Killzone 3 Helghast Edition $24.50 & Other Unadvertised Specials at Best Buy

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]23070[/IMG-R]Best Buy dropped prices on many titles today (and throughout the weekend). You can combine with today's spend $100 and select in-store pickup, get a $10 gift card promotion for added value.

Highlights:
:ps3: Killzone 3: Helghast Edition $24.50
:360::ps3: Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon $14.50
:360::ps3: Alice: Madness Returns $19.50
:360: Gears of War 3 $29.99[/preview]

More:
:ps3: TRON: Evolution $14.50
:360: TRON: Evolution $14.50
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $19.50
:360: Red Dead Redemption $19.50
:ps3: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $14.50
:360: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $14.50
:ps3: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 $14.50
:360: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 $14.50
:ps3: Dance Dance Revolution $29.99
:360: Dance Dance Revolution $29.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $24.50
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $24.99
:ps3: Def Jam Rapstar Bundle $29.99
:360: Def Jam Rapstar Bundle $29.99

:ps3: The Tomb Raider Trilogy $9.50 [OOS]
:ps3: The Sims 3 $14.50
:ps3: EA Sports Active 2.0 Bundle $19.99
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Greatest Hits $9.50
:ps3: Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 $9.50
:ps3: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $19.50
:ps3: Kung Fu Rider $7.50
:ps3: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $29.99
:ps3: Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition $19.50
:ps3: Top Spin 4 $19.50
:ps3: The Shoot $9.50
:ps3: EyePet $14.50

:360: EA SPORTS MMA $9.50
:360: Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days $9.50
:360: Marvel Superhero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet $9.50
:360: Shift 2 Unleashed $9.50
:360: UFC Undisputed 2010 $7.50
:360: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $19.50
:360: The Sims 3 $19.99
:360: Def Jam Rapstar $19.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII $19.99
:360: Top Spin 4 $19.50
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $29.99
:360: PES 2012: Pro Evolution Soccer $49.99

:3ds: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II $14.50
:3ds: Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion $14.50
:3ds: Samurai Warriors Chronicles $14.50
:3ds: Super Monkey Ball 3D $9.50
:3ds: Dream Trigger 3D $9.50
:3ds: Bust-A-Move Universe $9.50
:3ds: Cubic Ninja $14.50
:3ds: Ridge Racer 3D $14.50

:ds: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future $19.50
:ds: Marvel Super Hero Squad $14.50
:ds: Style Savvy $7.50
:ds: HOP $9.50
:ds: Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation $14.50
:ds: Okamiden $14.50
:ds: Thor: God of Thunder $9.50
:ds: Jeopardy $7.50
:ds: Animal Planet: Vet Collection $5.50

:psp: Dissidia: Final Fantasy $9.50
:psp: LocoRoco 2 $5.50

:pc: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Digital Premium $19.95

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to p/u the last Helghast edition at my local store (Orange,CA) Can't complain getting the game $15 cheaper with tons of extras. Did notice though the DLC that is included expired in September. Still going to give it a go and if it doesn't work I'll write an email hoping they will redeem it but either way. Thanks for the post OP I was about to get this months ago for $60 and I am really glad I held off and found this post.

**** For those wondering I just entered the DLC code on PSN and it brought up all items (music, theme, map bonus xp etc) and downloaded them no problem at all. Even though card claims to expire in September 2011 it still works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn BB, please continue with these $25 collectors editions! Picked up AC: Brotherhood a couple weeks back, not sure I'll get Killzone, I've had enough of shooters lately.

[quote name='KryllFood']Definitely hold off if that is how you feel. Unless you really want to know what happens after Killzone 2 story-wise, you're better off saving your money.

A lot of people see a deal that's 50-75% off and buy it regardless of actually wanting it simply because they think it's great value. KZ3's campaign is super short and even when the multiplayer was active, it wasn't that good. Almost everyone was running around as the camou class getting cheap kills.

Use those $25 on something else or just wait and pick it up used when vanilla is on sale for

As previously mentioned, the DLC code STILL works...even though it mentions being expired. Just used mine tonight.

Though, the Socom 4 beta code won't work. :lol:

CAG and Best Buy is raiding my wallet. Ended up going back to Best Buy today after I've already purchased KZ3 HE yesterday. Found Tomb Raider Trilology. They also had EDF, picked it up for couple minutes, stared at it for a while, then decided to put it back as I've now have delusion that regular games should cost less than $10 unless it's a Collector's Edition which should be priced less than $25.

I got ready to pick up email last night..
So... I Picked KZ3 HE x 3 after work...
I build up box of building to carry to my car..
Everybody watching over me,thought

[quote name='onyzukae']I got ready to pick up email last night..
So... I Picked KZ3 HE x 3 after work...
I build up box of building to carry to my car..
Everybody watching over me,thought[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:|

I thought for sure Tomb Raider Hd collection was ne'er gonna go online.

Anyways any chance to see Black Ops for $15 on BB.com? On SD it was said at onepoint the game was that price.

I ordered Battlefield 3, Madden 12 and Spider Man Shattered Dimensions on Thanksgiving and they are all still sitting as "In Process".

No clue what's taking them so long.. :(

[quote name='DragonSlayerX']I ordered Battlefield 3, Madden 12 and Spider Man Shattered Dimensions on Thanksgiving and they are all still sitting as "In Process".

No clue what's taking them so long.. :([/QUOTE]

All my orders since 11/25/11 are in process as well.

PRobably nothing to be alarmed about I'm guessing.

[quote name='MikeE021286']All my orders since 11/25/11 are in process as well.

PRobably nothing to be alarmed about I'm guessing.[/QUOTE]

^this^

Here's the info I have-

The nice CSR I talked to said my shipments will be available within a few weeks and will honor the price in my email AND comp-printed receipt. He went on to say how "crazy" things are during this holiday and how processing is exceptionally long. Only thing I got from it besides "stop worrying" was hold on to all receipts and stop calling to verify as it clogs up crap and suchity-such. No idea if legit, but he seemed cool.

It may be CSR BS but, having been one, I don't doubt the sincerity. Like a dude stated a few pages back- PRIME spoiled us. Hope this helps some of ya'll.

Holy crud - look at all that Wii love... Hope they drop some more 360 and PS3 in the coming few days... Best Buy, at this point, gets my VG retailer of the year award... Their performance during the year was pretty good, with the @Gamer stacking, etc., but their holiday performance has been pretty spectacular!

funny, i checked my store and said the game was unavailable ( K3:HE ) but i decided to stop just for the heck of it since it was literary on my way down from work and to my surprise there was one left! and the box was super mint and everything inside properly packed, i finally got lucky!

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']funny, i checked my store and said the game was unavailable ( K3:HE ) but i decided to stop just for the heck of it since it was literary on my way down from work and to my surprise there was one left! and the box was super mint and everything inside properly packed, i finally got lucky![/QUOTE]

If I recall, the item qty in stock must be 3 or more for it to say "Available Now" if not it will say "Ship to Store"

[quote name='DragonSlayerX']I ordered Battlefield 3, Madden 12 and Spider Man Shattered Dimensions on Thanksgiving and they are all still sitting as "In Process".

No clue what's taking them so long.. :([/QUOTE]

Most of my stuff is still in process, but 2 items already went out. BF3 LE I received yesterday (ordered like at 2am on the 24th) and AC Revelations should be arriving within a few days (ordered on the 24th around noon). Both were shipped with Streamlite, but that basically means it'll arrive with the rest of your regular daily USPS mail.

just now got shipping notifications for my gears triple pack and ufc trainer order from 11/24. already received bulletstorm, fallout: nv and everybody dance. bioshock 2 se should be here today and vanquish is due here in 3 days. probably gonna be a while before helghast ships..best buy ftw.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']funny, i checked my store and said the game was unavailable ( K3:HE ) but i decided to stop just for the heck of it since it was literary on my way down from work and to my surprise there was one left! and the box was super mint and everything inside properly packed, i finally got lucky![/QUOTE]
Yeah the box i got appeared sealed,but it sounded like stuff was floating around on the package,luckily everything was intact when i got it home.I thought it was missing the super voucher til i realized it was inside the game case.I almost bought the last one they had for a friend,but decided to leave it for someone else and not be greedy.I'm glad i got this,kinda makes up for paying full price for KZ:2 back in the day ;). And good score for you !

Crap, I forgot I had a RZ Gamers Unlocked Buy 2 Get 1 Free off new games $39.99 or less ... I may try to rebuy a few of the $19.xx games I purchased this week to save some $$$.

Already had KZ 3 but couldn't pass up on the CE. Guess I'll just sell the sealed copy to make at least what I paid back. My local BB still has 2. I'm so tempted to buy them for collection sake but don'e even know if it's worth it. Do you guys think this collection will appreciate if left sealed?

[quote name='bigdrew3000']Already had KZ 3 but couldn't pass up on the CE. Guess I'll just sell the sealed copy to make at least what I paid back. My local BB still has 2. I'm so tempted to buy them for collection sake but don'e even know if it's worth it. Do you guys think this collection will appreciate if left sealed?[/QUOTE]
I kinda doubt it,but down the road i'd imagine it'd still be worth more than $24.50

Picked it up last night. Since I already had a previous copy of KZ3 I listed that one on glyde.com and sold it for $28. CE for free! Yippee!!

[quote name='trabbahabba']Picked it up last night. Since I already had a previous copy of KZ3 I listed that one on glyde.com and sold it for $28. CE for free! Yippee!![/QUOTE]

Sure you did. Whatever!! :roll:

[quote name='PurpleJesus74']I kinda doubt it,but down the road i'd imagine it'd still be worth more than $24.50[/QUOTE]

^
This.

If you're asking "Will it be worth a gazillion dollars in a few years?" Then no.

If you're asking "If I buy it at $24.50, will I be able to sell it for $30 in a few months when I decide I don't need/want it?" Then yes.

[quote name='Pliskin101']Sure you did. Whatever!! :roll:[/QUOTE]

Really? You want to challenge me on this??

Screen_shot_2011_11_30_at_12_52.jpg

I got my B AC from BBY in today and the game was loose in the case. It was still sealed, but I'm not even going to try opening it. I bought it for a friend anyway and dont like opening it to check then giving him an unsealed copy. Just going to exchange it in store.

Lucky it wasn't worse damage as they pieced out my order and sent them each in a very flimsy bubble mailer.

[quote name='trabbahabba']Really? You want to challenge me on this??
[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't challenge you, just call you scum.

Anyone who gets in on a deal then sells it for profit should be perm banned. Gift it to a friend or sell it to a member who wants it at cost. This is a community, not a site for you to make money on.

[quote name='Romeo']I wouldn't challenge you, just call you scum.

Anyone who gets in on a deal then sells it for profit should be perm banned. Gift it to a friend or sell it to a member who wants it at cost. This is a community, not a site for you to make money on.[/QUOTE]

Then the trading/selling forum does what exactly?

[quote name='trabbahabba']Picked it up last night. Since I already had a previous copy of KZ3 I listed that one on glyde.com and sold it for $28. CE for free! Yippee!![/QUOTE]

Just did the same thing last night. Bought the CE, immediately threw the sealed KZ3 on ebay, sold it within 2 hours for $28 Buy It Now. I just wanted to cover the price of the CE. Heck, I think that is a pretty good deal for someone $28 shipped for KZ3 Sealed when it is like $39 in stores. Now i have the Helmet and Action Figure up on a shelf in my classroom.

My 6th Grade students are both mesmerized and frightened by it at the same time.

HOWEVER, I didn't see any vouchers for the DLC. My CE Box was sealed, in pristine condition. But when I opened it, there was no DLC Voucher. Is it inside the sealed game?

Anyone who gets in on a deal then sells it for profit should be perm banned. Gift it to a friend or sell it to a member who wants it at cost. This is a community, not a site for you to make money on.[/QUOTE]

WOWWW

What a douchebag. This isn't slickdeals, the guy got in on a deal and sold his for a whole 1.50 profit after taxes. So in other words as a "community" we should all go out on these deals and sell them to other members at cost just because we love each other so much?

[quote name='3rdamention']Just did the same thing last night. Bought the CE, immediately threw the sealed KZ3 on ebay, sold it within 2 hours for $28 Buy It Now. Now i have the Helmet and Action Figure up on a shelf in my classroom.

My 6th Grade students are both mesmerized and frightened by it at the same time.

HOWEVER, I didn't see any vouchers for the DLC. My CE Box was sealed, in pristine condition. But when I opened it, there was no DLC Voucher. Is it inside the sealed game?[/QUOTE]

From what I heard it should be in the game if I remember right.

Scum?? I had a copy of Killzone 3 already. I then bought the Helghast Edition for $24.50 plus tax. I then sold my old copy of KZ3 for $28. I didn't make money on anything. I still had to buy the original copy of KZ3. Read the fucking post.

I appreciate you looking out for the community and all, but you need to just relax. He didn't even make a profit hardly at all. If you look at the fuel to go get the CE, and the cost of tax. The buyer got a great deal on a nearly $40 game in store, and he paid for his Helmet and Action Figure.

I did the exact same thing. Neither of us made a profit.

I love this site, both for the awesome deals I can find, the honest and cool people I have met on here, and the holier than thou members who get upset over the most trivial things.

bread's done
Back