Killer 7 w/bonus $29.99 NEW at EBgames!

Mr Durand Pierre

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Long time reader, first time posting a dealer; Killer 7 (w/bonus) is $29.99 new at EBgames. com.

Anyone know if this is a glitch, or if it's in-store as well? Because if so, I may just have to go pick this up and save $2 and a weeks worth of shipping.

Links added

GameStop (use coupon code FREESHIPALL for free shipping)
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=220230
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280954

EB Games
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/256236.asp
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243423.asp

Time to go get it for 25 at Gamestop used, then.

This is hysterical - everyone on this site knew the price would drop within months of it's release, yet some people still went ahead and paid 50 for it anyways.

CAG is *never* wrong.

Actually - do you all think this drop is going to all around universal, as in it's new MSRP everywhere is 29.99? Haven't heard too many reports of people finding it B&M yet, and I'd rather just use my employee discount to grab a copy at around 26 - 27.

Turns out amazon.com has it for $29.99 (both versions) too, so I guess it is a universal price drop.

Maybe I should wait a week or two for the used copies to start rolling in for cheap, or if I'm lucky, another $10 price drop. It's funny, when I first saw it for $30 I almost jumped on board immediately thinking it was a temporary sale. But since $30 is the new full price, it now seems intrinsically wrong to spend $30 on it.

I think it probably will be. The game sold less than SSBM and Animal Crossing last month, so retailers probably don't want it sitting on shelves.

As everyone has said, it'll be $20 or less by Thanksgiving easily.

[quote name='evanft']The game sold less than SSBM and Animal Crossing last month, so retailers probably don't want it sitting on shelves.[/QUOTE]

If that were all it took, there'd be very few GC games on the shelves.

That being said, my plan was always to wait until it's $20, and I don't doubt for a second that it'll happen in a few months.

Wow... this dropped just as quickly as Beyond Good and Evil.

I remember this game's content was brought up as being AO material after the whole Hot Coffee controversy.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']It's funny, when I first saw it for $30 I almost jumped on board immediately thinking it was a temporary sale. But since $30 is the new full price, it now seems intrinsically wrong to spend $30 on it.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. I was ready to jump on this before seeing that it is a universal drop. Now I think I will pass and wait for a better deal. $24.99 after $5 off using the GGC might not be so bad.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned already, but this definitely isn't online-only. I saw it for $30 in a local EB.

[quote name='mkelehan']If that were all it took, there'd be very few GC games on the shelves.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, Have you seen the Gamecube sections at most stores? It's already the case unfortunately.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']It's funny, when I first saw it for $30 I almost jumped on board immediately thinking it was a temporary sale. But since $30 is the new full price, it now seems intrinsically wrong to spend $30 on it.[/QUOTE]

Ah, us CAGers... The most complex creatures on the planet. :D

Seriously, I feel the same way. When I saw the title of this thread, I thought "All right! I'll buy it immediately!" Now that I've read through it, and see that the price drop is everywhere, I'm thinking "$30 is a little pricey..." ;)

i will pick it up now b/c i wanted to pick it up at launch but i pick nothing up at launch except Nis strategy games (makai, disgaea) and dance games (ddr, in the groove).

i just wish the GC was progressive for this.... sigh.. anyways, id be suprised to see more progressive scan games released being as the newer style GC doesnt have the component outs.... I bought this game for $22 used from a CAG here and still have yet to pop it in... working on these RPG's i got..... i just love RPG's because you GET your moneys worth ala time spent on the game....but i can only work on 1 at a time because i get a little stoney and cant remeber where im at if im on 3 or 4 RPG's

;)

Sweet deal. I'll probably pick this up for a friend as a birthday gift. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='DealHunter']Has anyone seen or read the comic and have any thoughts on it?[/QUOTE]

It's like a 1 minute read that is basically recaps an early scene in the game.

That's mental. This is possibly the finest gaming experience of the year (not the best game of the year, though), and it's ALREADY dropped by $20? What's wrong with people? Scared to venture away from GTA clones or something?

[quote name='PaulEMoz']That's mental. This is possibly the finest gaming experience of the year (not the best game of the year, though), and it's ALREADY dropped by $20? What's wrong with people? Scared to venture away from GTA clones or something?[/QUOTE]

You can blame this one solely on the reviews.

Almost *every* review I read starting out as "Killer 7 is either a love it / hate it game, it's not for everyone". After reading that, nobody wants to go throw down $50 bucks on a game like this, and Capcom should have known that.

Should have been 30 or 40 from the start.

[quote name='Roufuss']Almost *every* review I read starting out as "Killer 7 is either a love it / hate it game, it's not for everyone". [/QUOTE]

Mine didn't. I waited until the end until I said that! :lol:

[quote name='Jobb']I'm not sure if this was mentioned already, but this definitely isn't online-only. I saw it for $30 in a local EB.[/QUOTE]

OK, that's two people...

I got $125 for my birthday, seems a good way to spend some of it.

totally reccomend this game. so far the absolute best title I have played this year so far. The closest I have seen a game come to being an art form in a while...

(shameless plug) Come to my sisters' solo art show! Video Game Art!!!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']so far the absolute best title I have played this year so far.[/QUOTE]

You've played Resident Evil 4, God of War, etc. but you still recommend Killer 7? I'll definitely pick it up eventually, but if it already dropped to $29.99, I can see an even lower asking price in the near future. :D

[quote name='CocheseUGA']OK, that's two people...

I got $125 for my birthday, seems a good way to spend some of it.[/QUOTE]

perhaps a Guatemalan whore is the way to go...?

I just picked it up for $30 at EB B&M. I admit I did get frustrated at first, but I was determined enough to keep playing and now I enjoy it. The gameplay is great and unique and the puzzles are challenging. But I am glad I waited until the price drop. Now I can play it without having the extra $20 hanging over my head.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']You've played Resident Evil 4, God of War, etc. but you still recommend Killer 7? I'll definitely pick it up eventually, but if it already dropped to $29.99, I can see an even lower asking price in the near future. :D[/QUOTE]

K7 flushes God of War down the toilet...

[quote name='Apossum']K7 flushes God of War down the toilet...[/QUOTE]

Wow, just wow. Are you serious?

yeah, I didn't like god of war much. dumb enemies, broken combat systems and boring puzzles weren't my cup of tea. I was also pretty bored the whole time after the first level, up until the end when I just got pissed at that awful "protect the VIP" mission and lame last boss fight. A "shadow of the colossus" type of fight would've been much cooler instead of that pseudo-fighting game set up. But I will say the first level is freaking awesome.

not to say the puzzles weren't dumb in K7-- but I wasn't bored once and never got disgusted with the gameplay. just my opinion.

Both have kick ass stories though.

Wow, the GC version of Killer 7 is OOS at EBgames.com. It's still $30 B&M there and at GS, but if you actually care about the comic it looks like you're shit out of luck.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']the recall is making me think harder on buying it now[/QUOTE]
For or against? I'm more likely to do so now...

I bought the GC version from EB yesterday without any problems. They had a used PS2 copy of the game but for some reason, it rang up at $44.99.

bread's done
Back