and February 11th, Inventory Closing Sales SHOULD be starting at these stores. From first hand experience, one that closed around here went up to 90% off selected games, i could have gotten Metroid Prime for 3.59 new. Definitly look around at these places and keep calling to see if/when the sales are starting. The stores will only be open for another month or so.

SALES MOST LIKELY WONT BE ANNOUNCED FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS!" Thanks daphatty :)

We sold out the inventories to a liquidator, so the sales should be sweet... and cheap ass :D Enjoy guys.
:p :oops: :cry:
http://www.kbtinfo.com/GOBStoreList012804.pdf

Sucks that I waited so long to jump on the 30% off, thinking they would go down further. But I did get Metroid Prime for $20. No Mario Karts left, no Viewtiful Joes left, and I'm itching on getting Zelda or F-Zero for $35.

My store is finished. They're out of anything thats worth getting now.

I thought I'd stop by since a lot of stores will be closing tomorrow or monday. The girl at the counter said they were closing in a month or so, but I'm pretty sure she was just making it up because she didn't know jack. Games were now 30% off. All the GBA SP's were sold. But they did have a sign that said "We have recent merchandise from other closed stores!"

Ah well, i'll be waiting for the next big deal.

I stopped by the Livonia, MI location Saturday morning hoping to get some cheap stuffed animals for birthday presents, it was already closed and there were no fixtures left in the store.

I was there on the 6th or 7th and was told they'd be open for at least two more weeks. That's the most specific I can give as to when it closed.

Just went to the KB and Toyworks in Auburn, WA at the Supermall. They only had 30% off games. They had some decent stuff, but at only 30% off nothing spectacular. I didn't find anything that I wanted, probably not going back either. Oh well.

Just got Mario Golf for $28. It was 30% off which made it $35, then they had 20% off coupons, because it was their last day, which took another $7 off.

Oh, and they had a few Rebel Strike bonus discs. I asked the manager if I could have it for free but he said something that made me laugh (a lot). "I can't give you that. It came free with an XBox." I couldn't believe this guy was mixing systems up. I tried to argue but then he pointed to the Not for Resale designation on the box. I decided it wasn't worth my trouble.

[quote name='yeldarb367']Just got Mario Golf for $28. It was 30% off which made it $35, then they had 20% off coupons, because it was their last day, which took another $7 off.

Oh, and they had a few Rebel Strike bonus discs. I asked the manager if I could have it for free but he said something that made me laugh (a lot). "I can't give you that. It came free with an XBox." I couldn't believe this guy was mixing systems up. I tried to argue but then he pointed to the Not for Resale designation on the box. I decided it wasn't worth my trouble.[/quote]

You should've atleast pointed to the "Nintendo Gamecube" on the box then asked him where it says free with purchase of an Xbox? :lol:

KB in Florin Mall is 30% off on games right now selection isn't bad but their regular prices are too high. I was thinking of getting Swords of Mana and Yoshi's Island hoping they would be $21 after the discount but the regular prices where $35 dollars which is about $5.00 more than the regular price anywhere else with the discount the price was still $25 just not cheap enough for me I'll wait till they go 40% off. No wonder why their closing stores and stopping Video Game sales in many of their other stores who's going to pay $35 for a game that's $30 everywhere else add that to the fact the their Video Game displays suck and you have a recipe of disaster.

1 week ago i went to the summit palce mall selection. They had signs for "8 days left!" and 30-50% off.

1 week later, 8 days left, 30-50% off. somethings not right there...

My Kaybee was also garbage. Today was their last day and still only 35% off. Its drove me crazy because they had so many great GBA games left that i would have loved to pick up for %50 off or more

the Port huron, MI KB has nothing at all. what they do have is jacked up in price. state of emergency for 50 bucks then 30% off? thats not worth it!!!!

I was just at the Bay City, MI KB yesterday and they where still doing the 30% deal. Well today was their last day open, so I got there right when the place opened and they had practically nothing on the shelves. :(

along with sp's the Summit Place kb's has...they also had quite a few lego Yoda's. $28 after discount...so...tempting...

[quote name='outkastx']I was waiting for the GBA SPs to drop to 30 or 40% off, but they ended up giving them to Toys to Tots last week.[/quote]

Well, I'm sorry you didn't get one, but that is actually pretty cool.

[quote name='outkastx']I was waiting for the GBA SPs to drop to 30 or 40% off, but they ended up giving them to Toys to Tots last week.[/quote]

I kind of doubt that, they probably sent them off to another store. No wonder we are closing so many stores down...

I went to the store nearby (Watertown, MA near Boston) a week or two ago and all game stuff was 20%... got a GBA SP for $80. Went again today and they were down to 30% off on all games (and 50% of some non-game stuff), picked up a GB Player, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars 2 and Castlevania Aria of Sorrow all for %30 off. There might still be some stuff worth having at that store - I forgot to ask if they had any GBA SPs left - all I know is we made out like bandits. Thanks Cheap Ass Gamers!

Today was also my local KB's last day (Willow Grove Mall, PA) and games will still only 30% off. The only game I really wanted was Panzer Dragoon Orta which was $21 after the discount yet EBGames.com has it for $19.99. I was hoping for 50 - 75% off but I guess that's never going to happen.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']the Port huron, MI KB has nothing at all. what they do have is jacked up in price. state of emergency for 50 bucks then 30% off? thats not worth it!!!![/quote]

Thats a lie, State of Emergency price was NOT raised to $50.

Has anyone been to the KB's in Sunvalley Mall, Concord CA? I was thinking of heading there tomorrow but i don't want to make the drive if there aren't any deals? Any info would be nice.

The one in the mall in Santa Clarita, CA went to 30% off everything yesterday. They were originally to stay open, so I hadn't been checking on them. I got a GB Player and Mario Toadstool Tour for 30% off full price ($50 each), then a few other cheaper things like Rayman Arena and Luigi's Mansion for 30% off $14.99. The selection was still pretty good for all systems, but won't be that way for long.

INDY AREA CAGs

Washington Square...closed when I checked Monday. No more video games on the walls.

Lafayette Square...closing this Sunday 2/21. Not very good selection on Xbox or GCN games. There's some PS2 and GBA games, but nothing eye-catching. Games are 30% off. All remaining stock will be sent to the New Castle store.

i went to the one in kings plaza and games were 30% off i might go back and pick up secret weapons of normandy for 35.00

My KB had about 10 GBASPs and a handful of games. Metroid is $30, so I might pick that up for $21. The also have a copy of Valkrie Profile for $45. I could resale that on ebay...

Eastern Hills Mall location in WNY had a few Mario & Luigi's for $30 ($21 after discount). I think that was literally the only decent deal for any system, though.

Well, I went to the one at ValleyView mall in Roanoke. The shelfs are pretty much picked clean. Only some GBA games and a few copies of Quake 3 Arena for DC left. I picked up Golden Sun 2 and Sword of Mana.

One amazing find though (IMO). They had a copy of Fighters Megamix for Game.com! I got that for $3.49 :D

For some reason... KBS are STOCKED with Fighter MEgamix for Game.com.

All of the stores i've beento that are closing have had at least 5 copies.

KB in Hampton and one thats in Norfolk is still and have lot of video games, too bad they are all the original price.

*thread merged*

i don't kno how many of u live in uptown manhattan (washington heights) but the kb toys on 181st and st nicholas is closing n they have some PRETTY good deals

Quick update on the KBToys at Oakland Mall in Troy, Michigan...

The only games they had left were GBA games, which were all 30% off. They had a few decent games (Fire Emblem, Advance Wars 2, Duke Nukem Advance), but nothing too exciting. If the games were 50% off - just $6 cheaper than the current price of $21 - I would've jumped on the sale. As it is, though, it's just not enticing enough. I know...I'm a real cheap ass.

Now, if I happen to go back in a few weeks and see these games for, say, 75% off, it's time to kiss my money goodbye... :D

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']
Now, if I happen to go back in a few weeks and see these games for, say, 75% off, it's time to kiss my money goodbye... :D[/quote]

Don't count on that, I don't think anyone who has had their local KB closed already has said that games went past 30% off. Even when the one near me closed last Monday, nothing was more than 50% off in the store. Unfortuantely, KB doesn't seem to realize that the point of a going out of business sale is to actually try to get rid of their merchandise but when even at 30% off, the prices are sometimes still more than what are stores are selling the games for, I guess it's no wonder why they are in bankruptcy.

[quote name='YoshiFan1'][quote name='Gothic_Walrus']
Now, if I happen to go back in a few weeks and see these games for, say, 75% off, it's time to kiss my money goodbye... :D[/quote]

Don't count on that, I don't think anyone who has had their local KB closed already has said that games went past 30% off. Even when the one near me closed last Monday, nothing was more than 50% off in the store. Unfortuantely, KB doesn't seem to realize that the point of a going out of business sale is to actually try to get rid of their merchandise but when even at 30% off, the prices are sometimes still more than what are stores are selling the games for, I guess it's no wonder why they are in bankruptcy.[/quote]

I know...but being optimistic never hurts, right? :D I've gotten some great deals on Game Boy games before; I really don't expect these games to get any cheaper, but it can't hurt to hope for it. The mindless consumer sheep of America will buy anything that's got a 10% off sticker on it; 30% off must seem like an amazing deal to them.

Good thing we're all smarter than that... :lol:

I didn't bother reading all of that, so sorry ifthis has already been said, but the Everett Mall store in Washington has been closed for quite some time now; I meant to post ths sooner, but I forgot. :(

Yeah, you're right about when people see something like 30% off, they think it's automatically a great deal even though usually if they would bother to look around, they could probably find most of the games for a lot less.

Got back from Stonestown (San Francisco) KB Toys. All of their GBA games are gone, but there's still a few console games left.

Oh yes, and the employees there would not let me buy the Rebel Strike bonus disc. :cry:

[quote name='Uncle Fuz']Got back from Stonestown (San Francisco) KB Toys. All of their GBA games are gone, but there's still a few console games left.

Oh yes, and the employees there would not let me buy the Rebel Strike bonus disc. :cry:[/quote]

Do you know when the store in Stonestown closes down? I've been going to the one in Serramonte (30% off video games), but they don't have much PS2 games left.

[quote name='XCutioner93'][quote name='Uncle Fuz']Got back from Stonestown (San Francisco) KB Toys. All of their GBA games are gone, but there's still a few console games left.

Oh yes, and the employees there would not let me buy the Rebel Strike bonus disc. :cry:[/quote]

Do you know when the store in Stonestown closes down? I've been going to the one in Serramonte (30% off video games), but they don't have much PS2 games left.[/quote]
I visited both the other day. Each store has some good stuff (THUG for GC for $31, if my eyes worked that day), but overall, I think the Stonestown one still had a better selection.

Damn the one near me isn't closing. Anyone know if they will still have sales at the ones remaining open?

Why would they? Other than normal sales, my store, and the ones that are staying open like it, are not having any special sales rather that what was planned, and that doesnt involve videogames until our Easter sale.

The KB at Regency Square in Richmond, VA closed its doors Sunday night, 2/29.

The games were cleared out long ago, a lot of what remained where misc action figures, PS1 memory card and 3rd party controllers, and a variety of toys. Oh, and more Tekken Tag Strategy guides than you could image, all dog eared and seriously used/abused.

No severance for the remaining folks, though the clearance company did give them incentive pay to stay thru to the bitter end. Good luck to all those who have lost their jobs.

bread's done
Back