Kmart $15 off gaming purchase of $15 or more coupon valid during Black Friday! YMMV

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!
I went to Kmart after work and bought Enslaved for PS3 for $4.97. One of the coupons that printed was much to my surprise $15 off of a gaming or gaming accessory purchase of $15 or more! It excludes hardware and is valid 11/18 - 12/8... so that means it's valid Thanksgiving and Black Friday!

I cannot guarantee this coupon will print out for others, however it did for me. YMMV as usual, however worth a purchase to see if it prints out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mcast']does anyone know based on previous coupon promotions if you return the game you bought to get the coupon, is the coupon still valid???[/QUOTE]

this is worse then people bragging about being el hoardos. If you buy a game, keep it. Or trade it in somewhere.

well i was planning to trade these games in somewhere else to make my money back but i mistook the game for another and the most i can get back is $0.50 its ds crapware

i mean is exchanging it in for another game any more acceptible

[quote name='Mcast']does anyone know based on previous coupon promotions if you return the game you bought to get the coupon, is the coupon still valid???[/QUOTE]

I believe it says something like invalid or item is invalid with promo. Something like that. Had this situation happen once. Bought 2 things with promos coupons, but I returned one. Couldn't figure out which one to use so I took both. One worked, and one did not. Also you don't have to give back the coupon if you make a return. There's nothing on the actual receipt or computer screen about it. The people who claim they had to return the coupon or they didn't get a full refund probably actually used the coupon then returned the item qualifying for the gaming coupon. I could see that happening.

[quote name='Mcast']well i was planning to trade these games in somewhere else to make my money back but i mistook the game for another and the most i can get back is $0.50 its ds crapware

i mean is exchanging it in for another game any more acceptible[/QUOTE]

As long as you've the receipt, and it's unopened, go for it.

I picked up ABBA Singstar for a penny on Wednesday. The yellow tag was marked down to $3.00 but it shockingly rang up as $0.01. The cashier looked confused and asked a coworker what he should do, and to my surprise she immediately said to sell it for the price it rang up as. I played dumb and began to take out my card (it was all i had), when the customer behind me began digging in her purse and pulled out a penny. We all got a good laugh out of it and I got the $15 coupon. I plan on going back again if this is still active on Saturday.

[quote name='DjDonFrancisco']I picked up ABBA Singstar for a penny on Wednesday. The yellow tag was marked down to $3.00 but it shockingly rang up as $0.01. The cashier looked confused and asked a coworker what he should do, and to my surprise she immediately said to sell it for the price it rang up as. I played dumb and began to take out my card (it was all i had), when the customer behind me began digging in her purse and pulled out a penny. We all got a good laugh out of it and I got the $15 coupon. I plan on going back again if this is still active on Saturday.[/QUOTE]If you look back at responses over the last few pages or so, you'll see that this glitch was apparently fixed yesterday morning/afternoon so that just any game purchase won't print out the $15 coupon anymore, only $45+ purchases (as was intended).

I stopped by a K-Mart last night and got a Wii Fit rechargeable battery pack for $1.50. No Coupon printed with it.

This store did some serious re-working of their gaming section and have moved things around quite a bit. There is a major spot for those Spyro skylander things now. And it also looked like they removed alot of their older potentially clearance stuff, which is sad.

[quote name='Vigilante']If you look back at responses over the last few pages or so, you'll see that this glitch was apparently fixed yesterday morning/afternoon so that just any game purchase won't print out the $15 coupon anymore, only $45+ purchases (as was intended).[/QUOTE]

Well i'm glad they've fixed their error, and i'm especially glad i got to take part in it before it was caught. I've been waiting 2 days just to post that message about my finds, but couldn't due to new user restrictions.

Kmart this Sunday has WiiU games printing out a $10 coupon. Wonder if the code on the $10 will stack with the $15 for BF. $25 off coupons for BF sale items is easily the best deal of any store.

[quote name='DjDonFrancisco']Well i'm glad they've fixed their error, and i'm especially glad i got to take part in it before it was caught. I've been waiting 2 days just to post that message about my finds, but couldn't due to new user restrictions.[/QUOTE]?! What a hypocrite.

Back on topic. I try buying a game today and no coupon. :(

[quote name='cag1000']Kmart this Sunday has WiiU games printing out a $10 coupon. Wonder if the code on the $10 will stack with the $15 for BF. $25 off coupons for BF sale items is easily the best deal of any store.[/QUOTE]

They will stack

Wish I had known about this before hand. I went Sunday and bought 5 $10 DS games to get over $45 for the coupon; could have had 5 $15 coupons instead of one.

Bought "Hunted: The Demon's Forge" for $9.97 near Bradenton, FL. Did not receive a coupon.:cry:

Saw the ad near the front door, and it said shoppers would receive the coupon if they purchased $45 or more in games. Guess I missed out on the glitch by a day or so.

With this coupon I'm wondering if I can buy 2 $9.99 clearance games and then essentially get them both for $5 with the $15 off coupon. Or does it have to be used on ONE game priced $15 or higher.

[quote name='destro4eva']With this coupon I'm wondering if I can buy 2 $9.99 clearance games and then essentially get them both for $5 with the $15 off coupon. Or does it have to be used on ONE game priced $15 or higher.[/QUOTE]

Your idea will work :)

Okay, just to be clear... did the glitch (which now seems to have been fixed by K-Mart as people are reporting) result in you getting the $15 gaimng coupon with:

A) Any amount of purchase in gaming
B) $15 worth of gaming purchases (as noted on the topic title)
C) $5 worth of gaming purchases

[quote name='whitereflection']A. The $15 in the title refers to the minimum required for the purchase you'll be using the coupon on.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know what the coupon is for. I've bought plenty of games at K-mart and received those $15 coupons before.

But to get those coupons while buying like $2 games on clearance... man, too bad I missed out on this deal!

man i got 3 coupons but what sucks is my kmart doesnt have crap in stock, im hoping they will have some wii u games in soon anyone hear anything about thius?

[quote name='Xombie007']Yeah, I know what the coupon is for. I've bought plenty of games at K-mart and received those $15 coupons before.

But to get those coupons while buying like $2 games on clearance... man, too bad I missed out on this deal![/QUOTE]

Worked on some penny games actually )

[quote name='Xombie007']Okay, just to be clear... did the glitch (which now seems to have been fixed by K-Mart as people are reporting) result in you getting the $15 gaimng coupon with:

A) Any amount of purchase in gaming
B) $15 worth of gaming purchases (as noted on the topic title)
C) $5 worth of gaming purchases[/QUOTE]

A. Any amount of purchase (spefically games though, it was reported here that accessories did not work).

So, yeah, we got coupons with our penny games when the glitch was live...

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Debating using coupons to pick up cheap games for the backlog or using them to flip Thanksgiving day Kmart games to Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I will probably buy 2-3 games (some to flip, one to keep) and use the rest of my coupons on MS Points because those will never really drop in price as compared to games. And, to buy MS Points at 75% off is just never really going to happen ever again.

[quote name='slppedyoursster']Same here. I will probably buy 2-3 games (some to flip, one to keep) and use the rest of my coupons on MS Points because those will never really drop in price as compared to games. And, to buy MS Points at 75% off is just never really going to happen ever again.[/QUOTE]

True...same with PSN. I could resubscribe to PS+ on the cheap and get a ton of free games and discounts.

[quote name='Shabow']Thanks for the information. If I come in and do like 5 separate transactions to use all my coupons would I get in trouble? I doubt it, but you never know. I was planning on just buying $20 Wii U cards with all my coupons for 75% off games.[/QUOTE]

Unless you have a douchebag working, you'll be fine. The coupons say transaction, and you'll be doing multiple transactions. If you were to come into my store, you'd be perfectly fine no matter who it is since management wouldn't care. Just might not want to do it closer to Thanksgiving when it's busy, but that's just courtesy.

Anyone got banned from sywr? Tried to redeem points today and it said acct temporary suspended

[quote name='Uso']Anyone got banned from sywr? Tried to redeem points today and it said acct temporary suspended[/QUOTE]

How many coupons did you get? Were they just extremely cheap purchases?

If you really are banned, just get a new account. You might have to use a different number, but your coupons should still work all the same.

[quote name='Uso']Anyone got banned from sywr? Tried to redeem points today and it said acct temporary suspended[/QUOTE]

My account was suspended. I made 9 transactions the night I went to Kmart. I just called the 800 number on the back of the card and they restored my account. The guy I spoke too said that I had too many transactions in a short period of time.

If you login to your account online does it say anything?

Just got back from the Kmart. They only had two basic Wii Us at my store! :roll:

Anyway, I got a copy of ZombiU with one of my $15 coupons. There were no eshop money cards so I'll go back later this week when they'll probably be stocked.

For some reason their ZombiU box had a "Do Not Sell until 11/20" sticker on it. Luckily the guy working knew his shit, but make sure you tell them that it will NOT lock out the register if they scan it.

ZombiU with the $15 off plus the $10 coupon was pretty slick IMO. :)

You can't get the coupon any more right? Also would have one have 1-2 coupons that maybe they may not use if you do please PM me. I couldn't get our their this week, really want to get dishonored!

Wtf the Kmarts I went to only had 1 copy of ass creed and ESPN sports and no other wii u games and accessories to be found. Would most of the Wii u stuff still be in the back? Ended up getting Just Cause 2 PS3 and NBA Jam PS3 for 5 each after using the coupons.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Any word yet on if you can use both the regular $15, as well as the additional coupon some of us received by email with a different SKU?[/QUOTE]

History would indicate no, however I am sure someone will report back after trying. I'm gonna head out to kmart soon.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']History would indicate no, however I am sure someone will report back after trying. I'm gonna head out to kmart soon.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that you can only use one of them. If you try to use both the hard copy from the register and the copy from the e-mail, the coupon will error out with a message "exceeded the allowed usage" or something to that nature.

Good news is that you can use multiple coupons along as you're only apply one coupon per transaction (but not both e-mail and register coupon you got from the same transaction). The K-mart customer service was very nice and they had no problem transacting each game separately.

One challenge I had with K-mart is lack of inventory and pretty high pricing, even on older games:cry:. To top that off, the pricing is different from K-mart to K-mart and online. Pretty screwed up system but I guess that's the reason why some of us got the $15 coupon so I can't complain much.

Also, I'm sure some of you figured out that these coupons are in-store only. Funny thing is the online recognized the coupon but it won't accept it and shows message that this coupon is "in-store only".

I managed to get few $20 games for $5 after the coupon such as Uncharted 3 (vanilla version), Portal 2, and Deus Ex.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='midorix']I can confirm that you can only use one of them. If you try to use both the hard copy from the register and the copy from the e-mail, the coupon will error out with a message "exceeded the allowed usage" or something to that nature.

Good news is that you can use multiple coupons along as you're only apply one coupon per transaction (but not both th e-mail and register coupon you got from same transaction). The K-mart customer service was very nice and they had no problem transacting each game separately.

One challenge I had with K-mart is lack of inventory and pretty high pricing, even on older games:cry:. To top that off, the pricing is different from K-mart to K-mart and online. Pretty screwed up system but I guess that's the reason why some of us got the $15 coupon so I can't complain much.

I managed to get few $20 games for $5 after the coupon such as Uncharted 3 (vanilla version), Portal 2, and Deus Ex.[/QUOTE]

that is the same issue i have with my local k-mart, which is the inventory, and the prices.

[quote name='YBX87']that is the same issue i have with my local k-mart, which is the inventory, and the prices.[/QUOTE]

Yea....but at least I got the games I wanted for $5 without waiting in line or having to be the expert computer sniper in Amazon's lightning deal so this was not a bad deal.

I did have to go to three different K-mart (planned ahead), spent 2 gallons in gas (=$7.70) offset by $7 Shop Your Way Rewards points that was going to expire tomorrow so all turned out good.

I also had some nice conversation with several people who were there early to get hands on the new Wii U being released today.

[quote name='midorix']Yea....but at least I got the games I wanted for $5 without waiting in line or having to be the expert computer sniper in Amazon's lightning deal so this was not a bad deal.[/QUOTE]

there is not many video games on amazons lightning deal i really want. I am more interested in their hdtv tv deals on lightning deals, need to buy a new tv

I was able to buy MS Points with my coupons - (3) 1600 point cards for a grand total of $14.97. I just told the cashier that I have coupons that I would like to use and asked if it would be a problem to do 3 separate transactions. She was more than willing to help me out. So, 4800 MSPoints, which normally cost $60, was $15 out-of-pocket. I love 75% off!

I just got a Halo 4 controller using two coupons - One from buying Halo 4, one from last week with this deal.

Just wanted to let everyone know you can use two coupons in one transaction, but must be different offer numbers. Not sure about online coupons though, both of mine were print off in store.

bread's done
Back