Kmart $15 off gaming purchase of $15 or more coupon valid during Black Friday! YMMV

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!
I went to Kmart after work and bought Enslaved for PS3 for $4.97. One of the coupons that printed was much to my surprise $15 off of a gaming or gaming accessory purchase of $15 or more! It excludes hardware and is valid 11/18 - 12/8... so that means it's valid Thanksgiving and Black Friday!

I cannot guarantee this coupon will print out for others, however it did for me. YMMV as usual, however worth a purchase to see if it prints out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='boogie4114']There is someone a few posts up saying they got coupons today so are you sure it's over. The time they posted is 11:47am?[/QUOTE]That was me, I said there was NO coupon.

From what it sounds like, the deal is still "on" per CAG: locater918 who at 11:11 AM CST, stated he picked up a $4.97'er earlier today and got the coupon. For those who haven't had luck today, it could just be your store?

That said, I have never known Kmart to go to 'any lengths necessary' (even if there is a glitch that is probably going to cost them tens of thousands of dollars (just speculating with the dollar amount}); point is, they (Kmart/Sears) have historically been lazy and this isn't the first time that they've f'd up like this (to the benefit of a CAG). Keep trying, they'll keep printing.

BUT, I will say (from experience), I think around this time last year (when you actually had to spend the $45.00 to receive a $15.00 No-Strings-Attached coupon) I spend the $45.00 in 5 separate transactions and received 5 separate coupons, after transaction #6 and like someone earlier in the thread said (his 'freeze' came after 4 transactions/coupons), my SYWR Account was put on hold/'freeze' (no coupon after transaction #6) and I had to phone into a CSR and explain why I had so many separate transactions in such a short period......Anyway..best of luck out there.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Awww so coupon mania is over. Oh well I have 4 which is good ![/QUOTE]

Ditto, just tried 20 minutes ago. No longer printing.

Well it stinks that the coupon is no longer printing, but I'll probably hit up a K-mart near work today anyway. I grabbed 2 coupons in 2 transactions last night. I'd like to see if there are anymore penny games out there since that's still a pretty killer deal even on awful games. I got one killer find last night:

:ps3:Dragon Age II $4.97
:ps3:Star Wars Force Unleashed w\Cards $4.97
:ps3:Kung Fu Rider $0.01
:ds:Professor Layton and the Curious Village $0.01

[quote name='locater918']I just got once upon a monster for 4.97 and got the coupon so it's still working.
Just a heads up, I also found some other clearanced electronics for 90% off.
sony bravia 32" soundbar for 12.99 and the ilive soundbar for 10.99.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Esphyrian']Just picked up :360: De Blob 2 for $4.97, and no coupon. Ah well, guess they fixed it at my store, not sure if it's universal or not. I was able to get 2 yesterday, so I'm happy w/ that.[/QUOTE]So in the half-hour between these posts, did Kmart fix the glitch? :???:

F-me. My Kmart never has deals. They are still selling old launch games for $20 and that is their clearance price. Hopefully when I'm in Atlanta tomorrow I can find a Kmart and score some deals.

[quote name='Vigilante']So in the half-hour between these posts, did Kmart fix the glitch? :???:[/QUOTE]

Maybe they limited the amount of (total) coupons that would print with this offer? Enough to get people in the store but not enough to get completely hosed with this deal? Seems unlikely but ya never know. Would at least make sense as to the odd timing of it ending.

[quote name='strait edge follower']My KMart has aliens. Ill check for 100 classic games too. Getting coupons for each and flipping them is a double win for me[/QUOTE]

Which has Aliens? I never look in the DS case lol

No coupons, damn should've went yesterday. :( But got some pretty good deals:

Yakuza 4
de Blob 2
Enslaved

All $5 each and on PS3

Also picked up PES 2011 for the 3DS for $5. Don't own a 3DS but I liked the cover. :)

But yeah, no coupons. :/

Anyone know if the coupon is still printing as it was intended? That is, if you actually spend over $45?

I hope they didn't kill the offer altogether, as I was going to spend over $45 on a game anyway.

Band Hero PS3 rang up as a penny for me yesterday but they wouldn't sell it to me, they tried to override the price to the sticker price so I left it.

damn, was going to scope out more stores tomorrow. ah well, guess I should be happy with 7. I just hope these will still work on points cards cause thats why I got em.

Bummer. Was going to use this as an excuse to get out of the house and go for a cruise.

Oh well. You win some, you lose some. Just have to act quicker next time.

I picked up Paper Mario Sticker Star & Professor Layton for $60. The coupon did print out. Guess it's gotta be over $45 now to print. The coupon is still for $15 off of $15, btw.

Although there isn't much I want I think I still have a $5 off of $45 coupon lying around...not that I really need anything per say currently but if I could buy a bunch of $5 games get the $5 off and the $15 coupon it might be worth it.

[quote name='KingofGames']I picked up Paper Mario Sticker Star & Professor Layton for $60. The coupon did print out. Guess it's gotta be over $45 now to print. The coupon is still for $15 off of $15, btw.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so it must be working how it is supposed to now. I actually wanted to pick up those two as well, but mine sold out of Professor Layton.

[quote name='cag1000']Used my sywr card and never got the extra emailed coupons. Did we have to do anything special?[/QUOTE]Don't worry about it--the "emailed coupons" are the same as (i.e., linked to) the printed ones.

[quote name='Vigilante']Don't worry about it--the "emailed coupons" are the same as (i.e., linked to) the printed ones.[/QUOTE]

So u mean its the same bar code as the ones printed so it would not give me double coupons?

[quote name='cag1000']So u mean its the same bar code as the ones printed so it would not give me double coupons?[/QUOTE]The numbers under the emailed coupons' barcodes might differ from those on the printed coupons, but they're linked to each other. So no, you don't get double coupons. :cry:

[quote name='KingofGames']Yeah, my Kmart only had two copies. Guess I got lucky.[/QUOTE]

They actually had it on Sunday and I got Mario Kart instead. Went back yesterday thinking about doing the deal again and they were sold out. The Layton games take forever to go cheap.

I work at the electronics department at Kmart. I haven't read the whole thread, but here is a little info on the $15 coupons.

Spend nearly anything on a game and get the coupon. (Purchase of $3.99 printed one.)
Don't need to have the rewards card for it to print.
Have to have the rewards card to use it.
To use more than one, they must have different offer IDs. (I've got one from Halo and two from this week. I can use two on one purchase, but only if one is the Halo promo.)
Can be used on pretty much anything that has to do with games and consoles. (No tablets.)

Any other questions?

Edit: Looks like they killed it on my day off. I still rake in coupons though, people just don't want all the crap that prints with receipts and I pocket them.

It can be used for consoles? I thought hardware was excluded. And you have to be a SYWR to use it? What makes you say that? I think the recent $5 off $50 coupon specifically stated that, but this one doesn't. I'm not too sure - I'll have to look again.

[quote name='Crunkking01']I work at the electronics department at Kmart. I haven't read the whole thread, but here is a little info on the $15 coupons.

Spend nearly anything on a game and get the coupon. (Purchase of $3.99 printed one.)
Don't need to have the rewards card for it to print.
Have to have the rewards card to use it.
To use more than one, they must have different offer IDs. (I've got one from Halo and two from this week. I can use two on one purchase, but only if one is the Halo promo.)
Can be used on pretty much anything that has to do with games and consoles. (No tablets.)

Any other questions?

Edit: Looks like they killed it on my day off. I still rake in coupons though, people just don't want all the crap that prints with receipts and I pocket them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information. If I come in and do like 5 separate transactions to use all my coupons would I get in trouble? I doubt it, but you never know. I was planning on just buying $20 Wii U cards with all my coupons for 75% off games.

What happens if you are buying a game as a gift and that person ends up returning it after you use the coupon? I am all about buying my gifts early for Christmas but I am keeping the coupon...hehe.

just came back from Kmart and surprisingly i got a coupon with a 9.99 DS Game Got excited so i did a second purchase of Cubic Ninja 4.97 for 3DS But i did not get the coupon so i just decided to call it a day

Reading through the thread though it seems that many are no longer getting the coupons without a $45 purchase

[quote name='strait edge follower']Is that a game ? Never heard of it[/QUOTE]

!!e!TrigB2M~$%28KGrHqF,!i8E0Gj3kdG9BNP2HRsP8w~~_32.JPG

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I hope Kmart restocks for BF cause most Kmarts near me are slim pickins' for anything other COD.[/QUOTE]

The clerk told me that they were. He wasnt sure about max Payne 3 though. My local kmart has a bin in the middle of the floor and I found copys of mk vs DC, Batman aa and sonic generations. Hopefully thats not all the copys that will be avalible cause people might want to pick those up and it would be a shame if thats all the copys they have. I hid a copy of sonic just in case

[quote name='locater918']I just got once upon a monster for 4.97 and got the coupon so it's still working.
Just a heads up, I also found some other clearanced electronics for 90% off.
sony bravia 32" soundbar for 12.99 and the ilive soundbar for 10.99.[/QUOTE]

Any sku for that bar?

[quote name='strait edge follower']The clerk told me that they were. He wasnt sure about max Payne 3 though. My local kmart has a bin in the middle of the floor and I found copys of mk vs DC, Batman aa and sonic generations. Hopefully thats not all the copys that will be avalible cause people might want to pick those up and it would be a shame if thats all the copys they have. I hid a copy of sonic just in case[/QUOTE]

Store address and hiding spot location?

[quote name='dino88']Just thought of this...The Walking Dead comes out 12/4. I'll definitely be grabbing that if Kmart carries it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion/thought. You just made my coupon actually worth something rather than wasting it on a boring 1600pt card.

On a strange sidenote that nobody will care too much about: K-mart has Skylanders Giants Portal pack on sale this week for $54.99 yet they refused to advertise it at all other than in-store on the shelf.

does anyone know based on previous coupon promotions if you return the game you bought to get the coupon, is the coupon still valid???

bread's done
Back