Kingdom Hearts HD Collection Announced

I'm slightly worried about getting my copy. I've never had any issues with Amazon (which is where I preordered). But didn't some places oversell KH3D CE?

Just curious, to anyone who pre-ordered at GS. Does your receipt say SD next to it? I did mine way back on June 25th and was told I'd be getting one (And it was still advertised on the site too).

Gonna be pissed if I don't get one.

confirmed by a cag, kingdom hearts limited edition does indeed come with disc holder inside the limited artbook. no separate disc case as shown in the video i posted.

I posted this in the wrong thread but for those that can go or care at that....

I really don't know where to put this, I know if I put it in the regional thread it will most likely get overlooked but since it's short notice I'll put it here.

I just found out about it and I really don't know how publicized it is but they are going to hold an event tomorrow in Anaheim, CA at the Marriott hotel and will be releasing Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 a few days early along with some swag. Click the link for more info....

https://www.facebook...55547254650238/

Just curious, to anyone who pre-ordered at GS. Does your receipt say SD next to it? I did mine way back on June 25th and was told I'd be getting one (And it was still advertised on the site too).
Gonna be pissed if I don't get one.
The SD means Street Dated.

I got my shipping confirm from Amazon, but the item is listed simply as "KH 1.5HD Remix"... no LE in the title. Now, I'm kinda worried. 

EDIT* Nevermind... clicking the link on my order page takes me directly to the LE so I guess it should be ok. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Went and picked up mine earlier. Haven't played yet. Just finished lunch gonna play in a few. I'm excited never finished any of the games so this'll give me a chance to get caught up, and oh yeah trophies gotta love trophies.

MOTHER fuckING SHIT AMAZON... shipped my copy in a bubble mailer and it's flatten.
This is what I'm expecting to come home to as well, honestly. I would have cancelled it & preordered it locally after the SMT4 fiasco, but I had a credit applied to it that had expired so I was afraid that if I canceled it would have gone away. I was *hoping* that since I ordered the guide as well they'd ship the 2 together in a box, but I haven't gotten a shipped notice for the guide so I guess that's a no-go.

BB screwed me over.  I pre-ordered the limited edition and they gave me the reg. one.  Why can't BB get their $h!t together? 

I ordered the LE from Amazon, but I went around looking for the game in-store today as well so I could examine the game in person and pick-up a good copy.

The two Gamestops I went to had the LE but they were all reserved. Best Buy only got the standard edition from what I saw. Luckily Target had about 5-6 copies of the LE and I was able to get it there. It was sitting in one of the front-facing endcap displays (the ones usually reserved for newer titles), but there was no copy in that clamshell display case, so it was hard to spot.

If you're looking for the LE in-store, I'd check Target, as they might have it in a hard to spot place like mine did.

i have to say after only have played around 70% of KH when it came out, it feels really good jumping back in i really love the worlds and im not the biggest disney fan. the controls still feel like 2002 its mostly the annoying floaty jump. looking through the trophy list already noticed a few i'll never get (beat the game without using a continue) are you crazy! (beat the game without changing equipment) yeah right!

Supposedly those 2 trophies aren't very difficult on easy, but to plat the game you have to beat it at least 3 times (once on each difficulty) and that's not happening for me.

By some miracle, Amazon shipped mine in one of those cardboard wrapper things.  My only guess is it's because they also stuck the NES cartridge opening tool I ordered this weekend in the same package - but hey, whatever the reason I'm happy.  :)

I went on a 2 hour expedition to look for a Limited Edition. The one I ordered online said it would arrive next Monday and I couldn't wait that long. Final stop at GameStop (I hate going there) had some leftover. Though the guy said he wasn't supposed to sell it to me, since it was pre-ordered only, he gladly slipped it over to me since no one else was in the store  :baby:

I went to my local Target (East Pasadena, CA) on release day and they had 2 LE's sitting on the end cap where all the new releases go so I picked it up. Then I went to Best Buy a few blocks away but didn't see it on any of the shelves so I had to ask the associate and he went to the back and got a copy for me. So I returned the one from Target since I wanted the purchase to go towards my RZ balance.

Got some questions though.

Not that it really matters to me but do we still get the dynamic theme that comes with the LE or is that for preorders only? I recall reading that someone got the psn code emailed to them for purchasing it on their RZ account.

And unless I'm blind, dumb, or both, is there any way to exit to the main menu while playing the 1st game without holding the PS button and exiting game then restarting?

And unless I'm blind, dumb, or both, is there any way to exit to the main menu while playing the 1st game without holding the PS button and exiting game then restarting?
Hold L1+L2+R1+R2+Select+Start and the game soft resets to New/Load/Back main menu. Selecting Back should bring up the 3 game list options.

Just started the game today and the HD remake did they on this game is amazing. Probably one of the best HD remake I seen. Also did anyone else noticed at the beginning that Cinderella is a brunette?

Dammit. Why did I start Graces f last week? And why did this have to come out a week before GTA5? And why does GTA5 have to come out 2 weeks before my CPA exam? And why is my CPA exam a week before I start work?

FML. 

Dammit. Why did I start Graces f last week? And why did this have to come out a week before GTA5? And why does GTA5 have to come out 2 weeks before my CPA exam? And why is my CPA exam a week before I start work?

FML.
Good News its only 1/4 of the exam (depending on state).

Are the reaction commands as annoying as they were in KH2?

From what I understand they just replaced the bottom field menu option with the triangle button (which is fine).

I just finished Kingdom Hearts 1 and while I enjoyed it, I forget how boring the game is at times.  Each world(expect Hollow Bastion) is literally just run to an area trigger a cut-scene, run to another area to trigger another cut-scene, rinse and repeat until boss.  I actually fell asleep a couple of times while playing it.

With that being said I still think its a better jrpg then everything released this gen. I don't understand why japanese developers dont make jrpgs like this anymore. One with a very original concept, is so unique that there is really nothing else like it, and doesn't play like a SNES game.

Are the reaction commands as annoying as they were in KH2?

From what I understand they just replaced the bottom field menu option with the triangle button (which is fine).
I haven't seen a single reaction command in battle that I can think of, and I'm past 1st visit to Hollow Bastion. It's just used to talk to people, open chests, read signs, click environment levers (still attack with keyblade on certain things). Did you really have to press up (or down down down) then X to open a chest in KH1? I don't remember since last KH I played was a replay of KH2 recently, so I'm hazy. If true, this is so much better.

The only downside I'm seeing as I play the game is: The camera. Turn off auto camera or you'll have a seizure. It does not work well, but at least we can now use the R stick instead of L2+R2 to rotate. It still gets caught on stuff often, and sometimes tries to go around the object the opposite way you're pressing the R stick which can be frustrating.

The battle system is "ok", but playing KH1 HD just reminds me how much more I want KH2 HD. I keep getting duplicate worlds mixed up from both games, like no Christmas event. Thank god no music rhythm from crab. I love the 1st game, but for how much I like it I like KH2 3x more :)

So now I'd like to talk about "Final Mix". I'm so happy we finally get Final Mix version here, but wow some things threw me off (my hazy KH1 memory). The White Mushrooms don't beg for a cure anymore, they do push-ups, heh. And the Gravity ones? Be prepared for a laugh, then a "I have to do what?!". Lots of new (hard) enemies that you can't just smash and slash but have actual strategy. The extra cutscenes are cool and I don't care that they aren't voiced because bringing back a localization voicecast 11 year later sounds not possible. Cool addition that helps fill in some story and character development aspects, but am I wrong or is there not that many added scenes overall?

I think KH 2 is a big step down. It's prettier and has cool transformations... but the gameplay is less deliberate and more showy (if that makes sense).

The original is a true spiritual successor to Secret of Mana IMO. I hate the fact that the worlds are devoid of NPCs but the game itself is awesome.

Yes you did have to use the menu to open chests.

bread's done
Back