Kingdom Hearts 2 $30 at Compusa.com [DEAD]

[quote name='Arikado']Is this B&M as well?[/QUOTE]

Looks like it. I found it in the weekly ad that's online.

Of course, for all my local stores claim to be out of stock...

Not in stock at any store around me either. CompUSA must be attending the Circuit City 'how to advertise and have nothing in your add' courses.

[quote name='The_Continental']I just experienced that sinking feeling of anguish you get when you pay $40 bucks for a game, and then see it the next day for $30.

:([/quote]
KH2 is worth it, I don't regret spending full price for it.

is getting the guide for this game worth it? seems like it because it's HUGE.

my CompUSA does have them in stock...on my way :) thanks OP

[quote name='wildnuts02']is getting the guide for this game worth it? seems like it because it's HUGE.

my CompUSA does have them in stock...on my way :) thanks OP[/quote] The game is quite linear, you don't need a guide unless you want it as a collectors piece, or dor artwork. Anyway you may have trouble traacking dwon synthesis materials but there is a really good site for that.

http://www.sorasheart.com/

[quote name='wildnuts02']is getting the guide for this game worth it? seems like it because it's HUGE.

my CompUSA does have them in stock...on my way :) thanks OP[/QUOTE]

I don't have the guide so I can't recommend it one way or the other.
BUT the dragon quest VIII guide was huge and it was one of the most useless guide I have seen (I wouldn't even call it a guide, it is just a crappy picture book).

meh get the LE Guide if you're a collector, if you need help, the internet is more enough..oh btw if you haven't started playing yet, play on proud mode, as you just have to completely finish the storyline in every world to get the secret ending instead of completely filling the journal

[quote name='fff398']meh get the LE Guide if you're a collector, if you need help, the internet is more enough..oh btw if you haven't started playing yet, play on proud mode, as you just have to completely finish the storyline in every world to get the secret ending instead of completely filling the journal[/quote]

is proud mode pretty hard?

[quote name='wildnuts02']is proud mode pretty hard?[/QUOTE]

No, but its the hardest of an easy game, so to speak.

[quote name='Roufuss']No, but its the hardest of an easy game, so to speak.[/quote]

for the sake of comparison, how does the difficulty in proud mode compare with DQ8?

[quote name='wildnuts02']for the sake of comparison, how does the difficulty in proud mode compare with DQ8?[/QUOTE]

I happened to have finished both (DQ8 and KH2 on Proud). KH2 is still WAY easier. Different type of game, and you need some reflexes in KH2, whereas you can take your sweet time making a decision in DQ8, but KH2 is still pretty easy. I'd liken Proud in part 2 to Normal in part 1.

In fact, I NEVER play my games on the hard settings, especially not on my first play through, and I still never got too frustrated with this one. I would actually even recommend everyone play this game on Proud mode. The bad guys don't keel over so easily when you're messing with your Drive forms and you'll actually see most of the bosses' maneuvers before they die.

Oh yeah, did I mention it's much easier to get the secret ending playing it on Proud? Locking all the worlds is pretty easy. You kind of want to do it for the sake of story anyway. Completing Jiminy's Journal to get the secret ending on normal? It's a pain in the arse unless you want to get high scores on mini-games and stuff. Bleh (there's even a Penny Arcade comic out on this).

I suck at most games. I got my arse handed to me on DMC, Ninja Gaiden, and DMC3 until I whimpered away like a baby. And trust me, Proud Mode is the only way to go on this one.

Oh, and I would definitely recommend not bothering with the strategy guide on this one (unless you're a collector of course). You're probably more likely to spoil yourself than get anything useful from it. Unlike, say, the Suikoden V game I just finished, there's not much of anything in KH2 you can accidentally miss and screw yourself out of. Synthesis materials for the final weapons and such? All of them aren't even available until the final place opens up.

Only thing I used even a FAQ for was to find the 3 materials missing from my inventory and, of course, how to beat the secret boss in this one. Great game. Liked it slightly more than Sui 5 and DQ 8, though not having to use a faq in this one really helped me avert spoilers so that the revelations hit me in full effect. Good game.

As a side note, my Comp USA ad also has it running at $29.99, and it DIDN'T have the $39.99 price the opening week like some regions of Comp USA, so I'm pretty sure this is universal. Hope you guys can find it, but I wouldn't have regretted paying $50 for this one in the least.

[quote name='robbart914']Oh, and I would definitely recommend not bothering with the strategy guide on this one (unless you're a collector of course). You're probably more likely to spoil yourself than get anything useful from it. Unlike, say, the Suikoden V game I just finished, there's not much of anything in KH2 you can accidentally miss and screw yourself out of. Synthesis materials for the final weapons and such? All of them aren't even available until the final place opens up.

Only thing I used even a FAQ for was to find the 3 materials missing from my inventory and, of course, how to beat the secret boss in this one. Great game. Liked it slightly more than Sui 5 and DQ 8, though not having to use a faq in this one really helped me avert spoilers so that the revelations hit me in full effect. Good game.

As a side note, my Comp USA ad also has it running at $29.99, and it DIDN'T have the $39.99 price the opening week like some regions of Comp USA, so I'm pretty sure this is universal. Hope you guys can find it, but I wouldn't have regretted paying $50 for this one in the least.[/quote]

thanks for the tips! i've done reasonably well at DMC3 and ninja gaiden black and i've found dq8 challenging but fun. so i'm definitely going with proud mode on this one. i'm just afraid of what i've heard about Sephiroth (on proud)...

[quote name='wildnuts02']thanks for the tips! i've done reasonably well at DMC3 and ninja gaiden black and i've found dq8 challenging but fun. so i'm definitely going with proud mode on this one. i'm just afraid of what i've heard about Sephiroth (on proud)...[/quote]
I'm at level 67, and if he hits you once you're dead. (Well it is more like a combo of three hits that you can't avoid if you get hit for the first part of the combo.)

[quote name='SpikeSpiegel']I'm at level 67, and if he hits you once you're dead. (Well it is more like a combo of three hits that you can't avoid if you get hit for the first part of the combo.)[/quote]

doh. he sounds pretty impossible.

The dude at the Sunset Hills, MO store said I got the last one, but the website inventory still says limited quanities. Maybe he was pulling my chain.

I just finished clearing all of Jiminy's Journal, and I have to say I loved every minute. Totally worth $50, a steal at $30... but we all know it'll eventually be $20.

Thanks OP just printed out the online ad took it into Best Buy and had it price matched for the difference plus 10%; they didn't even call to verify that they were in stock (which wouldn't have been a problem anyways since there are like 2-3 Stores in my area that say they have copies).

PeaceOut->
Icebeast

I picked it up for $30... they weren't on the shelf, I asked and the guy got it from the back. I also picked up Pirates and King Kong (GC) and ended up spending a total of $70. Ouch...:whistle2:(

I just saw this and was wondering: this wasn't a weekend only sale, was it? I see the link still works and shows $30, but it is just after midnight Monday morning. I would love to try to PM at Best Buy since I finally got off my ass and got a Reward Zone card (I knew I was about to blow ~$500 at Best Buy and figured it'd be worth it), and of course - now that I have the card, I rarely go to BB!

Anyway, I do really want this game, and the search says the Novi, Dearborn and Bloomfield Hills stores all list "limited quanities," so if BB won't PM, I could still hit one of the stores tomorrow...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I might pricematch for this game even though I had zero interest for it... but then again, I have zero interest for this...[/QUOTE]
then why are you posting anything at all?

[quote name='otogi']It's amazing how this company is still around. They never have shit.[/quote]
Wrong!

Their employees are full of it.

I just price matched this over at best buy (5th ave mid town manhattan) and got the next to last copy. The flyer in the sunday paper that I used states all the prices are good for the whole week.

It's a good thing I waited, BB was selling it for 39 last week and I almost broke down a bought it then since every place else was still selling it for 54.

Thanks for the info OP, picked this up over the weekend at a New Hampshire CUSA store. $29.99 out the door... love the no sales tax in NH.

Snagged the last copy at the nearby CUSA. It wasn't on the shelf. If the website says limited quantities and you don't see it, be sure to ask an employee.

Thanks OP.

Just pricematched this at Best Buy for $30. Then they let me use a GGC, so got it for $25. ($20 if you count the $5 Pricegrabber review rebate i will get) W00t!

[quote name='shrike4242']$27.99 after PM @ BB, then $22.99 + tax after the $5 RZ cert I received in the email today.

$17.99 after PG Rebate. Woot.[/quote]
Yea they didnt give me 110% , but i wasnt going to complain. you win :applause:

bread's done
Back