Keep track of gaming collection

LilPaintballer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
70 (100%)
I want to keep track of my game collection. I used to have a excel spreadsheet but it takes a little too much time, i have seen programs like Citrusoft OrganizeIt, in which the trail looks amazing but i really dont want to spend $30, and there was Collectorz.com Game Collector which i found free but i dont like it.

How do you guys keep track of your game collections, i may look a little deeper into something like organizeIt. i am looking for a program to display the case artwork and go a bit deeper so i can enter where i bought it and for how much and the condition.

I use IGN as well. You can make a free account there (no access to Insider stuff like special videos/articles/message boards) and have access to the collection part of the site.

www.gametz.com

You can put down...
Name
Comment
Platform
Value
Genre
Condition
What it goes for on amazon
What you can get for it in relation to other gametz.com members (you can have a want list as well)

FREE :)

I purchased a Collectorz bundle (Games, Movies, Music & scanner) a few years back and their programs are pretty good. They just did an upgrade (downgrade) to their Games one (now it only uses their own database). It used to look up games through retail websites. I have not upgraded yet as I am undecided if I want to lose that capability, plus it's more money. The only downside is that the programs are difficult to personalize. I'm pretty sure you can also transfer data to a spreadsheet as well. I love the barcode scanner. I think they now have a USB one, but the one I have needed a USB adapter. Scanning makes things quicker, but I always need to go back and edit things to my liking.

I also use Excel right now, but that'd be really amazing if CAG implemented the collection system as mentioned above. I'm actually very psyched for it now.

On a Mac, Delicious Library is the best. it can scan any barcode using any webcam. It also works for strategy guides and accessories (if you still have the boxes)

So you can keep your DVDs, CDs, Digital music (pulls from iTunes), Games, and books all in one place. When you are finished you can publish it to the web so you can access your collection anywhere, any time. I find it useful when I can't remember which Hellraiser I am missing and stuff like that.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']On a Mac, Delicious Library is the best. it can scan any barcode using any webcam. It also works for strategy guides and accessories (if you still have the boxes)

So you can keep your DVDs, CDs, Digital music (pulls from iTunes), Games, and books all in one place. When you are finished you can publish it to the web so you can access your collection anywhere, any time. I find it useful when I can't remember which Hellraiser I am missing and stuff like that.[/QUOTE]

This program is al kinds of awesome. I just got it, the barcode scanner works great with the iSight camera. Thanks!

bread's done
Back