Kick! Punch! It’s all in the mind. GGT #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up a PS3 last night. I didn't grab a game with it since I have MGS4 coming in a few days. Now that I think about it MGS4 might be my only PS3 game until Disgaea 3 comes out in August. I'll probably be getting Soul Calibur 4 for my 360 and I can't think of any other PS3 exclusives I want right now. I might download a few games on PSN, do any CAGs have a Suggestion of a cheap PSN game? Also is Wild Arms any good?

[quote name='StarKnightX']Good to see I'm welcome somewhere.:)

Felt old school yesterday , I beat Kirby's Adventure (for the second time). Daroga would be proud.:cool:[/quote]Well played! Now go for really old school and beat Kirby's Dream Land. KDL>all other Kirby games and is like 30 minutes long. Fantastic.

After seeing Speed Racer yesterday, I'm hoping Nintendo's going to pull another F-zero out at E3. Maybe get Sega in on it again. Heck, may re-release GX with a slightly toned down difficulty. ;)

[quote name='pete5883']No Single Action Army? Tsk, tsk.[/QUOTE]
"The Colt Single Action Army. The greatest handgun ever made. Six bullets, more than enough to kill anything that moves."

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I picked up a PS3 last night. I didn't grab a game with it since I have MGS4 coming in a few days. Now that I think about it MGS4 might be my only PS3 game until Disgaea 3 comes out in August. I'll probably be getting Soul Calibur 4 for my 360 and I can't think of any other PS3 exclusives I want right now. I might download a few games on PSN, do any CAGs have a Suggestion of a cheap PSN game? Also is Wild Arms any good?[/quote]
The highlights of what is available, and what is coming. (exclusively)

Available Now:
Eye of Judgement, Folklore, Haze, Heavenly Sword, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, MLB '08: The Show, Motorstorm, Ninja Gaiden: Sigma, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Ridge Racer 7, SingStar, Time Crisis 4, Uncharted, Unreal Tournament 3, Warhawk.

Coming Soon:
Buzz!: Quiz TV, Disgaea 3, Final Fantasy XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Infamous, Jak and Daxter, Killzone 2, LA Noire, LittleBigPlanet, Metal Gear Online, Metal Gear Solid 4, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, Red Dead Revolver 2, Resistance 2, SingStar Vol. 2, Socom: Confrontation, Team ICO's Next Project, Tekken 6, The Agency, Twisted Metal, Valkyria Chronicles, WarDevil, White Knight Chronicles.

PSN (Available Now):
Calling All Cars, echochrome, Everyday Shooter, Pain, PixelJunk Monsters, Super Stardust HD, Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online.

PSN (Coming Soon): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Network_games

Also non-exclusively Bioshock is coming this year if you missed that one or want to replay it with possible improvements.

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']It's pretty sad when I don't even need to see who the OP is of the GGT, I can just read the title and know who's GGT it is. I mean Jekki always does some rap crazy nick show shit, Chac does weird shit about fucking your mom and dropping loads in her eyes, resulting in a pink eye surprise. Rei does stuff about DW, or Anime, TMK does Emo shit with young boys and RPGS or DDR, I'm all about that DMC or action game, Inu had a variety of awesome GGTS, Whoknows

I would love to play some video games today, gots ta work though. Maybe some portable action during the down times. Whens the NG2 demo coming? Who's getting Commando 3 next week for the SSF2THD beta?

I think I might ditch GTA. Like all sandbox games, I don't forsee myself playing it anymore.

Anyone GGTers want a deal on the 360 version?

[quote name='daroga']I think I might ditch GTA. Like all sandbox games, I don't forsee myself playing it anymore.

Anyone GGTers want a deal on the 360 version?[/QUOTE]

haha, I ditched mine too. It's too bad-- it looked and felt like I was actually going to finish this one for a second there.

I'll still get the PC version when it comes out.

more NGII today.

I've realized that I need to not play games for the story, ever. If the gameplay isn't the principle reason I play a game, I'm going to just get irritated and distracted with it. I think that's why I've lost interest in MGS mostly. Stealthy gameplay and I don't get along well, and I was trying to force myself to play them to find out the story. No good.

Games that channel the same forces at work in the best 2D platformers from the 8 and 16 bit eras are where its at for me. Games that are just fun to play on their own, regardless of whatever story is going on. I think that's the reason I've got little patience for most RPGs. Most of that genre's gameplay bores me to tears, regardless of how compelling or interesting the story might be.

But, yeah, GTA4 is going, as is the MGS Collection. Things were starting to get too full on the shelf.

Anyone know what the trade in value is on GTA4 at GS for the 360? Looks like I'm going to get screwed on Amazon too, so I might as well not have to pay to ship it out...

[quote name='daroga']I've realized that I need to not play games for the story, ever. If the gameplay isn't the principle reason I play a game, I'm going to just get irritated and distracted with it. I think that's why I've lost interest in MGS mostly. Stealthy gameplay and I don't get along well, and I was trying to force myself to play them to find out the story. No good.
[/QUOTE]

I agree with that, to an extent. For most games I need to like the story AND the gameplay for it to rank among my favorites. But story is definitely still secondary to gameplay.

But I enjoy something like Bioshock that has great gameplay and a good story that sucks me in much more than a WWII FPS games even if it has great gameplay. My attention span and interest in gaming isn't great these days, so it really usually takes something with great gameplay and a great story to suck me in and get me to finish the game.

As for getting rid of GTAIV, I'd suggest Goozex. It goes for 1000 points (equivalent of $50) and there are a ton of people who want it so you can trade it in no time and have 1000 points to spend on another new 1000 point game or a handful of older games.

On that note, I think I've finally decided not to bother picking up GTAIV. I didn't have much plans on doing so since I hated GTA3 and haven't played any games in the series since then. The hype had me thinking about it, but I've seen enough comments along the lines of people not liking it if they didn't like the earlier games to decide that it proably still won't be my cup of tea.

Anyone know what the trade in value is on GTA4 at GS for the 360? Looks like I'm going to get screwed on Amazon too, so I might as well not have to pay to ship it out...

trade in was $35 for the PS3 version last week (~$39 after edge.) Same price you'd get for it on amazon/ebay, if not more. Then there's that get $10 extra with 2 current gen games deal going on this week.

agreed on not playing games for stories. GTA's story got incredibly over-hyped by the gaming press (who seem desperate to make it some crowning artistic achievement.) but no, Nico is a dude who goes around and kills people for money, that's all. :lol:

I love the gameplay in MGS, though the story is interesting enough because it's so insane. Of course, you can always skip the cut scenes and call on the codec to find out what to do next (unlike JRPGs, where you're usually plopped in the middle of nowhere after a cut scene.)

I had been thinking about starting a Goozex account. Maybe I'll do that now. dmaul, is there any sort of referral system there that I could net you some free points?

It's funny that you mention Bioshock, because that's one of the games that I thought of in this whole issue. I loved the environment and the story, but thought the gameplay was totally mismatched for that game. Another game I stopped playing because I didn't want to slug through the gameplay to find out what happened.

You're probably best staying away from GTA4. It's a technilogical marvel and the gameplay is cleaned up quite a bit, but the mechanics are still goofy and after the inital shock and awe wears off, it's not likely to hold you. You in to action games at all? If so, I totally recommend Ninja Gaiden 2. It has pretty much exceeded all of my expectations in the gameplay department, the story is silly and laughable. I don't think I've found a more satisfying crunch in any game before.

Scythe = win.

[quote name='daroga']I had been thinking about starting a Goozex account. Maybe I'll do that now. dmaul, is there any sort of referral system there that I could net you some free points?[/quote]

Just checked, and there is a referral thing. Both you and I would get 100 points and 1 trade credit bonus after you get your first positive feedback. PM me your e-mail and I'll send you a referral.

You in to action games at all? If so, I totally recommend Ninja Gaiden 2. It has pretty much exceeded all of my expectations in the gameplay department, the story is silly and laughable. I don't think I've found a more satisfying crunch in any game before.

I'm not big into action games, they tend to be difficult and I get frustrated and move on. But I do want to check out NG2 sometime--be it a demo or a rental.

No rush now as I have a few games on the shelf I need to get to and I'm super busy this summer as is.

Is the 20 gig PS3 backwards compatible? I found one on Craigslist with NHL 08 for 250. Thinking about biting. I really want to play MGS4.

[quote name='Dandeschain']Is the 20 gig PS3 backwards compatible? I found one on Craigslist with NHL 08 for 250. Thinking about biting. I really want to play MGS4.[/QUOTE]

yup;)...just no wi-fi

[quote name='Dandeschain']Is the 20 gig PS3 backwards compatible? I found one on Craigslist with NHL 08 for 250. Thinking about biting. I really want to play MGS4.[/quote]

Yes.

[quote name='Dandeschain']Is the 20 gig PS3 backwards compatible? I found one on Craigslist with NHL 08 for 250. Thinking about biting. I really want to play MGS4.[/QUOTE]
Yes, it has the same BC functionality as the 60GB. Which is better than that of the 80GB.

Daroga check your PMs before you sell that MGS collection

I have so much things to play.

Geometry Wars Galaxies is a great portable game. So is Hot Shots Golf 2. I'm addicted.

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']Possum how far are you in NGII?[/QUOTE]

end of chapter 6.

Made it to Chapter 12 of Ninja Gaiden. I didn't know what "ABANDON THE WAY OF THE NINJA MEANT", so I'm playing in Ninja Dog mode. Its still hella fun, and once I go through NGII I'll probably do the more difficult levels.

I picked up NHL2K8 ($10) and I'm going to start a Preds Franchise.

[quote name='Dandeschain']Sweet. You can also change out the HD for one of your own choice as well, right?[/QUOTE]I changed mine to a 250GB.

[quote name='refusedchaos']yup;)...just no wi-fi[/QUOTE]The only reason I regret getting a 20GB. Upgrading to WiFi is pretty expensive too (you gotta have some wireless bridge/wireless ethernet for it since USB wireless devices won't work). I'll get a 40GB PS3 sometime (I don't care about the PS2 BC anymore), but I'm just a little unsure about moving my 250GB HDD over again. Or if I have a decent amount of money down the road, I'll buy a 40GB and replace the HDD with a 250GB or larger right away, to go along with my 20GB.

man, i'm pissed

i went to the kanye concert and the sound was so bad, couldn't hear anything, people around left in the first act it was that bad.

and i paid wayyyyy too much for that ticket too. -_-;

in good news, getting a ps3 next week. my dad said he wants a bluray player, so guess what his father's day present is gonna be...?

... with MGS4!

Having just watched the ending, MGS4's story makes no sense. Lots of contrived BS reasonings for crazy things. Looks really really fun as a game, but that story is just gibberish. I was interested to find out the story, but I'm pretty disappointed with the resolution. Feels very Matrix reloaded/revolutions-like.

[quote name='kainzero']man, i'm pissed

i went to the kanye concert and the sound was so bad, couldn't hear anything, people around left in the first act it was that bad.

and i paid wayyyyy too much for that ticket too. -_-;

in good news, getting a ps3 next week. my dad said he wants a bluray player, so guess what his father's day present is gonna be...?

... with MGS4![/QUOTE]is that Glow In The Dark tour???

I heard it's a crazy experience, so if it's the tour then it sucks it turned out so bad...

I wish I could say my PS3 is a father's day present... instead another $200 is out of my pocket on a GPS thing...

my mom's like "dont worry! I'll pay u back for half of it!" yeay rite -_-

I love sandbox games. Nothing better than just doing what you want to do, when you want to do it. I did get tired of San Andreas--way too long/big--but GTAIV seems just right.

I can see myself keeping the game indefinitely, same as Crackdown (particularly since a sequel might not ever happen).

We picked up a Wii Fit today from BB. Used the $10 off $75 or more coupon and my GCs.

My wife noted how many of the ppl standing line for WiiFits were women. Overweight women. :p

Now to RTM and find out what I'm supposed to do with this thing...

I would love to get my hands on MHF2G. I'll prolly wait till a reprint of "the greatest" set to pick it up. So, so jealous of japan getting so much stuff for that game, it's ridiculous.

soulja boy tell em

YOUUUUUUUUU

I don't think I'm going to be participating in any gaming nights for awhile after the 12th.

hmm....

I jus called gamestop that's doing a midnite launch... same gamestop I got my LE pre-ordered at...

the dood told me that I would be guaranteed a LE copy even if I dont show up at midnite and show up in the morning...

I really hope he heard me right and didnt mistake me asking for a regular edition...

I really dont wanna do a midnite thing -_-

[quote name='MarkMan']soulja boy tell em

YOUUUUUUUUU

I don't think I'm going to be participating in any gaming nights for awhile after the 12th.[/QUOTE]

same here...

Today I plan on finishing the toy section of my wiki internship. also, play more valhalla knights and get to start playing more brave story.

I'll also see if I can finish the race achievement in GTAIV that I've been working on.

also seems Metal Slug Zero i may be pretty damn good... online play in 2.5D

Wow, NG2 loses a lot of its polish in chapters 9 and 10... Enemies disappearing and reappearing, SLOoooooooooooooooooooooooow down because they send like 35 ninjas at once...

Still awesome though :)

Why can't I just play MGS4 on my 360, konami?

I'm never spending $500 to play one game.

[quote name='jer7583']Why can't I just play MGS4 on my 360, konami?

I'm never spending $500 to play one game.[/QUOTE]

thats like asking to play GoW on xb 360, Halo 3 on ps3, mario go multiplatform...never going to happen....anyways, trust me, its worth it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']you should... ;)[/QUOTE]

agreed:D

Is there something online I can read to catch me up with Metal Gear Solid series up until 4 because I really don't want to play 3 games if I don't have to. I will if it is completely necessary but if there is a good plot synopsis somewhere I would prefer that.

So, I spoke with the guy that has the PS3 for $250. Turns out, he bought it refurbished from GS. What, exactly, do they do when they refurb something? What does the GGT think of this deal? Yay or nay?

[quote name='nyprimus4']Is there something online I can read to catch me up with Metal Gear Solid series up until 4 because I really don't want to play 3 games if I don't have to. I will if it is completely necessary but if there is a good plot synopsis somewhere I would prefer that.[/quote]

Wikipedia is your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back