KB Toys Markdown.....

DashDangers

CAG Veteran
I apologize if this has already been posted in another thread, but I just came from my local KB Toys and they has just marked down a bunch of games. If I remember correctly, they were:

(All of the following are $4.99!)

PS2-

Midway Arcade Tresasures 2
Enter the Matrix
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Aresenal
Harry Potter: Quidditch Cup

GC-

Legends of Wrestling 2

XB-

Hitman: Contracts

Just a heads-up for all my fellow CAG's!!

It was the Hyannis, Ma KB Toys. I used to work there and still have a couple of friends who work there, so I get to look at the markdown sheets, so I'm almost positive that these are nationwide markdowns. But I appreciate the heads up for future posts.

I just called my local KB and asked if they had in Sly 2 or R&C: UYA. The girl said they carried R&C but it was sold out. I asked if it was sold out because the games were on clearance, and she said neither of them were on clearance! So this is definitely YMMV. Beware!

I remember Ratchet ringing up as $29.99, so my friend had to mark it down manually. They might not have gotten to the markdowns, or the person might not have known about the recent markdown sheet, which just came in yesterday. But I could be wrong. Sorry if it ends up being YMMV.

[quote name='aoLat']I just called my local KB and asked if they had in Sly 2 or R&C: UYA. The girl said they carried R&C but it was sold out. I asked if it was sold out because the games were on clearance, and she said neither of them were on clearance! So this is definitely YMMV. Beware![/QUOTE]

That doesn't mean anything...if the computer rings it up accordingly. I'll head over later this evening.

Sorry fellas, wasn't able to go in tonight, but I figured that going to the Mall only once is more than enough for me. I'm heading over tomorrow to check this out and to Fye for the HSG PSP deall. I'll update y'all after I head over in the morning.

Confirmed - I made a list of games for fellow CAGs :D I asked the manager if these were the only titles, and apparently, this is "Day 1." She said that as they get the emails from corporate, they would be marking down, similiar to the post Christmas clearance last year. She said "This is going to be a pre-Christmas clearance." I hate making multiple trips for cheap games :lol:

All $4.99, All Brand New & Sealed

GBA
Ace Combat Advance

XBOX
Spawn: Armageddon

PS2
Enter the Matrix
Hitman: Contracts
Treasure Planet (Disney)
DragonBall-Z: Budokai

GC
Legends of Wrestling II
Resident Evil (The first one)

PS1
Puzzle Star Sweep (?)

There were also games in manila envelopes in the same clearance bin for the various consoles, but they were disc only. If I remember correctly, they were priced as marked (nothing over $5), which included: GTA III (PS2), & Tekken III (PS1).

In addition, they had a separate 75% off bin, and there were some accessories thrown in to what was primarily a selection of toys. I remember a Mad Catz controller (PS2) for $1, and then 75% off that, making it a $0.25 :shock: , NYKO GameCube tv/console switch thingie, for $3, with 75% off, making it $0.75. Not much else with respect to accessories.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']does that mean no Up your arsenal? or for a later day?[/QUOTE]

Either/Or - I got there 30 minutes before they closed. It could very well have been bought by someone who was there earlier. :)

Im still hoping Hitman is there tomorrow, but knowing my luck it wont be. :( Wouldnt mind getting Resident Evil, either.

Definitely going to pick up Sly 2, R&C: UYA, and REmake for GC. $15 + tax for 3 great games! Finally, the waiting is over for R&C! :D I hope they even just have ONE of these titles at the KB Toys that I stop at tomorrow...

[quote name='aoLat']Definitely going to pick up Sly 2, R&C: UYA, and REmake for GC. $15 + tax for 3 great games! Finally, the waiting is over for R&C! :D I hope they even just have ONE of these titles at the KB Toys that I stop at tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

If you can get Sly 2 for that price it is awesome. I paid full price and i still feel it was worth it! Such a great series.

[quote name='aoLat']I just called my local KB and asked if they had in Sly 2 or R&C: UYA. The girl said they carried R&C but it was sold out. I asked if it was sold out because the games were on clearance, and she said neither of them were on clearance! So this is definitely YMMV. Beware![/QUOTE]

Wow, have we learned nothing at CAG, never believe what a retail employee tells you, ever.

Great sale, my guess is the games will be hard to find, the KB selection is pretty limited. R&C and Sly 2 are musts for everybody at that price.

If nothing else, 25 cents for a 3rd party controller would lure me in.

EDIT: I'm headed to the mall anyways. FYE has a Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee rebate.

This deal is YMMV. I did a price check on Up Your Arsenal and it came up regular priced. This was the red stripped version, maybe the clearance is only on the regular version? I did manage to find a copy of MAT2 so not all is lost.

Well, I got in on this deal earlier today. Things I picked up (both were 4.99):

WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw (PS2)
007 Everything or Nothing (XB)

Other notable games:
Everything or Nothing (PS2, GC)
The Sims (XB)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GC)
and...
Resident Evil 4 (GC)!

The only copy of RE 4 was a display copy (opened, disk behind the counter). I didn't pick it up since I already own it. Definitely a good deal if you can get in on it.

Hopefully, I'll find a copy of R&C 3 and Sly 2 sometime this week.

Give you $12 shipped to Canada for that RE4 if you can go get it for me?

EDIT: Or $20 shipped for that + a FF:CC? Let me know if you (or anyone) would be willing to do this? :)

Sly and Ratchet is what I need, but that Final Fantasy is a must have at that price:D I hope they still have at least one game that I want.

[quote name='roguejedi5']Sly and Ratchet is what I need, but that Final Fantasy is a must have at that price:D I hope they still have at least one game that I want.[/QUOTE]

fuck Final Fantasy you will have much more fun with Sly!!!

For once the person in the store knew exactly what I was talking about. A young lady was working who had already pulled all the markdown games and had them at the register for people to go through.

Here is what they had:

PS2
Enter the Matrix
Hitman Contracts (XBOX available as well)
Medal of Honor Frontline
DragonBall-Z: Budokai
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal

They had maybe 20 copies total of the games markdown. The employee told me they had already picked through them earlier themselves, but they only had maybe 50 copies of the games on the clearance list.

Anyone have a complete list its seems alot of the markdown games were actually greatest hits for the PS2...

Bah... closest KB of any kind is the outlet in Aurora, and last year when I stopped by I don't recall seeing any video games. Nearest store is some hour-plus away. Sucks for me.

Too bad they don't have the same prices on kbtoys.com/etoys.com. But they do show FF: CC clearanced for $49.99!!

[quote name='cheapfrag']Can any of these games be traded in to EB games for more money?[/QUOTE]

The ones that aren't on the POX list will probably trade at EB during their current promotion (Get an Extra 5 bucks per game) for just about this price or just over it by few bucks.

bread's done
Back