Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds $20

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon $20

Kirby Tripe Deluxe $20

Mario & Luigi Dream Team $20

Tomodachi Life $20

Bravely Default $20

Yoshi's New Island $20

Original Post

Edit- The game has gone down to $5 now but the PS3 version can no longer be added to the cart.  The 360 version has gone to $5 as well and can still be ordered.

http://www.kmart.com/konami-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-for-xbox/p-018W007382911001P?pageInd=product&currentProductTitle=konami-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-for-xbox&isSEOCanonURL=true&catgroupId=018W007382911001P&catalogId=10104&redirectType=SRDT&isSEOUri=true&storeId=10151&partNumber=018W007382911001P&reqURI=%2fshc%2fs%2fkonami-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-for-xbox%2fp-018W007382911001P

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 $10 at Kmart.  Not available for shipping but has in-store pickup if it's available locally.

Seems to be $30-40 most places still even though it didn't review nearly as well as the first game.  Free rental though since it trades back to BBY for $10 right now and GS for $13.

http://www.kmart.com/konami-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-for-playstation/p-018W007382927001P

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to price match Tropical Freeze, Mario Party 3DS, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, and Disney Magical World at a small Walmart this morning. Had to go through four employees and I'm pretty sure one of them thought I was a scammer, but the Mario games were gifts so it was worth it.

was able to pricematch pokemon y at my local bestbuy here in Colma, sf.

seamless transaction..but it was the only copy in the store...and it wasn't even available online for store pickup

you have to go to the store physically and just gamble there are copies. 

Went to my local Kmart and they had all the games I wanted. DCTP, Y, Yoshi, Kirby, BD. But when I asked the guy to get them out of the case and told him about the online price he said he can't price match. He said he tried earlier and even with a manager but he said it says online only price, which I don't see anywhere about that. But they said can't price match their website and I told him the website doesn't even work and says all these games are not in stock at the store, and he just said yeah that's stupid. So hopefully I can make it to Walmart tomorrow to price match.

Friend went to the one in Tinley Park (Chicago here) to grab a 5 buck LoS 2 after I mentioned that I got it for $5.45 to him and while there, he noticed that there were a ton of mislabeled PS4's and Xbone's (Madden bundled with it) for $250. He didn't have his CC on him but a woman who was with him was able to get one before the manager pulled them all down and started to price fix them. This is clearly a huge case of YMMV but worth checking in and seeing if any other stores happen to have them mislabeled before they realize their mistake and jack the prices back up. Needless to say, he wasn't thrilled to just walk away with a 5 buck copy of LoS 2.

I am definitely in a bitching mood. How dumb is it that the online order people have limited access to the SYWR accounts and the SYWR people have limited access to the online orders.  I am having a three way with Jen and Kelly right now as each of them are relaying my order information to each other. Why is Kmart dying again?

I was able to PM :ps3: AC: Black Flag for $10 at BestBuy. It took awhile since it was "out of stock" and kmart.com didn't show up on the results for places that they do price match, but they caved in.

I am definitely in a bitching mood. How dumb is it that the online order people have limited access to the SYWR accounts and the SYWR people have limited access to the online orders. I am having a three way with Jen and Kelly right now as each of them are relaying my order information to each other. Why is Kmart dying again?
Yep, they are exceptionally terrible with this aspect.

I am having a three way with Jen and Kelly right now
Doesn't sound that bad ;)

Thanks Eld. I price matched Mario Golf at Walmart with absolutely no issue, took maybe 30 seconds. Almost wish I'd tried for Luigi's Mansion but that seems more YMMV since it says it out of stock on the product page. $15 for a game I was planning to pickup for my new 3DS XL is good enough for me.

$105 out of pocket got me:

2 copies of lords of the fallen for xbone
1 copy of dragon age inquisition for ps4
1 copy of castlevania lords of shadow ps3
1 copy of MGS ground zeroes xbone
$20 back in points

Thanks for the work on this thread eld!

I am definitely in a bitching mood. How dumb is it that the online order people have limited access to the SYWR accounts and the SYWR people have limited access to the online orders. I am having a three way with Jen and Kelly right now as each of them are relaying my order information to each other. Why is Kmart dying again?
Try to order something from Sears then change your mind and try to get them to cancel it. :rofl:

I actually miss that k-mart. They use to sell slurpees or something like slurpees can't remember what they were called, and of course riding the horsey outside as a kid.

Edit: just remembered they were Icee's.

5ecfc0016123a50dc902007a2d3a50e2_icee2-754-c.jpg
they sell these in movie theaters too

Kmart is weird. I ordered 4 games on  a single transaction and all shipped within 30 minutes within receiving my order confirmation and they are all schedule to be here tomorrow. Amazon Prime is a joke compared to Kmart. lol

However each item shipped separately....

Kmart is weird. I ordered 4 games on a single transaction and all shipped within 30 minutes within receiving my order confirmation and they are all schedule to be here tomorrow. Amazon Prime is a joke compared to Kmart. lol

However each item shipped separately....
That's b/c they ship it from stores that already have it. Amazon has no stores. Kmart is still a joke though. They shipped me my games in a giant box w/ no bubble protectors. They must have been tossed around multiple times.

Went to pick up my order and my Kmart has a lot of the games in stock but they show OOS online. I asked and the clerk called a manager who wouldn't match their own site. They won't even take money when people try to give it to them.

Edit: in some cases they even had multiple copies and it still showed OOS
I went in tonight to pick up my copy of MGS and saw they had a few copies of LOS2 :360:. I checked on my phone and it showed as being available for store pickup at that store, so I went to order it. But once I put in my payment info, it popped up an inventory error. But if I deleted it from my cart, it showed up again as available. I brought up this issue to the person at the service desk and they called management after verifying that had 3 copies on hand and ultimately price matched the website.

Denied a price match on metal gear (Xbox one) at Walmart because the price difference was too much. Sent the girlfriend to do it since she was already there, don't know if I would have had better luck. I'll be close to best buy tomorrow and will try. It's in stock at my "local" Kmart but it's way on the other side of town or else I'd have just done store pickup

Couldn't get out today but hope this lasts till tomorrow. Where do ppl find it easier to price match? New to that and those 3DS games are tempting. Customer service or register?

Yeah but they're not dealing with new fangled things like the internet or price matching.
Yea, it's abundantly clear to me, and most others, why Kmart is in the current situation. They make it extremely difficult to do simple things.

I was able to get a few of the games I missed from Wal Mart including Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. The Customer Service Manager said she couldn't do it because it was too much off the regular price And it would be cheaper for them to send it back to the supplier.. The clerk asked when that was added To the policy. LOL! Manager came back and checked everything and eventually approved it.

Just got MGS Xbox One and Ass creed Black Flag PMed at another Best Buy. I love kMart for the prices they give us, too bad I don't buy from them.

This was before Sears bought them. Now they are on a downward spiral to bankruptcy.
Fun fact: that's just a common misconception. Kmart actually bought Sears, but just took on the name of Sears. Kmart was actually in decent shape before the merger, and probably could have remained competitive for a while longer had they not spent $11 Billion dollars on buying Sears. Imagine if they had used that capital on developing a functioning website, renovating and modernizing their stores and properly training their employees? Buying Sears was the biggest mistake that they could have possibly made. I honestly only know any of this myself since before the store I worked at went through liquidation, my very bitter managers harped on it a ton.

Your point remains though: the corporation is on its way out

Fun fact: that's just a common misconception. Kmart actually bought Sears, but just took on the name of Sears. Kmart was actually in decent shape before the merger, and probably could have remained competitive for a while longer had they not spent $11 Billion dollars on buying Sears. Imagine if they had used that capital on developing a functioning website, renovating and modernizing their stores and properly training their employees? Buying Sears was the biggest mistake that they could have possibly made. I honestly only know any of this myself since before the store I worked at went through liquidation, my very bitter managers harped on it a ton.

Your point remains though: the corporation is on its way out
The sears at the mall right by my house is closing in 6 days and there are now only 3 kMarts and 2 Sears in the Milwaukee area. Sad to see them go so soon because of these great game prices. The problem is that there is no need for Sears Holdings to be in today's America, just look at what the company has done in the last 6 months and you can see they are getting desperate.

Well, thanks OP! Picked up LoS2 for 360.

weird thing is, the store I selected for pick up is a different address than the one that is in the order processing email. That's Kmart I guess.

Damn got one confirmation for pickup, but the other order is still processing for in store pickup. Bestbuy always gets back to me within hours. I'm going to assume that my order gets cancelled.

Also almost a month that an order I never picked up was charged and my money still has not been refunded.

So eager to get rid of my SYW points so that I never have to deal with them again unless something is in stock for shipping, which is almost never.

Dream team was about the same price with GCu At bestbuy buy i PM'd Pikmin 3 at bby and castlevania 2 at walmart. Dude couldn't belive the los2 price lol

Got Tomodachi Life, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3), and Knack all price matched at Best Buy.  

Thanks for all the info, OP.

After striking out with Walmart I decided to try best buy tomorrow after work...until I noticed that the game was "in stock" but not in stock. It was available for store pickup and would be ready in like 2-3 days. I assume this means they have a shipment confirmed and on its way but none in store. I called cust service and asked to price match and do store pickup. They said yes and after quite a while of hold time finally got a supervisor override and she said we could place the order. Then I stupidly asked if my gcu would apply to the order and she said she didn't know what gamers club unlocked is. After explaining it to her she told me she'd ask and let me know. We were promptly disconnected. I call back and explain everything I just went through. We have to start all over. This time she scares me and says she doesn't think she can do it to Kmart and has to check. Meanwhile it has gone out of stock for pickup at kmart. Somehow she comes back and says they can do it. Lots more hold time later my order is placed for mgsV for Xbox one. No gcu discount was applied. Whatever, I'll take it. Won't lose sleep over $1.

But does gcu usually apply to price matches?

Don't know if anyone mentioned this but its something to remember.  If your sears/kmart has these games but won't price match, the games may be clearanced out soon anyway.  Not worth a long drive but if you're nearby, checking once or twice a month may result in getting the game cheap in the future.  I know that Rayman Legends and a few of the others have been marked clearance at my stores, just haven't pulled the trigger cause the clearance prices haven't been low enough yet.  Totally YMMV of course.

Don't know if anyone mentioned this but its something to remember. If your sears/kmart has these games but won't price match, the games may be clearanced out soon anyway. Not worth a long drive but if you're nearby, checking once or twice a month may result in getting the game cheap in the future. I know that Rayman Legends and a few of the others have been marked clearance at my stores, just haven't pulled the trigger cause the clearance prices haven't been low enough yet. Totally YMMV of course.
More likely the next sale for Kmart and Sears will be liquidation sales. This company is so absolutely going the way of Wards, Circuit City and Comp USA.

Amazing how clunky their online site is. It is one of the most counter-intuitive, poorly designed retail websites; I mean, mom and pop shops have more functional web pages.

Then again, shouldn't be surprised; this is a company that is doing so badly its own boss had to give it a loan to keep it breathing. Talk about zero investor confidence.

More likely the next sale for Kmart and Sears will be liquidation sales. This company is so absolutely going the way of Wards, Circuit City and Comp USA.
And possibly very suddenly lke CC since they're very close to losing the ability to get product from vendors on credit which was what ultimately killed CC.

Well after starting out the day hoping for a copy of Far Cry 4 for $29 I had to settle on Wolfenstein: The New Order (One), A play and charge kit for the Xbox One, and a 1.5 quart baking dish for $34.  Basically in order to fix my surprise points problem they just gave me another $20 in points but I also had $12 in surprise points that got refunded when they cancelled FC4.  So in the end I was able to redeem about $32 in points and spent enough to get it all shipped for free.  I will just wait for Far Cry 4 to drop at BBY and use my GCU.  Happy with the haul in the end though.

I forget the details but that warning about their credit was related to that at the time.
Yeah, when you can't find a single bank willing to lend you money -- that is a very, very bad sign.

Doubtful Sears/Kmart can turn it around this holiday season to stay afloat the rest of next year. I'd certainly like to see them stick around as competition is good for everyone but the brands here may be past saving now.

Sadly, what's likely is that some oil baron or hedge fund will swoop it up, lay off thousands, trim the fat, and turn it around as a small regional retailer.

Yeah, when you can't find a single bank willing to lend you money -- that is a very, very bad sign.

Doubtful Sears/Kmart can turn it around this holiday season to stay afloat the rest of next year. I'd certainly like to see them stick around as competition is good for everyone but the brands here may be past saving now.

Sadly, what's likely is that some oil baron or hedge fund will swoop it up, lay off thousands, trim the fat, and turn it around as a small regional retailer.
Or another failing company will swallow them up for the intellectual property and branding like Kmart did to Sears and continue the cycle! Best Buy this seems like your destiny.

Someone will want the IP at least though because names like Craftsman, Kenmore, and DieHard are probably worth the money (even if they're not what they were at one time) if you're able to then take it to all the big box stores.

I went into my local Kmart today and apparently we don't  have a video game section anymore. There was one copy of AC Unity and Fifa 14 for Xbox One, a few wii games and thats all lol.

bread's done
Back