Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep - US Release Date 9/7/2010!!! PSP Bundle Confirmed!!!

Here is what the decals look like :cool:

2yv6k3q.jpg

zn8spj.jpg

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Yeah, I think Amazon is going to be the best for game only, since they offer the 10$ future credit. I just wish B&M stores would have some type of deal.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

K-Mart is also offering a $10 gaming coupon (for a future purchase) in store on release day, if you have one around.

They are also doing a soft bundle, meaning an off the shelf PSP and Kingdom Hearts (so you get the case, manual, etc), and that'll get you a $40 gaming coupon for a future purchase.

I ordered from amazon and will be getting some decals. I have no interest in them. If someone would like them just PM me with your addy and I'll mail them to you. I'll even eat the 1st class postage it'll cost to mail them.

First come first serve.

EDIT: CLAIMED

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sotc1988']Holy crap the gameplay on this looks awesome. I just hope the storyline is only semi-retarded this time.[/QUOTE]

Storyline is pretty lacking...but love the controls. Still need to play the DS version.

I picked up the bundle from Gamestop today and sure enough, the game comes in a cardboard "not for resale" slipcover. A full size manual is included.

All in all I like the bundle a lot (it was a good excuse for me to finally get a psp and stop borrowing my friends), but I wish the game would've come in a regular UMD case and I also wish the decals had been included.

[quote name='Scorch']Wait - no decals?

Is there any KH branding on the PSP at all?[/QUOTE]

No decals with the bundle.

No KH branding on the PSP at all. :( I was hoping for *some* kind of branding on it, or at least include the decals!

I knew the game wouldn't come with a real case, and this just goes to show you that the people that work there know jack shit about anything.

I've seen on numerous sites where people relay emails from gamestop customer support saying it comes with a real case, others saying that they're not sure and relay a bunch of BS jargin about it being a factory issue, blah blah blah.

And look at that, in the end, no case. This wouldn't be an issue if the people up top had just half the passion about games as some of their lowly store employees do.

It was common knowledge that there was branding on the PSP though. Like with every other handheld option the cool ones, for some reason, always stay in Japan. fuckers.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I knew the game wouldn't come with a real case, and this just goes to show you that the people that work there know jack shit about anything.

I've seen on numerous sites where people relay emails from gamestop customer support saying it comes with a real case, others saying that they're not sure and relay a bunch of BS jargin about it being a factory issue, blah blah blah.

And look at that, in the end, no case. This wouldn't be an issue if the people up top had just half the passion about games as some of their lowly store employees do.

It was common knowledge that there was branding on the PSP though. Like with every other handheld option the cool ones, for some reason, always stay in Japan. fuckers.[/QUOTE]

I don't think any of the bundled games that come with the psp system have real cases. My God of War came in a cardboard sleave, as did my brother-in-law's star wars game.

[quote name='Brownjohn']I don't think any of the bundled games that come with the psp system have real cases. My God of War came in a cardboard sleave, as did my brother-in-law's star wars game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and my MGS: Peace Walker also came in a sleave. It's just the fact that Gamestop didn't know. Like, wtf?

I see some of you were talking about decals, well mine came with two sets. I already obligated one of them to fellow cag, but I got one more to offer up. Just PM with your address. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE

...if you already have some though don't claim the ones I am offering.

EDIT: CLAIMED

It's really lame that Sony doesn't go the extra mile for the U.S. audience. A few extra touches on the system itself make a huge difference...so your system doesn't look exactly like the GT bundle or the AC bundle before.

Has anyone played much of the game yet? I heard nothing but amazing things about the combat system, so I gave it a try tonight. After about an hour, I'm finding it... interesting. There are a lot of options on how to do combat, and no method seems to be more effective than the next. I find myself wishing for a simpler system. Am I alone in this? Or does combat become more streamlined as the game goes on?

I'll probably put at least a few more hours into it before I make a decision, just curious what other people have to say.

So I "played" 50 minutes of it or so. I use quotation marks because it's really been about 10, then rest cutscenes.

Camera is pretty bad, especially when locked-on and the enemy keeps shifting behind you over a constant course of 15 seconds. Oh, and the person voicing Aqua is TERRIBLE. It doesn't help me that I chose to play as her first, either.

[quote name='twanky']Loving the combat system, however i'm not finding much use for the D-Link or ShotLock feature.....[/QUOTE]

shot lock is fun, and dlink is pretty much just for healing.

Seriously, because of dlink you should never die. Although before I remembered it healed I did die several times. Those stupid ass fat things that ground pound were a bit of a bitch as were the little pink and black things that would tumble around with what looked like red electricity surrounding them. All is good now though!

The battle system is pretty good.

So what character did everyone start with? I am using Aqua.

I played last night for about an hour. Im loving it so far. I really hope the storyline isnt as predictable as I think its going to be...

I started with Terra.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']shot lock is fun, and dlink is pretty much just for healing.

Seriously, because of dlink you should never die. Although before I remembered it healed I did die several times. Those stupid ass fat things that ground pound were a bit of a bitch as were the little pink and black things that would tumble around with what looked like red electricity surrounding them. All is good now though!

The battle system is pretty good.

So what character did everyone start with? I am using Aqua.[/QUOTE]

Those fat things killed me at least 3 times on Proud Mode. I played for about 2 hours according to the game time, and I'm loving it.

Nomura (the game designer/creator(?)) recommended to best understand the story to play as Terra, Roxas looking guy, and Aqua.

Edit: Damn it, late.

Pfft, I started with Aqua. I don't want to play with Roxas Prime or Rikku Prime (complete guesses) yet because I wanted to start with something different.

Also, is it just me or is this game kinda hard? I started on Normal and I've died at least a half dozen times, mostly from regular enemies because they're sponges.

[quote name='KingBroly']Pfft, I started with Aqua. I don't want to play with Roxas Prime or Rikku Prime (complete guesses) yet because I wanted to start with something different.

Also, is it just me or is this game kinda hard? I started on Normal and I've died at least a half dozen times, mostly from regular enemies because they're sponges.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say the game is particularly hard, but the camera doesn't help at all. I've died a few times because I can't get a good camera angle. Does anybody remember
part one of the Ursala
fight from KH1? That fight was awful with the terrible camera.

Edit: I started playing as Terra and have played for about 3.5 hours.

Meh, I think if the play order was that big of a deal there would have been an in game recommendation.

As far as the difficulty goes, I did a little bit of grinding in the beginning and am g2g. I'm like level 11 and just got done with the Snow White place.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Meh, I think if the play order was that big of a deal there would have been an in game recommendation.

As far as the difficulty goes, I did a little bit of grinding in the beginning and am g2g. I'm like level 11 and just got done with the Snow White place.[/QUOTE]

There kinda is one, considering they're put int the order Nomura suggested. (going up to down)

Grinding seems kinda easy, I got to level 10 by just going through Enchanted Domain a few times. (I was grinding to level the skills in my Deck...so I could fuse more skills...)

Just beat
Zack at the Colliseum, gah he was a pain! i had to grind a bit to beat him.

Currently at Disney Town with Terra at lvl 30.

I am absolutely loving this game. I think I can tell which way the storyline is heading. I hope to be surprised though...

I think KingBroly may be right. A lot of the cheap boss battle tactics and crappy camera angles that plagued KH1 are back here. For anyone starting with Terra's campaign, I'm talking about
Braig

[quote name='jacobeid']I think KingBroly may be right. A lot of the cheap boss battle tactics and crappy camera angles that plagued KH1 is back here. For anyone starting with Terra's campaign, I'm talking about
Braig
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but he wasnt very tough or anything.

I'm playing on Proud Mode and haven't found the game too difficult. I mowed through Terra's story until the very last boss fight
Xehanort's meteors kept wrecking me. They would sometimes spawn under me, not giving me a chance to shotlock or block :bomb:

[quote name='jacobeid']I think KingBroly may be right. A lot of the cheap boss battle tactics and crappy camera angles that plagued KH1 is back here. For anyone starting with Terra's campaign, I'm talking about
Braig
[/QUOTE]

Just wait until you get to the end of Aqua's campaign. Holy hell is the camera bad. And not just for the boss either. Just...wow. I died over 20 times because the camera just would not cooperate and kept flipping out.

Also, Aqua's campaign is probably the hardest out of the three, which doesn't help matters much.

Good stuff! I too am plying with Aqua first. So far I've put the rape on everything, but am only about to enter the space place with stitch.

I kicked Zach's ass. I'm playing on proud mode too, there's no reason to be playing on a difficulty lower than proud, because it's easy. And I am totally not trying to act like one of those "OMG this game isn't teh hard at all! I beat Demon Souls in ma first try!" haxxor douche bags. The game's difficulty for the most part is laughable.

[quote name='blueweltall']Did anyone get a slip cover for their game?[/QUOTE]

I have only seen the slip cover at Target. I saw them on Tuesday. Every other retailer I have seen (wal-mart, BB, gamestop), none of them had a slip cover.

Maybe it was just my area?

Still waiting for my LE from the UK to get here. It shipped on Monday and they said probably a week. Too bad Halo: Reach comes out next week. I guess it will have to gather dust for a while.

Got my bundle, my GameStop threw out the display boxart, but the guy said he'd give me the boxart from a used copy once they got one. That guy is awesome.

I just finished Terra's story. This game has been well worth the wait.

I am going to start Ven's now. I love the Kingdom Hearts series!

Just finished Terra's story last night. Really sucks that
the whole Xehanort Terra thing was spoiled for my by Youtube like a year ago
, but it was great. I have a question for anyone who's beaten Terra's final boss:

When he makes the rocks life out of the ground and sends them at you, how are you supposed to block them? I would turn the camera to look over the field, but since I can't turn the camera upwards, I could never see all of them. I assume there's got to be a "right" way to handle this attack.

I can't wait to pick up this game. I was hoping it was going to be in the PSN store but I didn't see it yesterday when I looked for it.

[quote name='pete5883']

When he makes the rocks life out of the ground and sends them at you, how are you supposed to block them? I would turn the camera to look over the field, but since I can't turn the camera upwards, I could never see all of them. I assume there's got to be a "right" way to handle this attack.
[/QUOTE]

Here's how I dealt with it:

Watch where the first meteor rises up from and run as far away as you can from it. If you're far away enough, you should be able to have a clear view of the meteor. When it gets close to you, start spamming block until the attack is over. If you're lucky and the meteors don't hit the ground next to you instead, you should survive.

[quote name='Reimu']Here's how I dealt with it:

Watch where the first meteor rises up from and run as far away as you can from it. If you're far away enough, you should be able to have a clear view of the meteor. When it gets close to you, start spamming block until the attack is over. If you're lucky and the meteors don't hit the ground next to you instead, you should survive.
[/QUOTE]

So the first to rise is the first to shoot at you? That's helpful. A little bit more camera control would help a whole lot here.

[quote name='LoneLaser']I can't wait to pick up this game. I was hoping it was going to be in the PSN store but I didn't see it yesterday when I looked for it.[/QUOTE]

Square already confirmed they're not going to release it on psn. I can't play this until I fix my analog stick, and I won't have the right screwdriver until Thursday.

bread's done
Back