Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (360/PS3) $44.99 at Newegg (TRU match)

Ohh, wow, I just tried using the Google Offers code again and I had a remaining balance of $3 (I had bought the MGS collection for $37) so I'm getting the game for $42, simply awesome! /Suck it Amazon

[quote name='enorox']Anyone know the likeliness of Amazon price-matching ? .99 cent shipping for release date delivery seems pretty damn nice. But with tax I'd rather wait a couple days and get it from newegg with the free 3 day shipping than pay 66 bucks total for release date delivery.

Might as well add that I submitted a lower price feedback on the Amazon page.[/QUOTE]
Unlikely. The last preorder that Amazon actually price matched was Alice: Madness Returns over seven months ago, and there've been a lot of $45/$48 preorder offers from Newegg and TRU since then.

Looks like Newegg will get my business for this one. Thanks for the thread btw, probably wouldn't have even checked newegg for this game.

I wonder if Amazon is holding off simply because they're getting good pre-order numbers even without matching these deals. It seems like the few games they have matched have been games that sold quite poorly, and the low numbers of pre-orders may have inspired them price match just to get rid of the units. Anyway, if they match I will switch to them because I've got some credit and I would like the release date delivery. Otherwise, the newegg deal will have to do.

Damn, looks like Amazon is falling behind.....I played the demo and loved it and for a game that boasts taking over 200 HRS for a 100% run is a damn good deal.

Keeping my Amazon order JIC they P-Match...(doubtful but ya never know)

Ugh. I liked the regular combat in the Demo but it bugged out and by the end of the demo the game was pretty much unplayable.

I don't know if I can justify $45 or not.

[quote name='TraBuch']Unlikely. The last preorder that Amazon actually price matched was Alice: Madness Returns over seven months ago, and there've been a lot of $45/$48 preorder offers from Newegg and TRU since then.[/QUOTE]

I remember they also matched TRU's pre-order price on Sonic Generations but only for the PS3 version. Other than that though, you are right.

[quote name='Dreamcastguy']Ugh. I liked the regular combat in the Demo but it bugged out and by the end of the demo the game was pretty much unplayable.

I don't know if I can justify $45 or not.[/QUOTE]
The demo was something like a three month old build. All those annoying bugs are fixed in the final build.

[quote name='TraBuch']The demo was something like a three month old build. All those annoying bugs are fixed in the final build.[/QUOTE]

I'm still pre-ordering, but I wouldn't count on this being entirely true until we can experience it for ourselves.

[quote name='Bosamba']Thanks OP. Cancelled my ToysRus preorder saving me ~$3.50 in tax.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Thanks guys!

[quote name='saosin42']I sent an email to Amazon. I want the preorder sheeit.[/QUOTE]

The pre-order crap is what's got me waffling between Amazon and Gamestop vs. TRU (or Newegg).

Turns out the 'Fate Weapons' only make Reckoning Mode last longer. They do not scale with or to your character at all.

I'd anticipate the armor does not scale, either - they're just meant to give you a quicker start in the game.

So, on all those points, certainly there are better items later in the game.

As for the Compass of Fate, it merely increases your Persuasion Skill (Gamestop), while the Dowsing Rod (Amazon) just helps with finding herbal materials.

Worth a $15 premium? I personally don't think so, but I've got $50 credit at Amazon. Would I rather spend $45+tax, $10 and get some goodies (but use up the credit), or wait a couple weeks for the price to dip to $39.99 (but no goodies)? Probably the latter, though it's tough saying no.

[quote name='Battler']Same here. Thanks guys![/QUOTE]

Newegg shipping is also significantly faster than TRU, in my experience. Another reason to make the switch.

After reading an interview with R.A. Salvator, I caved. You win, Newegg.

Now I'll just have to finish before ME3 comes out.

Don't give up on Amazon. You get the goodies PLUS an actual guarantee of delivery. NewEgg frequently oversells its preorders and then can't deliver. With the amount they are pushing with these prices, they will not have the inventory, and a lot of you will get shafted. Happened to me with Fable 3 preorder. They could not fulfill even a week after delivery, and it was another one of those discount preorder deals. Caveat emptor!!

I think it's safe to give up on Amazon unless they pull through over the weekend with an offer of credit. Otherwise, I am willing to take the very slight chance that newegg will oversell it's pre-orders seeing as it will save me over $20 when you factor in the tax. The Amazon bonuses are nice, but aren't worth spending any extra money, let alone $20.

I haven't given up on Amazon yet. Remember Battlefield 3? They added a $20 pre-order credit the weekend before! Let's keep submitting the price differences to them, and keep our fingers crossed. :)

I just canceled my amazon pre order. The price difference had a lot to do with it, but I'm not going to support offline passes and that was the straw that broke this camels back.
I wanted to play this game, but there are other games to play. EA isn't getting my money.

I'm still torn. Buy from Newegg for $45 + tax and 3 day shipping or buy from Amazon for $59.95 - $10 gift card = $49.95 with preorder exclusives and release day delivery?

[quote name='Midnighthawk']I'm still torn. Buy from Newegg for $45 + tax and 3 day shipping or buy from Amazon for $59.95 - $10 gift card = $49.95 with preorder exclusives and release day delivery?[/QUOTE]

Do you have other games to play, or are you in dire need of a new game? I'm a CAG with a backlog. I'm pretty excited for Reckoning and got it from Newegg (mainly because I paired the $44.99 preorder with my Google Offers $40 for $20), but if I didn't have that, I'd still go with Newegg. Lowest price wins - I don't pay attention to DLC crap, and usually try and sell it - but that's largely hit or miss on success.

The DLC exclusives 9 times out of 10 do nothing to the core game. Although I'm a purist at heart too - if it doesn't come shipped on the disk, I normally say screw it, and never play it (Mass Effect 2 was the only game I ever bought/played the DLC in ANY form).

[quote name='kraftwerks']I just canceled my amazon pre order. The price difference had a lot to do with it, but I'm not going to support offline passes and that was the straw that broke this camels back.
I wanted to play this game, but there are other games to play. EA isn't getting my money.[/QUOTE]

Your used game buying brothers appreciate the solidarity in not letting publishers withold content from us. Want this game bad, but will buy from Gamefly used .... just like every other bullcrap EA game.

Does anybody remember how long the newegg google offer gift card lasts for? I thought I would have found a deal to use it on by now but I havent found anything worth buying with it thus far.

[quote name='blitztwn36']Do you have other games to play, or are you in dire need of a new game? I'm a CAG with a backlog. I'm pretty excited for Reckoning and got it from Newegg (mainly because I paired the $44.99 preorder with my Google Offers $40 for $20), but if I didn't have that, I'd still go with Newegg. Lowest price wins - I don't pay attention to DLC crap, and usually try and sell it - but that's largely hit or miss on success.

The DLC exclusives 9 times out of 10 do nothing to the core game. Although I'm a purist at heart too - if it doesn't come shipped on the disk, I normally say screw it, and never play it (Mass Effect 2 was the only game I ever bought/played the DLC in ANY form).[/QUOTE]
I've got RDR to trudge through, but I'm getting tired of playing shooters for the past 3 months. I haven't had a good RPG since Dragon Age Origins and Reckoning's demo has got me all hyped. I could save the $10 Amazon gift card for a different game, but there's none that I want coming out any time soon. I don't know how reliable Newegg shipping is since I haven't bought anything from them and I'd still be paying tax since I live in California.

[quote name='Midnighthawk']I've got RDR to trudge through, but I'm getting tired of playing shooters for the past 3 months. I haven't had a good RPG since Dragon Age Origins and Reckoning's demo has got me all hyped. I could save the $10 Amazon gift card for a different game, but there's none that I want coming out any time soon. I don't know how reliable Newegg shipping is since I haven't bought anything from them and I'd still be paying tax since I live in California.[/QUOTE]

From my experience, their 3-day shipping is reliable; I've pre-ordered quite a bit lately from Newegg because of their $12-15 off promos, and they've all arrived 3-days after the release date (Wednesday or Thursday and I live up north in Washington state).

Right now I've got a pre-order locked in for Newegg, but I still have my fingers crossed for a Amazon promo. KoA:R is one of the games I've most looked forward to since E3 last year and I want to play the game as soon as possible, but I need to try and save some money so I can get a couple more games I'm also really looking forward to :

I dont know if it would sway amazon at all but if all of us that have Amazon pre-orders cancelled them today, I'm sure Amazon would take notice at a mass cancellation like that. maybe its wishfull thinking but I'm going to cancel mine right now and hope they match this price, if not I will just pre-order it again from them of Friday or Saturday. If just 100 of us cancel, thats $6000 in pre-orders they would lose. Cant hurt to try

[quote name='Brother Daz']I dont know if it would sway amazon at all but if all of us that have Amazon pre-orders cancelled them today, I'm sure Amazon would take notice at a mass cancellation like that. maybe its wishfull thinking but I'm going to cancel mine right now and hope they match this price, if not I will just pre-order it again from them of Friday or Saturday. If just 100 of us cancel, thats $6000 in pre-orders they would lose. Cant hurt to try[/QUOTE]

I'm with this guy.

I tried out the demo of Kingdoms of Amalur today on the 360. While the first 20 minutes didn't impress me too much, the more I played it the more I found myself enjoying it. It feels like a cross between World of Warcraft, Diablo, and God of War. That's a pretty excellent combination if you ask me..

Yeah I enjoyed the demo a lot too, kind of like a solo MMO with excellent combat mechanics. I'm in at $40 or below.

[quote name='Midnighthawk']I don't know how reliable Newegg shipping is since I haven't bought anything from them and I'd still be paying tax since I live in California.[/QUOTE]

Well, I can tell you that my pre-order for Soulcalibur V from NewEgg has yet to ship out. When I ordered Skyrim from them though, it shipped the day before release and I got it on release day. I'd personally go with Amazon for a few dollars difference once the credit is considered. They've been reliable every time in my experience.

Was on the fence, but preordered one for Xbox, was hoping Amazon would either match this deal or at least offer a $20 promo credit. Oh well, Newegg has my business this time.

Cancelled my preorder with Amazon as well after having several discussions with their customer service people.

They don't seem to care and would only keep mentioning their lowest price guarantee.

So for me I went with TRU because I had a gift card there. The $15 difference is worth the wait since this game is massive anyways.

WTH Amazon?? You used to be the best, THE BEST...and now just a shell of your former self. Tsk tsk.

More people should cancel their orders and send more of a message!

I forgot I had a $30 gift card to newegg. I used it towards this game. Looking forward to it!

By the way, down with taxes! I used my friend's Arkansas address and will pick it up once it arrives.

Had the same experience as EvenFlow. When I mentioned to Raja at Amazon's CS that I would take a $15 credit to stay with them, he posted the low price policy. I said "oh well, I guess I'll cancel." He replied, "OK, I've cancelled your order. Have a nice day."

Newegg it is!

Am I the only one here who thinks I can get more than $15 off of eBay for the DLC codes I'll get off Amazon? Are either of them going to be available on Xbox live day 1? I'm saying this because I got $35 for the tactical enhancement pack code for Deus Ex. In my mind Amazon is still the better deal, although I agree that their price matching for video games sucks compared to what it used to be. Maybe I'm part of the problem....

[quote name='pugs1208']Am I the only one here who thinks I can get more than $15 off of eBay for the DLC codes I'll get off Amazon? Are either of them going to be available on Xbox live day 1? I'm saying this because I got $35 for the tactical enhancement pack code for Deus Ex. In my mind Amazon is still the better deal, although I agree that their price matching for video games sucks compared to what it used to be. Maybe I'm part of the problem....[/QUOTE]

Possibly, but the only reason I would suggest Amazon over Newegg for the deal is if you planned on keeping that DLC. Good chance it'll be sold on the Marketplace down the line anyway. If you plan on just throwing it on on eBay, you might get $15 or so, but between the eBay and Paypal fees, and having to front $60 to Amazon, I don't think it's really worth it.

I also don't believe the DLC codes that Amazon are offering will fetch that much on eBay. I mean once you get to a certain level in Amalur you really won't need those.

Just my two cents.

The Gamestop DLC is better overall.

[quote name='DaShaka']I really wish I didn't pay tax with Newegg (California). They always have the best deals. :([/QUOTE]

Although I have sympathy for you, just be happy you aren't living in WA. We are unfortunate enough to have BOTH Amazon and Steam headquartered here and pay tax for both. :cry:

I pre-ordered mine from Newegg yesterday. If anyone is curious I also pre-ordered FF13-2 and it shipped one day before release (1-30) with free 3 day shipping so technically I get it 2 days after release. Not the best, but not terrible for free shipping.

[quote name='mkaliaz']Although I have sympathy for you, just be happy you aren't living in WA. We are unfortunate enough to have BOTH Amazon and Steam headquartered here and pay tax for both. :cry:

I pre-ordered mine from Newegg yesterday. If anyone is curious I also pre-ordered FF13-2 and it shipped one day before release (1-30) with free 3 day shipping so technically I get it 2 days after release. Not the best, but not terrible for free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Amazon tax in WA sucks. But even with tax they're usually cheaper than most.
I might get this from Newegg, $45 sounds like a fair price.. and no tax.

^ ^ Agreed. After I moved to Seattle, I've found myself buying more games from Newegg, and Amazon hasn't really been matching Newegg that well lately.

bread's done
Back