Kmart BF Ad has PS2 games for $8. Star Wars Battlefront 2 (PS2) for $13

Admiral Ackbar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I'm taking this from KrazyKeyur at FW who took it from BFads.net.

Edit: the Friday/Saturday Ad has Star Wars Battlefront 2 for PS2 for $13. May be a misprint where they meant 1. Oh well!

Kmart advertises $7.99 games for BF. They show four for the PS2.

THUG2
ATV2
Ghost Recon 2
PoP: Warrior Within

The question is, are these the only eight dollar games or will there be a bunch more? I think it's only these because there is a quantity limit of 2.

You can see the ad here.

POP and Recon would be great, I'm glad I didn't buy these when they were on sale. But I hope they have Recon for Xbox I would prefer to get it for that system instead.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I hope it's online, THUG 2 for $8 would be nice but I don't think I would want go to to K-Mart just for that[/QUOTE]

you could got THUG 2 for 5 bucks at bb few weeks back

[quote name='shrike4242']Roufuss would know, if anyone. Hopefully, he'll see this and comment.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I see it, I have to talk to my manager today about Xbox 360 information so I'll see if he can dig me up Black Friday stuff too.

Edit: The weird thing is, I don't have ANY of these games at my store anymore... I wonder if they will send me a shipment full of them? Chances are I won't sell all of them, and then I will be stuck with *more* old games that won't sell for full price once BF is over.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I hope it's online, THUG 2 for $8 would be nice but I don't think I would want go to to K-Mart just for that[/QUOTE]

Bring the add to Wal-Mart and price match on BF morning...

[quote name='soulwish2003']Bring the add to Wal-Mart and price match on BF morning...[/QUOTE]
Stores are funny about BF pricing, since they could easily call it "clearance" or a "door buster" and refuse the PM. Good luck on it.

Glad I missed out on POP:WW during the CC $10 sale. Now I will only have to pay $3. Thanks OP and thanks pricegrabber.

Thanks for linking to the scans. I didn't know that scans were online already.

From the looks of the scans so far, I'll be skipping BF this year. CompUSA didn't have what I wanted.

Oddly enough, for everyone saying this thanksgiving was going to be crazy, I don't see mcuh I want yet.

It's been reported there are going to be some massive DVD price drops, but I think that's throughout the season.

Barring what CC and BB and Target do, I don't see myself buying much. Last year I got a GBA SP from CC and a few DVD from target and BB.

Now, if someone has a good DS bundle for $120-$130, or even $150 with Nintendogs and another good game, I'm there.

[quote name='paintballers']Nothing to interesting yet as of Black friday deals[/QUOTE]

Seconded but BB, CC, Target, and Eb havnt shown their flyers yet. Anyone else see how Sears threatened to sue bfads.com for showing their flyer?

[quote name='shrike4242']Stores are funny about BF pricing, since they could easily call it "clearance" or a "door buster" and refuse the PM. Good luck on it.[/QUOTE]

Wal-Mart HAS to pricematch it. They have no corporate policy that restricts stores from Price Matching on Black Friday. If they start to give you a hard time, tell them you'd like to have a phone to call 1-800-WAL-MART and verify the price-matching policy or speak with the store manager. The store manager WILL be there that morning guaranteed.

aren't the ps2 and xbox versions of ghost recon2 supposed to be 2 different games? i know the ps2 version isn't supposed to be as good, but for 8$ i'd give it a try. so anyone know how different they are?

It will be interesting if his store gets the games in, from what i see from kmart sales is they advertise an item and its availible at select stores only basically, if your kmart doesnt have it, they will never be getting it. I have gone to kmart many times for the ad deals only to find that "this store never got it in" (i have learned since to not waste my time!). Also they tend to run out of the good items really fast, so i wouldnt count on the 8$ games.

[quote name='slidecage']you could got THUG 2 for 5 bucks at bb few weeks back[/QUOTE]

I ordered it and Best Buy cancelled the order

Originally Posted by slidecage
you could got THUG 2 for 5 bucks at bb few weeks back
[quote name='YoshiFan1']I ordered it and Best Buy cancelled the order[/QUOTE]

It was sort of YMMV. I did the store pickup option, and got it without a hitch a few hours after my order (on Sunday afternoon)

I've never had a problem finding anything at K-Mart on Black Friday. The stores I've been to in the past barely had anybody in them, the lines were short, and I got what I wanted right away. Of course, it may also depend on where you live and which K-Mart you go to. Prince of Persia: WW is the only one I would get from that list.

Wal*Mart on BF, however, is completely insane! The traffic to get in blocks the roads and creates gridlock and the line of people to get in goes around the store!

[quote name='paintballers']Nothing to interesting yet as of Black friday deals[/QUOTE]

I am holding out hope for a fat ebames sale.

They had the best of the sales last year(b2g1free on used games, and some sexy loss leaders)

am i the only one who noticed if you go to the site the op got the ad from and look at kmarts fri & sat ad scan they have star wars battlefront 2 shown for 12.99?

[quote name='Fire']I'll probably pick up one of each except for Recon if it's only for PS2.[/QUOTE]

Yaeh what you said. And like Admiral Ackbar said, this year is a whole lot of hype so far and not a lot of substance. But we still have CC, TRU, etc. to see their deals, so who knows.

[quote name='LaraCroftsLeftBoob']am i the only one who noticed if you go to the site the op got the ad from and look at kmarts fri & sat ad scan they have star wars battlefront 2 shown for 12.99?[/QUOTE]

Holy crap.... this can't be real, can it? That has to be a misprint (it's probably supposed to be the 1st one.) If not, it's one of the best deals in a long, long time.

[quote name='shrike4242']Stores are funny about BF pricing, since they could easily call it "clearance" or a "door buster" and refuse the PM. Good luck on it.[/QUOTE]

I was at Wal-Mart last year and witnessed a few 'yuppie' mothers price matching everything to the KB & Circuit City adds... I was a bit shocked... toys, music cd's... woman at the register was changing all of the prices.

Holy smikes, yiou're right. The friday Saturday Ad wasn';t there yesterday so they must have added it last night.

That has to be a misprint on SW BF 2. They must have meant 1 but screwed up on the ad. All of the other games pictured are older games.

I hope I can get the xbox version for that price. Otherwise I might skip it.

[quote name='alive741']Does anyone know WHEN the actual ads will come in the local newspapers?[/QUOTE]

Usually on Thanksgiving day.

Hell yeah!! I'll be getting BattleFront II. It's like last year's Ace Combat 5 fiasco all over again :) Sure, it took a couple Wal Marts before I could pricematch, but it was $4.99 well spent.

Wow, that Battlefront 2 thing is a pretty big mess up...seems like it happens a lot too (the people who put these ads together don't seem to be able to distinguish between an original game and it's sequel). I'm definately going to try and get in on that one, even though I didn't like the game much from the demo I played. Gamestop probably still gives $30 or so credit on it, too.

[quote name='Otherguy676']PM SWB 2 at Circuit City and get it for under $10. Thats what Im doing.[/QUOTE]

how easy is it to do that? do they just call them to confirm, then give you the price?

[quote name='Timothyx']how easy is it to do that? do they just call them to confirm, then give you the price?[/QUOTE]

I'd personally come in with an add, but it's going to be sheer pandemonium BF at CC that it's probably not even worth doing the PM and just waiting it out for it to be used, or on sale sometime.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I'd personally come in with an add, but it's going to be sheer pandemonium BF at CC that it's probably not even worth doing the PM and just waiting it out for it to be used, or on sale sometime.[/QUOTE]

yeah, bf will be crazy. thanks.

The ad is from Friday-Saturday, so it is not a BF ad. K-Mart also has another BF set of ads also out. I have an Xbox, not a PS2, so I'm hoping that somehow I can get this still for an Xbox. I may buy a PS2 version at a store like CC and then exchange it a few days later for the Xbox version with a gift receipt.

Im going to wait till later in the day Saturday when things calm down to price match it. I'll probably buy a crap load so I can get $credit$ from Gamerush for a 360.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Im going to wait till later in the day Saturday when things calm down to price match it. I'll probably buy a crap load so I can get $credit$ from Gamerush for a 360.[/QUOTE]

That's kinda what I was starting to think too. Or go in Friday afternoon, things will have calmed down some by then.

bread's done
Back