Killzone 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info

Yeah the reason I mentioned Mr. CheapyD was because I know he enjoys playing with his friends on the box a lot. Which Yukine picked up on right away... I just wonder if Killzone 2 might be a game that we see him scurrying around online with his PS3 a bit.

I got my demo code , add me if you want .

*EDIT* I guess aou guys are talking about the beta .

When can demo codes be redeemable ?

Last edited by a moderator:
February 5.

I noticed that somebody on my friends list has played KZ2, as he has trophies from whatever build of the game that he's had for a few weeks now. I does wish some harm upon him.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']February 5.

I noticed that somebody on my friends list has played KZ2, as he has trophies from whatever build of the game that he's had for a few weeks now. I does wish some harm upon him.[/QUOTE]

Cool , that means the code I have has not been used like I thought it may have been .
fuckin' Gamstop employees .

Just pre-ordered from Neweggs for $57... free shipping and no tax for me (Amazon charges NY taxes). Also, with ebates.com, you're getting another $1.14 back. Done deal, i want those trophies right now!

I just bought the official BT headset from Sony. (30% off CC)

Sound quality is alright with the warhawk one, and though my USB mic sounds really good, I hate cords.

The official set has a HQ audio mode for games that support it, and KZ2 does.
Oh, and mute. (yes, to mute myself, as people talk to me in the room as I play)

[quote name='dallow']I just bought the official BT headset from Sony. (30% off CC)

Sound quality is alright with the warhawk one, and though my USB mic sounds really good, I hate cords.

The official set has a HQ audio mode for games that support it, and KZ2 does.
Oh, and mute. (yes, to mute myself, as people talk to me in the room as I play)[/quote]

Great choice! Best mic out there for the PS3 just for the simple fact of the notifications that pop up when muting/changing volume whatever. Socom is the only game with HQ right now, and it is noticeably better than most PS3 games. And I had no idea that KZ2 was supporting it, thats great news. Hopefully it makes the proximity chat better b/c I was not a huge fan of it in the beta.

It uses the PS3's processing power to analyze and filter out background noise and amplify the voice coming from the headset. If you use the PS3 headset with other things, you'll notice a slight, but distinct drop in quality.

[quote name='seanr1221']What's HQ audio mode? :whistle2:s

I never noticed it in Socom.[/quote]

Yeah I wanna know too. I'm getting sick of the Warhawk headset. I'm probably gonna pick up the new one.

Makes you wish yhou bought the Tom Clancy EndWar bundle for $49.99 when it was on sale at Target .

[quote name='Vanigan']It uses the PS3's processing power to analyze and filter out background noise and amplify the voice coming from the headset. If you use the PS3 headset with other things, you'll notice a slight, but distinct drop in quality.[/QUOTE]

Where did you hear that ?

Just saw some trailers and the opening cinema on GT. Damn, this game is looking good!

I don't know about a day one purchase, but if it's $40 right around launch I'll be picking it up.

Seems like everyone that owns a ps3 is getting this game. I'll be honest I didn't think the first Killzone was all that. I am hyped about Killzone 2 though. I plan to pick it up the first day or at least within the week of it being released.

[quote name='seanr1221']Thanks guys, just set up my headset the HQ way.[/quote]
The H:cool: way.
I'll try it out with KZ2 when the time comes.

Does the Endwar bundle come with this headset too?
I got Endwar as a gift anyway, and have yet to play it.

[quote name='dallow']The H:cool: way.
I'll try it out with KZ2 when the time comes.

Does the Endwar bundle come with this headset too?
I got Endwar as a gift anyway, and have yet to play it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does.

Sell me one.

$49 regular, so about $35.

Not huge savings, but I was disappointed all the 1600 points cards were gone from the night before, and wanted to walk out with something.

[quote name='mykevermin']The what way?[/QUOTE]

If you set it up wirelessly, it will act like a typical bluetooth headset.

If you sync it using the USB cord, you can display the battery life on the screen, prompts appear when you mute/change volume, and apparently some games will make your voice come through clearer.

[quote name='seanr1221']If you set it up wirelessly, it will act like a typical bluetooth headset.

If you sync it using the USB cord, you can display the battery life on the screen, prompts appear when you mute/change volume, and apparently some games will make your voice come through clearer.[/QUOTE]

danke schoen. I may try that out. may. I'm not a talker online. Traumatized by the near-death heavy breathing of some portly fuck playing NFL Fever during the XBL beta 5 or so years ago. Sounded like the kind of dude that would have to use an inhaler after thinking too hard. Which made him sound like kind of a Chester.

I'm looking forward to this. So I'll be able to pay $30 for a copy of Resistance 2. ;)

I would like this game, so I'll probably grab it as soon as I can get it for $45.

EDIT: Wow. Just took a look at the OP and saw this gem:

Expect a playable Killzone 2 demo to be released (hmm, Phil Harrison is keynoting at GDC...) before gamers are participating in the beta for Halo 3.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd personally rather have a kick arse FINISHED game like were gonna get, then a shitty one that came out against Halo 3 and had flamewars. :roll:

How do I make sure my mic is set up HQ?

Can I order game from Gamestop to get demo code and easily cancel the order later if I want to?

Here is an image of the perk tree.

[quote name='Breakpoint']Can I order game from Gamestop to get demo code and easily cancel the order later if I want to?[/quote]

Well yes you can cancel but I don't know how easy your local store will make it. Some times they hassle me and ask me if I want to just move the credit and I have to be pretty firm about getting my money back. Just tell them you didn't like the demo after it comes out if they need a reason.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Here is an image of the perk tree.

Well yes you can cancel but I don't know how easy your local store will make it. Some times they hassle me and ask me if I want to just move the credit and I have to be pretty firm about getting my money back. Just tell them you didn't like the demo after it comes out if they need a reason.[/quote]

I made it to Master Sargeant but when I went to try out the Medic the beta was over :(

[quote name='mykevermin']

I'm looking forward to this. So I'll be able to pay $30 for a copy of Resistance 2. ;)

:lol:[/quote]

That's funny you should say that. I was thinking the exact same thing as well. :applause:

The perk tree looks good, sounds like the Sniper Rifle might be powerful seeing as it's the last to get unlocked, guess I gotta dive in head first on Day 1 ;)

[quote name='Inf^Shini']The perk tree looks good, sounds like the Sniper Rifle might be powerful seeing as it's the last to get unlocked, guess I gotta dive in head first on Day 1 ;)[/quote]

I'm a little upset about that. I really like using sniper rifles, and while I wouldn't mind working to unlock one I'm a little shocked at how far up the tree it is. I'm thinking that the cloak/rifle combo has more to do with it then the power of the rifle itself.

[quote name='NamPaehc']I'm a little upset about that. I really like using sniper rifles, and while I wouldn't mind working to unlock one I'm a little shocked at how far up the tree it is. I'm thinking that the cloak/rifle combo has more to do with it then the power of the rifle itself.[/quote]
Well to anyone who had played the demo, how long does it take to rank up/acquire points?

I didn't pay attention to the possible cloak/snipe combo, I guess that could be it. Either way, this is gonna get a lot of attention from me, gotta own it just like I pwned R2 ;)

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Well to anyone who had played the demo, how long does it take to rank up/acquire points?

I didn't pay attention to the possible cloak/snipe combo, I guess that could be it. Either way, this is gonna get a lot of attention from me, gotta own it just like I pwned R2 ;)[/quote]

A while. Longer than COD4

bread's done
Back