Kmart $15 off gaming purchase of $15 or more coupon valid during Black Friday! YMMV

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!
I went to Kmart after work and bought Enslaved for PS3 for $4.97. One of the coupons that printed was much to my surprise $15 off of a gaming or gaming accessory purchase of $15 or more! It excludes hardware and is valid 11/18 - 12/8... so that means it's valid Thanksgiving and Black Friday!

I cannot guarantee this coupon will print out for others, however it did for me. YMMV as usual, however worth a purchase to see if it prints out.

Last edited by a moderator:
When an item that scans as an "penny" item, goes through the register at a K-Mart, its considered 90% off MSRP (usually meaning you take the last digit of the price off). Thats what "Penny" means in retail terms.

Just picked up De Blob 2 for 360 for 4.97 and got the coupon. Kicking myself for not scanning Once upon a monster. Running into my local Kmart not having much clearance games sadly, and the game I've seen that I would have actually wanted isn't 4.97 here, Enslaved 360. I have like 2 more Kmart's to try by this weekend so wish me some luck! Thanks OP this is my first deal I've done thru here!

Wow 4 years, two posts... Time to get active!

Threads like this really bring out the internet white knights. And you know what? I know that these people don't really care about the companies. They just do it because it's fun to argue with people. Nobody would defend a crappy company like Kmart. They just get their kicks pretending that they are above exploiting things like this while they also take advantage of it. Man, I wish I had a device that could punch people through the internet. I suspect those internet white knights have tin armor.

Anyway, my store didn't have much in the way of $5 games. Got two copies of Dragon Age II on separate transactions and two coupons. I'll return Dragon Age tomorrow. tomorrow. I got a pennied game (ABBA PS2) but they overrided the price to $5. I forgot to put that on a separate transaction.

[quote name='Fukurou']Threads like this really bring out the internet white knights. And you know what? I know that these people don't really care about the companies. They just do it because it's fun to argue with people. Nobody would defend a crappy company like Kmart. They just get their kicks pretending that they are above exploiting things like this while they also take advantage of it. Man, I wish I had a device that could punch people through the internet. I suspect those internet white knights have tin armor.

Anyway, my store didn't have much in the way of $5 games. Got two copies of Dragon Age II on separate transactions and two coupons. I'll return Dragon Age tomorrow. tomorrow. I got a pennied game (ABBA PS2) but they overrided the price to $5. I forgot to put that on a separate transaction.[/QUOTE]

Hahahah, wow.

So I snagged two coupons today :)

Here's final (probably) haul:

Paper Mario Sticker Star - $40
Mario Kart 7 - $20
Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs - $20
De Blob 2 - $5

So that's $85 total with $45 in coupons back :) Already sold Paper Mario for a $30 so it's actually $55 spent with $45 in coupons back and $6 in SWYR Points. Not bad.

My store was devoid of any real good clearance save for De Blob 2. Didn't realize Once Upon A Monster was a Kinect game so didn't even check the clearance Kinect.

My K-Mart cleared out all their old stock of games and only keeps like really recent games now, save for one old game bin near the front checkout registers. That's where I found De Blob 2. I wanted Combat of Dinos and used a $5 Award Card and $5 Coupon to bring it down to $10.

Overall pretty happy since I saw Rage and Bulletstorm on clearance for $10 each so I am getting those two with one coupon :) and then some other stuff. No Binary Domain or Dead Souls at mine either.

Gaming guy was real cool, just said "Wow, you got a $15 coupon, which is really cool since you didn't even spend $45." Front register guy for De Blob just grabbed the coupon and gave it to me without even looking.

got 7 gamestoday:

2x Once Upon Amonster 9.97 each
2x PS Move Heroes 4.97 each
2x De Blob 2 ps3 4.97
Yoostar 2 4.97

Was hoping the OUAMs had the 460 ms points but it must have been a first run print sorta thing cause there were no points inside. ah well.

So basically $45. kept 1 PS Move heroes and traded rest to Best Buy for $36.

Gonna have to scope out some other KMarts Friday

[quote name='strait edge follower']Oh and once upon a monster dropped to 5$ at KMart so you can get a bunch of them using one coupon and flip them too as the base value is 4$ at bestbuy[/QUOTE]

this was marked 9.97 at my local KMart and it rang up that way too.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']this was marked 9.97 at my local KMart and it rang up that way too.[/QUOTE]

It's all YMMV. Some of the games people found here for cheap were twice the price at my K-Mart. The clearance PS2 games were not pennied out. Checked an old 2010 MLB game and they still wanted $15 for it. lol

Of course my Kmart (just like my Target) has no good clearance items. They're still selling Duke Nukem for $20. Seriously, and I was excited to get in on the deal.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']

My store was devoid of any real good clearance save for De Blob 2. Didn't realize Once Upon A Monster was a Kinect game so didn't even check the clearance Kinect.

My K-Mart cleared out all their old stock of games and only keeps like really recent games now, save for one old game bin near the front checkout registers. That's where I found De Blob 2. I wanted Combat of Dinos and used a $5 Award Card and $5 Coupon to bring it down to $10

[/QUOTE]

That's how my Kmart was also except I found a $10-$30 bin in the electronics section. I got duke nukem forever for $10. And I signed up for there rewards thing when I checked out also and by the time I got home I had a second coupon with the receipt in my email. It was easy to sign up for also they just took my email, name, and zip code, took like 15 seconds. Now I have 2 $15 coupons!!! I'll prolly just try to get wwe 13 and madden 13 from them now on Black Friday and avoid Walmart. I'm prolly going to go back tomorrow and get another game for some more coupons so I can get max Payne 3, Xbox live card, and some Microsoft points or something. Might pick up a few vita games with them coupons next week as well. Dang this deal is great I might have just found my new favorite store.

Deal worked great for me this evening. Bought two De Blob games one for PS3 and one for Xbox 360 for $4.97 each. Lady at the register figured out what was up once the first $15 off coupon printed out and I said I wanted to do two different transactions. Second one went through fine and off to Best Buy I went to trade my games in for my $10 back. Looking forward to the Black Friday deals and saving a bunch of cash.

Wondering if the coupons on my email receipt will work as well as it says on there that you need to use either the one that printed out or the one in the email, but the codes look different. Guess we'll have to try them out.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']That's how my Kmart was also except I found a $10-$30 bin in the electronics section. I got duke nukem forever for $10. And I signed up for there rewards thing when I checked out also and by the time I got home I had a second coupon with the receipt in my email. It was easy to sign up for also they just took my email, name, and zip code, took like 15 seconds. Now I have 2 $15 coupons!!! I'll prolly just try to get wwe 13 and madden 13 from them now on Black Friday and avoid Walmart. I'm prolly going to go back tomorrow and get another game for some more coupons so I can get max Payne 3, Xbox live card, and some Microsoft points or something. Might pick up a few vita games with them coupons next week as well. Dang this deal is great I might have just found my new favorite store.[/QUOTE]

well if what was said earlier is true, youll only be able to use one of those coupons.

YOu guys never cease to amaze me!

Well i went to local kmart packed my kid and we took off. Our Kmart doest have crap hardly. SO i had to grab DE BLOB on ds 5 bucks.

SO i went to the front register , no one was working in the elec section guy rung me out and sure enough got dat 15 coupon. So i asked him for more help in the elec. So another guy from cust svc came out to help me.

I got those 2 pes 2011 soccer 3ds games. I told him to do me a favor and ring em up separate he did. He looked at the coupon funny and gave it to me lol. THen he rang the second and gave me the recipt but no coupon. I heard it print so i waited for it .

He then said "You want that coupon?" And i knodded my head yes sir. LOL
bastard wanted to keep it for himself.

I then got the f outta there. Lol.
I really hope this kmart gets some wii u games they dont have anything hardly that i wanted.Hopefully it wasnt in haste
SOme games there are overly priced to , they have that submarine 3ds game steel something for 40.00! dafuq
icon10.gif
icon14.gif

NhPrK.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
the shopyourwayreward website is pissing me off. I tried logging on to account to redeem my points with the email they sent my receipt to, it showed up a different account. I guess sometimes ago, I signed up already. I see the membership is different with 0 point.
So i tried activating my other membership and it says the information doesn't match. I used the membership number they texted me and zipcode but it's still wrong. Anyone knows the solution to this?

Some of the ps2 games when scanned said ”please refer to price tag for pricing”. None of them were pennied out. If they were I would have flipped them to bestbuy as I had to take care of some bussiness there

I think that's what people mean when they say items penny out. I don't know how they are allowed to buy them anyway since every employee I've run into just rings up the stickered price in that scenario.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']That's how my Kmart was also except I found a $10-$30 bin in the electronics section. I got duke nukem forever for $10. And I signed up for there rewards thing when I checked out also and by the time I got home I had a second coupon with the receipt in my email. It was easy to sign up for also they just took my email, name, and zip code, took like 15 seconds. Now I have 2 $15 coupons!!! I'll prolly just try to get wwe 13 and madden 13 from them now on Black Friday and avoid Walmart. I'm prolly going to go back tomorrow and get another game for some more coupons so I can get max Payne 3, Xbox live card, and some Microsoft points or something. Might pick up a few vita games with them coupons next week as well. Dang this deal is great I might have just found my new favorite store.[/QUOTE]

Well wwe 13 isn't in there Black Friday ad. But at least madden is. So I can get that for $25 and use the rest on Microsoft points cards. Looks like ill still have to go to Walmart to try to get wwe 13. I really want that game now for some reason... I might try to go rent it from blockbuster to hold me over. They will prolly be out of it tho.

I found a few ps2 games that rang up a penny. Guy working didn't bat an eye (nametag said Gardening on it though..)

Usually in the case of "check shelf label" if its something i want, I ask them to look up last price and have been successful with that. Most recent score for that was a Ps2 Silver for $10.

Went to a different Kmart tonight. Only notable finds were Wii component cables on clearance for $2.97 and also found a black Wii nunchuk for $15 exactly on clearance. I might go back next week and use one of my coupons on it.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']Well wwe 13 isn't in there Black Friday ad. But at least madden is. So I can get that for $25 and use the rest on Microsoft points cards. Looks like ill still have to go to Walmart to try to get wwe 13. I really want that game now for some reason... I might try to go rent it from blockbuster to hold me over. They will prolly be out of it tho.[/QUOTE]

Why not Redbox it? I haven't used them before, but there's threads on here about getting free rentals.

http://www.redbox.com/games

[quote name='kouleefoh']the shopyourwayreward website is pissing me off. I tried logging on to account to redeem my points with the email they sent my receipt to, it showed up a different account. I guess sometimes ago, I signed up already. I see the membership is different with 0 point.
So i tried activating my other membership and it says the information doesn't match. I used the membership number they texted me and zipcode but it's still wrong. Anyone knows the solution to this?[/QUOTE]

I actually have the same problem. I think you can call customer service and have them merge the accounts. I just haven't done it yet.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Went to a different Kmart tonight. Only notable finds were Wii component cables on clearance for $2.97 and also found a black Wii nunchuk for $15 exactly on clearance. I might go back next week and use one of my coupons on it.[/QUOTE]

The OP says the coupon excludes hardware. Oh. Wait.:whistle2:#

Yeah but I already got a blockbuster pass. I wrote down all the redbox game codes as well. The problem is I let my brother rent halo 4 and I need that back to switch it out at blockbuster which is y I haven't gone up there yet. I got black ops 2 and halo 4 to hold me over till I can rent wwe by this weekend. Halo 4 multiplayer is a lot better than black ops 2 I think. I haven't lagged out of one game like call of duty. Not as many campers and cheaters in halo. No drop shorting since u can't lay down. And it seems like every game where I was doing really good in last night in black ops 2 the host kicked us out and I didn't get none of the xp or help to my k/d ratio. That didn't happen one time in all the halo games I played already. Guess I need to give zombies a try tho. That's what really pushed me to buy it anyway. That and my brothers like call of duty more. I'm 26 years old and moved out with my girlfriend and there around 22 and moved out also we all like to get online tho still sometimes and play some call of duty or halo with each other.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Both of my kmarts have the sports champions move bundles for 80$. Im watching those like a vulture flying over a dying animal[/QUOTE]
i bought that for 50.00 last yr at amazon and it was the bundle, kmart has that way to overpriced even with coupon, hope u get one this yr for cheap

Jeez kid, we didn't want your life story.

Any chance this snafu will be the straw that finally bankrupts Kmart? They recently just doled out money to the areas affected by the hurricane, and now this little mishap is going to cut into their fourth quarter earnings, which is usually the most profitable for many retailers.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Both of my kmarts have the sports champions move bundles for 80$. Im watching those like a vulture flying over a dying animal[/QUOTE]

Crazy how that's priced for that when I got the LBP2 SE bundle with navigator that was $129.xx for $24.99.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']Yeah but I already got a blockbuster pass. I wrote down all the redbox game codes as well. The problem is I let my brother rent halo 4 and I need that back to switch it out at blockbuster which is y I haven't gone up there yet. I got black ops 2 and halo 4 to hold me over till I can rent wwe by this weekend. Halo 4 multiplayer is a lot better than black ops 2 I think. I haven't lagged out of one game like call of duty. Not as many campers and cheaters in halo. No drop shorting since u can't lay down. And it seems like every game where I was doing really good in last night in black ops 2 the host kicked us out and I didn't get none of the xp or help to my k/d ratio. That didn't happen one time in all the halo games I played already. Guess I need to give zombies a try tho. That's what really pushed me to buy it anyway. That and my brothers like call of duty more. I'm 26 years old and moved out with my girlfriend and there around 22 and moved out also we all like to get online tho still sometimes and play some call of duty or halo with each other.[/QUOTE]

Haha! You're cute!:)

[quote name='whitereflection']Any chance this snafu will be the straw that finally bankrupts Kmart? They recently just doled out money to the areas affected by the hurricane, and now this little mishap is going to cut into their fourth quarter earnings, which is usually the most profitable for many retailers.[/QUOTE]

Doubtful. To get the coupons, people have to actually buy games at Kmart.
Don't think that's alot of people. ;)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It's all YMMV. Some of the games people found here for cheap were twice the price at my K-Mart. The clearance PS2 games were not pennied out. Checked an old 2010 MLB game and they still wanted $15 for it. lol[/QUOTE]

Guitar Hero 5 for PS2...wait for it...wait for it...$29.99! WHAT A DEAL! Oh well, I can't complain since I paid a penny for two games yesterday and got two coupons - which brings my coupon total to 8. :bouncy:

[quote name='whitereflection']Jeez kid, we didn't want your life story.

Any chance this snafu will be the straw that finally bankrupts Kmart? They recently just doled out money to the areas affected by the hurricane, and now this little mishap is going to cut into their fourth quarter earnings, which is usually the most profitable for many retailers.[/QUOTE]
I don't think the majority would care if sears/kmart died off. They will probably celebrate with a liquidation just like circuit city.

[quote name='whitereflection']Jeez kid, we didn't want your life story.

Any chance this snafu will be the straw that finally bankrupts Kmart? They recently just doled out money to the areas affected by the hurricane, and now this little mishap is going to cut into their fourth quarter earnings, which is usually the most profitable for many retailers.[/QUOTE]
i highly doubt a 15 dollar coupon will crack in their earnings to much, first off their stock sucks, most kmarts dont have anything on the shelves. THis wont help but your right they are hanging by a thread, been like that for years.

OP you rock!!!! Got two more coupons today. :D Cancelled my NSMBU preorder from Newegg and will just use one of my $15 coupons on it since the coupon activates on Sunday.

Went to another Kmart after for whatever reason striking out at the first store. I was finally able to get some coupons and flip fodder to BB. Thanks a ton OP.

Grabbed...

Rage PS3 - $9.97
Vanquish PS3 - $4.97
Duke Nukem Forever PS3 - $4.97
and
Signstar ABBA/QUEEN PS2 - $0.01 each

Got 4 coupons out of the bunch (rang up the pennied items together with a bunch of other stuff, was hoping it would encourage the cashier to just go with the flow and ring it up, she did). I'm happy with the purchases, worst-case...I burn Duke Nukem in the backyard, then trade the rest in at Best Buy this weekend for what I paid for them...Can't wait to use these coupons.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Oh and once upon a monster dropped to 5$ at KMart so you can get a bunch of them using one coupon and flip them too as the base value is 4$ at bestbuy[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']this was marked 9.97 at my local KMart and it rang up that way too.[/QUOTE]

Picked up two for $4.97 each.

It's probably been discussed but with the email coupons having different bar code numbers, could those be printed and used also?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']The OP says the coupon excludes hardware. Oh. Wait.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

LOL... well I wonder if nunchuks are considered accessories or not? Ah well I shall find out next week.

[quote name='Fukurou']These coupons work on Black Friday. It's going to be great.[/QUOTE]

I know. I am hoping because of the coupons I won't have to go to Walmart.

I have 4 of these coupons but I want to stock up on more. Getting 20$ games like infamous 2, deus ex, nfs the run, ratchet and clank all 4 one and Batman aa for 5$ each after the coupon is nothing to complain about and getting a bunch of 5$ games to flip is always good too. Kmart is probibly thanking me for slowly taking these old games of their hands :)

[quote name='Outlaw1986']Yeah but I already got a blockbuster pass. I wrote down all the redbox game codes as well. The problem is I let my brother rent halo 4 and I need that back to switch it out at blockbuster which is y I haven't gone up there yet. I got black ops 2 and halo 4 to hold me over till I can rent wwe by this weekend. Halo 4 multiplayer is a lot better than black ops 2 I think. I haven't lagged out of one game like call of duty. Not as many campers and cheaters in halo. No drop shorting since u can't lay down. And it seems like every game where I was doing really good in last night in black ops 2 the host kicked us out and I didn't get none of the xp or help to my k/d ratio. That didn't happen one time in all the halo games I played already. Guess I need to give zombies a try tho. That's what really pushed me to buy it anyway. That and my brothers like call of duty more. I'm 26 years old and moved out with my girlfriend and there around 22 and moved out also we all like to get online tho still sometimes and play some call of duty or halo with each other.[/QUOTE]

you don't even know the age of your gf? :D

So how long are the coupons good for?

I didn't have time to find the clearance bin, by the time I found out that's where all the older games had been moved I had to go.
I bought a black official sony PS2 memory card for $2.99 but it seems accessories don't produce coupons.

[quote name='dragoon99']so how long are the coupons good for?

I didn't have time to find the clearance bin, by the time i found out i had to go.
I bought a black ps2 memory card for $2.99 but it seems accessories don't produce coupons.[/quote]

11/18-12/08

[quote name='strait edge follower']I have 4 of these coupons but I want to stock up on more. Getting 20$ games like infamous 2, deus ex, nfs the run, ratchet and clank all 4 one and Batman aa for 5$ each after the coupon is nothing to complain about and getting a bunch of 5$ games to flip is always good too. Kmart is probibly thanking me for slowly taking these old games of their hands :)[/QUOTE]

I plan on getting about half of those games myself.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I have 4 of these coupons but I want to stock up on more. Getting 20$ games like infamous 2, deus ex, nfs the run, ratchet and clank all 4 one and Batman aa for 5$ each after the coupon is nothing to complain about and getting a bunch of 5$ games to flip is always good too. Kmart is probibly thanking me for slowly taking these old games of their hands :)[/QUOTE]
I have all of those in my eternal backlog. But as for me, I'll be getting 2 copies of Max Payne 3 for $3.

[quote name='Fukurou']I have all of those in my eternal backlog. But as for me, I'll be getting 2 copies of Max Payne 3 for $3.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what im gonna do on Thanksgiving. Im also gonna throw in a cheap ds clearance item and get sonic generations in black Friday for basically free. I can do this with that clearanced lbp plush bundle that I saw today as its 14.99

So as I mentioned, was able to get the $15 coupon to print after nothing happened at the first store I went to. Grabbed 10 games and had the cashier ring them up separately. Took a page from someone else who posted in this thread and said they were stocking stuffers and needed gift receipts for each. CSR was really nice and had no problem doing it.

:360: Hannah Montana $2.97
:360: Jillian Michaels Fitness Adventure $4.97
:360: Mayhem $4.97
:360: Once Upon A Monster $4.97 x 2
:3ds: Samurai Warriors Chronicles $4.97
:3ds: Cubic Ninja $4.97
:ps3: Band Hero $0.01
:ps3: Dragon Age Origins Expansion Pack $4.97
:ps3: Nascar Unleashed $9.97

Keeping OUAM, DA & HM. Trading in the rest to BB. Pretty excited about using these during BF.

[quote name='coopscohen']So as I mentioned, was able to get the $15 coupon to print after nothing happened at the first store I went to. Grabbed 10 games and had the cashier ring them up separately. Took a page from someone else who posted in this thread and said they were stocking stuffers and needed gift receipts for each. CSR was really nice and had no problem doing it.

:360: Hannah Montana $2.97
:360: Jillian Michaels Fitness Adventure $4.97
:360: Mayhem $4.97
:360: Once Upon A Monster $4.97 x 2
:3ds: Samurai Warriors Chronicles $4.97
:3ds: Cubic Ninja $4.97
:ps3: Band Hero $0.01
:ps3: Dragon Age Origins Expansion Pack $4.97
:ps3: Nascar Unleashed $9.97

Keeping OUAM, DA & HM. Trading in the rest to BB. Pretty excited about using these during BF.[/QUOTE]

Hm 360 is 3$ ? Thats perfect filler to get a 14.99 game above the 15$ pre tax total needed to use the coupon

bread's done
Back