Kmart $15 off gaming purchase of $15 or more coupon valid during Black Friday! YMMV

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!
I went to Kmart after work and bought Enslaved for PS3 for $4.97. One of the coupons that printed was much to my surprise $15 off of a gaming or gaming accessory purchase of $15 or more! It excludes hardware and is valid 11/18 - 12/8... so that means it's valid Thanksgiving and Black Friday!

I cannot guarantee this coupon will print out for others, however it did for me. YMMV as usual, however worth a purchase to see if it prints out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='warboss zorbag']Hopefully I can use the coupons to purchase MS points and PSNcards.
No one will be able to confirm that till the 18 th tho...[/QUOTE]

Unless they changed it recently, these coupons can be used on points cards

[quote name='esalw822']Man I wish this didn't get its own thread. Probably gonna get killed a whole lot sooner now. That said, here's more fuel for the fire: clearance PS2 games at my local KMart were pennied out. Bought 4 in separate transactions on two trips. Four coupons for $.04 cents total outta pocket (even though the games were tagged at $3, $6, $10, etc.) Might be worth checking out your local stock...[/QUOTE]

The electronics rep would not sell me Sports Champions PS3 and Guitar Hero Van Halen PS3 when they rang up for a penny each. I ended up paying the sticker price of 2.99 after the manager was called over to override the price. Got 2 coupons from these 2 games in 2 separate transactions and bought 5 more 4.97 games in separate transactions to get 5 more coupons.

[quote name='caMOFOg']The electronics rep would not sell me Sports Champions PS3 and Guitar Hero Van Halen PS3 when they rang up for a penny each. I ended up paying the sticker price of 2.99 after the manager was called over to override the price. Got 2 coupons from these 2 games in 2 separate transactions and bought 5 more 4.97 games in separate transactions to get 5 more coupons.[/QUOTE]

Was this today? Just wanting to make sure it's still working before I drive the 30 miles to my nearest Kmart.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Was this today? Just wanting to make sure it's still working before I drive the 30 miles to my nearest Kmart.[/QUOTE]

This was yesterday. Can anyone confirm if it is working today?

Thank You OP! First game I bought the cashier bypassed the "E-mail me the receipt" option before I could get to the terminal to hit the button, but the last two games I bought I selected "email and print". I just checked my e-mail and for each game I bought the coupon that I received as part of the e-mail has a differnet code than the one that printed at the register. So for a $5 game I got 2 $15 off $15 coupons.

[quote name='theblizzman']Thank You OP! First game I bought the cashier bypassed the "E-mail me the receipt" option before I could get to the terminal to hit the button, but the last two games I bought I selected "email and print". I just checked my e-mail and for each game I bought the coupon that I received as part of the e-mail has a differnet code than the one that printed at the register. So for a $5 game I got 2 $15 off $15 coupons.[/QUOTE]

Crap I deleted all these emails lol

[quote name='DealSeeker2U']I just came back and it is still working. I got a $4.97 game and the coupon printed. So it is still good.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks!

Just got back from trying this. Cheapest game I found was Duke Nuken Forever for $10 and got the coupon. I also tried to buy a Wii controller skin and a hockey stick attachment (Wii) for $1 each. One gave me a different coupon for clothes and the other didn't come with one.

So everything was a success except the e-receipt, I never saw the option to receive one during the card prompts. All I saw at the beginning was it asked me if I want to become a rewards member right after scanning my SYWR. I hit yes regardless to see if I'd get the receipt in my email but still nothing.

Just got back from Kmart. Got two :360: games for $0.01 each in two separate transactions along w/ two $15 coupons. When the cashier rang up the first game and saw the price, she said "Wait...we can't sell this game for this.", and almost called over somebody. I then said "Oh, yes you can. I checked a bunch of games on the scanner and this IS the price of the game." She let it go through, and I'm thinking probably b/c there was a small line.

On another note, I did find a few PS3 games for $4.97. Even though they weren't marked as such, I was able to verify w/ the in-store scanners. Look for yellow price stickers.

[quote name='TwistedShade']Before i go just want to clarify how this works. Do i ask the cashier to give me an Ereciept or do the coupons come on the physical one?[/QUOTE]
It prints out automatically, or it's emailed to you depending on how you choose to get your receipt.

[quote name='Esphyrian']Just got back from Kmart. Got two :360: games for $0.01 each in two separate transactions along w/ two $15 coupons. When the cashier rang up the first game and saw the price, she said "Wait...we can't sell this game for this.", and almost called over somebody. I then said "Oh, yes you can. I checked a bunch of games on the scanner and this IS the price of the game." She let it go through, and I'm thinking probably b/c there was a small line.

On another note, I did find a few PS3 games for $4.97. Even though they weren't marked as such, I was able to verify w/ the in-store scanners. Look for yellow price stickers.

It prints out automatically, or it's emailed to you depending on how you choose to get your receipt.[/QUOTE]

Wait, there were pennied 360 games? If so, which ones?

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Wait, there were pennied 360 games? If so, which ones?[/QUOTE]
The only two I saw (didn't check a lot), were Viva Piñata (PH), and Bakugan. I'd probably never buy or play these games ordinarily. Since they were just a penny, I figured an easy 2K G plus $30 in coupons. Win win :D

[quote name='caMOFOg']Crap I deleted all these emails lol[/QUOTE]
If you have Gmail, they don't get deleted, just moved to an "archived" folder. Just in case. :lol:

[quote name='TwistedShade']Before i go just want to clarify how this works. Do i ask the cashier to give me an Ereciept or do the coupons come on the physical one?[/QUOTE]

It comes with the physical one.

[quote name='Esphyrian']

[/QUOTE]

Could you tell me what games are $4.97? I suspect my Kmart is not labeling the price drops. If anyone can give names of some of the cheap games I would very much appreciate it.

If this is still working I might have to pick up more games for the cheap after work.😃Also I'm just wondering have u guys seen any Wii U games at your Kmart? I wanna pick up ACIII on the Wii U, but my Kmart didn't have any and I know ACIII came out yesterday cause I saw it at Toysrus and Walmart.

[quote name='just joe']Could you tell me what games are $4.97? I suspect my Kmart is not labeling the price drops. If anyone can give names of some of the cheap games I would very much appreciate it.[/QUOTE]
Look at 2nd page or Link

[quote name='just joe']Could you tell me what games are $4.97? I suspect my Kmart is not labeling the price drops. If anyone can give names of some of the cheap games I would very much appreciate it.[/QUOTE]
The only ones I recall right off are Dungeon Seige III and SW:TFU. But you can scan them in-store, if your store has scanners around.

[quote name='Metal Militia']If this is still working I might have to pick up more games for the cheap after work.😃Also I'm just wondering have u guys seen any Wii U games at your Kmart? I wanna pick up ACIII on the Wii U, but my Kmart didn't have any and I know ACIII came out yesterday cause I saw it at Toysrus and Walmart.[/QUOTE]

I saw a copy at Kmart last night.

[quote name='DealSeeker2U']Look at 2nd page or Link[/QUOTE]
That list is definitely YMMV, cuz Lego Star Wars was coming up $15 at my store.

I'll be making a 2nd trip later today to check out more games.

[quote name='warboss zorbag']Hopefully I can use the coupons to purchase MS points and PSNcards.
No one will be able to confirm that till the 18 th tho...[/QUOTE]
I used the coupons from WWE 13, NFS, and the other previous deals. 20$ for 4 ms cards. You cannot buy an item outright though.

[quote name='iam8bit']If you have Gmail, they don't get deleted, just moved to an "archived" folder. Just in case. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I always empty the trash after deleting my emails doh does anyone know if there is a way to have Kmart resend you the ereceipts?

[quote name='Esphyrian']That list is definitely YMMV, cuz Lego Star Wars was coming up $15 at my store.

I'll be making a 2nd trip later today to check out more games.[/QUOTE]
Yup, YMMV. No universally definite list. Check KMart clearance thread for a better idea though. Here's the link for that thread: New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

[quote name='Esphyrian']That list is definitely YMMV, cuz Lego Star Wars was coming up $15 at my store.

I'll be making a 2nd trip later today to check out more games.[/QUOTE]

Which one did you check cause the older one should ring up at clearance

I went to kmart got my game, the cashier looked at the coupon. She said it was a mistake ripped it up and threw it away. I just laughed and walked away, needless to say I'm not keeping the game just because she was a *****.

[quote name='TheLiptonDipper']I went to kmart got my game, the cashier looked at the coupon. She said it was a mistake ripped it up and threw it away. I just laughed and walked away, needless to say I'm not keeping the game just because she was a *****.[/QUOTE]

I would have complained to the manager. That kinda shit is unacceptable.

I bought Dragon Age Origins: Awakening and Dragon Age 2 (PS3) for $5 each and got 2 $15 coupon. Also e-receipt, so hopefully that means 4 coupons. Definitely gonna use it on some PSN cards and sell the 2 games at cost off craigslist.
When checking for prices, if a game has an add-on price tag, especially the green ones, they're most likely $4.97 games. The ones with Value sticker or huge prices on them, those are more likely the right prices.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I would have complained to the manager. That kinda shit is unacceptable.[/QUOTE]

I will do so when I return there Friday. She was also stalking me like I was going to steal something. I told her I was just scanning games for stocking stuffers.

P.S. I'm just going to hit up the kmart in the city I drill in, very friendly customer service. I just hope it still works Friday.

[quote name='TheLiptonDipper']I will do so when I return there Friday. She was also stalking me like I was going to steal something. I told her I was just scanning games for stocking stuffers.

P.S. I'm just going to hit up the kmart in the city I drill in, very friendly customer service. I just hope it still works Friday.[/QUOTE]
haha i was afraid the employees would do that when I was going to scan the pile of games, but fortunately, they didn't.

[quote name='TheLiptonDipper']I will do so when I return there Friday. She was also stalking me like I was going to steal something. I told her I was just scanning games for stocking stuffers.

P.S. I'm just going to hit up the kmart in the city I drill in, very friendly customer service. I just hope it still works Friday.[/QUOTE]

That kinda shit annoys me to no end. Especially when they act like you are gonna steal games if you are carrying more than 2 or 3 games.

Just tried to print the e-mailed coupon and when I go to print it an error pops up "Offer code missing re-open e-mail" in the middle of the coupon. I am going to just try and either do a screen capture of the coupon or print the email itself (it has a barcode). Wondering if this is just me or are others seeing the same issue.

The coupons are nice, but I think I like the penny and $5 games even more. I just hope my KMart has those same ones for the same prices.. the electronics section isn't very pretty

[quote name='theblizzman']Just tried to print the e-mailed coupon and when I go to print it an error pops up "Offer code missing re-open e-mail" in the middle of the coupon. I am going to just try and either do a screen capture of the coupon or print the email itself (it has a barcode). Wondering if this is just me or are others seeing the same issue.[/QUOTE]

The same thing happened to me on my emails. Just screen cap it with the barcode and you should be good to go.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']She was right though.[/QUOTE]

I guess, but it's not her job to enforce the corporate coupon system. If I was her I would just laugh and say "looks like you lucked out". I mean, it's not like he was intentionally abusing it, just buying a few games.

[quote name='Shabow']I guess, but it's not her job to enforce the corporate coupon system. If I was her I would just laugh and say "looks like you lucked out". I mean, it's not like he was intentionally abusing it, just buying a few games.[/QUOTE]

He bought one game knowing that this glitch would happen. That's intentional abuse.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']She was right though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gettinmoney662']He bought one game knowing that this glitch would happen. That's intentional abuse.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go try this myself, but this man is right.

lol

The coupons are mistakes and we are abusing the system in doing it. It definitely sucks she actually did her job, but you can't really fault her for doing her job.

How can you tell which games are a penny and which games are $5? Are they specifically marked that in a bin of some sort, or do they just ring up that?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I'm going to go try this myself, but this man is right.

lol

The coupons are mistakes and we are abusing the system in doing it. It definitely sucks she actually did her job, but you can't really fault her for doing her job.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I don't care if you guys take advantage of this glitch but to feel entitled to it or get pissed when it doesn't work out for you is too much.

Let's see here.

$10 for game. You couldn't trade in a $10 game for more than the cost of an envelope. You aren't getting a very good game or one you would have bought otherwise.

Gives you $15 coupon. Nice coupon.

You need to pay at least $15 (excludes sale items?). You're basically getting $5 off at that point.

You pay $20+tax for Playstation card. You pay $6.40 now (+$10 from before = $16.40) and get the Playstation card. You also had to make 2 trips to Kmart, and deal with their terrible electronics employees just to save $3.60.

That's not worth the trip to me. That's if you can even find games for $10 that will work.

That is the basically the best scenario too. If you're paying $60 a game but using the coupon it's not as good either. I'm sure they exclude sale items and especially blow outs.

Oh well, not worth my time though.

I'm not even mentioning the whole gimme the coupon fiasco. I know I'm wrong on that front she gave the ad to look at. I just didn't like her stalking me then asking about what I had in my hands. She asked me where one of the games went. I told her it was on the shelf. Then I asked her if she wanted to search my coat. Sorry for the rant, I was just a little upset. I've never stolen a thing in my life.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Exactly. I don't care if you guys take advantage of this glitch but to feel entitled to it or get pissed when it doesn't work out for you is too much.[/QUOTE]
Yep, it's really disgusting how this has gone. Now it's more about what exploits you can find rather than finding the best deals. Which employees you can trick into messing up and giving you a pricematch.

Just a bunch of mini con-men. It is disgusting.

[quote name='gotdott']Which one did you check cause the older one should ring up at clearance[/QUOTE]It was a Wii game, so that might be the difference.

Just got back from my 2nd trip, didn't get anything, The 360 clearance games are slim pickins. The only $4.97 game I found was De Blob2. Might just stick w/ the 2 coupons I have already.

[quote name='TheLiptonDipper']I'm not even mentioning the whole gimme the coupon fiasco. I know I'm wrong on that front she gave the ad to look at. I just didn't like her stalking me then asking about what I had in my hands. She asked me where one of the games went. I told her it was on the shelf. Then I asked her if she wanted to search my coat. Sorry for the rant, I was just a little upset. I've never stolen a thing in my life.[/QUOTE]
Then GTFO and don't go back! America doesn't need you shopping at our stores. You're a guy going in looking to spend $1 in order to steal money from the company and get an exploit. Why should anyone care about you? Stay out of the store then.

bread's done
Back