Killzone 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']if the tactitian room goes good I'll maybe do a melee only room.[/quote]
Speaking of Tactician I need to earn the medal for spawn points. With luck I could do that during the CAG night on Thursday.

I've found the best spot in the entire game for turrets is at the ISA propaganda return stand (meaning the one the Helghast have to run it to) on Visari Hammer. I don't know why but my one single turret was "headshotting" a lot of people even though its far from the people it was taking down. Just that one turret got me a ribbon for that game.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I might make an airbot room tonight for only 4 people... it'll basically be tossing remotes around and standing near them till a bot ills you :lol: .[/QUOTE]

What time are you planning on making it? I'll try to get on though if it's full, I may make my own if there are lots of people wanting to get this ribbon done with.

I think I'll try to make a 1v1 room for the air support ribbon. Would be faster since you only get two drones anyways. So anyone interested in doing this tonight. Add me to your friends list and send me a msg tonight and I'll set up the room.

[quote name='enufs8d']hey, ryaend, i figured out why we havent had our aerial bot match yet... you're not on your my friends list. lol..

ill be free after my exams next week.[/quote]

Haha, alright dude. I'll send you a friend request right now. After we get our five kills with the bots in one game, we could then switch it up to pistols, melee, turrets or whatever else you need so we get a bunch of ribbons at the end of the match.

Onto another topic: For those of you that pre-ordered this game at Amazon, what did you do with your Killzone 2 Home Costume codes? I was wondering because I've been checking out the completed listings for these on Ebay and the prices they're being bought for are ridiculous. I decided to put up an auction for my code with a BIN price of $25 and it sold in less than 12 hours. Just a heads-up to you guys that have these codes lying around with no plans on using them. Might as well make some money.

I think the most important piece of advice is to always be managing the turrets on the map and don't feel bad about breaking your teammates turrets that are not in useful places. I find that a lot of times a teammate will put a turret next to a defend point but either they don't think to destroy it or they don't know to after the mission has changed and it will sit there being unused.

It is so unbelievably frustrating being on a team w/ completely incompetent teammates. The one game was search and destroy, I kept deploying spawns next to the objective. I then go to throw another one since my original is about to run out and nothing happens. So I realize that all my spawns are used up. I then get killed and go to the spawn map to find some douchebag put a spawn all the way back at our original spawn point. Keep in mind we were at Pyrrhus Rise. :bomb:

And then it was that deliver the speaker game and I was an engineer but I spent more time breaking some idiots turrets that he kept placing right behind our spawn bots .. which are obviously nowhere near the speaker return stands.

All this would be forgivable if I was playing with new people but everyone was at lieutenants and captains! I don't understand how people can be so bad at the game unless all they did before was play body count or something.

/rant over

The realism in Killzone 2 is really lacking for me right now. I just unlocked the C4 ability and I am greatly disappointed that I can't stick the C4 to my opponent's crotch. I can stick it to their legs and ankles, but not their crotch. It's just so heartbreaking to have the Ball Boomer ability. Tsk tsk tsk.

look at the spoiler below ONLY if you have beaten Killzone 2 single player... or don't care about Killzone 2s story.

Ok...after you kill every enemy, you can point at him and the cursor stays white, showing that that enemy is dead.
But after you kill Radec, you point at him, he is still red.
Was this a glitch, some forgotten code, or possibly the lead into Killzone3?

Post your thoughts...

[quote name='zewone']We should play together more often, Mak. I can never find good partners. :bouncy:[/quote]

Sure. Sounds good. :twoguns:

[quote name='Pan1c42']look at the spoiler below ONLY if you have beaten Killzone 2 single player... or don't care about Killzone 2s story.

Ok...after you kill every enemy, you can point at him and the cursor stays white, showing that that enemy is dead.

Post your thoughts...
[/quote]

Can't say I took notice. You really pay attention to detail dont you? :lol:

i noticed two CAGs from my clan in my game today. pretty cool. zenprime and makersled

btw, playing as Engineer probably ruined my k/d ratio. :(

If anyone wants to play add me I could use some games with people team working. Argh, I wish I could host but with my line being DSL ie.800kb up 6 megs down that puts that out of the question. Anyway add me guys love to get a game going with people who want to team work.

I got a question about medic's 2nd ability, the healing pouch.
Do i just dump the healing pouches on the floor and when 5 ppl pick them up before the game ends. I get the ribbon?

I can never find any CAG members in any game lol, when I go view online members, no one is on.
I mean for casual 3 =P

I just finished the game a week ago (I rented the title to see what I thought), and I really enjoyed it. I think beyond graphics, the game really doesn't do much to set itself apart from the other testosterone-filled, sci-fi military shooters. It doesn't make it a bad game though. I think multiplayer is fantastic, and I love the inclusion of bots (bots don't call people racist names).

The biggest problem with the game I had was the horrible story and dialogue. Way too much superfluous cussing which can make a game come off really juvenile as it did here. It's as if the writers just got out of college and think f-bombs make a game mature.

Other than that, awesome game. I look forward to adding it to the collection sometime soon. :)

[quote name='Xeph820']I got a question about medic's 2nd ability, the healing pouch.
Do i just dump the healing pouches on the floor and when 5 ppl pick them up before the game ends. I get the ribbon?[/quote]

Yep. It counts for yourself too. I threw grenades, took the self-inflicted damage and healed myself. Just don't get too close or you'll suicide. ;)

[quote name='Bavgate']Yep. It counts for yourself too. I threw grenades, took the self-inflicted damage and healed myself. Just don't get too close or you'll suicide. ;)[/quote]

lol wow, i never knew.
i guess i can just make my own game, and repeat that till i get the medal lol.

Too bad there's no multiplayer map from the ISA Cruiser level. I agree with the juvenile dialog, I would not care if anyone I "met" in the campaign didn't make a return.

Now that I'm spending more time in Warzone matches (been boosting ribbons while I had the game in PiP) the multiplayer feels like a less balanced Team Fortress 2. So awkward seeing Helghasts with ISA assault rifles, can't believe they screwed up the main Helghast assault rifle.

[quote name='Pan1c42']look at the spoiler below ONLY if you have beaten Killzone 2 single player... or don't care about Killzone 2s story.

Post your thoughts...
[/quote]

I can't say I ever noticed. Maybe I'll check if I get to that point in Elite.
Pretty sure he's dead though. I don't see how a bullet to the head equals survival. I mean, you could've shot him to see what happened.

Also, as a Multiplayer Update, I am 7 Ribbons away from having all the Ribbons/Medals.

[quote name='LiK']i noticed two CAGs from my clan in my game today. pretty cool. zenprime and makersled

btw, playing as Engineer probably ruined my k/d ratio. :([/quote]

Yeah I think we all just stumbled upon each other. I would like to forget that match though. I was doing terrible for some reason. :( :lol:

Got the air support medal with KingBroly's help last night. The tactician matched with the boost badge is pretty cool. You can sprint to objectives and lay down spawn points well before the enemy can even come close. It's a thankless job though since you don't get any points for team mates spawning from your spawnades. They should change that. Maybe a point every time 5 team mates spawn from your spawnades or something like that.

[quote name='Xeph820']I got a question about medic's 2nd ability, the healing pouch.
Do i just dump the healing pouches on the floor and when 5 ppl pick them up before the game ends. I get the ribbon?

I can never find any CAG members in any game lol, when I go view online members, no one is on.
I mean for casual 3 =P[/QUOTE]

casual 3?

I was on last night till my wife got pissed.

Then when she left the room on the phone for about 10 minutes I started another game...

Why is My killzone all blank? Does this site go down once in a while or something..

Good God that would be irritating if it indeed did get erased.

maybe its just my work PC.

[quote name='Snake2715']Why is My killzone all blank? Does this site go down once in a while or something..

Good God that would be irritating if it indeed did get erased.

maybe its just my work PC.[/quote]

the site has been going up and down all week. maybe it's because of the surge in traffic. i agree, it's annoying.

i had a strange game where my kill points wouldn't add up.
On the screen, it would say I killed the enemy but my kill point would stay at 0.
I wasted 10 minutes in the game until i found out lol.

Also, does our points only add to our account if we finish one game?
If we leave in the middle of a game, it wouldn't add up right and count the ribbons.
I'm also scared that my internet would disconnect when my bro and sis watches youtube lol.

/\ I am on a gimped and rigged system if i ever saw one.

I run a cell internet "broadband" connection by USB on my laptop.

Then I have a wifi Max "Router" plugged into another USB plug on my laptop.

My wife uses the laptop while I play and I have not but once been disconnected and it was during a match sync. I have logged 15 hours of play.

Hi guys, I'm new on here and was wondering whether you guys have a dedicated room or something for people on CAG! It would be more fun to play online if I can recognize people I play with and maybe make some KZ2 friends =D

i remember a time when you pick your class and not worry about "leveling up".....i do miss does days.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zulfate']i remember a time when you pick your class and not worry about "leveling up".....i do miss does days.[/QUOTE]

depends on how far back you want to go... for starters, blame cod4

Beat the campaign last night....ending was less than stellar. The Radec fight was a joke once I figured out what to do and it took me only a few minutes with the pistol. I liked the game but found myself not caring about the story towards the end. I don't know what it is about the game but something just doesn't sit right with me about it. I don't know if it is the PS3 controller gimping the FPS experience for me or the graphics (which were excellent) which, to me, feel a little washed out/unclear/fuzzyish or I dont know what. Games like COD4 or Gears or MGS have great graphics and I feel everything is well defined on the screen and doesnt run together......

Anywho...started playing the multiplayer last night and found the system to get into a game a little awkward but not too bad. I am a huge deathmatch fan and was perplexed by the 5 map cycle going on. Maybe that was just the playlist for that particular game I was in or I dont know what. The maps felt HUGE but were good sized for the game. Kind of felt like SOCOM to me in the way the maps were. I do not like the PS3 controller for online FPS matches. I wish I could transplant the 360's sticks into the DS3.

All in all a very good game and I am looking forward to more online matches.

P.S. I love the official Sony bluetooth headset...seemed like a lot of people werent talking

also..my PSN ID is Malik112099 ... add me people! I only have 3 friends!

[quote name='Snake2715']/\ I am on a gimped and rigged system if i ever saw one.

I run a cell internet "broadband" connection by USB on my laptop.

Then I have a wifi Max "Router" plugged into another USB plug on my laptop.

My wife uses the laptop while I play and I have not but once been disconnected and it was during a match sync. I have logged 15 hours of play.[/quote]

:rofl:

That is very cleverly done, good sir.

[quote name='help1']:rofl:

That is very cleverly done, good sir.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think it works out quite nicely.

I have been playing Killzone 2 so much now that she demaned we get another TV... and she wants another flat screen HD TV, this one goes into the bedroom... Apparntly if I playing in the living room she wants to be able to watch TV or movies in the bedroom.

[quote name='enufs8d']depends on how far back you want to go... for starters, blame cod4[/quote]

i kinda've blame BF2 but at least that game wasn't so hardcore on that aspect...COD4 is fun but one thing i don't like about that game by having that system is it kinda've makes you play like ima one man army thing. KZ2 resembles TF2 which i still wish it would borrow more from it.

I've had this game for a few weeks and still have only played online. That said, I suck (I'm generally not great at FPS but I seem to be especially bad at KZ2) and want to improve. Would you recommend focusing on smaller matches or larger ones? I see the pros and cons of both but was wondering if anyone was in a similar situation.

I started playing online again after a two week break and I suck now. Damn RE5. This is going to take a while to get the rust off.

i hate how when i put the server filter as people around the same rank as me.
I'm generally the lowest rank and there are tons of generals and snipers lol. =[

[quote name='mguiddy']If we're talking about FPS with classes that level up, the first thing that comes to mind is Enemy Territory.[/quote]

i forgot about that game lol....there were unlocks?

[quote name='zulfate']i forgot about that game lol....there were unlocks?[/quote]
You know... I don't know if there were unlockable weapons... but I know it had ability unlocks.

Man, scout is so much fun.

Now, the thing for me is trying to find new ways to help out the team since I used to just be a medic right in the thick of it all. Now, I've gotta try to do stuff like get in a good position to kill assassination targets, propaganda carriers, people setting S&D charges, etc. Plus, after I unlock all of the scout medals, I'll be able to pick up other guns and hop in when I need it or be able to throw health packs or something. Don't automatically assume that snipers aren't helping the team ;)

[quote name='mguiddy']You know... I don't know if there were unlockable weapons... but I know it had ability unlocks.[/quote]

depends if you're talking about wolf or quake wars. Quake Wars has a weapon unlock for the engineer/constructor class but it's pretty minimal. The nice thing about ET in general is that every unlock is not persistent. New "campaigns" started everyone on a level playing field unlike cod4, killzone2, bfbc, etc. Plus most clan matches never lasted more than 1 map, since it was stop watched so that wasn't an issue.

[quote name='hone']depends if you're talking about wolf or quake wars. Quake Wars has a weapon unlock for the engineer/constructor class but it's pretty minimal. The nice thing about ET in general is that every unlock is not persistent. New "campaigns" started everyone on a level playing field unlike cod4, killzone2, bfbc, etc. Plus most clan matches never lasted more than 1 map, since it was stop watched so that wasn't an issue.[/quote]
:lol:
Of course I was talking about the original, or I would've said Quake Wars.;)
I have Quake Wars, but never did get into it. I think it was the poor performance of my computer.

I never thought about it, but yeah, I guess the non persistent "stats" was good in that it made everyone start at the bottom, though it always pissed me off since I never played enough to get good enough to be able to rank up very fast (one night I played for nearly six hours and only ranked up each class about 2-3 levels okay, that's nearly half way to the top, but it took six hours:lol:.) I swear there were players who would rank up to general in a few matches :lol: and the server I played on reset stats after you were logged off for a few hours. I do seem to remember some servers advertising they were permanent rank.

[quote name='mguiddy']:lol:
Of course I was talking about the original, or I would've said Quake Wars.;)
I have Quake Wars, but never did get into it. I think it was the poor performance of my computer.

I never thought about it, but yeah, I guess the non persistent "stats" was good in that it made everyone start at the bottom, though it always pissed me off since I never played enough to get good enough to be able to rank up very fast (one night I played for nearly six hours and only ranked up each class about 2-3 levels okay, that's nearly half way to the top, but it took six hours:lol:.) I swear there were players who would rank up to general in a few matches :lol: and the server I played on reset stats after you were logged off for a few hours. I do seem to remember some servers advertising they were permanent rank.[/quote]

Hours!? The standard is 3 maps for 1 campaign unless the server changed it around or the permanent stat servers that were out there. iirc, there were only 4 ranks per "area". Light weapons, Combat Sense, Class speciality, and heavy weapons?

bread's done
Back