Killzone 3 General Discussion & Info - Out NOW

in all the assassination games ive been in, the best was when i was the target. i died helping out. but one of my teammates revived me.

medics were great in kz2. gg might have gotten crap from all the people that just rez all match long. in kz3, you literally have to be on top of the dying body. it really nerfs the revive.

on the subject of headsets, i recently purchased the tritton ax720 - great heaset with mixamp for positioning and voice. but my crappy internet nat 3 kills voice. go figure.

I just want to chime in and say that the Playstation Move is an absolute dream to play with this game. I can't imagine going back to using the dual shock.

[quote name='8bitArtist']im gonna sum up this beta in 1 word

"connecting..."[/QUOTE]

Same here, I have yet to play 1 game.

If you guys get stuck on the connecting screen for more than a minute or two... quit the game from XMB and try again. This usually works for me if I am having issues.

[quote name='Saint Noir']If you guys get stuck on the connecting screen for more than a minute or two... quit the game from XMB and try again. This usually works for me if I am having issues.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting error 10002, so I'll try rebooting and see if that helps.

Im loving this game! My favorite class is easily the medic and tactician.

Infiltrator was my first favorite.. but man that shotgun is so overpowered.

[quote name='QiG']
I have a Jabra from Warhawk which I use when I have to, but I prefer having my volume up to a level where I can hear footsteps behind me and etc since I bother with a surround setup at all, so I'm wondering how you headset guys balance volume vs using the headset? I'm self aware enough to know when it's too loud and I'm spamming the voice channel with sound effects but it's more valuable to me than communicating (most of the time).
[/QUOTE]

I hear yah. My setup uses the Official Sony BT headset in the cradle. My sound is connected my headphones and voice audio comes through it aswell. So my mic only picks up my voice.

Alternative method is to get those tritton, turtle beach headsets or USB headset.

I'd like to read you an excerpt from the last multiplayer match I played:
"Kill - Headshot Kill/Killstreak of 2 - Kill/Killstreak of 3 - Melee Kill/Killstreak of 4 - (generic name A left the server, Generic name B left the server, Generic name C left the server) - Headshot Kill/Killstreak of 5"

No but seriously that was pure luck, I'm really terrible at shooters on a console due to my being spoiled by keyboard and mouse. Picking up quick, though. Definitely liking the medic, just seems so much more versatile then the others. Also really like how they did infiltrator identification. Dunno if it's the same as the first two, didn't play either of them.

If any of you CAGs made a CAG clan yet let me know I have got all the items for the MEDIC CLASS, Im working on getting all the items for TACTICIAN next. I am gotten pretty good now after 3 days of playing KZ3

Beta data will not transfer over to the main game. You will have to level up all over again.

However depending on your pre-order you can get 24 hours of double XP.

Can't wait to have you healing me.

I'm like many of you with the connection problems. I've played one game since the first day and now I can't connect. From I did play, I enjoyed every minute of it. Feels more fluid and just better overall compared to KZ2.

I put probably 12-14 hours in this weekend.. Like mentioned besides sat afternoon when the servers were down I didnt really have connection problems... and I have probably one of the slowest connection speeds on CAG.

So I'm consistently finishing in the top 3 and 50% of the time I'm getting MVP...but there's no excitement/fun...I don't get it :( I'm really trying to like this game too, bastards.

you should try move controls. i was consistently getting almost the same top places like you syn. so i decided to try move. i tested the controls in botzone and it was awesome. then i found out that i really suck in warzone. i need more tweaking on the settings for the move. supposedly its far superior on the move. but you need to relearn how to "move" .

Finally got to see what happens if ISA wins operations.

My roommate and I were ISA and we pretty much did everything and won while everyone else on the team was doing whatever. When we won we could hear people saying "thats the first time i've ever seen that" :lol:

[quote name='Darknyss']Yep, Mana said he may be interested in leading the clan again.

I don't know what the clan size limit is going to be in KZ3. It was pretty small in KZ2. We initially had two clans in the beginning because one wanted to have a hardcore focus and the other was more casual. Eventually, due to dwindling numbers, we got down to one single clan.

I'm hoping they increase the size limit so we only need one. It's much easier to manage obviously.

There will probably be a separate clan thread for sign ups and a poll to figure out which night we'll play. Stay tuned![/QUOTE]

I played the real Beta.. the clan size was 8
Everything related to the character and weapon selection is the same in this open Beta so I'm guessing the clan size will stay the same. And you guys are getting top 3 because you haven't played against me hahahaha jk

If you are a true team player and not just out for kill points but instead want to win I would recommend:

Build up your tactician first. Soon as the match starts go activate the spawns. Set C4 on the actual beacon so when the the opposing team comes to take it over BOOM! He also has in his other abilities to spot and mark so this helps your team mates see who is where. Also has the arial bot and the second level of that is a beast.. shoots faster and kills quicker

My all around favorite is engineer.. fix the ammo boxes which again helps your team mates. Also later abilities allow you to hack enemy bots cool thing is they look like enemy bots but kill for you.

Sniper .. bleh not a team player in my opinion and is pink for a reason haha.. just someone who likes to sit and camp.. doesn't really get the full effect or point of the game. But to each their own.

Infiltrator is a lot of fun especially with its enhanced agility and masking ability. By the time you run up on someone they don't have time to figure out you broke their neck or pushed their eyes through their sockets. haha later abilities allow you to stay masked even after killing someone which is a great move from Killzone 2 where you you were unmasked after each kill

I love the game still love Killzone 2 as well. Probably my all time favs as far as games to play on PS3. Psyched about drop date so I can get to earning my real rank. Sucks I had my 3 stars in Beta.. now I'm up more than half way in rank now and this too will disappear haha.

I love the beta. I play medic though and its so hard to revive people because when people go down they just smash on the X button to respawn. It always seems to happen right as I get to them. I'm also always the only medic on the team unless I'm playing operations. I prefer Deathmatch though. Be more patient people.

Aslo, anyone worried about the longevity of online PS3 shooters after seeing what happened to Modern Warfare 2? I'm a little concerned about dropping 60 bucks on a game, despite its awesomeness, only to have a new hack come out and make it unplayable.

[quote name='genfuyung']I love the beta. I play medic though and its so hard to revive people because when people go down they just smash on the X button to respawn. It always seems to happen right as I get to them. I'm also always the only medic on the team unless I'm playing operations. I prefer Deathmatch though. Be more patient people.

Aslo, anyone worried about the longevity of online PS3 shooters after seeing what happened to Modern Warfare 2? I'm a little concerned about dropping 60 bucks on a game, despite its awesomeness, only to have a new hack come out and make it unplayable.[/QUOTE]
I don't think there will be an issue of this being hacked. Killzone 2 to my knowledge wasn't able to be hacked.. only thing you had to worry about was people using lag switches. This game is not a flash in the pan.. Killzone 2 rooms are still full and its been out for a few years now..
Once you play this game multiplayer you're hooked haha it's like the heroin of video games

I was planning to wait for a price drop before I bought this, but I think the beta has converted me into preordering it

im probably getting this on launch. im tired of the other console shooters i have. if you guys start a clan send me an invite, if i have peopel to play with ill play a lot. i dotn know what it is but the controls in this beta feel better to me than kz2, which was my problem with that game, just couldnt get it to feel comfortable to me.

I would also like to join a clan here. My skill level is low tbh and my aiming is poor even with the sights up, but I'm a team player and don't mind doing the dirty work to help my team win.

If my team wins then I'll be getting x2.25 the experience since I'm preordering from BB. That means even if I only kill three people I sill have the opportunity to gain alot of XP thru supports.

Yeah I tried to get on last night around 10pm eastern and for 30 mins it was a no go... I just gave up.

I should be down tonight as well. I was about to say screw waiting lets get a temp clan up now.

any good move settings?

i have been using:
60(hopefully up to 80)
NONE
HOLD vs adaptative
HOLD

Ugh. D/l the patch and am having the most problems yet... tons of errors and can't log in. Sony and Guerilla have looked like idiots with this "beta." You want to show the world how awesome your big exclusive is and come out of the gate firing... but we can't even pull the trigger most of the time.

[quote name='Saint Noir']come out of the gate firing... but we can't even pull the trigger most of the time.[/QUOTE]

I see what you did there. Seriously though, maybe I'm just lucky, but I haven't had nearly the kind of problems that I've seen here.

As for the question of move settings above, I'm pretty sure that is where my settings are at. I'll check to make sure when I get home tonight.

I have yet to play an online game during this beta. I'm surprised that they're having so many problems when KZ2 online was always great.

yeah cant get in here either and its not just me its me and two other guys 30 mins away from 12 est to when I just got home from work...

Crazy.

The reviews are saying the story isn't so good. :(

That's to bad, because it's the only part of the game I'd be able to play. :/

[quote name='whoknows']Tried again and still not working.

Anyone able to play right now?[/QUOTE]

since the patch its a no go .

It worked last night (eventually) after the patch, so I was hoping it would be working today.

Unfortunate. Someone on Gamefaqs said they uninstalled and redownloaded and it worked, so I'm going to try that. Doubt it'll work but nothing to lose i guess.

let us know...

Botzone does work, no points credited but you can play and they can be really tough.. at least learn the maps.. So those that are having issues and want to try try bot zone.

Otherwise i tried over the course of an hour while doing other things and got on... my buddy got on to and invited me to his squad... then the ass joined the game without me.. once I was in his squad it was too full to join his game and I got kicked back to the main screen... now once again 20002....

I am pissed I should have not joined his damn squad.

I was doing bot zone earlier... beat the operations finally. The bots were harder than I anticipated and have some decent strategies. Biggest issue with them is when they get pushed back and there is only one point, they often stay in a little group. Good grenade bait.

Im trying to uninstall and reinstall will post results right now, CAGs SaintNoir and Snake2715 I sent u 2 request

bread's done
Back