King of Fighter XI and Neo Geo Battle Colliseum-$15 or less

sprintsucks5892

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Did a search and didn't see this posted.
Amazon has King of Fighter XI and Neo Geo Battle Colliseum for $15 each, which is a little cheaper than EBgames. And they're both eligible for free shipping with orders over $25.
http://www.amazon.com/SNK-King-of-Fighters-XI/dp/B000V7889C/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-6383262-3671966?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1189876050&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.com/SNK-NeoGeo-Battle-Coliseum/dp/B000V788A6/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_text_b/104-6383262-3671966?ie=UTF8&qid=1189876050&sr=1-1

If you're only buying one (Or you don't want to have to wait for both to come out), Family Video might be the better route. Price of both is still $15, but shipping is only $.99.
http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=278296
http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=278298
Coupons codes for FV:
$5 off (new customers only): NEWMEM5F
$3 off (existing customers): NEWMEM3F

[quote name='Chacrana']You could also not buy Art of Fighting and enjoy your $15 more by burning it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Chacrana, we get it. You don't like Art of Fighting.

Sounds like a lot of you already have the Japanese versions of these SNK titles for the Japan PS2.

Are those releases region free? Can I import them and play them on my US PS2?

[quote name='kodec']Sounds like a lot of you already have the Japanese versions of these SNK titles for the Japan PS2.

Are those releases region free? Can I import them and play them on my US PS2?[/QUOTE]

Nope, no PS2 games from Japan are region free, so you can't just play them on your US system unless... you follow my import guide in my sig! Shameless plug!

And for those wondering, yes, I do derive a bizarre sort of satisfaction from telling people not to buy AOF. It's that bad. And it's probably the reason why a lot of people won't buy these games.

[quote name='Halo05']AOF3 isn't that bad. I had fun with it for like... 30 minutes. Someday I'll play it again. Maybe.[/QUOTE]

AOF 3 has the quote "Oh, go home poopie-pants," so it's worth $5. That much I'll admit.

[quote name='depascal22']I'm in for both. Now I just gotta decide what to do with the $50 credit the import version will get me at estarland.[/QUOTE]
Are they reliable? Because I might do the same.

[quote name='DomLando']Are they reliable? Because I might do the same.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I don't know how long they've been on the internet but I used to live near one of their B&M locations and used to shop there very extensively back in the mid-late 90's.

I added Fire Pro Wrestling on my order and the expected ship date is December. I think I'll need to pair that will a later preorder title so my first two titles are delivered at the end of Oct.

[quote name='DomLando']Are they reliable? Because I might do the same.[/quote]

I've shopped at the B&M store and online and have never had a problem.

[quote name='Chacrana']Nope, no PS2 games from Japan are region free, so you can't just play them on your US system unless... you follow my import guide in my sig! Shameless plug!

And for those wondering, yes, I do derive a bizarre sort of satisfaction from telling people not to buy AOF. It's that bad. And it's probably the reason why a lot of people won't buy these games.[/QUOTE]

Awww come on... It's still better than the Halo series. No, I am not being sarcastic.

Hell to the frakkin yeah!!! I've been playing XI at a buddy's house and I played NGBC at an anime con last year, so I'm totally stoked about this. ^_^

These games are available for preorder on family video now. If I recall correctly, their shipping's not the fastest, but you can use those $3 or $5 off coupons.

[quote name='chewster777']These games are available for preorder on family video now. If I recall correctly, their shipping's not the fastest, but you can use those $3 or $5 off coupons.[/quote]
What are the coupon codes? I'll add them to the original post.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']What are the coupon codes? I'll add them to the original post.[/quote] $5 off new customers: NEWPGMEM
$3 off existing custs: NEWMEM3F

Is shipping for Family video pretty quick? Also, if they get the game 1 week before the release date. Will they ship on the release date or would they ship it early and you would receive it in your mailbox on release day?

[quote name='Master Shake']$5 off new customers: NEWPGMEM
$3 off existing custs: NEWMEM3F[/quote]

NEWPGMEM doesn't seem to work anymore, but NEWMEM5F does.

hey guys, I was able to preorder both these games at my local Game Crazy. I doubt you'll be able to if the one near you is closing (duh) but they have it at the $14.99 price point that amazon has it at. Oh and make sure to tell the employee who rings you up that neogeo for this game is one word or else he wont find it in the system.

[quote name='harunim']GS got a new release date of 10/23/07!? Delayed again?[/quote]

Yeah and NeoGeo BC got pushed back to Nov. 13th!
Fire Pro Wrestling Returns has a release date of Nov. 13th on Gamespot but on Amazon the release date is Nov. 27th. Which one is the real release date?

It's probably still in flux. It's not like they're rolling out a first-day million seller. Look at Daisenryaku VII Exceed for the PS2, that's been delayed at least 3 times that I've noticed. Same story here I guess.

[quote name='MadFlava']Yeah and NeoGeo BC got pushed back to Nov. 13th!
Fire Pro Wrestling Returns has a release date of Nov. 13th on Gamespot but on Amazon the release date is Nov. 27th. Which one is the real release date?[/QUOTE]

At gamecrazy firepro had a release date of nov. 30th... who knows at this point.

Finally got around to pre-ordering both at Amazon a few days ago, hopefully this won't do the "release date dance" for too long since I've been looking forward to some good fighters lately. Oh well, Guilty Gear should hold me off until then.

I got KoF XI pre-ordered from FamVid, but I might hold off and see if Kmart (or somebody) gets NGBC for $9.99 since I'm too lazy to make a new e-mail for another FamVid order.

[quote name='willardhaven']2 questions:

Should I get this instead of Street Fighter Alpha Anthology?

Should I get this AND Street Fighter Alpha Anthology?[/QUOTE]

I'd get 'em all. I mostly like Gem Fighters though. You should own SF Anniversary for 3rd Strike too!! Pluls you can actually play Alpha Anthology now...

[quote name='freshzen']I got KoF XI pre-ordered from FamVid, but I might hold off and see if Kmart (or somebody) gets NGBC for $9.99 since I'm too lazy to make a new e-mail for another FamVid order.[/QUOTE]

Does doing so actually work?

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']Does doing so actually work?[/QUOTE]

Yeah from what I've heard, FamilyVideo (unlike buy.com & the google checkout) pretty much doesn't look into things, they just ship out the damn orders :)

AND!!!

Did KOFXI Did delayed? Amazon says that it will now ship on the 23rd, while it was previously like the 2nd or 3... what gives?

[quote name='linkpwns']Did KOFXI Did delayed? Amazon says that it will now ship on the 23rd, while it was previously like the 2nd or 3... what gives?[/QUOTE]

Yeah i got the e-mail too. I guess it was changed by the publisher. Oh well it still $15 for the game.

The hierarchy for me is:

KOF XI

SFA Anthology

NGBC

Though really, I can't imagine not buying all of them.

[quote name='linkpwns']Did KOFXI Did delayed? Amazon says that it will now ship on the 23rd, while it was previously like the 2nd or 3... what gives?[/quote]

i was guna post about this. they pushed back the release date for ngbc..

"NeoGeo Battle Coliseum" [Video Game]
Release date: 11/13/2007
Estimated arrival date: 11/21/2007 - 11/23/2007

So, for people who really only have time to devote to one 2D fighter at the moment, the consensus is KOF XI > NGBC?

[quote name='opportunity777']SNK consistently pushes back its releases. Nobody should be surprised if all of their releases slip back into Nov. or early Dec.[/quote]

SNKP does this, not snk. The real SNK is dead.

[quote name='Mr. Roper']SNKP does this, not snk. The real SNK is dead.[/QUOTE]

The man speaks truth. The new SNKP is like Falcoon powered (at least I think of it that way).

However, King of Fighters XI is an excellent fighting game from SNKP. I am definitely picking one up when I see it. Though, I would've loved to see this game on the PSP instead.

So, what are everyone's ship dates for KOFXI? my account says mine's shipping on 10/30 :\

You won't see it in stores until tomorrow at the earliest, and most likely not until next week. SNK games aren't top priority, so the slowest shipping is usually used.

Anyway, mine has the delivery date between tomorrow and November 1st.

I've hit 3 or 4 GS b&m's here and they keep saying there isn't even a release date on these yet. Was gonna get them for my roomie for x-mas, since I no longer have my ps2.

bread's done
Back