Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep - US Release Date 9/7/2010!!! PSP Bundle Confirmed!!!

One of the things this game did really well was the pacing there really is no bull shit slow beginning.

I also absolutely LOVE how when you start a new game you can jump right to the part where you select who you want to play as instead of doing the stupid tutorial stuff. Genius!!!

This has probably been answered already, but do I need to play Kingdom Hearts I and II before this? I heard this one is the best, so I'm interested in getting this.

[quote name='Hiei69']This has probably been answered already, but do I need to play Kingdom Hearts I and II before this? I heard this one is the best, so I'm interested in getting this.[/QUOTE]

Definitely not. This is a precursor to the entire series; so you could essentially start out here and be g2g.

I just beat Ven's story last night. It was good but it seemed shorter and easier than Terra's. All I have left is Aqua now. Im exctied to see how this whole thing ties together.

Im still at the very beginning in
Cinderellas world
with Aqua.

My magic is weak and my keyblade is even weaker. Im sure it will get better as I level her up but man, Terra and Ven were a piece of cake compared to this early stage of Aqua.

[quote name='Dahk']Im still at the very beginning in
Cinderellas world
with Aqua.

My magic is weak and my keyblade is even weaker. Im sure it will get better as I level her up but man, Terra and Ven were a piece of cake compared to this early stage of Aqua.[/QUOTE]

Man I was getting owned in that World. It definitely gets better than that. Haha!

I'm fighting what I assume to be the final boss on Terra's campaign. What a steaming pile of bull shit. He blocks everything, he intercepts me mid attack, my attacks don't interrupt his, and he heals himself What. The. fuck? And people say Aqua's campaign is the hardest? This fight is easily 10 times harder than anything else in the entire game I have faced thus far.

EDIT: I finally beat him after God only knows how many tries. Blocking and countering finally managed to come through.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RichMeisterMan']This secret boss is in the final episode that you unlock?[/QUOTE]

There are two secret bosses that unlock after finishing the final episode. You can load up Terra, Ven, or Aqua's (or the final episode, but that's not recommended) save and fight one at the Keyblade Graveyard and one at the Land of Departure.

Any reward for beating them?

I'm midway through Aqua's story, and I'm not finding her magic to be particularly strong. Seems like they just made her weaker.

[quote name='pete5883']Any reward for beating them?

I'm midway through Aqua's story, and I'm not finding her magic to be particularly strong. Seems like they just made her weaker.[/QUOTE]

Use Aqua's Ghost Drive. That thing is ballin'!

I just started to go to the Mirage arena and I only have to beat it with Ven now. I totally brushed it off thinking it was only multiplayer BS. That was a mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beat it.

Really good game!

I had to level up a couple levels to beat the last episode, so level up aqua. I think I beat it on level 35 or 36.

Out of the three stories, Aqua was the easiest and funnest for me. I'm into using Magic Vs. Key blade, so it was a good fit.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Use Aqua's Ghost Drive. That thing is ballin'!

I just started to go to the Mirage arena and I only have to beat it with Ven now. I totally brushed it off thinking it was only multiplayer BS. That was a mistake.[/QUOTE]
I lucked out and got 3 Thunder Boost abilities stacked. That made Thundaga pretty good.

Finished the
Final Episode
last night. Really great game.

I havent gone to that arena either. Its not only multiplayer? What are the benefits of going there in single player?

[quote name='Dahk']I havent gone to that arena either. Its not only multiplayer? What are the benefits of going there in single player?[/QUOTE]

You get an ultimate weapon and shotlock commands.

[quote name='pete5883']What kind of level do you have to be to get the ultimate weapons?[/QUOTE]

I was mid 50s on Proud Mode when I beat the Mirage Arena and both secret bosses.

The only real benefit of being a higher level would be a slight increase in the damage you deal. You will (probably) get wrecked in one hit regardless of how much HP or defense you have.

Just finished the game.

It was incredible and everything I was hoping it would be. The secret ending movie was phenomenal as well. So...when does Kingdom Hearts 3 come out? haha

[quote name='Dahk']I wish theyd scrap production for all these little side games and start working on KH3.[/QUOTE]
All the people that will be making KH3 are currently working on FF Versus XIII. That needs to get done first.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Use Aqua's Ghost Drive. That thing is ballin'!

I just started to go to the Mirage arena and I only have to beat it with Ven now. I totally brushed it off thinking it was only multiplayer BS. That was a mistake.[/QUOTE]

Is there a way to properly use Ghost Drive? I always felt just missed more than she hit. I preferred the giant glowing sword of beatdowns.

[quote name='Dahk']I wish theyd scrap production for all these little side games and start working on KH3.[/QUOTE]

This. So much. 8 years since KH1 and we've only had 2 "main" KH games. KH2 and BBS.

So I beat it tonight! Pretty good; it makes me want to the 3rd game SO fuckING BAD!!!!

I really like Aqua and can't wait to see what kind of role she plays in the next game.

I've been looking to get back into KH after beating the first one. Chronologically, this game happened before KH1, so would this be a good game to pick up from? I already played about half an hour of the game (saved right after the fight tutorial) and I have no idea what's going on story wise... will this reveal itself later on or is there background info from other games that I'm unaware about?

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']So I beat it tonight! Pretty good; it makes me want to the 3rd game SO fuckING BAD!!!!

I really like Aqua and can't wait to see what kind of role she plays in the next game.[/QUOTE]

How long did it take? I'm still playing Terra and I'm about 8 hours in and level 26 or so.

Ok anyone got any tips for beating the final boss in Terra's story? I can get him down to about one health bar and he is just utterly raping me. (which he does the entire fight, just then I tend to miss a heal)

I actually just tried him again. I went fully defensive and beat him with no issue. I was actually going after him the first time which is why he beat the crap out of me. Going full defense and just countering he went down and I only had to heal once.

That is an awesome website though I'll use it when I play as Ventus to get some of the more powerful stuff. I had Quake but no Meteor.

bread's done
Back