Killer 7 w/bonus $29.99 NEW at EBgames!

Mr Durand Pierre

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Long time reader, first time posting a dealer; Killer 7 (w/bonus) is $29.99 new at EBgames. com.

Anyone know if this is a glitch, or if it's in-store as well? Because if so, I may just have to go pick this up and save $2 and a weeks worth of shipping.

Links added

GameStop (use coupon code FREESHIPALL for free shipping)
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=220230
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280954

EB Games
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/256236.asp
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243423.asp

[quote name='roachie17']I bought the GC version from EB yesterday without any problems. They had a used PS2 copy of the game but for some reason, it rang up at $44.99.[/QUOTE]

Had some trouble with this exact same thing yesterday. Went up to the cashier and she rang up a used copy of killer 7 and it came up as $44.99 so I was kind of cofused so I asked if she could ring it up again and it still came up as $44.99. Finally I asked if she could ring up a new copy of killer 7 and it came up as $29.99 so of course I went with the new copy but I guess this only applies to new copies

I hope it gets recalled. Mine was already shipped. I geuss I'll leave it sealed a while to see if the price on eBay skyrockets. Otherwise I'll play it (which is what I intended to do when I ordered).

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']fuck it, bought it from gamestop for $29.99 shipped[/QUOTE]

Suppose I can go ahead and use another voucher on the deal... $23.63 wouldn't be all that bad out the door. Just so many other games I want to buy as well.

[quote name='PaulEMoz']If Thompson has succeeded in getting this pulled, then America has officially gone to hell.[/QUOTE]

I concur. Especially since I don't think he ever heard of the game. Someone showed him "sex" in the IGN review, and he went apeshit. Having not played it I can't really offer anything concrete, but the word is the only "sex" scene is between clothed people. So... yeah... AO my ass.

its even not sex. its plain old run of the mill dry humping. (between a young chick and an old incapacitated man, but thats beside the point) apparently Jack never got the talk about "the hotdog and the bun"

Gamestop raised the price back to 49.99 on the website... PO is still 24.99 though.

Just remembered this tidbit of info as well:

If this price is indeed universal to all stores, Best Buy has a $5 dollar off coupon in the summer games guide book that will effectively make the price $25. They are still charging 50 however, and the coupon expires at the end of September.

[quote name='Roufuss']Gamestop raised the price back to 49.99 on the website... PO is still 24.99 though.

Just remembered this tidbit of info as well:

If this price is indeed universal to all stores, Best Buy has a $5 dollar off coupon in the summer games guide book that will effectively make the price $25. They are still charging 50 however, and the coupon expires at the end of September.[/QUOTE]

Well, with that news (maybe a result of GAmestop saying "Holy shit, there's buzz about this game... jack that price back up to the MSRP!"), I just picked it up at EB for $23.55 shipped after voucher (and got 2 vouchers back, I love email aliasing) as I don't see it dipping in price as soon as initially thought; wouldn't be surprised to see it go back up to $49.99 at EB soon as well.

It better not go back up in price. The whole point is for it to go even lower than $30. No fluctuations, please!

[quote name='tenzor']I am going to pick this up tomorrow at my EB, hopefully it won't go back up in price.[/QUOTE]

What I'd recommend (and what I, myself will do) is place an order now at EBgames.com while it's still $30 just in case it goes back up to $50 tomorrow. and if it doesn't, then I'll buy it B&M, and cancel my online order, so I won't have to wait a week and pay for shipping (i.e. a cheap game I'll never play).

You can grab a used copy from Gamestop.com for around $23 shipped (unless you have to add tax in) - use the 15% off code (MYBMYS15) and select the Value shipping. Not bad!
Of course, if it arrives missing the booklet and covered with those obnoxious stickers, I'll be less of a happy camper, but the booklet and case aren't worth $7 to me :)

Holy Crap! They cancelled my order on K7 (without any explanation mind you). It's still showing up as $29.99, so does anyone know if this is still good in store? I'd call myself, but I live on the West Coast and they don't open for a couple more hours here.

I could try ordering it again, but it would still temporarily come out of my bank account as a pending charge, so I don't want to mess around with that. Especially since I'll probably just end up buying it in store for $30 later today.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']Holy Crap! They cancelled my order on K7 (without any explanation mind you). It's still showing up as $29.99, so does anyone know if this is still good in store? I'd call myself, but I live on the West Coast and they don't open for a couple more hours here.

I could try ordering it again, but it would still temporarily come out of my bank account as a pending charge, so I don't want to mess around with that. Especially since I'll probably just end up buying it in store for $30 later today.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm a little worried. I put my order in last night and its still cancellable.

Edit: There are nine in stock for GC, don't see why there would be a problem with current orders...

whats up with that...they just can't fill the orders or are they pulling it for an AO rating?

[quote name='Apossum']whats up with that...they just can't fill the orders or are they pulling it for an AO rating?[/QUOTE]

Who knows.. I'm gonna be annoyed if they cancel mine. It'd be a hell of a lot easier to pull the game off the website than just cancel a couple hundred orders, but oh well.

[quote name='botticus']Yeah, I'm a little worried. I put my order in last night and its still cancellable.

Edit: There are nine in stock for GC, don't see why there would be a problem with current orders...[/QUOTE]

I decided to go through and try my order again, since it turns out I was never charged for the last one (it must have gone straight from open to cancelled). But I doubt it'll go through.

How long did it take for them to cancel your order? I figure I'll give mine till the end of work, then I'll just stop by EB and pick one up there if it's $30. Worst case I return the in-store purchase if my order goes through.

[quote name='botticus']How long did it take for them to cancel your order? I figure I'll give mine till the end of work, then I'll just stop by EB and pick one up there if it's $30. Worst case I return the in-store purchase if my order goes through.[/QUOTE]

I checked my order about 6 hours after it was placed when I realized it was cancelled. I'm not sure when during those 6 hours it took place.

But if I were you, I'd keep the in-store copy, then return the online one in-store, so you don't have to wait for shipping.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']I checked my order about 6 hours after it was placed when I realized it was cancelled. I'm not sure when during those 6 hours it took place.

But if I were you, I'd keep the in-store copy, then return the online one in-store, so you don't have to wait for shipping.[/QUOTE]

Well, the tiebreaker there is that I have a $10 voucher online, making it ~$10 cheaper. Which is worth the shipping time.

And I placed my order at 9pm last night, so it's going on 17 hours here with no status update. Might just order a second copy to see if they were just having issues, before it goes out of stock online.

Also interesting to note is that I'm pretty sure my order wasn't cancellable after a few hours last night, and then became cancellable again when I checked it this morning. Hopefully better luck with a second order.

Edit: FYI, my new (second) order is no longer cancellable. We'll see if it processes this time or jumps back out to cancellable like the first.

Is it possible that this sale was prompted by Jack Thompson going after this title? To be stuck with a title that didnt really sell well before, but now is behind the counter out of public view - They'd be stuck with them FOREVER ::echo::

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Is it possible that this sale was prompted by Jack Thompson going after this title? To be stuck with a title that didnt really sell well before, but now is behind the counter out of public view - They'd be stuck with them FOREVER ::echo::[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I think it'd be the opposite. No one cared about the game before. Now it's been the best-selling GC game on EBgames.com for the last two days. Part of that is probably cause the price dropped, another part of that would be people like TSD and I thinking "Hmm... maybe I should get it after all" That's also what I'm attributing Gamestop's price rebound to (back up to 49.99).

I'm more concerned that following this price drop they've done a GTA:SA-style recall, at least temporarily stopping sales.

Well the game is still $30 B&M (even though it may still have the awesome $49.99 sticker on it, which makes you feel like you're getting a deal). I just picked one up. The funny thing is that I still have to cancel my second online order (as they cancelled my first), but it has its status listed as "on hold" and it's not letting me cancel. I even tried calling them and the guy said to try back in a half-hour.

And when I asked why my first order was cancelled the guy didn't know. I imagine it's because the online store is out of the bonus comic and since they can't alter people's orders without their permission, they're just cancelling them until they can get their web guys to take out the "with bonus" on the site. Just a theory though.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']Well the game is still $30 B&M (even though it may still have the awesome $49.99 sticker on it, which makes you feel like you're getting a deal). I just picked one up. The funny thing is that I still have to cancel my second online order (as they cancelled my first), but it has its status listed as "on hold" and it's not letting me cancel. I even tried calling them and the guy said to try back in a half-hour.

And when I asked why my first order was cancelled the guy didn't know. I imagine it's because the online store is out of the bonus comic and since they can't alter people's orders without their permission, they're just cancelling them until they can get their web guys to take out the "with bonus" on the site. Just a theory though.[/QUOTE]

Damn, no bonus comic??? :p Ah well, if that's all it is, I'll be happy. I think I'll cancel my first one that is still cancellable when I get home, and then call about my second one to make sure it's gonna get shipped.

Then go to EB if I need to buy one in-store, and exchange my dirty Soul Calibur 2.

[quote name='smalien1']Mine was shipped[/QUOTE]

Thanks, gives me hope. Cancelled the first, second is still open, but not cancellable, hopefully they'll send me a shipping notice soon.

Oh, and now I notice... there is no comic attached to my new order, so you may have been right, Durand. If that's what it takes to get shipped, I'll deal.

Not sure on the price for a new game, but my gf scored me the last used copy of Killer 7 for the GC at Gamestop today... was $25 dollars (less with the GI card).

When I called last night, the employee found it real quick and when I asked for a hold and he asked the other employee, I could hear him say "Oh man, are you serious? You're not supposed to take games out of there" and they gave me a real hard time about holding it until tommorrow morning.

I called at 8:50 pm, no way could I get there in 10 minutes... they told me they'd hold it until noon, she was there as soon as they opened :D I guess a certain someone wanted it after they cashed a paycheck.

Oy... they're trying to annoy the hell out of me. My order bounces from cancellable to non-cancellable every few hours. I'm gonna have to call tonight just to make sure this thing is gonna ship or if I should just give up.

[quote name='botticus']Oy... they're trying to annoy the hell out of me. My order bounces from cancellable to non-cancellable every few hours. I'm gonna have to call tonight just to make sure this thing is gonna ship or if I should just give up.[/QUOTE]

Might just want to check your local B&M's.

[quote name='Roufuss']Might just want to check your local B&M's.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I'm going to, I'm just holding out for the sake of my online gift voucher.

[quote name='botticus']Haha, I'm going to, I'm just holding out for the sake of my online gift voucher.[/QUOTE]

Well... if you can find it at Gamestop it's only 22.50 I believe after the discount card, so that's not so bad. My copy is pristine looking and the stickers came off no problem.

Same price if EB B&M has used copies at 25 also, though i'm not sure what price they are charging for used... someone said they are still charging 44.99 for used so that may be out.

[quote name='Roufuss']Well... if you can find it at Gamestop it's only 22.50 I believe after the discount card, so that's not so bad. My copy is pristine looking and the stickers came off no problem.

Same price if EB B&M has used copies at 25 also, though i'm not sure what price they are charging for used... someone said they are still charging 44.99 for used so that may be out.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, if they even have GC used. All I've seen is PS2 used. We'll see though. I'm calling over to .com tonight, and if there's no resolution there I'll just pick one up tomorrow.

[quote name='botticus']Oy... they're trying to annoy the hell out of me. My order bounces from cancellable to non-cancellable every few hours. I'm gonna have to call tonight just to make sure this thing is gonna ship or if I should just give up.[/QUOTE]

try this on for size: After calling twice yesterday to cancel my online order and having no success, I tried calling again today and got a recording that their system is down for maintenence until Sun night. Oh, and my order is also "on hold" whatever that means.

It won't matter too much if it goes through. I can still return in-store, but it will be a minor pain in the ass.

P.S. I tried the game out for a couple hours, and I've liked it quite a bit so far. The gimp's dilogue is pretty repetitive and gets old quick, but I have a feeling he's only in it a lot to help the player ouut in the first level, and presumably his part will get smaller after that. But the shooting is even more fun than I anticipated, and that's where it counts.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']try this on for size: After calling twice yesterday to cancel my online order and having no success, I tried calling again today and got a recording that their system is down for maintenence until Sun night. Oh, and my order is also "on hold" whatever that means.

It won't matter too much if it goes through. I can still return in-store, but it will be a minor pain in the ass.

P.S. I tried the game out for a couple hours, and I've liked it quite a bit so far. The gimp's dilogue is pretty repetitive and gets old quick, but I have a feeling he's only in it a lot to help the player ouut in the first level, and presumably his part will get smaller after that. But the shooting is even more fun than I anticipated, and that's where it counts.[/QUOTE]

Ha, yeah, I just got off the phone after hearing that message. So I guess I'm off to buy in-store when I return my defective Soul Calibur. Glad to hear it's to your liking, I'm hoping to ejoy it. My order is still open, so it may or may not go through, ah well.

Edit: Got myself a brand spankin-new copy at EB today, as well as exchange Soul Calibur 2 for a nice "new" used copy.

A question: how does EB deal with returns for new games nowadays? I walk in, ask for a new copy of Killer 7. He takes a sealed case off the shelf in the back, rips off the plastic (it's empty inside) and finds a disc to put in there. Do they do this to make it impossible to do returns, or what?

[quote name='HighRes']I saw the PS2 version at Walmart for $29.99 yesterday. I didn't see any GC copies around.[/QUOTE]
GC version is $29.99 at Target as well.

This game is so much fun. I bought it a little over a month ago at GR for $50. Worth every penny IMO, but I'm a rather artsy fella anyway. :D

[quote name='aoLat']This game is so much fun. I bought it a little over a month ago at GR for $50. Worth every penny IMO, but I'm a rather artsy fella anyway. :D[/QUOTE]

I think it might be fun, if I can get past the first "how do you solve this puzzle?" moment. I think my gaming skills can now be termed non-existent.

Anyway, called EBgames.com just now, and my order is "in the first stages of being packaged and shipped, and should ship out first thing Monday morning" So we'll see how that holds true.

Now the question will be if EB B&M will accept the "new" copy they sold me in a return even though its unsealed. Worst case I'll return the sealed copy I receive in the mail with my higher priced (in-store) receipt.

[quote name='botticus']I think it might be fun, if I can get past the first "how do you solve this puzzle?" moment. I think my gaming skills can now be termed non-existent.
[/QUOTE]

heh, that's funny cause the normal difficulty in Killer 7 basically gives you hints on how to solve the puzzles. actually, it tells you what to do since the map shows you which character you should be using at a particular spot. you can turn the hints off by playing it on a harder difficulty though

bread's done
Back