Killzone 2 - $54.99 AC shipped @ Amazon

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
EDIT2: Release date delivery has been added as an option! Free for Prime members, $5.98 for regular customers.

EDIT: Looks as though Amazon has raised the price on the game to $59.99, with the coupon, it would now be $54.99 shipped.

(credit to Guled)
Coupon: KZ2SAVE5

http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-2-Pl..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1233257919&sr=8-1

It's a good game this time (if you hated the first one):

IGN USA: 9.4
Eurogamer: 9/10
IGN UK: 9.4
IGN AU: 9.0
Gamepro 5/5
Gamereactor 10
Meristation: 9.5
Eurogamer.pt 10
Eurogamer.es 10
Gameplayer: 9.5
Empire: 4/5
Vandal 9.6
PSLife (denmark) 9.5
Gamepro (spanish) 10
Inside Gamer (dutch) 9.5
Konsolifin (finnish) 5/5
jeuxvideo.com 17/20
play3-live.com 19/20
Gamereactor (denmark): 9/10 - Second Opinion: 8/10
GamePlay (croatia): 20/20
576Kbyte (hungary): 9.7

Sorry if old. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, this is probably the best deal we will find on this game for quite a long time. I pre-ordered mine.

^^ Well, with CC, there probably gonna be something like $10 GC, which to some (actually, a lot) people, that's pretty good. Now that CC is no more, $8 off a new release with free PSH costume code, why not?

Again, if you're worried about shipping, you can always get a copy locally on release night/day and return the Amazon copy to the local store when it arrives...

[quote name='Wolfkin']this aside i think it's odd that $7 off constitutes a front page deal. I guess it's really the slow season dealwise.[/quote]

I saved $11.95. ($63.55 total w/Tax in Michigan)...

That's 19% off.. Not to bad for a pre-order offer.

What more could you expect for a new game?

im thinking about biting on this. but the game comes out on the 27th and the estimated delivery march 4th. just dont know if the few bucks is worth a 5 day wait.whats the history with amazon shipping? do things usually come earlier than estimated?

well i guess for a pre-order that is pretty decent and don't get me wrong. I'm not really complaining I'm all for more deals on the front page lame or not. I just thought it was a bit odd. oh well, I'll wait for the clearance myself.

[quote name='Wolfkin']this aside i think it's odd that $7 off constitutes a front page deal. I guess it's really the slow season dealwise.[/quote]
I made the front page?

:whee:

i canceled my gamestop pre order took the cash and pre order it through Amazon. saving $12 . i still got the gamestop demo code and now i get the free Killzone Home clothes. its a win win

Cancelled my original pre-order and grabbed it again with the coupon. Thanks OP!

I have Prime, so I may tack on the $3.99 overnight shipping, since Amazon is effectively subsidizing it with this deal. It'd be nice to have it to play over that weekend.

Yesterday I looked at the amazon sales page and I couldnt see a picture but today they have one up and now I can see why people want it so much. It looks really cool. Anyone played it yet?

[quote name='shadowkast']I've seen a few people begging for it. So here it is for free

It's also listed in post #1, thus the price in the title of the thread. You guys crack me up
[/QUOTE]

actually I think a few people got $5 off from the coupon and ANOTHER $5 off if you pre-ordered it a while back....making it $46.99
wish I would have pre-ordered sooner, $47 would have been super sweet!

mine says march 2nd
since I live by a distribution center I bet I get it on that day or if it ships a day early then maybe Feb. 28th (which would be sweet!)

[quote name='VivaGardner']Only thing that is a bummer is :

1 item - delivery estimate: March 11, 2009 - March 17, 2009[/quote]

I'm so glad they put all their work into the single player and multiplayer, instead of bothering wasting their time with coop bullshit.

Co-op may be added as DLC according to IGN's review. I hope so at least.

Damn this game is going to be awesome.

Nice I'll have to check it out
cool.gif

Heh...nice price and very nice scores, but I'm afraid this game has to wait till I get me a PS3, and I refuse to budge on one till I can get it for the same $299 (plus something good free like $60 store credit, damn it!) as my 360. Maybe Black Friday 09...who knows? After the way Sony got trashed in sales for November, I can't see them willing to take another beating like that by sticking to those prices. :twisted:

[quote name='Serpent01'] 1. why would Killzone effect the price of Resistance 2?

2. It wont drop to $39.99 any time soon considering how R&C:TOD (a game released in 2007) is still $59.99 in some places.[/quote]

1. Because people will stop buying Resistance 2 and instead spend their money on Killzone.

2. If it does not drop on price MSRP, then I am sure on ebay it will drop on price considerably. I remember buying Resistance 1 brand new for $28 shipped when it was still retailing for $60. This was on October of 2007.

You make some good points oasisboy, but if I was new to the PS3 I personally would get both Resistance 2 and Killzone 2.

[quote name='oasisboy']Because people will stop buying Resistance 2 and instead spend their money on Killzone. [/quote]

That's like saying since Gears of War 2 was released after Halo 3, people will buy Gears of War 2 instead of Halo 3. That logic just doesn't make any sense - they are two different games that give you a different experience.

[quote name='Aleman']True, PS3 games have really high resale value on Craigslist, at least where I live.

Meanwhile I'm lucky to sell popular new release 360 games for $30, and I have to weed through ten "I'll give you $20 for it, I have the cash on hand" emails to get there.[/quote]
I guess partially because blu-ray has a scratch resistant coating that keeps the disc in a far better shape than a used 360 DVD.

I just checked my email again and the only email I received from Playstation Network in the past few days was Preordering Killzone 2 at Gamcrazy and get an exclusive T-shirt.

prekillzonevy8.jpg

I got one from amazon and my bro got one from gamestop. No co-op doesn't bother me ( i think people wanted co-op online? cause co-op campaign might be too easy too fast ). We can play in the same map in the same room, he just needs to bring his tv down to the game room and his ps3.. BAM instant co-op with 2 full screens :D

[quote name='AeonShadowX']I got one from amazon and my bro got one from gamestop. No co-op doesn't bother me ( i think people wanted co-op online? cause co-op campaign might be too easy too fast ). We can play in the same map in the same room, he just needs to bring his tv down to the game room and his ps3.. BAM instant co-op with 2 full screens :D[/QUOTE]

They're talking about co-op campaign, online. You can't do co-op campaign no matter how many PS3's you have.

This game looks awesome, but the lack of co-op is a bit annoying. At this day in age, no big FPS should be released without co-op. There's no excuse.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Heh...nice price and very nice scores, but I'm afraid this game has to wait till I get me a PS3, and I refuse to budge on one till I can get it for the same $299 (plus something good free like $60 store credit, damn it!) as my 360. Maybe Black Friday 09...who knows? After the way Sony got trashed in sales for November, I can't see them willing to take another beating like that by sticking to those prices. :twisted:[/quote]
You may be in luck if you have a CC with some PS3s left. 30% off on consoles in most places for now.

[quote name='Vcize']They're talking about co-op campaign, online. You can't do co-op campaign no matter how many PS3's you have.

This game looks awesome, but the lack of co-op is a bit annoying. At this day in age, no big FPS should be released without co-op. There's no excuse.[/QUOTE]

Yes there is an excuse, that this game is meant to be a single player experience not a 2 -4 player experience.

This is why there is a separate co-op for Resistance 2........
If a feature just doesn't work, the developers shouldnt have to water the game down to put it in as it may diminish the value of the whole game

[quote name='Microshock']Yes there is an excuse, that this game is meant to be a single player experience not a 2 -4 player experience.

This is why there is a separate co-op for Resistance 2........
If a feature just doesn't work, the developers shouldnt have to water the game down to put it in as it may diminish the value of the whole game[/quote]

Sorry man, but with the way IGN reviewed it, they made it pretty clear that the A.I. system provides such a strong Co-op experience, that a transition to real co-op would have been seamless.

[quote name='help1']Sorry man, but with the way IGN reviewed it, they made it pretty clear that the A.I. system provides such a strong Co-op experience, that a transition to real co-op would have been seamless.[/QUOTE]

And how many games have IGN developed?

[quote name='Ogami Itto']And how many games have IGN developed?[/quote]

Combined with the fact that the developers have already hinted at adding co-op in later, it seems that you fanboys are just a little butt hurt trying to support a supposed "developer decision" which in my opinion really points to a lack of time. In fact, all signs point towards a little bit of a lack of time, seeing as how Sony really needs as many Killer apps as it can get for the PS3 as soon as possible.

[quote name='help1']Combined with the fact that the developers have already hinted at adding co-op in later, it seems that you fanboys are just a little butt hurt trying to support a supposed "developer decision" which in my opinion really points to a lack of time. In fact, all signs point towards a little bit of a lack of time, seeing as how Sony really needs as many Killer apps as it can get for the PS3 as soon as possible.[/quote]

Actually the whole Co-op DLC is a rumor. Im pretty sure they said they werent interested when asked on the official forums. As for the reason, probably time and how the game was made. KZ2 started development around 06, and FPS co-op games werent that popular back then. After years of working on it, they werent about to change how the game was made to play due to fanboy crap.("COD has it,so should this right?: mentality) If thats how you guys like to think then COD6 should have KZ2 level graphics no? Its 2009 already and the devs are no noobs, so if it dont match KZ2, it fails right?

KZ2 had to live up to the E3 05 CG video and It has. But now haters are just trying to make any crap up to downplay KZ2. So they use the "co-op" feature as a way to bash it while ignoring the fact it has met and in some areas surpassed the CG video of 2005 while also having a great Multiplayer component with dedicated servers no less. Fanboys will be fanboys and continue a retarder PS3vs360 fan war.

[quote name='lolwut?']They don't charge you until it ships right? Because I'll pre-order now, I just don't have the $52 up front[/quote]

yup you dont pay a dime until it ships.

Wasn't planning to purchase this, but found it in my gold box today. For $49.14, I can't really pass it up. Hope it live up to all the hypes.

[quote name='help1']Combined with the fact that the developers have already hinted at adding co-op in later, it seems that you fanboys are just a little butt hurt trying to support a supposed "developer decision" which in my opinion really points to a lack of time. In fact, all signs point towards a little bit of a lack of time, seeing as how Sony really needs as many Killer apps as it can get for the PS3 as soon as possible.[/QUOTE]

lol @ butt hurt comment. you = confirmed moron.

bread's done
Back