Kid Icarus Uprising $29.99 at Best Buy

AdventX

CAGiversary!
As the title reads, Kid Icarus Uprising is $29.99 at Best Buy.

Link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kid+Ica...8280317&skuId=2856614&st=kid icarus&lp=1&cp=1

I pre-ordered through best buy so I hope I get this price when I pick it up. It would be nice to get the pre-order bonus and the sale price. Hopefully amazon will price match this!

UPDATE FOR THOSE WHO ORDERED ON OR BEFORE 03/23 THROUGH AMAZON:

From Amazon Representative:

"Customers who ordered Kid Icarus on or before 03/23 direct from Amazon will either have the price of their order reduced to $29.99 or will get a refund for the price difference between $29.99 and the price they ordered the game at within 3-5 business days.
Please note that this only applies to orders shipped and sold by Amazon."

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dranakin']Damn, I ordered this from Amazon and it shows that the item was delivered, but I didn't receive it. I never had a package not be left for me when I got home from work. Hope someone didn't swipe it, as that'd make me start to be concerned about any package delivery going forward. I'll have to look for Kid Icarus locally when I leave on my trip tomorrow then.[/QUOTE]

This has happened to me once in the past with amazon. They showed my game delivered when I received nothing, I contacted them through the chat and requested another copy because I never got mine. They told me to give it 2 more days (sometimes the local post marks it delivered when they receive it) and still no luck. I re contacted them and they sent another one overnight which arrived the next day... 4 days later i got the original and just shipped it back to amazon. Try the chat and see what a rep tells you.

[quote name='Eggman']There's nothing wrong with the controls. People complaining about them are just babies that demand games all be identical and refuse to learn anything new. It's not hard to figure out and if you played Metroid Prime Hunters you're pretty much already there..[/QUOTE]

As a lefty, MP Hunters on the DS was fucking awful to play. I couldn't get comfortable at all and thought it was terrible. I stopped playing it after a couple of play sessions and never looked back.
I still want KI:U but I'm worried about how it controls and your post isn't as reassuring as you think,

The controls for this game are absolutely terrible. It's not about learning a new system either. It's about trying to use a feature for the sake of using it rather than creating a good game. Several release date Vita games have this problem as well.

[quote name='Decker']As a lefty, MP Hunters on the DS was fucking awful to play. I couldn't get comfortable at all and thought it was terrible. I stopped playing it after a couple of play sessions and never looked back.
I still want KI:U but I'm worried about how it controls and your post isn't as reassuring as you think,[/QUOTE]

On the case it says that you can use the circle pad for lefty play.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']Kid Icarus only had 58,000 pre-orders. I think thats the worst a first party Nintendo game has had in ages. Releasing at a sale price is the only reason me and probably thousands of others even bought the game.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I only got it cause it was $30 and my free game in a buy2get1. Though now I love it except the girl talking is annoying.

Picked mine up. So what is the deal with these AR Cards for this game? What do they do, and which ones are rare?

I got the following ones from the game:
Pit
Dark Pit
Palutena (SP?)
(That floating eyeball, forgot its name)

I also got these for free from club nintendo:
Palutena Rare (Sp?)
Drill Claw
Great Reaper

And this one from Game Informer:
Power of Flight

I just received mine from Amazon, and I do have to say it's pretty sweet so far. The graphics, 3D, and sound is some of the best I've seen on the 3DS so far. I was worried about the controls after reading the reviews and other posts, but with the cricle pad pro attached it seems comfortable enough (still wish it supported dual analog though).

I ordered my copy on Amazon.com (which I have YET to receive) and it boils my blood to see that Best Buy has it listed for a lower price and Amazon refuses to price match it.

I did a live chat with a very unhelpful rep (who seems to want to stick to their policy no matter what). I deleted his name to protect him.

Me:price matching?2:02:46 PM
Rep:Hello, my name is (deleted). I'll be happy to help you today.2:03:03 PM
Rep:With the exception of TVs, Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee. We do consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry2:03:32 PM

Me:Hi, I was wondering something -- I ordered Kid Icarus: Uprising on Amazon for $39.99 and this week Best Buy has it listed for $29.99. I was wondering if Amazon.com would price match it.2:03:47 PM

Rep:We only do Price match for Tv's. We don't have feature to price match other sites2:04:38 PM

Me:Really? That's sorta dumb.2:04:48 PM

Rep:I'm sorry Andrew, I hope you understand2:05:38 PM

Me:Fine, I'll just send back what I ordered to you then.2:05:52 PM

Rep:Okay Andrew. 2:06:58 PM

Me:Good day.2:07:08 PM

Rep:You're welcome. Thank you for contacting Amazon. We hope to see you again. Have a great day.2:07:19 PM
Rep:Goodbye

I have yet to receive my refund from Amazon.com and contacting CS has been useless as always. I'm getting a little frustrated since I used Amazon credit, so the refund should really be instant...

[quote name='KemperJones']On the case it says that you can use the circle pad for lefty play.[/QUOTE]

No it does not. All it says is that it is "Circle Pad Pro Compatible".

[quote name='guyinga']I ordered my copy on Amazon.com (which I have YET to receive) and it boils my blood to see that Best Buy has it listed for a lower price and Amazon refuses to price match it.

I did a live chat with a very unhelpful rep (who seems to want to stick to their policy no matter what). I deleted his name to protect him.

Me:price matching?2:02:46 PM
Rep:Hello, my name is (deleted). I'll be happy to help you today.2:03:03 PM
Rep:With the exception of TVs, Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee. We do consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry2:03:32 PM

Me:Hi, I was wondering something -- I ordered Kid Icarus: Uprising on Amazon for $39.99 and this week Best Buy has it listed for $29.99. I was wondering if Amazon.com would price match it.2:03:47 PM

Rep:We only do Price match for Tv's. We don't have feature to price match other sites2:04:38 PM

Me:Really? That's sorta dumb.2:04:48 PM

Rep:I'm sorry Andrew, I hope you understand2:05:38 PM

Me:Fine, I'll just send back what I ordered to you then.2:05:52 PM

Rep:Okay Andrew. 2:06:58 PM

Me:Good day.2:07:08 PM

Rep:You're welcome. Thank you for contacting Amazon. We hope to see you again. Have a great day.2:07:19 PM
Rep:Goodbye[/QUOTE]

No offense, but the minute you used the word 'dumb', you lost any chance of getting your way.
The key is to be polite, and use reason (not feelings) when trying to get anything out of a CS rep.

Crap, I had myself convinced that I didn't want Kid Icarus due to the controls but people on here are making me want it again. Maybe I'll just use my $10 RZ certificate on the game. It might be worth giving it a shot.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Crap, I had myself convinced that I didn't want Kid Icarus due to the controls but people on here are making me want it again. Maybe I'll just use my $10 RZ certificate on the game. It might be worth giving it a shot.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing. $10 reward cert plus the sale I couldn't pass this up! And while the controls were a bit odd at first, I got used to it after some practice.

[quote name='Nintendonly']No it does not. All it says is that it is "Circle Pad Pro Compatible".[/QUOTE]

It says: "Attach the Circle Pad Pro (sold separately) for alternate left-handed controls."

Decided to bite. I need some Nintendo points to get to Platinum this year and this is a good deal. Just wish I could have gotten the bonus code too. Ah well.

For anyone still on the fence: This game is fucking amazing. If they had made the circle pad pro be usable as a second analog (ie, typical shooter controls) it would have been perfect. The on-rails shooting (first have of every stage) is amazing, and I would say this game has the best graphics/3D effects on the system.

At 30 bucks or less, this is a no brainer!

[quote name='Lemarfanz']just picked it up...good deal for 30 bucks...

but lefty's be warned...it's not easy to control[/QUOTE]

Lefties can use the Circle Pad Pro rather than the default controls. The stylus is still required though- you'd think there'd be an option to just use both circle pads!

[quote name='Tygamr']Lefties can use the Circle Pad Pro rather than the default controls. The stylus is still required though- you'd think there'd be an option to just use both circle pads![/QUOTE]

yeah no kidding...

and i'd have to actually be able to find a CPP somewhere in order to use it :(

[quote name='Lemarfanz']yeah no kidding...

and i'd have to actually be able to find a CPP somewhere in order to use it :([/QUOTE]

I thought the circle pad comes with the game. if not why is it in a box?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I thought the circle pad comes with the game. if not why is it in a box?[/QUOTE]

it comes with a stand

bread's done
Back