Kmart $15 off gaming purchase of $15 or more coupon valid during Black Friday! YMMV

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!
I went to Kmart after work and bought Enslaved for PS3 for $4.97. One of the coupons that printed was much to my surprise $15 off of a gaming or gaming accessory purchase of $15 or more! It excludes hardware and is valid 11/18 - 12/8... so that means it's valid Thanksgiving and Black Friday!

I cannot guarantee this coupon will print out for others, however it did for me. YMMV as usual, however worth a purchase to see if it prints out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BetterToGive']Then GTFO and don't go back! America doesn't need you shopping at our stores. You're a guy going in looking to spend $1 in order to steal money from the company and get an exploit. Why should anyone care about you? Stay out of the store then.[/QUOTE]

Jesus christ, overreact much?

[quote name='steelcurtain11']How can you tell which games are a penny and which games are $5? Are they specifically marked that in a bin of some sort, or do they just ring up that?[/QUOTE]

Best way is to take the games to a scanner and scan them. K-mart clearance is ymmv.

[quote name='BetterToGive']Let's see here.

$10 for game. You couldn't trade in a $10 game for more than the cost of an envelope. You aren't getting a very good game or one you would have bought otherwise.

Gives you $15 coupon. Nice coupon.

You need to pay at least $15 (excludes sale items?). You're basically getting $5 off at that point.

You pay $20+tax for Playstation card. You pay $6.40 now (+$10 from before = $16.40) and get the Playstation card. You also had to make 2 trips to Kmart, and deal with their terrible electronics employees just to save $3.60.

That's not worth the trip to me. That's if you can even find games for $10 that will work.

That is the basically the best scenario too. If you're paying $60 a game but using the coupon it's not as good either. I'm sure they exclude sale items and especially blow outs.

Oh well, not worth my time though.[/QUOTE]

Not the best case scenario. People have been finding $5 and penny games, and some games are pretty good (Yakuza: Dead Souls?)

[quote name='TheLiptonDipper']I'm not even mentioning the whole gimme the coupon fiasco. I know I'm wrong on that front she gave the ad to look at. I just didn't like her stalking me then asking about what I had in my hands. She asked me where one of the games went. I told her it was on the shelf. Then I asked her if she wanted to search my coat. Sorry for the rant, I was just a little upset. I've never stolen a thing in my life.[/QUOTE]

That definitely sucks and reason to be upset. Honestly, I am used to getting watched in stores. Maybe I need to dress more like a pleasantville resident and change ethnicity :)

[quote name='BetterToGive']Yep, it's really disgusting how this has gone. Now it's more about what exploits you can find rather than finding the best deals. Which employees you can trick into messing up and giving you a pricematch.

Just a bunch of mini con-men. It is disgusting.[/QUOTE]

Feels like you just came here to rant. I'm usually 50/50 on these things. In this case, calling it disgusting and con men is a bit much. K-mart should really be above these sort of glitches as a corporation and no one is being deceptive in taking advantage of it.

Edit:
And I see it is confirmed you came here to rant...lol
People and their agendas.. smh

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Feels like you just came here to rant. I'm usually 50/50 on these things. In this case, calling it disgusting and con men is a bit much. K-mart should really be above these sort of glitches as a corporation and no one is being deceptive in taking advantage of it.[/QUOTE]

If you know it's wrong, then it's wrong. If someone leaves their car unlocked, that doesn't mean you get to steal their radio and then say, "Well, they should have locked their car."

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Feels like you just came here to rant. I'm usually 50/50 on these things. In this case, calling it disgusting and con men is a bit much. K-mart should really be above these sort of glitches as a corporation and no one is being deceptive in taking advantage of it. [/QUOTE]

You're usually 50/50 on these things? That means you're a flip-flop. I have my stance on it and I stand by it 100%. I just stand for what's right. Damn sure not a flip-flop.

Change ethnicity? You need an agenda, kid.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']If you know it's wrong, then it's wrong. If someone leaves their car unlocked, that doesn't mean you get to steal their radio and then say, "Well, they should have locked their car."[/QUOTE]

This is a completely different situation.

No one is stealing or doing anything close to it here. No one is even lying.

You just go and make a purchase and they hand you the coupon.

There is no deception involved. We're not lying and telling anyone we bought $45 worth of VG.

Situations are very different.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']This is a completely different situation.

No one is stealing or doing anything close to it here. No one is even lying.

You just go and make a purchase and they hand you the coupon.

There is no deception involved. We're not lying and telling anyone we bought $45 worth of VG.

Situations are very different.[/QUOTE]

I guess we have different senses of morality then.

[quote name='BetterToGive']Nope, I just tell it like it is. I don't have to sugarcoat it for you or anyone else.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what our community would do without your valuable input. We would be truly lost.

"We're not lying...there's no deception"

No, you just went up with 5 games and asked to be rung up on separate transactions because you were buying them for "stocking stuffers", right?

That's real honest.

Just a flip-flopper and that disgusts me.

I don't know, to rip up the coupon seems a little extreme. Seems like she's doing something that isn't really in her paygrade.

[quote name='BetterToGive']"We're not lying...there's no deception"

No, you just went up with 5 games and asked to be rung up on separate transactions because you were buying them for "stocking stuffers", right?

That's real honest.

Just a flip-flopper and that disgusts me.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a flip flopper. I just have my own moral compass and half the time it takes advantage of a glitch and half the time it finds it to be a bit much. I evaluate each situation on its own. You think you are on some moral high ground and if that makes you feel better, then more power to you.

Just to go ahead and burst people's bubble on the "double" coupons. The email coupon and the physically printed coupon may have different numbers, but they are the same. I tried it before because I was curious if it would work, but you'll get a message after using one that this promotion has been redeemed or something of that nature. So no, there is no glitch to get one coupon by email and another physically printed. If you want to use the email coupon, you have to print it from the email. That link thing never leads to something you can print.

[quote name='waffulls']Someone in here must work for kmart lol...[/QUOTE]

My theory is its the clerk who tore the coupon out. Turns out she has a CAG account called Bettertogive and the only thing she wants to give is rage.

If your Kmart has Binary Domain and Yakuza: Dead Souls, they should both be $14.99, and that's how much they trade in for at Best Buy. The former is a fantastic game, the latter is a zombie game where the controls take some getting used to, but it's a pretty unique game in that it replicates a city where you can do anything there.

[quote name='whitereflection']If your Kmart has Binary Domain and Yakuza: Dead Souls, they should both be $14.99, and that's how much they trade in for at Best Buy. The former is a fantastic game, the latter is a zombie game where the controls take some getting used to, but it's a pretty unique game in that it replicates a city where you can do anything there.[/QUOTE]

I got a few more coupons today. I can use two of them to get the remaining copys of binary domain for basically nothing (in seperate transactions) and flip them to best buy. I also brought a copy of infamous 2 for 20$. Im gonna do a return rebuy with that one using one of my coupons :)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I'm not a flip flopper. I just have my own moral compass and half the time it takes advantage of a glitch and half the time it finds it to be a bit much. I evaluate each situation on its own. You think you are on some moral high ground and if that makes you feel better, then more power to you.[/QUOTE]

So it's not a bit much to ask for 5, 10 separate transactions to net you extra coupons? What's your definition of "bit much" then?

It's one thing if an employee thinks or feels the receipt shouldn't have printed, however from the sound of it, the cashier was way out of line for acting that way. I mean who the hell wants to shop at a store where customers are seen and treated as criminals just for shopping?

Of course what can you expect from someone making minimum wage.

[quote name='gotdott']So it's not a bit much to ask for 5, 10 separate transactions to net you extra coupons? What's your definition of "bit much" then?[/QUOTE]

No. lol. Have you seen extreme couponing?

People do it all the time. If the store says no, you thank them anyways and move on.

For me a bit much usually involves deception or many steps to trick people, things like that.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Oh and once upon a monster dropped to 5$ at KMart so you can get a bunch of them using one coupon and flip them too as the base value is 4$ at bestbuy[/QUOTE]

There's none of those left at 34th, do you know if they have any at Astor Pl? Would pick up one for my little sister.

Also you'll need to find something to push Binary Domain over $15 to use your coupons

[quote name='gotdott']There's none of those left at 34th, do you know if they have any at Astor Pl? Would pick up one for my little sister.

Also you'll need to find something to push Binary Domain over $15 to use your coupons[/QUOTE]

34 street has them by the clearance wall hanging on a hook and astor has none left (I brought the last 5$ game there today which was mayhem for ps3). Im gonna throw in some cheap ds screen cover or whatever to push it over 15$

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Got mine today, no success with the penny games though.[/QUOTE]

Really? My wife picked up a few penny games (mostly PS2 games - Tiger 10, Singstar 80s, Singstar ABBA, High School Musical, and I think another - and the coupon printed for each of them (rang up individually)).

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Just to go ahead and burst people's bubble on the "double" coupons. The email coupon and the physically printed coupon may have different numbers, but they are the same. I tried it before because I was curious if it would work, but you'll get a message after using one that this promotion has been redeemed or something of that nature. So no, there is no glitch to get one coupon by email and another physically printed. If you want to use the email coupon, you have to print it from the email. That link thing never leads to something you can print.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I will probably still give it a shot, or wait for someone else to try it, but I won't expect it to work.

I don't understand the people coming into this thread and telling us we're in the wrong for buying a game and getting a coupon. I didn't demand the coupon. It's like saying somebody is in the wrong if they buy a game at Kmart and flip it at Best Buy for some extra coin.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']No. lol. Have you seen extreme couponing?

People do it all the time. If the store says no, you thank them anyways and move on.

For me a bit much usually involves deception or many steps to trick people, things like that.[/QUOTE]

Extreme couponing is so worth it if you have the time and patience. My wife has couponed a bit and we have ended up with more than enough air freshener and shaving gel lol.

[quote name='BetterToGive']Then GTFO and don't go back! America doesn't need you shopping at our stores. You're a guy going in looking to spend $1 in order to steal money from the company and get an exploit. Why should anyone care about you? Stay out of the store then.[/QUOTE]

This America the only reason I didn't go off is because she is working and I respect that a hell of a lot more then what millions of people do in this country i.e. welfare (nobody on this site though). I walked out and didn't say anything to her or a manager. The game was actually 19.99 I bought it as a gift and was intending to use the coupon for myself.

P.S. I think I have done enough for America that I should be able to walk around a store without being stalked by a walkie-talkie wielding Kmart nazi.

The Kmart BF ad shows xbox games. What are the chances that PS3 will be included? Sometimes stores show one system and it is only that system on sale. I don't usually buy anything in Kmart sales ads so I don't know how likely it is for games on both systems to be on sale.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I got a few more coupons today. I can use two of them to get the remaining copys of binary domain for basically nothing (in seperate transactions) and flip them to best buy. I also brought a copy of infamous 2 for 20$. Im gonna do a return rebuy with that one using one of my coupons :)[/QUOTE]

The coupons start the day after the BB 100%, supposedly, ends. Maybe they'll do 50% and you might get the $12 for them.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']It's one thing if an employee thinks or feels the receipt shouldn't have printed, however from the sound of it, the cashier was way out of line for acting that way. I mean who the hell wants to shop at a store where customers are seen and treated as criminals just for shopping?

Of course what can you expect from someone making minimum wage.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. People like that run into too many shy people. I would have ******* that *****!!!!!!!!

Decided not to make the 60 mile trip to Kmart for this deal, as I'll be spending $30 on gas alone for the two trips (today then next week) to reap the benefits. I figured if I bought 4 games, I'd be able to snag 4 $20 Microsoft point cards for $20, but after all costs I'd only be saving $20 IF I was able to score some clearance games and IF they would have that many cards left next week (prior visits would have little to none typically). So I'll just try my luck with Target I guess, wish my Kmart in town didn't close...:cry:

[quote name='DRKnight']Do these work yet or do we have to wait sorry if its been posted?[/QUOTE]

They will work starting the 18th.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I brought the last 5$ game there today which was mayhem for ps3. [/QUOTE]

Keep freaking forgetting to look for that!!!!!!!!:bomb: Been wanting to try that game since Best Buy had the Xbox version for $5 during a gaming sale.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Yeah. People like that run into too many shy people. I would have ******* that *****!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

No you wouldn't have.

[quote name='showtimefolks']So to get a coupon do you have to spend minimum on a game? Like $5 also do you have to buy a ps3,360 game or even games for last gen systems?[/QUOTE]

Minimum..yes, apparently it's "$0.01" as some have reported getting coupons by purchasing penny games. I found a penny game but got denied to purchase at that price.

So far, personally, I know it works for DS, PS2, and PS3.

Don't forget to check the glass cases.

[quote name='midorix']Minimum..yes, apparently it's "$0.01" as some have reported getting coupons by purchasing penny games. I found a penny game but got denied to purchase at that price.

So far, personally, I know it works for DS, PS2, and PS3.[/QUOTE]

3DS games, too. Samurai Warriors & Centipede are $4.97.

[quote name='waffulls']Someone in here must work for kmart lol...[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's the ghost of Josh. He has returned to haunt the people that caused him to get fired...Not the pile-of-shit corporation that constantly makes poor decisions.

Only kidding about it being Josh, he's far too intelligent and nice to be caught sifting through forums attempting to belittle others about their moral fiber.

This isn't our fault, it may 'ethically' wrong, but definitely not 'morally'. Stealing a radio from someone's car, morally wrong and ethically wrong...Taking advantage of a corporation's lack of insight, 'BORDERLINE' ethically wrong.

Because someone in Kmart doesn't comprehend adding $15 coupons to 'ANY' game purchase could draw a financial loss, that's their problem. Hell, maybe they're so stupid that they know about this, and think it's a wonderful fucking idea...You don't know.

You should try working there, then you'd REALLY understand how poorly mismanaged, and in dire-need of financial bankcruptcy and liquidation Kmart is.

i went to kmart today and i did buy 6 games and got 6 coupons!... the coupons says "this gaming coupon is STACKABLE with other gaming coupons in the same transaction" why people are saying you cant use more than one per transaction?

[quote name='omargm']i went to kmart today and i did buy 6 games and got 6 coupons!... the coupons says "this gaming coupon is STACKABLE with other gaming coupons in the same transaction" why people are saying you cant use more than one per transaction?[/QUOTE]You can use it with other gaming coupons, but you can NOT use it w/ another $15 coupon of the same offer ID. Says so right on the coupon.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Decided not to make the 60 mile trip to Kmart for this deal, as I'll be spending $30 on gas alone for the two trips (today then next week) to reap the benefits. I figured if I bought 4 games, I'd be able to snag 4 $20 Microsoft point cards for $20, but after all costs I'd only be saving $20 IF I was able to score some clearance games and IF they would have that many cards left next week (prior visits would have little to none typically). So I'll just try my luck with Target I guess, wish my Kmart in town didn't close...:cry:[/QUOTE]
You could just go there today and sleep outside until the day the coupon goes live. Save yourself some gas.

Trying to understand how this works. So I can buy any game and get the $15 coupon? Can I also use the coupon for my Black Friday shopping since its activated on the 18th. Also, I assume these codes stack too.

[quote name='coopscohen']Has this not worked for anyone? I just tried and no gaming coupon. I did get some other garbage coupons though.[/QUOTE]

still working for me as of a half hour ago (about 7 pm)

bread's done
Back