Killzone 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='js1']Where can one get this?
Also it seems that one guy went buckwild and bought at least 13-16 of them.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Killzone-2-kill...4|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50[/quote]

Heh, that guy is in my hometown (i'm at school right now). I find it funny that the BIN is $199 and the auction that link is for ended at $75 and the reserve wasn't met :roll:

Another reason I don't get why people pay so much money for early copies is even if you win the auction today, you're getting it on Monday at the earliest.

Well, I received my laser yesterday. It turns out it was a white clip which some believe is a high fail rate laser from china. I took my system apart guess what? The factory laser was a white clip. I figured that because mine was a white clip, I might as well try it. The "new" laser read a dvd, bluray movie fine. When I tried a ps3 game, it would still not read; it would spin a few times, stop and try again. After trying different disks for about and hour, I tried cleaning my old one, putting it back in and still did not work.

The process(laser replacement) is not that hard to I can be done with the whole process in about 30-45 mins. I asked the sell for an exchange for a "brown" clip.
PS3GoodlaserBadLaser.jpg

I'm getting to the point I'm not sure what to do. Because if I send it to sony who is to say they wont put in a similar laser,Sony only offers a 90 warranty on the repairs so I don't know if I should see if I can fix it myself and then sell the unit and buy a newer model which should have two lasers instead of one. Or just fix it and see what happens over time.

Sorry, for the long post had to rant!

I read this from the official killzone website "NOTE-1: Clan creation will not work for you until you have ranked up to Sergeant in-game! So you will have to wait till the game servers are live and you've ranked up twice before you can use that functionality!" I guess you're gonna have to burn the midnight oil Mana to rank up before you can create the CAG Clan :)

[quote name='tenchi']I read this from the official killzone website "NOTE-1: Clan creation will not work for you until you have ranked up to Sergeant in-game! So you will have to wait till the game servers are live and you've ranked up twice before you can use that functionality!" I guess you're gonna have to burn the midnight oil Mana to rank up before you can create the CAG Clan :)[/quote]
That is smart on their part. Halo 2 used to ave so many useless clans.

[quote name='tenchi']I guess you're gonna have to burn the midnight oil Mana to rank up before you can create the CAG Clan :)[/quote]

Someone else will have to burn it twice as fast for those of us who don't want to be in his clan. :roll:

[quote name='bmachine']Someone else will have to burn it twice as fast for those of us who don't want to be in his clan. :roll:[/quote]
There is gonna be someone else heading a more competitive CAG clan for this.

If I can get my system up and running this week, I think I will be playing this game ALOT. I read the manual last night, multiplayer seems like it should be really cool.

[quote name='js1']If I can get my system up and running this week, I think I will be playing this game ALOT. I read the manual last night, multiplayer seems like it should be really cool.[/quote]

The beta for MP was pretty sick and everyone should enjoy it. I played quite a bit while it was up and it definitely keeps you on your toes.

Almost got it at Shopko today. Brought it up to the registers, but it wouldn't let the guy ring me up. He's giving me 10% off the game on Friday for the trouble.

[quote name='bmachine']Someone else will have to burn it twice as fast for those of us who don't want to be in his clan. :roll:[/quote]

Im on it.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']There is gonna be someone else heading a more competitive CAG clan for this.[/quote]

In the beta it only took a few hours so I should have it up and going by Friday Morning for those interested.

so how am i going to split my time between this and sfiv? ive been playing iv so much last week that i didnt play r2. and im easy two trophies away from platinum...

[quote name='enufs8d']so how am i going to split my time between this and sfiv? ive been playing iv so much last week that i didnt play r2. and im easy two trophies away from platinum...[/quote]
For a second there, I almost thought you meant two away from plat in SFIV, I almost flipped out o_O

[quote name='gsgtpepper']I was just at the St Charles, Illinois Meijer and they had three copies. Just as I was asking the clerk about them some guy grabbed all three and said that he was buying them for his "friends" (ie, people on Ebay who can't bother to wait a week and want to pay an arm and a leg.)[/quote]

That's where I live :bouncy:

Maybe I'll check to see if they restock before scheduled release again.

I'm maxed out on vacation time at work so I decided to take Friday off to play. Hope the FedEx guy gets here early! :bouncy:

[quote name='Inf^Shini']There is gonna be someone else heading a more competitive CAG clan for this.[/quote]

Excellent news.

[quote name='smiggity']Im on it. [/quote]

You rock.

I'd love to be in the CAG clan, if the multi-player is as good as its supposed to be, I will be playing the crap out of it.

would be crazy if amazon shpped early but oh well I have class and work on thurs so Friday will be fine, plus UPS comes in the morn =) to excited.

how is multi? i didnt bother to download the demo given my backlog. so squad based? any team objectives... cod4 headquarters/r2 skirmishes?

[quote name='enufs8d']how is multi? i didnt bother to download the demo given my backlog. so squad based? any team objectives... cod4 headquarters/r2 skirmishes?[/quote]

Everything you need to know...and more lol :)

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/891/891245p1.html
(From IGN)

The demo wasnt multiplayer based anyway. Just single player...all five minutes of it :). A lovely 5 minutes though :)

Tried the demo and it was pretty good. Controls seemed a bit floaty though like there was lag or something. Not sure if it's just the PS3 analogs or what.

I'll prob wait for a good deal before I buy it.

I got the game earlier today but only had time to play the first level. From what I have played so far it is great. I thought it looked great in the demo, but the rest of the level looks even better. I was completely immersed in the game. I know its a little early but in my opinion it has lived up to the hype. I would've kept on playing but I need to go to sleep. Go get this game on Friday!

Saw it at Target yesterday but I didn't pick it up. Was it street dated and Target just screwed up? I have it pre-ordered @ GS, but now I may wait for the TRU deal. Or if I get impatient I'll pick it up today on the way home from work.

Will be even more quieter when its out lol...

I aint going to be coming back to the thread until ive finished with the single player.

[quote name='xDARKx Knight']Will be even more quieter when its out lol...

I aint going to be coming back to the thread until ive finished with the single player.[/quote]
Same here.
I will finish it this weekend.

I'm hoping to get my shipment notification email from Amazon today. At least I'll be able to track the game's journey to my door. It'll be like a mini-game!

[quote name='bmachine']I'm hoping to get my shipment notification email from Amazon today. At least I'll be able to track the game's journey to my door. It'll be like a mini-game![/quote]
Haha, that's what I'm doing. Keep checking for that shipped email.

Just got a twitter that there's going to be another Guerrilla Games chat on the PS Blog this afternoon, at 3pm EST.

Details here:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/23/second-killzone-2-live-chat-coming-this-wednesday/

The post indicates that they'll be addressing a single topic...most likely multiplayer, if I had to guess.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's not multiplayer:

Killzone 2 Live Q&A #2 with Guerrilla Games

Posted by Jeff Rubenstein // Social Media Manager
It’s time again for what’s quickly becoming a weekly tradition - a one-hour live chat with our good friends in Guerrilla Games. Starting at noon Pacific/3pm Eastern, Jan-Bart Van Beek and Geert Donker will be joining us live from Amsterdam. They worked on the Killzone 2 TV spot that was revealed last week using KZ2’s game engine. They’re on hand to answer questions about anything you saw in that ad and the recently announced “4-D” PS3 app, where you’ll be able to take a closer look into the world revealed in the ad.
Come back at noon Pacific and start asking questions!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='smiggity']Ill be at Walmart tomorrow night waiting for midnight to strike.[/quote]

me too, if that fails then target suppose to have them stocked at 8am according to the sunday ad.

There's a KZ2 ad demo coming out on PSN.

The KZ2 ad was created using entirely in-game engine, and to prove that/show it off, they are releasing a demo where you can control the ad and change the camera angle and speed and such.

Basically, just showing off how gorgeous the game is.

[quote name='zewone']There's a KZ2 ad demo coming out on PSN.

The KZ2 ad was created using entirely in-game engine, and to prove that/show it off, they are releasing a demo where you can control the ad and change the camera angle and speed and such.

Basically, just showing off how gorgeous the game is.[/QUOTE]

I didn't like the ad very much, but that will be cool to be able to fly around in it.

Got a call from GS. Apparently they are doing a midnight launch tomorrow. I wasn't expecting this at all since my local store is pretty small (Bear, DE) and they did not do it for MGS4.

It's gonna be a long night!

[quote name='zewone']There's a KZ2 ad demo coming out on PSN.

Basically, just showing off how gorgeous the game is.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty good. They should release a video ad on Xbox Live

[quote name='smiggity']Ill be at Walmart tomorrow night waiting for midnight to strike.[/QUOTE]

be careful and make sure your walmart has it. i went to a 24 hr wally at midnight for r2 and they didnt have shit. well, to be fair, r2 launch was pretty lackluster.

Love the beta so I went on hunting for KZII around my city. I didn't bother looking at Target/GS/EB/BB since they probably won't sell it to me. If you have a independent game store like Gameplay for example, they have like a gang of copies in stock. I canceled my pre-ordered from Amazon due to some BS credit card error. Anyway, I'm about to hop onto the MP server, pretty much want to see where my skills level is at right now.

Gameplay Pasadena and Long Beach have them in stock for $61.XX with tax.
Paramount Swapmeat also have them in stock for $65. My friend kinda bargain with one of the game vendor and he got them to let it go for $60 cash.

Add me PSNID: Zephyrx84

My copy came this morning :)

So i will say goodbye to this thread until i have finished with the single player. Give me an add if you wanna play some multiplayer...let me know your from here.

Speak later guys!

I got it tonight during my lunch break at work. Played though some of the first level at work, so far it's freaking gorgeous and plays amazingly well. Once I finish my snack im going to start my progression at home.

bread's done
Back