Kinectimals LIMITED Edition $10 off online with TRU-Plus code for another $10 off

MastrMeatWad

CAGiversary!
Not sure if anyone cares about the limited edition Kinectimals?!, BUT if you do, the 59.99 limited edition has 10 off at TRU online only, so 49.99 total-Comes w/ KING Cheetah stuffy and code to unlock king in the game. Hey, its essentially the same price of the standard edition. EDIT: you also can get an additional 10 dollars off if you add another item in your cart that is at least 2 cents-making it a 20 dollar in savings. see below for code.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10801106&006=6919424566&002=2194806&005=19729571411&004=1881840886&camp=PPC%3A656432311&007=Search

edit:
I wanted to add "evilhomer"'s comment on extra deal w/ this. his quote-

"If you can find a cheap filler there is a $10 off $50 code also which will off set the shipping.

Code is 939831 "

So it looks like you can add something very small, at least 2 cents and save a total of $20-i confirmed it works. You just need to add an item that is at LEAST 2 cents to this item and you will get another 10 off. Hint: If your struggling finding something-go to clearance-tons of things around 2 dollars-

EDIT: It appears the code expired as of 10/31/2010-- HOWEVER- 100 dollars spent gives you free shipping--If ;anyone finds another code that works please pm me or add it to the post... Usually TRU has new codes each month, so should see some next day or so, hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='oasisboy']Hate it because of this?

"This week, global market research firm Ipsos proclaimed Kinect the "big game winner" in the US during the holiday season, after a poll measuring market potential for Microsoft's system and Sony's own new motion controller, Move."[/QUOTE]

So I don't really think you understand what I'm saying. I don't really give a flying fuck how many units of Kinect will sell. Frankly, the more it sells, the more I'll facepalm at the fact that people are eating it up--that's the thing.

Based on the Wii's almost complete stagnation after its motion control innovation years ago that would supposedly change the way we play games for the better, I don't really see any good coming out of Kinect's dominating the market;. I only see title after title of shitty Wii Sports-esque shovelware that the average consumer will eat up. And I worry about the effect that'll have on sophisticated games.

But I'm a cynic, so I hope I'm wrong. I just feel the need to clarify to you that I'm not a hater because I think it'll fail; I'm a "hater" because I think it'll succeed.

[quote name='Fearia']

1. Ipsos is a marketing research company. They measure perception and hype, not the product itself. Something you might of forgotten to mention when putting those quotes out there.

2. And I don't think they did a good job on their research, even there. Kinect may excel in uniqueness, but believability? Who doesn't believe that the technology works on PS Move? It certainly has been working for some time now for the Wii, but under a more limited constraint.

3. If you're going to tout Kinect as a success based off market research, make it research that actually pertains to the product. Random sampling by Ipsos don't state much. I work for a company that uses Ipsos scores, and half those surveyed don't even seem to understand what is being asked.[/QUOTE]

1. Why do you need for them to measure the product itself? They are a marketing research company, not an Electronics product research company. I don't need to state that in my comments as you are more than capable in clicking on the link that I provided.

2. Ahhh, the "I know better" argument because of personal experience... even though this company does marketing research as their main business. I am sure you know better than Accenture, Deloitte and other consulting firms too.

3. Why? who cares about the features of the product. Apple can sell you a piece of crap for $500 and call it the "Icrap" and it will still sell millions. It is all about making money my friend. So just because your company uses Ipsos and half of the people do not understand the survey, therefore the rest of their surveys are not accurate? Of course :applause:

[quote name='Maromi']So I don't really think you understand what I'm saying. I don't really give a flying fuck how many units of Kinect will sell. Frankly, the more it sells, the more I'll facepalm at the fact that people are eating it up--that's the thing.

Based on the Wii's almost complete stagnation after its motion control innovation years ago that would supposedly change the way we play games for the better, I don't really see any good coming out of Kinect's dominating the market;. I only see title after title of shitty Wii Sports-esque shovelware that the average consumer will eat up. And I worry about the effect that'll have on sophisticated games.

But I'm a cynic, so I hope I'm wrong. I just feel the need to clarify to you that I'm not a hater because I think it'll fail; I'm a "hater" because I think it'll succeed.[/QUOTE]

The classic "I hate this product therefore I hope it fails", hey, I hear you. I hate Glee with a passion but I know that millions watch that show every week so all I do is ignore it and let everyone else enjoy it. You cannot do the same with Kinect?

You just keep completely missing the point, so I guess I'll try, once again, to overly elucidate what I'm saying so you'll stop making flippant posts that fail to engage the topic.

Glee is not going to have a mass effect (hur hur) on the television industry; it's just another show, and it's not at all analogous to Kinect. The Wii, however, had a huge effect on the gaming industry--and, in my opinion, from what we're seeing from Microsoft and Sony now, not in a good way. Kinect is just another example that the major players (Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo) are shifting their focus and are pandering to people who do not normally play games. That's not a bad thing--not at all. In fact, I'm glad more people are playing games. But the products with which they're presenting casual gamers are continually, well, garbage. Take any number of motion-control based on games on the Wii, for instance. Motion controls have become the most uninnovative innovation in the gaming industry, with waggling becoming the foundation of most Wii games. And if consumers continue to purchase these games based on a simple motion control gimmick--while presenting themselves as immersive--that sends a message to Microsoft and co. that what they're doing is acceptable and, more importantly, really profitable. And we'll just continue to see technology that is not utilized in novel ways whatsoever, because they know they can shovel shit out only to see it eaten right up.

I would like to see the Move and Kinect introduce casual gamers to interesting and novel concepts; I don't want to see them fail based on their technology. From what I've seen so far, though, it looks like the big three are taking this interesting technology and using it for the most derivative games possible. Sure, Child of Eden looks really cool, but for every Child of Eden, there are five Kinectimals. This is the kind of thing I want to fail.

So I worry about the effects this will have on budgets for "core" games, if you want to call them that. Already, you almost can't find a shooter that doesn't include regenerating health. That's a facet of casual gaming that has seeped into core games, and while that's not necessarily a negative, I use it to illustrate my fear, as a PC and console gamer of 20+ years, that this over-focus on casual, gimmick-based games will result in a general decline of games as a whole in the years to come.

And I'll leave it at that so the thread can get back to being about a deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, uh, yeah.....about that game Kinectimals (weak attempt to get this thread back on track).

Seriously, debate the merits of the peripheral elsewhere, please. I just don't understand people who go into threads about things they don't like and create arguments.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']So, uh, yeah.....about that game Kinectimals (weak attempt to get this thread back on track).

Seriously, debate the merits of the peripheral elsewhere, please. I just don't understand people who go into threads about things they don't like and create arguments.[/QUOTE]

:drool:lol. nice. but, who cares-why did you bother to post.. AnD DONT pose that same question to me. then again, who cares if the above posters- post and have a discussion.... do you not look into the other posts-i mean kmarts thread is chalk full of nonsense. So, who cares. why you gotta hate on kinectimals anyway.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']So, uh, yeah.....about that game Kinectimals (weak attempt to get this thread back on track).

Seriously, debate the merits of the peripheral elsewhere, please. I just don't understand people who go into threads about things they don't like and create arguments.[/QUOTE]

i do agree with not understanding peole that go into threads just to put stuff down..... :cold:

here's my weak attempt coming in 3......2......1..... Yeah, have you seen that game kinectimals?! I heard BK is gonna be handing out codes to add stuff to the game when you buy a whopper!

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']
edit:
I wanted to add "evilhomer"'s comment on extra deal w/ this. his quote-

"If you can find a cheap filler there is a $10 off $50 code also which will off set the shipping.

Code is 939831 "

So it looks like you can add something very small, at least 2 cents and save a total of $20-i confirmed it works. You just need to add an item that is at LEAST 2 cents to this item and you will get another 10 off. Hint: If your struggling finding something-go to clearance-tons of things around 2 dollars-[/QUOTE]

The code didn't work for me. I says that the code has expired.

So what is this "Kinectimals" you speak of? Some sort of devious plot hatched in the bowels of Micro$oft's lair to trick helpless consumers?

From what I gather from this thread, it may be poised to rip the space-time continuum apart and destroy the very fabric of gaming as we know it. Thank God I've been warned.....or I might have been tricked into wasting my money on "fun."

If Kinectimals is a threat to your way of life, your way of life sucks. It's not like Kinectimals wasn't listed in the title. Weirdos.

Going completely off-topic: $10 off Kinectimals at Toys R Us. Another $10 coupon listed in thread.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Seriously, debate the merits of the peripheral elsewhere, please. I just don't understand people who go into threads about things they don't like and create arguments.[/QUOTE]

That wasn't really the case. I came into this thread being glib and was just joking around, like most people on the first page, not to bash the peripheral, and I only argued when I was being argued with and misconstrued. Just sayin'. Nonetheless, sorry to have contributed to the derailment. Carry on. :]

[quote name='Maromi']
Glee is not going to have a mass effect (hur hur) on the television industry; it's just another show[/QUOTE]

Glee has already created a mass effect on the television industry. If you don't see that you are naive. I will not go in detail on how Glee has changed the TV industry because we will keep going sideways.

Kinectimals should be a good game for the family and this deal at Toys R'Us makes it better. End of story.

[quote name='Maromi']That wasn't really the case. I came into this thread being glib and was just joking around, like most people on the first page, not to bash the peripheral, and I only argued when I was being argued with and misconstrued. Just sayin'. Nonetheless, sorry to have contributed to the derailment. Carry on. :][/QUOTE]

It's good of you to walk away and not simply continue to argue for the sake of arguing like certain other people.

OT, thanks for the info, OP. My nephews would probably get a kick out of this.

[quote name='oasisboy']1. Why do you need for them to measure the product itself? They are a marketing research company, not an Electronics product research company. I don't need to state that in my comments as you are more than capable in clicking on the link that I provided.

2. Ahhh, the "I know better" argument because of personal experience... even though this company does marketing research as their main business. I am sure you know better than Accenture, Deloitte and other consulting firms too.

3. Why? who cares about the features of the product. Apple can sell you a piece of crap for $500 and call it the "Icrap" and it will still sell millions. It is all about making money my friend. So just because your company uses Ipsos and half of the people do not understand the survey, therefore the rest of their surveys are not accurate? Of course :applause:[/QUOTE]

1. When you post a link claiming "Take this, Kinect haters!", but post something on hype, it doesn't really prove much other than "Oooo, it's expected to be a big seller!". Then touting it as a research company (as if it's not just a marketing research company), and posting a quote that talks about how Kinect will excel on uniqueness and believability vastly over PS Move is silly. How can anyone claim that PS Move is not believable? Unique, of course. But not believable?

2. I'm pointing out my experience with Ipsos scores. They can be great, or they can be utter shit depending on what you're researching. Since I work in marketing, I can say, that yes, sometimes they suck. Numbers are numbers. With that being said, the quote that was put in the article was a bit off imo.

Ipsos' call is based on its assessment of market success, which is measured by purchase intent, price/value, uniqueness, and believability. According to its findings, Kinect boasts a market success score of 130 out of 200, while the PlayStation Move earned a 110.
would've been a better quote for you.

3. Your last statement didn't make much sense to me. The people bashing Kinect are doing so for various reasons. I'm not really bashing Kinect, just the quotes in the article. Personally, from a merits standpoint, I don't care how much people pay for something or why. If it's crap, I'm not buying it. Which is why I don't own a Tickle Me Elmo. It's not my thing. I don't need an Ipsos score to tell me what I should buy.

All in all, you seem die hard on Kinect. That's fine. I'm not die hard against or for anything. I just don't get both sides bashing each other, or pulling out quotes / articles that don't really prove anything. It's all opinion. I loved the game Prototype. Many hated it. Do I care? Not really. But I don't want to see an article about it going either way. :p

[quote name='oasisboy']Glee has already created a mass effect on the television industry. If you don't see that you are naive. I will not go in detail on how Glee has changed the TV industry because we will keep going sideways.

Kinectimals should be a good game for the family and this deal at Toys R'Us makes it better. End of story.[/QUOTE]

You post too much...And you really shouldn't tripple post. Just edit your posts, please.

Anyway, I remain open-minded on Kinectimals. I think my GF would love it, but I'm waiting on reviews to learn more about the game.

[quote name='oasisboy']1. Why do you need for them to measure the product itself? They are a marketing research company, not an Electronics product research company. I don't need to state that in my comments as you are more than capable in clicking on the link that I provided.

3. Why? who cares about the features of the product. Apple can sell you a piece of crap for $500 and call it the "Icrap" and it will still sell millions. It is all about making money my friend. So just because your company uses Ipsos and half of the people do not understand the survey, therefore the rest of their surveys are not accurate? Of course :applause:[/QUOTE]

The general answer: Because. Not really, so here's the real answer:

Because I want more than hype from a product. Just because the "average consumer" rates something as promising, doesn't mean I'm going to like the product. I want to know the widgets, not the Ipsos scores. Ipsos scores are useless to me unless I'm selling it. And since I'm not selling it, I don't want to hear about it. :p

Seriously though, I'm against using Ipsos scores as a rating of how good a product is. Ipsos is good for one thing: Research on what people perceive, not what they're actually getting. Which is why I'm anti-them for cases like this.

Either way, I want Kinect. I also want a 360. But alas, can't afford it. Maybe come black Friday, I'll hop on a package deal. But the articles stating "It's gonna be great, just look at the marketing money being thrown at it!" really make me think ". . . I really hope you're throwing even more at the games than you are the ads."

Just my 2 cents.

Edit: And the reason I pointed it out is that the quote you posted seemed misleading on what they research. At least how I read it. Wasn't a "diss" or whatever, just wanted it to be known what they actually do. Most people I talk to don't know what an Ipsos score is because they don't work in that field.

[quote name='Camwi']It's good of you to walk away and not simply continue to argue for the sake of arguing like certain other people.

OT, thanks for the info, OP. My nephews would probably get a kick out of this.[/QUOTE]

no problem.. I thought this was the best I could find for the limited edition-everyone has it for 60, and only at a few places,...weird how amazon doesn't have/carry it..

I have 2 dogs, a cat, and an albino squirrel. I sure as hell don't need a Kinectimal...

5133221047_58125e34d8_o.png

[quote name='solidusdeus']I have 2 dogs, a cat, and an albino squirrel. I sure as hell don't need a Kinectimal...[/QUOTE]
What the fuck. . .

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I wonder if the plush tags can be scanned and printed like Viva Pinata.[/QUOTE]

the kinectimals plush can from what i understand and BK will have extras, codes w/ the food..

also seems to have good reviews so far 8 ign, and 8.5 on gamesrader

bread's done
Back