Kingdom Hearts 3 PS4 Pro Preorder - GS Exclusive

FamedGuardian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Posting as it’s own topic for those that don’t visit the Gs thread. Kingdom Hearts 3 PS4 Pro bundle announced today for the US and is a GameStop exclusive. Bundle comes with custom console, KH3 themed controller, physical copy of the game, and an exclusive PS4 theme/keyblade. Preorder page does not say Online Only, so you may be able to reserve one in-store.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/12/14/limited-edition-kingdom-hearts-iii-ps4-pro-bundle-launches-january-29/

Preorder link for $399 bundle
https://m.gamestop.com/product/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-pro-1tb-kingdom-hearts-iii-limited-edition-bundle-only-at-gamestop/171335

$469 Ultimate Fan bundle with The Story So Far and Mystery Box (specifically says Online Only)-
https://m.gamestop.com/product/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-pro-1tb-kingdom-hearts-iii-hardware-ultimate-fan-bundle/171342

[attachment=31484:A21CA1C7-8AA4-4FAA-99E8-A6ADBDA0E648.jpeg]

[attachment=31483:9EDE3CA8-282A-4062-85C9-6F0D8AED453B.jpeg]

[attachment=31485:E5D2F34B-60D3-416D-A73D-EFDB297B1CBC.jpeg]

[attachment=31486:95B1EF3D-FFD3-4CA9-9F14-3AF62644DEBB.jpeg]

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta play the odds though, the PS4 at this point has made it the entire generation without a system wide RROD event. And at the tail end of a system they are using smaller components, generating less heat, very low chance of having a defective unit. And if by some stroke of bad luck you did have one, I think it would be easy to find someone locally who knows how to correct the 2 or 3 things that really can go wrong on a defective unit.
I'm honestly tapped out by this point. My fiance and I have multiple PS3's and PS4's. I just don't see the point in buying another console this late in the console's life cycle. I see what you're saying about playing the odds, but I still have to go through my ever growing backlog. I recently finished Nier (PS3), and I plan on playing the sequel any day now. I'll still be playing my legacy consoles when the next generation consoles release. I'll wait for the inevitable PS5 Pro or whatever it's called. I know there's people that can fix most if not all issues when systems, but I'd rather not have to spend the extra cash.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I can understand that. Side note. I remember reading somewhere that a guy bought a 500 Million PS4 Pro model, and it was defective within a week or so. He contacted Sony and he contacted Sony regarding repair service. He mentioned that if Sony had to replace the system, they would replace it with a standard PS4 Pro. I don't know what happened to that guy, but that alone makes me want to skip all limited edition consoles.

I was actually wondering about this before I placed the KH3 pre-order (which GS cancelled). Glad you confirmed it. Now I have to decide whether to wait for another LE or just go for the standard Pro.

I'm honestly tapped out by this point. My fiance and I have multiple PS3's and PS4's. I just don't see the point in buying another console this late in the console's life cycle. I see what you're saying about playing the odds, but I still have to go through my ever growing backlog. I recently finished Nier (PS3), and I plan on playing the sequel any day now. I'll still be playing my legacy consoles when the next generation consoles release. I'll wait for the inevitable PS5 Pro or whatever it's called. I know there's people that can fix most if not all issues when systems, but I'd rather not have to spend the extra cash.

So you aren't going to use the KH3 PS4 Pro? That's a bummer man!

For the 3DS family alone, I have enough for an entire football team, let alone allllll of the other consoles and handhelds. You guys are just sounding like quitters... lol

So you aren't going to use the KH3 PS4 Pro? That's a bummer man!
I don't have one, haha. I already have a PS4 Pro for my Sony 4K. My other TVs are 1080p so I don't see the benefit of another PS4 Pro. I didn't pay pull price for my multiple PS4s so I'm content with what I have.

I can understand that. Side note. I remember reading somewhere that a guy bought a 500 Million PS4 Pro model, and it was defective within a week or so. He contacted Sony and he contacted Sony regarding repair service. He mentioned that if Sony had to replace the system, they would replace it with a standard PS4 Pro. I don't know what happened to that guy, but that alone makes me want to skip all limited edition consoles.

That is more common than you would think. I called Nintendo to see if they could replace my scratched Majora's Mask shell and all they could do was send a replacement black, red or galaxy. I asked if they could send a Metroid one but they said they only reserve that for Metroid console repairs and they cant mix or swap the shell.

He'd probably be better off. The 500 m was the second iteration of the PS4 Pro. The Read Dead 2 bundle and KH bundle both use the quieter third iteration of the Pro.

I’d wait for a death stranding, days gone, ghost of Tsushima or last of us 2 ps4 pro just cuz they’re quieter and all but the ps5 is probably coming next year

Call me crazy but why is everyone so picky about louder consoles? If you have a sound system or use a headset you wont hear it anyways.

Call me crazy but why is everyone so picky about louder consoles? If you have a sound system or use a headset you wont hear it anyways.
They never had a Dreamcast. That damn system is taking off for flight as soon as you start it.

Just like you said, I turn on my surround sound system with subwoofer and shake the house with my gaming. Don't hear no damn loud consoles.

Not so much everyone. More like the people that find headphones uncomfortable or live in an apartment building where cranking a 7.1 system TO THE MAX is not really an option.

Not so much everyone. More like the people that find headphones uncomfortable or live in an apartment building where cranking a 7.1 system TO THE MAX is not really an option.
I game at night a lot when my kids are sleeping use night mode on my system. Usually level 13 with no bass, never heard my 500 Million pro like others have said. Do hear the plastic crackling during cool down after a long gaming session though.

They never had a Dreamcast. That damn system is taking off for flight as soon as you start it.

Just like you said, I turn on my surround sound system with subwoofer and shake the house with my gaming. Don't hear no damn loud consoles.
I replaced my GDRom drive and swapped the original fan out with a Noctua last week, makes it so much quieter

lSbStNC.jpg

I replaced my GDRom drive and swapped the original fan out with a Noctua last week, makes it so much quieter

lSbStNC.jpg
Nice! Maybe I should do that someday to mine. I still have a sealed new Dreamcast as a backup as I am still using my launch system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Maybe I should do that someday to mine. I still have a sealed new Dreamcast as a backup as I am still using my launch system.

I wish I was smart enough to have a new backup, I do have brand new controllers though!

I still play with the Dreamcast, this console brought me into online gaming. It really was ahead of its time and I’m really surprised how long it took for others to get where Sega originally was in 1999.

I'd just pickup a clone GDEMU, I got mine off Aliexpress for $63 from a seller that shipped from california if you feel like replacing the drive, fan mod was really simple too just picked up a fan off amazon and a shroud off ebay from a 3d printer, thinking about splurging and buying a replacement case shell

Really hoping I get a call about this as I was among the cancels... I wonder what the criteria for calls and emails is.

So where is this extra stock coming from - orders previously cancelled by GS or did Sony make more?
Don't know!

GS always seems to find new stock somewhere. It may have been extras held back in case of damage during shipping. They usually just list those a while after release, but I bet this time they held them from doing so.

I got a call from GameStop today about the Kingdom Hearts PS4, apparently they got new stock from Sony. The rep said he has quite a few people to call on the list of cancelled orders. I know a bunch of us got burned on this, so hopefully Gamestop comes through and everyone who wanted one gets one.

I just got mine yesterday. A rep emailed then called a few days ago, asked if I still wanted one and had it shipped an hour after the phone call with 2 day shipping. Night and day between that and regular service I get from customer service.

I just got mine yesterday. A rep emailed then called a few days ago, asked if I still wanted one and had it shipped an hour after the phone call with 2 day shipping. Night and day between that and regular service I get from customer service.
Did they leave any contact info when they e-mailed you? I'm afraid they'll run out before I get a call and wouldn't mind weaseling a way into getting a hold of them first.

Did they leave any contact info when they e-mailed you? I'm afraid they'll run out before I get a call and wouldn't mind weaseling a way into getting a hold of them first.
None, other than the standard orders@gamestop address. I have no idea if it's even possible to get back in contact with the guys who called me. They didn't sound like the standard gamestop cs.

bread's done
Back